BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 42 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carro would kill both curcio and jones. Whole thing a waste

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good luck to Curcio & Jones teams in Indy next week.

Good luck with what, there's no competition at the tourney. Go look at the website and the schedules, not to mention they're playing in the U14 division which is even weaker competition. They probably could have easily won the U15 division, not sure why the didn't play there instead of U14. It would be surprising if all the games aren't double digit wins

What club does your kid play for , I guarantee I can name another team at the U14 that can beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with what, there's no competition at the tourney. Go look at the website and the schedules, not to mention they're playing in the U14 division which is even weaker competition. They probably could have easily won the U15 division, not sure why the didn't play there instead of U14. It would be surprising if all the games aren't double digit wins

It would make the whole rest of the U.S. of A. extremely happy if yj loses a game in Indy. If you look at most of their pompous statements, they almost always claim that there is never enough competition for them. Yet, the results of this summer have proven that there is more than enough competition for them. But, they usually some ridiculous excuse as to why they lost...always an excuse. You will never hear any of them say that they were just beaten. Its childish, narcissistic behavior, which is one thing they are known for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just another fancy tee shirt to stuff in an overcrowded draw. You can call it Nationals but its one of the weakest fields of the year.

All the clubs websites will be updated with "CHAMPIONS" come next week and used to recruit more players for next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends how many of curcio kids are forced to play U15 due to their age - curcio can easily compete and likely beat carro

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club does your kid play for , I guarantee I can name another team at the U14 that can beat them.

I guess you're referencing integrity (if all their players are U14), is there another team that curcio won't beat by double digits? my daughters team has beaten integrity several times over the past couple of seasons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends how many of curcio kids are forced to play U15 due to their age - curcio can easily compete and likely beat carro

Oh I didn't thnk about that. So the rosters aren't just straight Curcio or straight Jones or straight Carro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the pool play curcio shouldn't let up 3 goals in the 3 pool games combined - 2021 team from Ga. really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would make the whole rest of the U.S. of A. extremely happy if yj loses a game in Indy. If you look at most of their pompous statements, they almost always claim that there is never enough competition for them. Yet, the results of this summer have proven that there is more than enough competition for them. But, they usually some ridiculous excuse as to why they lost...always an excuse. You will never hear any of them say that they were just beaten. Its childish, narcissistic behavior, which is one thing they are known for.

The truly amazing thing about your statement is just how ignorant and pathetic you are .Have not seen any post making any excuses for them losing his year nor have I seen any post crying about non competitive games . You read some post from some moron like yourself and believe it to be true because you are too stupid to realize that there are many trolls on this site like yourself . What you fail to realize is that for the most part the TJ , TG , etc parents are happy where they are or they would leave but a handful of trolls like youhate your lives so you justify your crappy life by assuming everyone else is a misserable loser like yourself .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the pool play curcio shouldn't let up 3 goals in the 3 pool games combined - 2021 team from Ga. really?

Schedule looks weaker than most regular tournaments. How come the better MD team don't participate? At least Curcio will finally get to meet Jones.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why cant a person just wish a team good luck at a tournament without dumping on them?...cmon'...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schedule looks weaker than most regular tournaments. How come the better MD team don't participate? At least Curcio will finally get to meet Jones.

Jones not a shoe in to beat integrity by any stretch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why cant a person just wish a team good luck at a tournament without dumping on them?...cmon'...

For the same reason that every other club on LI is called a B team by YJ parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jones not a shoe in to beat integrity by any stretch

Agreed. Integrity is a very strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true, Jones has played no one this year. Waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your first sentence answers your second. WHy go to Indiana to play YJ? We already play you all summer without the travel. The rest of the games would not be beneficial to either team as I'm sure YJ will handle them all easily.( With the possible exception of Integrity)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the age thing as well for the MD teams , they will never put themselves in an age based tournament .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your first sentence answers your second. WHy go to Indiana to play YJ? We already play you all summer without the travel. The rest of the games would not be beneficial to either team as I'm sure YJ will handle them all easily.( With the possible exception of Integrity)

Ah true, I guess its just another expensive pinny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the age thing as well for the MD teams , they will never put themselves in an age based tournament .

Here we go. For the 1000th time. Girls in MD don't repeat grades like the boys do. The cutoff for the U15 is 9/1 which is the same as MD schools. Most MD teams don't have any girls born before 9/1 on them. It's just an excuse handed to you LI parents by your clubs as to why you lose to MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't answer for other MD clubs, but Integrity plays in the USL Championship tournament almost every year, and they've done very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go. For the 1000th time. Girls in MD don't repeat grades like the boys do. The cutoff for the U15 is 9/1 which is the same as MD schools. Most MD teams don't have any girls born before 9/1 on them. It's just an excuse handed to you LI parents by your clubs as to why you lose to MD teams.

Preach on brother! Since LI lax thinks the whole lax world revolves around them, when they lose (especially to a MD team) they have to come up with some reason other than the truth. Like you said AGAIN, the LI club directors have to tell their customers some reason why they lost, and this seems to be one that they have really dug their misinformed heels into. And, of course, whatever CR says is lax gospel. Lemmings...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preach on brother! Since LI lax thinks the whole lax world revolves around them, when they lose (especially to a MD team) they have to come up with some reason other than the truth. Like you said AGAIN, the LI club directors have to tell their customers some reason why they lost, and this seems to be one that they have really dug their misinformed heels into. And, of course, whatever CR says is lax gospel. Lemmings...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry , just for laughs I took a look at the UA rosters specifically at the ages , the DC team had about 9 kids on it that on LI would be considered hold backs , say what you want but that is significant . Not saying that these kids were held back but the MD teams are on average older and it does make a difference especially at the younger ages .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't have to look at the rosters. All you need is your two eyes to see that some of those MD kids are 4-6 inches taller than the LI girls. I don't care what any MD mom writes on here. Their kids are obviously older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and Natty Boh adds at least 4-6 inches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't have to look at the rosters. All you need is your two eyes to see that some of those MD kids are 4-6 inches taller than the LI girls. I don't care what any MD mom writes on here. Their kids are obviously older.

Being older because the school year cutoff is 9/1 is different then implying that MD doesn't send teams to the U15s because the girls are too old when the age cutoff is 9/1 also. It is very rare for girls to be older than that. If you think that have 4 or 5 girls on a team that are a couple months older hen you keep on clutching to that excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved in MD lax for over 10 years...rec coach, parent, club coach, club liaison, etc. I cannot think of even one girl who was a "hold-back" as you guys like to call them. Not one. If the girls are taller, then well...they're just taller. I don't know what else to say other than it doesn't happen with the girls like it does with the boys. Doesn't happen. For comparison, on LI what class would a girl who was born in April 1999 be in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is SL going to get rid of these horrible coaches that are coaching this 2nd team? Sitting here at this game and the group of us are saying amongst ourselves what were we thinking letting the girls play here? to make it worse we all get an email from SL himself and the higher ups reprimanding us and telling us to let the coaches coach the kids. Obviously these 2 coaches do not know how to coach as we are doing terrible. They continue to do the same coaching style game after game and it's not helping this team. We feel as though we are wasting way too much money here and getting nothing in return. I am telling you, this team/program is in a lot of trouble and I don't see a majority of these girls returning next year. At practice SL will tell the girls to take shots and do certain things to help them get better and things he wants to see in the games. But on the side Coach G and B will tell the girls they don't want to see them doing those things that the director said or they will be benched. Who is in charge at this program? Who can we speak to? obviously there is no leadership for this team. The group of us are fed up. This team needs better oversight and management and these 2 caoaches need to go like yesterday! Complete waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved in MD lax for over 10 years...rec coach, parent, club coach, club liaison, etc. I cannot think of even one girl who was a "hold-back" as you guys like to call them. Not one. If the girls are taller, then well...they're just taller. I don't know what else to say other than it doesn't happen with the girls like it does with the boys. Doesn't happen. For comparison, on LI what class would a girl who was born in April 1999 be in?

She would be entering 12th grade. Why don't you guys just enter a few teams for a US Lacrosse national tournament and just shut everyone up once and for all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about your coaches but we have 2 college girls wearing flip flops and being manipulated by the connected parents. Now that's a joke and our team pays the same as the team coached by CR herself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is SL going to get rid of these horrible coaches that are coaching this 2nd team? Sitting here at this game and the group of us are saying amongst ourselves what were we thinking letting the girls play here? to make it worse we all get an email from SL himself and the higher ups reprimanding us and telling us to let the coaches coach the kids. Obviously these 2 coaches do not know how to coach as we are doing terrible. They continue to do the same coaching style game after game and it's not helping this team. We feel as though we are wasting way too much money here and getting nothing in return. I am telling you, this team/program is in a lot of trouble and I don't see a majority of these girls returning next year. At practice SL will tell the girls to take shots and do certain things to help them get better and things he wants to see in the games. But on the side Coach G and B will tell the girls they don't want to see them doing those things that the director said or they will be benched. Who is in charge at this program? Who can we speak to? obviously there is no leadership for this team. The group of us are fed up. This team needs better oversight and management and these 2 caoaches need to go like yesterday! Complete waste of time and money.

Haha let me guess.. Still playing favorites, no play time. Girls look erratic? Yup typical Huntington style. Well guess what it's the end of the season so she will be happy with all the year end gifts from the pay to play parents. If you guys honestly thought your kids were going to get looks with this type of team and coaching. Sorry for the rude awakening. You guys better start looking for a new team for your kids. I'm sure you all are are very upset could have spent this money on vacation rather than that fiasco. Next time you all join a club research the coaches and see their track record.. Are they fair? Are they political? Are they good? What's their school record? Had you all did that before joining this team, things would have been different. Lesson learned huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 in MD too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about a fair comparison? What grade would a MD girl who was born on Oct 1st be in ? On LI, the school cutoff is Dec 1st. What is it in Md?

2017 in MD too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She would be entering 12th grade. Why don't you guys just enter a few teams for a US Lacrosse national tournament and just shut everyone up once and for all?

I guess the MD clubs don't find it necessary to make the parents shell out the money to go play in a crappy tournament in Indiana after spending all summer playing top teams. All so that you can post on your website that you are "National Champions". LOL

The MD clubs are happy to already been done for the summer after having spent it beating up on the LI teams for the most part. Have fun in Indiana. We'll be relaxing at the beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the MD clubs don't find it necessary to make the parents shell out the money to go play in a crappy tournament in Indiana after spending all summer playing top teams. All so that you can post on your website that you are "National Champions". LOL

The MD clubs are happy to already been done for the summer after having spent it beating up on the LI teams for the most part. Have fun in Indiana. We'll be relaxing at the beach.

Funny that seems to be the MD party line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about a fair comparison? What grade would a MD girl who was born on Oct 1st be in ? On LI, the school cutoff is Dec 1st. What is it in Md?

2017 in MD too.

Yep. If a girl was born on Oct 1st, 1999 she would be a 2017 right now, entering 12th grade. A girl born in Dec 1999 would also be a 2017 in MD, I believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parents - please stop with the age excuse. I'm from LI and I'm even tired of hearing it. Let's look at it logically, using 2020 as an example since that's the thread we're on.

MD is girls born between 9/1/01 and 8/31/02. LI is between 12/1/01 and 11/30/02. Assuming the birthdays are distributed evenly over the year, that means 75% of the girls are the same age (born between 12/1/01 and 8/31/02) and 25% are a year older in MD - born in Sept, Oct or Nov 2001 vs 2002.

If there are 24 girls on a roster, that's 18 who are the same age and 6 who are a year apart. Everybody on here complains about short benches in the big games, so if those 6 are such a liability, they are probably the ones on the sideline anyway. I don't think it explains why 4 of the top 5 teams in most age groups are from MD rather than NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an explanation from another Long Islander. There are great players from Long Island and Maryland. Maryland just has more of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an explanation from another Long Islander. There are great players from Long Island and Maryland. Maryland just has more of them.

Or maybe they're more concentrated on fewer teams. Too many clubs on LI, not sure about MD.

Page 37 of 42 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard