BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 86 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What clubs do most Bethesda kids move to? I'm guessing it will hurt those clubs.

The good ones from the 2020 team went to Next Level - that is how that team went from average to great

The 2021 team is the first one with so much talent. The boys were discussing going to Crabs and/or NL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs do most Bethesda kids move to? I'm guessing it will hurt those clubs.

The good ones from the 2020 team went to Next Level - that is how that team went from average to great

The 2021 team is the first one with so much talent. The boys were discussing going to Crabs and/or NL.

As a Madlax old guy I hate to say it but NL looks to be the team on the rise. They seem to be locking down some talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Madlax old guy I hate to say it but NL looks to be the team on the rise. They seem to be locking down some talent.

The coaches of the Heights have done a great job reviving the program. They seem to have brought back the Landon connection which is definitely a plus.

Will be interesting to see if Bethesda/Performance becomes more affiliated with Bullis since the Megill brothers coach there.

Mater Dei is the wildcard. They currently mostly feed Bethesda and Club Blue, but if Club Blue goes away that group of kids could really elevate another program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well has anyone read what the new Fall plan for Madlax is. I think this is a way better way to do it. We will no longer play in the NL fall games only Sunday league. Which is good because lots of kids play with there high school in this league or play in the Public high school Sat. fall league. They will be doing a hour and a half per grade level ( All three teams in one place) skills practice every weekend. Then we will be playing in our normal 3 Fall one day tournaments. I like the format of all three teams practicing at one time. Great advantage to the kids on the state teams this should push them to get better for sure. Also they will not make rosters for the tournaments tell the week or two before the first tournament. This should be good to find the real best 20 or so players for the Cap. team. any thoughts ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well has anyone read what the new Fall plan for Madlax is. I think this is a way better way to do it. We will no longer play in the NL fall games only Sunday league. Which is good because lots of kids play with there high school in this league or play in the Public high school Sat. fall league. They will be doing a hour and a half per grade level ( All three teams in one place) skills practice every weekend. Then we will be playing in our normal 3 Fall one day tournaments. I like the format of all three teams practicing at one time. Great advantage to the kids on the state teams this should push them to get better for sure. Also they will not make rosters for the tournaments tell the week or two before the first tournament. This should be good to find the real best 20 or so players for the Cap. team. any thoughts ????

Will be hard to field three teams with the resurgence of NL and the formation of DCExpress. All of the MadLax B teams had a rough summer which might drive some kids away
This academy system can only help at this point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be hard to field three teams with the resurgence of NL and the formation of DCExpress. All of the MadLax B teams had a rough summer which might drive some kids away
This academy system can only help at this point.

Well if you see this summer 2019 was the only age that had 3 teams. All other grades went to a MD/VA team. The neat part was the 2019 state teams Va and MD had the most success record wise compared to the other MD/VA combined teams. But If I had to guess they will go to a combined 2019 team moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone really think that the formation of DC Express is going to change anything? Performance already had high school teams that were B level at best. If Bethesda team stay together and goes to Performance, yes they will be better... but Crabs, etc... will not be as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to get a clue in next level - no one from Bethesda would ever go there. All the teams are terrible / look at hoco results / all bad. 2020 was decent and went 1-5 or 2-4 in hoco / so let's not get silly calling them great.

Next level will be out of business in a year. Bethesda and MadLax not entering the fall or winter league they run - which accounts for all of their profit. Sorry - 2020 can hang on, but that's it and will be their only half decent high school team.

Bethesda teams beat the snot out of next level at 21,22,23,24,25,26......... Sorry - just reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, will Madlax cut any players during tryouts? If they don't want to form the Capital teams now, I get that, but are they going to keep the best 40 kids (assuming Capital and MDVA) and then determine which team they make for tourneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax will do whatever makes them the most money. Period.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, will Madlax cut any players during tryouts? If they don't want to form the Capital teams now, I get that, but are they going to keep the best 40 kids (assuming Capital and MDVA) and then determine which team they make for tourneys?

Well I do not see huge numbers of cuts at any age. They have 2 teams at every grade but 2019. And looking at the website they have 20 or less names on the MD and VA rosters. I think they do see the high school format that some of the other larger clubs do. With a large roster that is fluid with who is on the team. This way they can see who will be able to attend a tournament then make a top team then the rest play for a second team that week. I think with the increase of high school summer tournaments, prospect days and showcases that the kids want to/need to attend. A fluid roster with a large number is the best way to not get caught with your pants down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious who will evaluate the DC Express teams. Bethesda teams in the past were based on politics... not the best players. Would be good to see the new guys make teams based on best players - not who's friends with Johnny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny hearing the BLC homer try to bash Next Level. No one would ever go there? Really? Almost 1/2 the NL2020 team is from BLC who's 8th grade team collapsed due to bad coaching and limited training opportunities. NL2020 may not be "great" but can for sure hang with the top teams in the HOCO league and nation. Whats the alternative? The new DC Express will have a rough start of it next year. The BLC 2021 team is good so if they stick together it could be a good start in another year when they're freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised no one has mentioned another melt down by Cabell and his Madlax National 2020 team at the 3D tournament in the semifinals. Madlax invited a handful of the top Cannons players and out of towners to stack the MadLax National 2020 team. They still lost in dramatic fashion only Cabell is capable of. Total embarrassment to the Madlax team and program giving anyone playing and watching further evidence that Madlax is a total disaster led by a class A jerk. Throw in a few crazy Madlax parents arguing with the refs after the game was a new low for the Madlax program and bad for youth lacrosse in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny hearing the BLC homer try to bash Next Level. No one would ever go there? Really? Almost 1/2 the NL2020 team is from BLC who's 8th grade team collapsed due to bad coaching and limited training opportunities. NL2020 may not be "great" but can for sure hang with the top teams in the HOCO league and nation. Whats the alternative? The new DC Express will have a rough start of it next year. The BLC 2021 team is good so if they stick together it could be a good start in another year when they're freshman.

Seriously, lets not facts in the the way of feelings!
The BLC 2020 is a 'C' level team at best while the NL 2020 competed well in the top recruiting tournaments over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised no one has mentioned another melt down by Cabell and his Madlax National 2020 team at the 3D tournament in the semifinals. Madlax invited a handful of the top Cannons players and out of towners to stack the MadLax National 2020 team. They still lost in dramatic fashion only Cabell is capable of. Total embarrassment to the Madlax team and program giving anyone playing and watching further evidence that Madlax is a total disaster led by a class A jerk. Throw in a few crazy Madlax parents arguing with the refs after the game was a new low for the Madlax program and bad for youth lacrosse in general.

So a team lost a game. This equals a club melt down. Ok got it. Madlax knows the 2020 team is weak. You can see by the number of none Capital players on this National team. Its hard to win big games when a team is made up of kids from 5 programs. As for parents yelling at Refs this is a youth sport common theme. This is not a one team problem. I saw a dad yelling at the ref at a soccer game on the way to the 3D tournament was that Madlaxs fault?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes its a meltdown when Maddux acts like a complete idiot during the entire game yelling at the ref asking for a delay of game shot clock call. He then refuses to leave the field when OT is to start challenging the ref or more like begging him to call a foul/penalty. Guess you had to be there to witness Maddux destroy any chances his team had to win in OT. As for hard to win big games with kids from 5 different programs? Guess you didn't watch teams like FCA win Naptown last week on CSN with players from many different programs. All the top programs (91, FCA, Crabs) bring in top players from other teams just for summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a team lost a game. This equals a club melt down. Ok got it. Madlax knows the 2020 team is weak. You can see by the number of none Capital players on this National team. Its hard to win big games when a team is made up of kids from 5 programs. As for parents yelling at Refs this is a youth sport common theme. This is not a one team problem. I saw a dad yelling at the ref at a soccer game on the way to the 3D tournament was that Madlaxs fault?
I saw this while waiting to take the field for the next game. Madlax scored two quick goals to tie the game for OT. The ref tried to hustle the teams to face off while players were trying to get water and get organized. The ref whistled Madlax for delay of game and the other team (forget team) scored in about 20 seconds or so. Very questionable call for OT in a semifinal game. I didn't hear any yelling from the parents but it looked like some went to ask the ref what had happened. Madlax coach was ticked but gathered his team and exited the field as we came on. Would have liked to see a braveheart!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a tournament, you have to go to OT right away because things are getting backed up. If you let kids get water, that is asking for a 5 minute delay because those kids are going to get instruction from the coach as well.

If the refs told them to take the field and he didn't see them making a concerted attempt to do so while the other team did, that is a legitimate flag to throw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IT was a 100 degree heat index on Sunday - games were being stopped by refs to let kids get water

Sounds like a weak reason to throw a flag unless something else was going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only reason Madlax is doing this is because kids won't stick around if they are not on the Capital team. This way, Madlax collects $$$ for those that would have otherwise gone to another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids do not stick around when they're not on capital because their parents are weak minded babies. They leave Madlax second-team to go play for a inferior clubs first team so they can feel good about themselves. Madlax second team plays in way better tournaments then 80% of these B and low-level A teams out there. Please compare Madlax second-team's tournament schedules to clubs like Zingo's Cavaliers or anything in this range . You can whine about the cost of Madlax all day but their second team product is still better then most clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids do not stick around when they're not on capital because their parents are weak minded babies. They leave Madlax second-team to go play for a inferior clubs first team so they can feel good about themselves. Madlax second team plays in way better tournaments then 80% of these B and low-level A teams out there. Please compare Madlax second-team's tournament schedules to clubs like Zingo's Cavaliers or anything in this range . You can whine about the cost of Madlax all day but their second team product is still better then most clubs.

Why in the world would any player not on Capital stay in the program? Zero commits from a "second team" to date. I think Cavalier and Zingo's have D1 commits, answers your question.

As a matter of fact, the commits really come from the National team so isn't Capital the new "second team"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why in the world would any player not on Capital stay in the program? Zero commits from a "second team" to date. I think Cavalier and Zingo's have D1 commits, answers your question.

As a matter of fact, the commits really come from the National team so isn't Capital the new "second team"?

National Teams have always been 90+% Capital players with a small handful of others from regional clubs/partner programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Blackwolf folding? There are reports on 2020 page that it is...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it, he's definitely looking to fill out a 2020 roster. Quality players from Madlax VLC, and Crabs were all at the camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Website is down. Cancelled camp and teams barely played this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said those two teams did not have a couple good players. But I know most of those kids parents from those two clubs. And they paid for tons of showcases and prospect days to be seen. And it was these that got them on a D 1 radar. Not one look from the crap tournaments these two clubs play in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it, he's definitely looking to fill out a 2020 roster. Quality players from Madlax VLC, and Crabs were all at the camp.

That's what people said last year, and he was only able to poach a few of the good 2019s in the area. He has struggled the past few years to poach kids. Look at that 2019 team.

Might have more success because of how weak 2020 is overall in this area, but don't get too excited. His base are kids who aren't interested in the Madlax BS. But he has gotten fewer of the VA kids especially now that everything is done at STJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 wins Young Guns with National team. Say what you want the Madlax 2019 is the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at the Madlax v Crush 2020 game? 11-7 wth? No other team seems to score that much on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids on the A teams started out on the b team. That is why you stick it out on the b team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 scored against Orange Crush? Who cares. Madlax went 1-4 in the Terps young guns tourny and lost to 3D tristate and Sweetlax florida. These are teams that I would expect Madlax to beat. The only team they could beat was Dukes who lost to everyone. You've got to admit it that the Madlax 2020 team is a trainwreck. Gonna be hard to attract top players when you lay a egg like they did this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Next Level and Bethesda do at that tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes hahahahahahahhaah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 scored against Orange Crush? Who cares. Madlax went 1-4 in the Terps young guns tourny and lost to 3D tristate and Sweetlax florida. These are teams that I would expect Madlax to beat. The only team they could beat was Dukes who lost to everyone. You've got to admit it that the Madlax 2020 team is a trainwreck. Gonna be hard to attract top players when you lay a egg like they did this weekend.

I have to point it out again for the 1000 time what VA/DC team is better at the 2020 age? Madlax 2020 has not preformed at a elite level on the USA scale but they are still the best 2020 option for any 2020 in VA hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at the Madlax v Crush 2020 game? 11-7 wth? No other team seems to score that much on them.
I watched most of that game - I believe it was 5-2 at half Crush. Madlax made a pretty good comeback during second half largely attributable to a non-releasable penalty against Crush for really high cross check. Notwithstanding Madlax look to hold their own, got the ball inside top crease a few times for easy dunks and had a few from about 10 yards out. Crush is an excellent team, great passing, stick skills and size in some key positions... Based on what i saw in this game I wouldn't consider Madlax 2020 a "trainwreck" - they appeared to raise their game against the best 2020 team in the country...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on madlax 2020.....they are a vastly improved team and probably the best among the DMV options from a competitive stand point....for now anyways. I'm not sure they are worth the extra $ but that is another discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched most of that game - I believe it was 5-2 at half Crush. Madlax made a pretty good comeback during second half largely attributable to a non-releasable penalty against Crush for really high cross check. Notwithstanding Madlax look to hold their own, got the ball inside top crease a few times for easy dunks and had a few from about 10 yards out. Crush is an excellent team, great passing, stick skills and size in some key positions... Based on what i saw in this game I wouldn't consider Madlax 2020 a "trainwreck" - they appeared to raise their game against the best 2020 team in the country...

I heard Maddux was there coaching and that would make a huge difference on effort and strategy. He's a really good coach but can only do so much for each team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on madlax 2020.....they are a vastly improved team and probably the best among the DMV options from a competitive stand point....for now anyways. I'm not sure they are worth the extra $ but that is another discussion.

Well lets discuss the extra money. These kids getting looks from these lesser DMV clubs are spending $600 extra dollars on showcases and Prospect days. If not more. Madlax is more money but they are playing in top tournaments and 4 or 5 of them. So the clubs that only do 3 or less those players still go out and pay and play in 3 or 4 other things on top of the 3 tournaments. The money adds up fast and close to the same. And I have said this a 100 times the same parents talking about Madlax being 300 or 600 more are the same parents getting $200 dollar sticks 2 or 3 times a year and driving away in a 80k car. I never understand why they do not get the "you get what you pay for" quote.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 86 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard