BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express brought up a couple of kids so they could win

Is OReally getting desperate because Channy is taking away his team? He isn't the type to cheat, is he? But it is more fun to win. But going from a 6-2 loss to a 10-2 win in one day sounds funny. Maybe the pressure is getting to him. That is too bad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a shame that he will be losing his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the furthest thing from the truth.
Not 1 boy played down. The whole team was the same team all season.

Ever think that maybe a TB coach or parent said that without justification or proof for the same exact reason you are trashing O'reilly?!!!! (Meaning you were desperate for the hat).Not being able to handle the outcome is the sad part .
I find it funny that TB parents can't understand that 2 games can have 2 totally different outcomes. Especially for ANY 2025 teams.

(I have 2 sons, one plays for Express, one plays for TB. )

If your a big enough lunatic that I think you might be, just compare the team pictures on Express website when they put them up and see if there are the same boys in both pictures.

I only say this because I know I will be right.

Sleep well you pequa nut job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is OReally getting desperate because Channy is taking away his team? He isn't the type to cheat, is he? But it is more fun to win. But going from a 6-2 loss to a 10-2 win in one day sounds funny. Maybe the pressure is getting to him. That is too bad.

100% false!!! If winning was the priority he wouldn't sub. The top 10 or 12 kids on the team are as good as any. He could win every faceoff if he wanted, but he wants the kids have fun first. But say what you want, just try to be accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The first game was 3-2. It's easy to check but easier to make stuff up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% false!!! If winning was the priority he wouldn't sub. The top 10 or 12 kids on the team are as good as any. He could win every faceoff if he wanted, but he wants the kids have fun first. But say what you want, just try to be accurate.

He takes the face offs? He can win but doesn't want to? Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the furthest thing from the truth.
Not 1 boy played down. The whole team was the same team all season.

Ever think that maybe a TB coach or parent said that without justification or proof for the same exact reason you are trashing O'reilly?!!!! (Meaning you were desperate for the hat).Not being able to handle the outcome is the sad part .
I find it funny that TB parents can't understand that 2 games can have 2 totally different outcomes. Especially for ANY 2025 teams.

(I have 2 sons, one plays for Express, one plays for TB. )

If your a big enough lunatic that I think you might be, just compare the team pictures on Express website when they put them up and see if there are the same boys in both pictures.

I only say this because I know I will be right.

Sleep well you pequa nut job.

I also have kids in both programs and have met great people (kids and parents) at both programs. No need to disparage someone or some town like that. Most of the negative comments on this site come from people without kids on the particular teams being written about or from one person and not the whole program/team. People just want to stir the pot. Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid was getting smoked and had to be replaced, to lessen the embarrassment! Back to $$$ lessons!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 4-3 lose and no kids were added...the 2024 kids, every one of them were all at the Maverick truck getting their own championship hats during the 2025 champ game. Hate all you want but the 2025 team won fair and square.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete BS. OReilly did not bring up any kids. Same team all year. Everyone plays. Fact is Oreilly team gets better as the day goes on. The boys have improved so much and now play really well with each other. Wish Channy would leave things alone. This 2025 team is a force to be reckoned with and it all started with a week long clinic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete BS. OReilly did not bring up any kids. Same team all year. Everyone plays. Fact is Oreilly team gets better as the day goes on. The boys have improved so much and now play really well with each other. Wish Channy would leave things alone. This 2025 team is a force to be reckoned with and it all started with a week long clinic.

It's a bunch of hype and hyperbole. O'Reilly is not only a solid coach, he's a true gentleman. He's done a tremendous job coaching a talented group of young boys. He coaches to give kids confidence, and discipline. Imagine that?!
And the result is a winning team at the end of the season. I'd say the man deserves some measure of applause. To his assistant coaches as well.
They got rolled as a team in the fall and early spring, but never let go of the team first attitude.
As far as Channy taking over this team, I'll believe it when I see it. He's got his hands full with the upper grades.
But even if that did happen, O'Reilly and his staff can stand tall. They have done a tremendous job. Ufsc9x

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Force to be reckoned with? Really? You aren't joking? Please stay out of the sun,
You must be delirious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Force to be reckoned with? Really? You aren't joking? Please stay out of the sun,
You must be delirious.

I think it was meant as light hearted, but this age group will be very strong for the Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never heard "Oreilly" & "true gentleman" used in the same sentence before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid was getting smoked and had to be replaced, to lessen the embarrassment! Back to $$$ lessons!

I think the point is that O'Reilly rotates his lines fair and square including at the X even though he has a middie that consistently dominates at face-off. Don't intentionally make more of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Legacy is putting out a Legacy West Program at the 2027 age group up to 2022... Any truth to this?? They have some good teams at younger levels..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking for advice on tryouts for next summer. My 2025 has been playing since K and I would classify him as an average player (not a superstar, but knows all the fundamentals and where to be....Good stick skills righty, needs improvement lefty). Got a taste of competition with town tourneys this year but for next season, he wants to play travel ball also.

He is not good enough right now to make a top club - I'm looking for an option that would give him some better coaching, let him continue play and improve.

Selfishly, I'm not looking to trek halfway across LI for practice. We are in southeast nassau

Starting to see tryout info for 24, bluefish, true blue that would be good options from a location standpoint. Any opinions on these or other clubs to consider? I also don't want to pay tryout fees if there is no realistic shot a club will have a team at this age group

Thanks

Try to ask what coaches they have for your son's particular age group for that club (although that is rarely determined at tryouts) and then ask around about those guys and compare what you are hearing from reliable resources that know the game (not necessarily parents because most don't know much about lacrosse).

Then compare the best of what you hear to what your current town is offering in terms of coaches and arrive at a decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop Mrs. O'Reilly, please, we are begging you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never heard "Oreilly" & "true gentleman" used in the same sentence before.

Great guy/coach. If your kid can handle tough love try another sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just spoke to 2 parents who are leaving the geese to go to orange. Really good middies. Let the floodgates open!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just spoke to 2 parents who are leaving the geese to go to orange. Really good middies. Let the floodgates open!

Interesting. I guess that's how it goes. Probably see about 6 new kids on blast next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 Middies your talking about never made blast this year. They were told they could play on ICE and they refused. What makes you think JS will want them back this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 Middies your talking about never made blast this year. They were told they could play on ICE and they refused. What makes you think JS will want them back this year?

Neither have ever even tried out for anyone but legacy. Nice try though. I'm guessing your kid is the one losing his spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither have ever even tried out for anyone but legacy. Nice try though. I'm guessing your kid is the one losing his spot?

Not quite, would just hate to see kids go some where they may not play. All kids just want to play, they could care less about the drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes no sense. Geese lost 3 games all year. Thats a good year. Blast lost to Manhasset 32 twice. Should Blast players be looking to switch to Manhasset 32? If I was the Geese coach I'd be looking to see who tried out for Blast so I'd know who to get rid of. No sense putting time into a kid who's going to leave you. Best middies? Who cares, they're 8 and 9 years old. I'd be more impressed if they can put on their cleats without help.

Plus, if you look at the number of players on Crush or Bandits, you'll see that there will be fat trimmed from Blast. Probably a lot of trimming. That's not going to leave a whole lot of room for turnover. Good news - the practice pinnie and shorts from tryouts are yours to keep regardless. Best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes no sense. Geese lost 3 games all year. Thats a good year. Blast lost to Manhasset 32 twice. Should Blast players be looking to switch to Manhasset 32? If I was the Geese coach I'd be looking to see who tried out for Blast so I'd know who to get rid of. No sense putting time into a kid who's going to leave you. Best middies? Who cares, they're 8 and 9 years old. I'd be more impressed if they can put on their cleats without help.

Plus, if you look at the number of players on Crush or Bandits, you'll see that there will be fat trimmed from Blast. Probably a lot of trimming. That's not going to leave a whole lot of room for turnover. Good news - the practice pinnie and shorts from tryouts are yours to keep regardless. Best of luck.

Don't forget, they get to meet the NY LIARDS COACH laugh laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been great, I'll see you all watching the kids at lax clash and then tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There two ways to look at it. Every team wants to win and some do it with the full team and shorten the bench at crunch, which I think is fine. And some approach it to win at all cost and kids don't play. That bothers me, but the coaches are transparent about it, so you can't knock them. Point is, learn what you can before you choose a team and find the best situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 32 coach is leaving and those kids are trying out for Express. Guessing that is how Express would get the numbers for an A and B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 32 coach is leaving and those kids are trying out for Express. Guessing that is how Express would get the numbers for an A and B team.

Correct but coach and two best players moving out of state. Rest will be at express. Likely top team next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct but coach and two best players moving out of state. Rest will be at express. Likely top team next year.

That's a fact. Channy will be coaching it as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is physically impossible for mc to coach another team.he is just putting his name there so the Manhasset specials will stay. They need to do something. The two coaches for that team were mediocre at best.they had alot of talent on that team but no guidance. Hope some of those parents are smart enough not to fall into the express pyramid scheme

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is physically impossible for mc to coach another team.he is just putting his name there so the Manhasset specials will stay. They need to do something. The two coaches for that team were mediocre at best.they had alot of talent on that team but no guidance. Hope some of those parents are smart enough not to fall into the express pyramid scheme

Most non Manhasset parents will stay with O'Reilly. The team progressed nicely as the year went on and the boys actually won their last two tourneys. I feel bad for anyone that gets duped into playing for the so called Channy team. Manhasset should just stay 32, express should just just focus on one team and Channy should just go away and focus on the older grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. People will say anything and get overly concerned that an elite team is being formed that could be better than their sons team. Just makes tourneys better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most non Manhasset parents will stay with O'Reilly. The team progressed nicely as the year went on and the boys actually won their last two tourneys. I feel bad for anyone that gets duped into playing for the so called Channy team. Manhasset should just stay 32, express should just just focus on one team and Channy should just go away and focus on the older grades.

They won two tourneys? Who did that team beat? No one to brag about. Not good enough for express to sell and fill two teams. As they say, Cha Ching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won two tourneys? Who did that team beat? No one to brag about. Not good enough for express to sell and fill two teams. As they say, Cha Ching!

Thanks for belittling the accomplishments of 9 year olds. Can we praise them, build them up, and make sure they are having fun. If you are a parent that spends the car ride home focusing on negatives and things your child or the team could have done better... then you should really, really take a step back and view from a kids mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for belittling the accomplishments of 9 year olds. Can we praise them, build them up, and make sure they are having fun. If you are a parent that spends the car ride home focusing on negatives and things your child or the team could have done better... then you should really, really take a step back and view from a kids mind.

What is wrong with you, is stating a fact belittling? They need to be at the top to satisfy Channy. They aren't. They are not getting to the top by losing to igloo and getting beat badly by the geese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you, is stating a fact belittling? They need to be at the top to satisfy Channy. They aren't. They are not getting to the top by losing to igloo and getting beat badly by the geese.

Lost 10-8 to Geese last time they played and tied igloo twice last two times they played. Just a Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a fact.the geese emptied their bench against express . could have been alot worse.thank the geese for not running it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet you believe in unicorns too. Tell little johnny he is the best and keep on misleading him through life

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard