BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,914
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 73 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I asked about Taz & Wolfpack. How did Igloo get here? Other clubs better than Igloo already spoke to me. I just wanted to know if it's a waist of time/money trying for Taz or Wolfpack. Also if you had to pick one of those, who has the better coaching?
I asked about Taz & Wolfpack. How did Igloo get here? Other clubs better than Igloo already spoke to me. I just wanted to know if it's a waist of time/money trying for Taz or Wolfpack. Also if you had to pick one of those, who has the better coaching?

Taz by far. Once you play the two. It's sticks out, good luck at making those teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most teams will have turnover. Nothing wrong with leaving one team to play for another. Until you start paying for multiple years upfront this is a year to year commitment in club lacrosse as it always has been. Here's the good news....on Long Island there are plenty of good clubs with quality coaching to play for at this grade level. I am not WP for Life and luckily didn't get a tattoo or buy too much parent gear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxman9999
I having my son tryout for WP and Taz and see where he is at. He is an excellent athlete but needs better coaching. These teams will give him that.

they aren't taking projects. They already know who they are taking. Better off going to express or igloo to get coaching then try to upgrade.
you have no idea what you are talking about. Most ignorant statement I've seen in a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express A decent once they trim that fat, but what about the coaching? Should you stick with Express B for the better coaching?

Schwalje is a great coach but he has two things going against him. 1)He has limited practices (w/2024's) and has missed multiple tourneys. 2)He is also not the greatest coach for your 10 year old. Works better with the older kids.

O'Reilly on the other hand might not be as good of a technical coach as Schwalje but he more than makes up for it with more practice/scrimmages. He is also great with the younger grades. If you ask any kids that has played for him the vast majority would say they love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express A decent once they trim that fat, but what about the coaching? Should you stick with Express B for the better coaching?

Schwalje is a great coach but he has two things going against him. 1)He has limited practices (w/2024's) and has missed multiple tourneys. 2)He is also not the greatest coach for your 10 year old. Works better with the older kids.

O'Reilly on the other hand might not be as good of a technical coach as Schwalje but he more than makes up for it with more practice/scrimmages. He is also great with the younger grades. If you ask any kids that has played for him the vast majority would say they love it.

Ok Mrs. O'Reilly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I having my son tryout for WP and Taz and see where he is at. He is an excellent athlete but needs better coaching. These teams will give him that.

they aren't taking projects. They already know who they are taking. Better off going to express or igloo to get coaching then try to upgrade.
you have no idea what you are talking about. Most ignorant statement I've seen in a while.

I guess your super star is an exception. Welcome to the long bench of 10 ayers who never see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with that...even if you kids makes Taz or WP based on his tryout expect him to sit vs the MD teams and either Taz or WP. Sure they will get great coaching but end of the day your 10 year old is going to want to pay in the big games, as every kids should at this age.

I guess your super star is an exception. Welcome to the long bench of 10 ayers who never see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with that...even if you kids makes Taz or WP based on his tryout expect him to sit vs the MD teams and either Taz or WP. Sure they will get great coaching but end of the day your 10 year old is going to want to pay in the big games, as every kids should at this age.

Be careful with that theory bc all LI teams have to shorten the bench when they play the likes of Taz, WP. (Those would be considered the "big games". It is the same situation. Just some info to keep in mind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im thinking about putting small group together (town kids) for some fall and spring tourneys outside of Pal and travel- decent kids, B level probably, lacking depth , can anyone here recommend the ones they like in the fall and or spring , ones I have seen- Halloween Havoc, Columbus day one in east islip marina, blatant town then shamrock in the spring, blatant spring etc, thoughts suggestions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percentage of teams do you think will turnover? Taz, WP, Igloo, Express "A" and "B"?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im thinking about putting small group together (town kids) for some fall and spring tourneys outside of Pal and travel- decent kids, B level probably, lacking depth , can anyone here recommend the ones they like in the fall and or spring , ones I have seen- Halloween Havoc, Columbus day one in east islip marina, blatant town then shamrock in the spring, blatant spring etc, thoughts suggestions

Blatant runs a great tourney and they always try to put your team in the correct bracket. I believe Havoc has a town division so that would work too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percentage of teams do you think will turnover? Taz, WP, Igloo, Express "A" and "B"?

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Express A & B 5-6 max but some kids will move up and down
Igloo 7-8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Igloo 7-8

Meaning for Express move "up" from A to B?

Can anyone tell me honestly how often Schwalje was there? In Winter and Spring/Summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Igloo 7-8

Can anyone tell me honestly how often Schwalje was there? In Winter and Spring/Summer?

haha...if you live in GC or Manhasset you go to A...all other towns go to B

Schwalje was there about half of the fall practices, none of the winter practices and about 2/3 of the spring summer practices. He missed 2x tourneys too. He's a great coach but he is pulled in a lot of different directions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Igloo 7-8

Schwalje was there about half of the fall practices, none of the winter practices and about 2/3 of the spring summer practices. He missed 2x tourneys too. He's a great coach but he is pulled in a lot of different directions.

Was that acceptable? Just wondering, no axe to grind here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone from Long Island needs to convince these top 2-3 clubs to put together a best of the best team made up of the top 22 kids that they take on the road and showcase Long Island Lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Igloo 7-8

Was that acceptable? Just wondering, no axe to grind here.
The team is pretty good but could have been better if he was around more. Not all parents happy but as I mentioned the team is very competitive outside of the Taz/WP's of the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your talking about Taz and WP lets be honest?You mean more like 11yr olds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your talking about Taz and WP lets be honest?You mean more like 11yr olds
Taz has 3rd graders and 9 year old's on their team...get your facts straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone from Long Island needs to convince these top 2-3 clubs to put together a best of the best team made up of the top 22 kids that they take on the road and showcase Long Island Lacrosse!

We could send them on a World Tour & make tons of money like a boy band!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha. you know how many times I have heard similar comments with older kids.. kids would love it, but the parents would ruin it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz and WP 2-3 max
Igloo 7-8

Tough to answer. Taz and WP will lose a few of the players that dont touch the field I am sure. They will attempt to get to where the grass is greener. Igloo, Expresses, who knows. I am sure they would like to rotate out of your 7-8, but who are they replacing with?

And what if people dont want to be in those programs anymore. There are definite pros and cons to each.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nobody is leaving Keenan with his track record. He built Smithtown from ground up. What he has done with the Taz in one year. Amazing!!! Great youth coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree if all the kids were the same as last year...they are not so is it the new coaching of Taz or the new players??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree if all the kids were the same as last year...they are not so is it the new coaching of Taz or the new players??

solid team all around but majority of goals scored by one player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is leaving Keenan with his track record. He built Smithtown from ground up. What he has done with the Taz in one year. Amazing!!! Great youth coach!
agreed his coaching really set them apart this year but they did add a few great kids from SWR that were a huge help to their team. Can only see them getting better next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't sleep on those other team true blue outlaws and 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You better hope those teams don't sleep on themselves. They got a lot of work and recruiting to do!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express B worked True Blue 12-3 this past weekend. TB's college coaches had no idea what to do once it started getting out of hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are some of the better clubs that truly develop EVERYONE on the team?
Not just the top 12 or so. Serious answers only please. Enough with the little Johnny nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TB? please Outlaws? Please 24? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they need to recruit coaches first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just the top 12 or so. Serious answers only please. Enough with the little Johnny nonsense.

Simple. The team that practices the most

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many practices did Outlaws select have this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many practices did Outlaws select have this year?

Not Enough!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
practice does not make perfect... Perfect Practice makes perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Orielly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice is where kids get better, games show if the practice is productive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed his coaching really set them apart this year but they did add a few great kids from SWR that were a huge help to their team. Can only see them getting better next year.
thanks for the info LB dad. What a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Orielly

Agreed.

Page 68 of 73 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard