BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ONLY tweak I could see to Skak would be that their D needs to be bigger. They are consistently outmatched size wise and it's beginning to become an issue. They have several smaller girls on D, one is an absolute bulldog that makes up for her lack of size with insane tenacity. She is a fantastic player. But perhaps it's time to look for some taller, bigger D players on B or C that can move up? Or on one of the outside clubs (Express)? They seem to be having a hard time matching up against the bigger MD clubs. Just a thought. They are still a fantastic team, second best behind M&D. Nothing major needs to be done at all, they're all great players.

I think you are 100% spot on and Skak should swap out All the D (except your daughter the bulldog) with girls on the B and C team and this team will be rolling along and mowing down the MD teams once again.

No, but nice try with the sarcasm. My daughter is an attack on Bert's team so I could care less that you're getting manhandled on D by the bigger MD teams. If you can't see that as an "A" team parent then you're not watching close enough. I watched both games at LFTC (M&D and SW) and that stood out. There is a size mismatch in your zone, your D are all fantastic defenders but sometimes you can't do anything when a bigger girls wants the ball. There's a reason that the saying "you can't teach size" fits no matter what sport you're playing.

I can't believe this teams problem was right in front of their face the whole time and it took an astute parent on the B team to figure it out! You need to contact coach Skakandi right away and be sure to tell her what you see and how to fix it. It would also be good to tell her what number your daughter is if she's on the bigger side? Trust me she needs to hear this as soon as possible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ONLY tweak I could see to Skak would be that their D needs to be bigger. They are consistently outmatched size wise and it's beginning to become an issue. They have several smaller girls on D, one is an absolute bulldog that makes up for her lack of size with insane tenacity. She is a fantastic player. But perhaps it's time to look for some taller, bigger D players on B or C that can move up? Or on one of the outside clubs (Express)? They seem to be having a hard time matching up against the bigger MD clubs. Just a thought. They are still a fantastic team, second best behind M&D. Nothing major needs to be done at all, they're all great players.

I think you are 100% spot on and Skak should swap out All the D (except your daughter the bulldog) with girls on the B and C team and this team will be rolling along and mowing down the MD teams once again.

No, but nice try with the sarcasm. My daughter is an attack on Bert's team so I could care less that you're getting manhandled on D by the bigger MD teams. If you can't see that as an "A" team parent then you're not watching close enough. I watched both games at LFTC (M&D and SW) and that stood out. There is a size mismatch in your zone, your D are all fantastic defenders but sometimes you can't do anything when a bigger girls wants the ball. There's a reason that the saying "you can't teach size" fits no matter what sport you're playing.

I can't believe this teams problem was right in front of their face the whole time and it took an astute parent on the B team to figure it out! You need to contact coach Skakandi right away and be sure to tell her what you see and how to fix it. It would also be good to tell her what number your daughter is if she's on the bigger side? Trust me she needs to hear this as soon as possible.

What does she care, she hardly shows up. Bert is taking over the A team next year. The b team parents get the part time Skakandi.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does she care, she hardly shows up. Bert is taking over the A team next year. The b team parents get the part time Skakandi.

That's wishful thinking from A team parents. It would be a slap in the face to the A team coach and is not going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're welcome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Skak's biggest problem this year wears black uniforms and was the same problem every other team had this year. Every year is different as teams change and evolve. Things may be completely different in 2016-17. Skywalkers went from being barely competitive to one of the top teams in a years time. We are talking about 13 year old girls.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ONLY tweak I would make is have my b team daughter replace one of the smaller weaklings. Just a thought. They are still fantastic but will be super fantastic with my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's wishful thinking from A team parents. It would be a slap in the face to the A team coach and is not going to happen.

What's the issue with this coach? Thought the top teams always got the best coaching staff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ONLY tweak I would make is have my b team daughter replace one of the smaller weaklings. Just a thought. They are still fantastic but will be super fantastic with my daughter.

You said it. A couple of the bigger B team girls moved up this season and have already made a huge impact. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Anyway, more will be coming. Bigger and quicker the better, just ask the MD teams. Times they are a changing. Move aside pops (or mom).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said it. A couple of the bigger B team girls moved up this season and have already made a huge impact. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Anyway, more will be coming. Bigger and quicker the better, just ask the MD teams. Times they are a changing. Move aside pops (or mom).

Well in the case of this B team, bigger doesn't equal better but at least we now know who has been bashing the A team. Oh and every year around this time CR tells people on the B and C teams they have greatly improved and have a real shot to be on the top team. It keeps hopes alive and the private lessons flowing on. Sorry but there is better talent at competing clubs and most of those girls have already been identified.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are tryouts on LI? The MD teams go Aug 20 & 21. Interesting how the calendar moved from Dec to Aug so no one could get a jump on other programs. Red shirts were the earliest a few yearS ago for just that reason. Now they don't have a 2021 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are tryouts on LI? The MD teams go Aug 20 & 21. Interesting how the calendar moved from Dec to Aug so no one could get a jump on other programs. Red shirts were the earliest a few yearS ago for just that reason. Now they don't have a 2021 team.

Dates are just starting to come out, not all at the same time. YJ will be last so they can scoop up all the extra girls and make as many teams as they need to accommodate ($$$) everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That does not work in Maryland. Once tryouts are over you need to commit with payment should you make a team. If you do not pay up your spot goes to the next player. Teams have tryouts as early as possible to lock up the top players. Clubs also try to have tryouts the same days so there is difficulty trying out for more than one team. Tough deal for the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't they simply try out for the club they want top play for, thereby saving themselves some angst? Pick one, possibly two for a backup, but I've never understood why parents have their girls hit the circuit and tryout for 3-4 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't they simply try out for the club they want top play for, thereby saving themselves some angst? Pick one, possibly two for a backup, but I've never understood why parents have their girls hit the circuit and tryout for 3-4 teams.

Because everyone needs to be on the A team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's always nice to make an "A" team, not so nice standing on sidelines with reduced playing time. At least mom and dad get to wear the sporty club apparel. Nothing like that visor to raise your prestige among your lacrosse brethren. Status symbols are everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because if your daughter gets cut by the team she wanted to play for, and didn't try out for another team, you're in a pickle.

Hard to find a spot after tryouts are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because if your daughter gets cut by the team she wanted to play for, and didn't try out for another team, you're in a pickle.

Not really! Sorry but enrollment is down at all these clubs and teams are being water down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know kids who try out for multiple teams just to see what type of drills are conducted and to size up the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really! Sorry but enrollment is down at all these clubs and teams are being water down.

Maybe in LI. If you want to play for M&D or Heros you better have a backup plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Igloo parents care to share your thoughts so far? Looking at their website the cost seems to be one of the most expensive options out there at $2,700.00.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you currently play for Heros or M&D you better have a backup plan. Some pretty talented girls heading your way for tryouts. Should be an interesting August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you currently play for Heros or M&D you better have a backup plan. Some pretty talented girls heading your way for tryouts. Should be an interesting August.

If you currently play for another team and are considering trying out for Heros or M&D you had better have a backup plan. Some pretty talented girls are already on the rosters of those two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Igloo parents care to share your thoughts so far? Looking at their website the cost seems to be one of the most expensive options out there at $2,700.00.

By simple math ratios, if

Value = Team Quality / Cost

Igloo for girls is not a good value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by team quality? Looking for feedback on the program. How's the coaching, training and development of players. It's their first year so not sure anyone would expect them to rival the top teams. Another good gauge will be how many current players return and will they be able to retain/attract the top players. Winning is less important to me right now and that doesn't necessarily equal value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you currently play for another team and are considering trying out for Heros or M&D you had better have a backup plan. Some pretty talented girls are already on the rosters of those two teams.

Exactly. If you think they are going to run a bunch of girls off an undefeated team you're crazy. It's a risk bringing new girls and personalities onto a team that played so well together and got along so well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean by team quality? Looking for feedback on the program. How's the coaching, training and development of players. It's their first year so not sure anyone would expect them to rival the top teams. Another good gauge will be how many current players return and will they be able to retain/attract the top players. Winning is less important to me right now and that doesn't necessarily equal value.

I don't know, but $2700 is a crazy amount of money. MD teams are around $2000 max and you get a lot more time as you practice before and play in a spring league vs all the top MD clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo parent... It has been a good experience for a first year program. After looking at the cost also look what you actually get for the cost, it is listed on their website. It was a fall, winter, spring, summer all inclusive, all gear, 5 tournaments, additional training, etc... I was not not asked for additional money.

For those looking to make a move lots of good clubs base your move on what is best for your daughter not what everyone else does. Also look through your check book and look at what you actually spend over a year on your inexpensive travel team. Fall winter extras add up quick!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo parent... It has been a good experience for a first year program. After looking at the cost also look what you actually get for the cost, it is listed on their website. It was a fall, winter, spring, summer all inclusive, all gear, 5 tournaments, additional training, etc... I was not not asked for additional money.

For those looking to make a move lots of good clubs base your move on what is best for your daughter not what everyone else does. Also look through your check book and look at what you actually spend over a year on your inexpensive travel team. Fall winter extras add up quick!

What was your roster size and do you expect that all girls will return?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC Parent... what a mess. The program leadership is totally disengaged. This team is heading for relegation to B division brackets at best next year. Losing to your programs 2022 A team is quite a topper on a pathetic season. Sad how a focus on $ and not player growth has torpedoed this formally elite program. Why should we invest in them when they don't have the energy to invest in their teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC Parent... what a mess. The program leadership is totally disengaged. This team is heading for relegation to B division brackets at best next year. Losing to your programs 2022 A team is quite a topper on a pathetic season. Sad how a focus on $ and not player growth has torpedoed this formally elite program. Why should we invest in them when they don't have the energy to invest in their teams?

What is TLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know, but $2700 is a crazy amount of money. MD teams are around $2000 max and you get a lot more time as you practice before and play in a spring league vs all the top MD clubs.

AT Elevate my husband and I estimate we spent at least $3,500 this year with clinics, tuition, year end party, gear and hats and t-shirts, etc. At the end of the day our 2021 team played only a few competitive games. Ohhh well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was your roster size and do you expect that all girls will return?

They obviously don't expect all the top girls to return as parents were on here trying to make a case for the top girls jumping ship to YJ. But there are many better girls from other clubs likely to get those spots so everyone may end up returning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AT Elevate my husband and I estimate we spent at least $3,500 this year with clinics, tuition, year end party, gear and hats and t-shirts, etc. At the end of the day our 2021 team played only a few competitive games. Ohhh well.

Will you return to this program? I am looking into 4 programs and I'm curious how your experience was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC is a mess, Diamonds is not competitive and C2 is in flux. The good players on those teams will all try to go M&D, Heros and Skywalkers. It is a shame because there is capacity for more than 3 good teams in central MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC is a mess, Diamonds is not competitive and C2 is in flux. The good players on those teams will all try to go M&D, Heros and Skywalkers. It is a shame because there is capacity for more than 3 good teams in central MD.

Some of the better players on those teams have been cut by the teams you are saying they are going to join. Seems a bit far fetched to think they are going to go make them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the better players on those teams have been cut by the teams you are saying they are going to join. Seems a bit far fetched to think they are going to go make them now.

I am talking about girls that have only ever played for TLC, Diamonds and C2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will you return to this program? I am looking into 4 programs and I'm curious how your experience was.

To Elevate? No, we will not be returning - this was our first year. It really wasn't for us. My daughter was on the Blue team, the kids were ok but we played in a lot of non competitive tournaments in New England. My daughter didn't learn very much this summer. The club is a little too "showy" for us with the tents and staged pictures. Its like everything is done for marketing purposes. If they spent more time on making the kids better at lacrosse as they did at marketing, they would have a much more competitive club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am talking about girls that have only ever played for TLC, Diamonds and C2.

TLC girls are going to Skywalkers. Not sure if there are any girls on Diamonds or C2 that can take anyone's spots. M&D and Heros have pretty established rosters. The girls would have to be heads and shoulders better then what they have and I don't know if that exists on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds just like dave

Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard