BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that the summer season is winding down does someone want to do a top 10 or 20?

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

3. 18 way tie - laxachusetts, express, crabs, Hawks, FCA, sons, leading edge, WCS, edge, 27*3+10 MD, Looneys (without FLOGO), Next Level, Tomahawks (favored to win), plus any 5 you care to add.
21. Mad lax

Done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer season is winding down does someone want to do a top 10 or 20?

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

3. 18 way tie - laxachusetts, express, crabs, Hawks, FCA, sons, leading edge, WCS, edge, 27*3+10 MD, Looneys (without FLOGO), Next Level, Tomahawks (favored to win), plus any 5 you care to add.
21. Mad lax

Done.

Is this when every team says "but we beat them 3 weeks ago" and somebody else says "but we beat you" . How about....aren't we lucky there is so much great competition at 2020 that our kids can get better and be challenged?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

Is this when every team says "but we beat them 3 weeks ago" and somebody else says "but we beat you" . How about....aren't we lucky there is so much great competition at 2020 that our kids can get better and be challenged?

Given that there are probably 100+ 2020 teams in the US and no quantitative ranking system that works for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

Given that there are probably 100+ 2020 teams in the US and no quantitative ranking system that works for me.

There are over 50 2020 teams right in the MD region! Hundreds nationwide. Just take a look at how many were across the divisions in hoco league alone- more than 40 and not every 2020 team in the area participated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

There are over 50 2020 teams right in the MD region! Hundreds nationwide. Just take a look at how many were across the divisions in hoco league alone- more than 40 and not every 2020 team in the area participated.

Great point, all the chest pumping over who is #8 just silly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

I love how you put Madlax at 21. The under lying hate for this team is so funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

I love how you put Madlax at 21. The under lying hate for this team is so funny.

No hate, nothing actually, just like winding them up. After all the talk in the spring they sure have been quiet after not doing anything, anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

No hate, nothing actually, just like winding them up. After all the talk in the spring they sure have been quiet after not doing anything, anywhere.

The talk was never that they would win any tournament. They held there own and won more games then they lost. 2019 and 2018 and 2024 and 2022 all kicked but over all with there teams. So your death of Madlax dream is far from coming true. Go back to sleep and dream some more they will always be good as a whole. good night LOVE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

Start with the HoCo standings and fit in the LI and other teams.

1. Looney's - Orange
2. Crabs
3. Hawks Green
4. FCA - Blue
5. Next Level Black
6. Rising Sons
7. Team 91 Force

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

1. Looney's - Orange
2. Crabs
3. Hawks Green
4. FCA - Blue
5. Next Level Black
6. Rising Sons
7. Team 91 Force

Why? Some of those games were almost three months ago - teams have practiced and worked hard since then. Looneys just lost to legacy, a team most of these teams can/have beat. FCA just beat Hawks. 91 force beat rising sons and the list goes on and on. HoCo is warm up for real club play and has no bearing on where the teams are now. any given day the teams above could flip flop - no real sense in trying to rank them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

1. Looney's - Orange
2. Crabs
3. Hawks Green
4. FCA - Blue
5. Next Level Black
6. Rising Sons
7. Team 91 Force

Why? Some of those games were almost three months ago - teams have practiced and worked hard since then. Looneys just lost to legacy, a team most of these teams can/have beat. FCA just beat Hawks. 91 force beat rising sons and the list goes on and on. HoCo is warm up for real club play and has no bearing on where the teams are now. any given day the teams above could flip flop - no real sense in trying to rank them.

Hoco is a real league where the local kids practice a couple time a week and the line-ups don't change every week. These are the real teams and real performance on real fields with real refs and real clocks. Everyone knows how teams will pull in kids for a weekend to win a tournament, but it is much harder to do it for a full season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney so 2020 defenseman just committed to UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA are full of holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD getting handled out here at the NLF championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD getting handled out here at the NLF championship

They ended the day 0-3, being outscored 27/14. Only had one close game, lost 7/6. BOOM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's FLOGO not playing with the team this weekend, they will without question lose without him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 2-0 so far with a 28 goal differential.

Step off George.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's FLOGO not playing with the team this weekend, they will without question lose without him.

He was sick at the IL Invite earlier this week and also had a bruised elbow, that is the reason he is not playing this weekend. But Looney's is 2 and 0 so far today.

So Mr. expert, go find something else to do, you are way off base.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 3 and 0....playing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush
2. Looneys (with FLOGO)

21. Mad lax

Done.

1. Looney's - Orange
2. Crabs
3. Hawks Green
4. FCA - Blue
5. Next Level Black
6. Rising Sons
7. Team 91 Force

Hoco is a real league where the local kids practice a couple time a week and the line-ups don't change every week. These are the real teams and real performance on real fields with real refs and real clocks. Everyone knows how teams will pull in kids for a weekend to win a tournament, but it is much harder to do it for a full season.

Hoco is like preseason. The teams are competing with the spring middle school season and all MIAA have kids on both. It is a good well organized warm up but the teams have come a long way since then as evidenced by game results each week. Some teams brought in guest players for hoco just like some do for summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is like preseason? Sure. The four best teams after Crush are Loonies, FCA, Hawks and Crabs. Don't say Laxacusetts and Tomahawks because they both have lost to one or more of those four teams. It will be interesting to see who is playing in MD young guns next week. It should be the best of the best and I would bet that Crush will be playing one of those four for the title.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree completely - Crush handily shut down everyone yesterday, including Laxachussets 9-2, without much contest. Sitting there watching them, no one could keep up - it's unbelievable. Every college you can think of watching that game too, and Crush took them to the woodshed relentlessly...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is like preseason? Sure. The four best teams after Crush are Loonies, FCA, Hawks and Crabs. Don't say Laxacusetts and Tomahawks because they both have lost to one or more of those four teams. It will be interesting to see who is playing in MD young guns next week. It should be the best of the best and I would bet that Crush will be playing one of those four for the title.

Hoco championship is more impressive than any weekend tourney. Lacrosse is a spring sport and the Hoco season is a real season. Especially this year with all the npyll teams on board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to go off topic from typical holdback, team bashing discussions, etc., but does anyone have a recommendation for 1:1 middie coach in the Balto County area? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to go off topic from typical holdback, team bashing discussions, etc., but does anyone have a recommendation for 1:1 middie coach in the Balto County area? Thanks.

Well it depends on if you have a club bias or not first?
Then it goes to how much you want to pay/can pay?

Overall I think any one on one is better then 99% of the clinics any where out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Overall I think any one on one is better then 99% of the clinics any where out there.

Definitely agree about 1:1 is better than a clinic. I don't understand your question about club bias. He's currently on a competitive team, but I haven't been thrilled with the coaching. I'm just looking for setting up some 1:1 before try-outs. I'm not worried about the cost as long as I'm getting good value for the money. He's very coachable and knows he has things to work on. Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations you might have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely agree about 1:1 is better than a clinic. I don't understand your question about club bias. He's currently on a competitive team, but I haven't been thrilled with the coaching. I'm just looking for setting up some 1:1 before try-outs. I'm not worried about the cost as long as I'm getting good value for the money. He's very coachable and knows he has things to work on. Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations you might have.

The club bias would be if I where to say the Crabs coaches do one one sometimes. People would trash the idea because of the club not the coach you pick. I know Blackwolf and Madlax have links to hook up with a coach for one on ones. I am guessing most team sites have this option. I would just go with a one one trainer from one of the clubs I plan on trying out for. This would give your son a big advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The club bias would be if I where to say the Crabs coaches do one one sometimes. People would trash the idea because of the club not the coach you pick. I know Blackwolf and Madlax have links to hook up with a coach for one on ones. I am guessing most team sites have this option. I would just go with a one one trainer from one of the clubs I plan on trying out for. This would give your son a big advantage.

Ah, gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Have a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs clinic? Why would anyone chose that organization for skills training? Fat Crab never played the game. Reclassifying is their MO. Don't waste your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Have a good one.

You may wish to try out for a different team if you are unhappy with the coaching. Going into high school is a critical time for the boys. Have you discussed the coaching issue with your club so they can consider changes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tory Kassmeyer - Calvert HAll assistant, FCA coach, Got Skilz Lacrosse...his top student is Ryan Brown...Tory's teaching did well there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure - the refs fault. You must be the kid's parent. FCA dominated the face offs. Truth hurts

FCA 2020 FOGO has a Spring '01 birthday. He's just good. FCA 2020 has ONE holdback and 3 on age 2020's who have spent the last three years PLAYING UP, not down. Yes, that's correct.....they played up, not down. They didn't reclass to play 2020 this year.....they played with both 2020 and 2019 because they are rising 9th graders.
Please stop hating just because someone else is good at lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring 2001 is a holdback for 2020. You made the case for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure - the refs fault. You must be the kid's parent. FCA dominated the face offs. Truth hurts

FCA 2020 FOGO has a Spring '01 birthday. He's just good. FCA 2020 has ONE holdback and 3 on age 2020's who have spent the last three years PLAYING UP, not down. Yes, that's correct.....they played up, not down. They didn't reclass to play 2020 this year.....they played with both 2020 and 2019 because they are rising 9th graders.

Spring 01 Birthday is 5 months to 17 months older than the children using USL Sept 1 guidelines or Maryland Age guidelines for starting school. So He is prefirst/holdback/whatever. So he is good against kids younger than him! LOL ... This child should be playing against 2019 the whole year..not playing down against 2020?

How Maryland lacrosse has put itself in this position is beyond me. Justifying some children playing down?? When did that become the norm? You can justify it all you want..recruiting, playing with classmates, etc.. But the majority of people in Maryland along with anyone with any common sense think it is wrong and a dishonor to the sport of Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring 2001 is a holdback for 2020. You made the case for him.

Poster wrong about Fca fogo. He's April 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse's cut-off for 2020 is 9/1/01. So anyone that is born after 9/1/01 is age appropriate according to US lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are full of it! FOGO is a 02 birth not 01. Also there are many kids with spring/summer 01 birthday on the 2020 blue team. They all should be 2019! I know there are at least 3 kids who were held back at one point or another (1 middie, 1 attack and 1 def) plus the goalie from 2019 that moved down is a spring 01 birthdate.

FCA is truly just a bunch of praying sad crabs,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are full of it! FOGO is a 02 birth not 01. Also there are many kids with spring/summer 01 birthday on the 2020 blue team. They all should be 2019! I know there are at least 3 kids who were held back at one point or another (1 middie, 1 attack and 1 def) plus the goalie from 2019 that moved down is a spring 01 birthdate.

FCA is truly just a bunch of praying sad crabs,

This is why the whole holdback BS and playing down is bad for Lacrosse. Youth Athletics was to be played according to your age.. If age based ..like soccer with cards..All everyone would be moaning about is coaches, refs, teams, etc..but not the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If FOGO birthdate is 2002 doesn't that mean is even younger than most of the kids? Which would be the opposite of a holdback? Therefore playing up. FCA's 2020 goalie was playing UP on 2019 is not a spring birthdate. Actually there are only 2 kids on FCA with spring (feb-june) 2001 birthdates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early 01 is super old for a 2020

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard