BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 251 of 327 1 2 249 250 251 252 253 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed, certainly not true. Igloo is a strong club, but there is no need to pull in hired guns for that game, or any game. That's not how YJ plays. That YJ team was the regular roster team. Case closed.
This is mot a true statement

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON was represented on the 2018 and the 2017 Nassau team as well.

I thought I saw Icon play at Capital Cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON was represented on the 2018 and the 2017 Nassau team as well.

I thought I saw Icon play at Capital Cup?

TG played at Capital Cup too but had to combine '17 teams due to girls that are finished with travel. Icon may have had a player at LIAA but looked like their full team was in Virginia. Less than a dozen recruiters looking at '17 for any LI team, which surprised me but I'm new at this and didn't know D1 & 2 are not looking at them anymore. Sooooo hot!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON did not have any teams at Capital Cup. Maybe there were ICON girls playing for another team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON did not have any teams at Capital Cup. Maybe there were ICON girls playing for another team?

Icon played at Capitol Cup in the Open division not the regular 2017 division. Is "open" for teams with different age players?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a daughter 2025 how was your summer??
Thinking about your program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes when are the tryouts for the 2025 YJ? How many teams does this age group have already? Will my daughter be trying out for the 3rd/4th team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age ?

Try again with the "Quote" button so people know what you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did a TG just get the mvp for the Nassau team at CR tournament tonight!?

If that's the case she will be a yj next year!

She looked good out there but not everyone aspires to be on the top YJ team. Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond.

What age group ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 of the 17 teams playing in the U15 Tournament are from LI (1 from Md.) a long and expensive way to go to play your neighbor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes when are the tryouts for the 2025 YJ? How many teams does this age group have already? Will my daughter be trying out for the 3rd/4th team?

Parents on the team are unhappy because the coach doesn't come to tournaments and the dad of one of the players coaches the team, so there may be many open spots for next year unless something major changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents on the team are unhappy because the coach doesn't come to tournaments and the dad of one of the players coaches the team, so there may be many open spots for next year unless something major changes.

What did they expect from the coach when this is at least his 5th priority after SB, Lizards, Crush and his younger boys' team? Have to be a little realistic going into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 2025 "A" team has been unmitigated disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really? I thought it was pretty mitigated , we think he's the bomb of coaching and the coolest person ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina - while being one of THE BEST lax coaches in the country - has spent all of about 30 minutes with the 2025 team over the course of season. girls have been coached by a parent or college player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an embarrassment. LI Elite 2016 Tourney Mitchell Field /2025's playing 2023s and 2024's. C'mon. Who the [lacrosse] benefits from playing these games. $$$$$ Grab. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an embarrassment. LI Elite 2016 Tourney Mitchell Field /2025's playing 2023s and 2024's. C'mon. Who the [lacrosse] benefits from playing these games. $$$$$ Grab. Just my opinion.

Isn't club lacrosse in 3rd grade a money grab in general? Are you hoping for a national championship for 2025's? Most clubs don't have teams that young.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't club lacrosse in 3rd grade a money grab in general? Are you hoping for a national championship for 2025's? Most clubs don't have teams that young.

And all they will play is other yj teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's not going to care. In fact, I bet he's counting on more than a few leaving. Less people to cut. If you look at his other youth teams they are much smaller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to know the benefit of playing a team 2 years older who probably wont drop a pass. Please name a few and list them because I must be ignorant. A 2025 team is not a money grab if they are practicing and becoming better every week. Thats what I pay for. The fundamentals. No need to pay a fee for a tourney unless the players can benefit .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets usually has tryouts for the younger kids in December. Since the 2025s will be 4th grade this year, there will likely be two teams of 4th graders. There are already around 30 rising 4th graders in the program. Of those 30, some will leave but there will more than enough coming in to compensate and get to 2 teams easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played last weekend with a mixed team.
VERY happy good coaching and good fun!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to know the benefit of playing a team 2 years older who probably wont drop a pass. Please name a few and list them because I must be ignorant. A 2025 team is not a money grab if they are practicing and becoming better every week. Thats what I pay for. The fundamentals. No need to pay a fee for a tourney unless the players can benefit .

A 2025 team should not be playing in any "away" travel tournaments, period. The most they should do at that age is a couple of local play days. These girls are just getting ready to go into 4th grade? Jeez...the stick is taller than some of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a benefit to playing older teams - and it isn't to win. If all you want is a win, you're going to be disappointed.

The thing I like most about playing older teams is the only way the team can survive is with good stick skills and ball movement. Physically they are stronger and faster. You can't out run them. You can't bully your way to the cage. So you must play good lacrosse. Learning to do that will put you way ahead when you play on grade level or when you go out of state and the girls are much older in your bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Im confused? Where in my statement did I say we should be traveling to tournaments? I am just looking for the answer to the question I posted. Maybe I was not clear when I said "what is the benefit". I also said "its not a $$$grab if they are practicing becoming better every week. Nothing about traveling tournaments was stated. Lets try again.....Can you give me a benefit or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would normally agree but not in third gradeD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A 2025 team should not be playing in any "away" travel tournaments, period. The most they should do at that age is a couple of local play days. These girls are just getting ready to go into 4th grade? Jeez...the stick is taller than some of them.

Well, I must disagree. Girls are second class citizens when it comes to lacrosse. Girls develop faster than boys and should be more skilled at an earlier age. Heck, my D1 commited son could barely catch the ball in 3rd grade. These 3rd grade girls should be competitive and have opportunities just like the boys side does. Unfortunately girls lax is a step behind. Not enough teams at this age, where there are a plethora on the boys side. At any rate these 3rd grade girls will not learn playing up, they will be beat down this weekend at the YJ tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said sir!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I must disagree. Girls are second class citizens when it comes to lacrosse. Girls develop faster than boys and should be more skilled at an earlier age. Heck, my D1 commited son could barely catch the ball in 3rd grade. These 3rd grade girls should be competitive and have opportunities just like the boys side does. Unfortunately girls lax is a step behind. Not enough teams at this age, where there are a plethora on the boys side. At any rate these 3rd grade girls will not learn playing up, they will be beat down this weekend at the YJ tourney

You sir are spot on. Boys start playing PAL in 1st and travel in 2nd. Girls, which are far and away easier to coach and much more attentive learners start PAL in 2nd and up until this year - travel in 4th. Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should suck it up and combine the two tourneys this weekend. Every other LI travel team, Elevate, TG, Liberty, [****], Express, Team [**], Igloo are finally playing around the block this weekend at Hofstra. Would be nice to have a LI Championship Tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should suck it up and combine the two tourneys this weekend. Every other LI travel team, Elevate, TG, Liberty, [****], Express, Team [**], Igloo are finally playing around the block this weekend at Hofstra. Would be nice to have a LI Championship Tourney.
Carol will never allow that, she will never play nice and split the profits with anyone. She thinks that since she had the first travel club on L.I. that she should have the only club on L.I and will never co-exist with the other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol will never allow that, she will never play nice and split the profits with anyone. She thinks that since she had the first travel club on L.I. that she should have the only club on L.I and will never co-exist with the other clubs.

There are only 3 other clubs there. She must be taking a bath. Time to combine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss to a team from Colorado - 2021 Gold (#1 seed from pool play) lost 8-7 in the semis. This one's age based so they'll have to come up with another excuse besides holdbacks.

Don't worry though, the bracket already shows the Blue team winning the championship tomorrow. (Thought the talk about CR's influence was exaggerated - I guess not!)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss to a team from Colorado - 2021 Gold (#1 seed from pool play) lost 8-7 in the semis. This one's age based so they'll have to come up with another excuse besides holdbacks.

Don't worry though, the bracket already shows the Blue team winning the championship tomorrow. (Thought the talk about CR's influence was exaggerated - I guess not!)

Actually, this one is no surprise. CR decided to use some 2022 players on this 2021 B team rather than using her real B team and some bigger, better C players of 2021. Bad choice. Stick with your age groups CR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure this Colorodo team is very satisfied with their trip. Assuming the team went there to compete with the best. And they did, they beat the YJ Gold team, made up of 1/2 2021s and 1/2 2022s 8-7 in the 4th overtime. Now they get to play the yjA team in the final. 3 very good teams. No other competition there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure this Colorodo team is very satisfied with their trip. Assuming the team went there to compete with the best. And they did, they beat the YJ Gold team, made up of 1/2 2021s and 1/2 2022s 8-7 in the 4th overtime. Now they get to play the yjA team in the final. 3 very good teams. No other competition there.

Very glad they won. Worst group of parents I have ever heard and a sporting event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, this one is no surprise. CR decided to use some 2022 players on this 2021 B team rather than using her real B team and some bigger, better C players of 2021. Bad choice. Stick with your age groups CR.

2022 kids are the reason they got this far and the 2021 cost them the the game with selfish play. Nothing wrong with having younger better girls playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 kids are the reason they got this far and the 2021 cost them the the game with selfish play. Nothing wrong with having younger better girls playing up.

There is not a single 2021 C player that should have been there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were there tryouts for this team or girls just picked? Thought this team played a nice game with a lot of hustle and some big stops by the goalie

Like Reply Quote
Page 251 of 327 1 2 249 250 251 252 253 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard