BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason that players may consider Madlax 2020 is because they get automatic invites to the best tournaments. However Madlax just doesn't have the talent to compete. Madlax continually gets beat by all the better clubs and even by some of the lesser know teams (results from the spring games and first 2 tournaments HHH/Crabfest). Many of these events are showcases but to be seen and attract some attention you still have to be on a good team that can win games. All of the better 2020 players that Madlax 2020 needs to attract have no interest in playing for them, most of these players are in MD and already play for clubs that are much better like Crabs/FCA/Nextlevel. Defections will only increase from Madlax 2020 as the losses pile up and Aug try outs begin.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only reason that players may consider Madlax 2020 is because they get automatic invites to the best tournaments. However Madlax just doesn't have the talent to compete. Madlax continually gets beat by all the better clubs and even by some of the lesser know teams (results from the spring games and first 2 tournaments HHH/Crabfest). Many of these events are showcases but to be seen and attract some attention you still have to be on a good team that can win games. All of the better 2020 players that Madlax 2020 needs to attract have no interest in playing for them, most of these players are in MD and already play for clubs that are much better like Crabs/FCA/Nextlevel. Defections will only increase from Madlax 2020 as the losses pile up and Aug try outs begin.

So even if the lose all the Maryland clubs if they can get all the NOVA kids to move to Madlax they can be above avg. for sure. Once again all 2020 NOVA players wise up go to Madlax its the best option. Sorry but you have to let all the other crap go. If you want the best for your son go to Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax did ok at crab feast. They competed well against Laxachusetts and LI express. They are not top tier, but they played hard and are a solid team. No real standouts there, but then again no other nova club has any either except for VLCs one marquis player. Just a down year group IMO....no other place to flock to in nova right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comparisons/contrast for Showtime vs BlackCard? (Not interested in opinion from those who only went one of them)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very apparent that Madlax HS program is best in the area, and by a substantial margin. Agree on defections--from VLC and BW to Madlax 2020 however. College coaches lined up at each game Madlax 2018's and 2019's play, why settle for Crabs B team or BW playing in poorly attended, nothing tournaments?

Interesting to see effect of new job on BW. If I coach for STJ competitor, why would i want my players with Trig for the summer? It's obvious that he recruits players from other teams, and with no youth farm club, BW will fall further off radar, Dallas or no Dallas move

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very apparent that Madlax HS program is best in the area, and by a substantial margin. Agree on defections--from VLC and BW to Madlax 2020 however. College coaches lined up at each game Madlax 2018's and 2019's play, why settle for Crabs B team or BW playing in poorly attended, nothing tournaments?

Interesting to see effect of new job on BW. If I coach for STJ competitor, why would i want my players with Trig for the summer? It's obvious that he recruits players from other teams, and with no youth farm club, BW will fall further off radar, Dallas or no Dallas move

I agree if Trig really cared about the kids he would fold up shop or leave BW to a new leader and just do his best to run a great program at (SJ)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA vs. LI Express on CSN tomorrow at 4pm for Naptown Championship at Navy Stadium.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA giving Crabs a run for their money on holdbacks. They should roll over LI Express without breaking a sweat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA giving Crabs a run for their money on holdbacks. They should roll over LI Express without breaking a sweat.

FCA won nearly every face off or were awarded it on penalty yesterday. Those Loyola and Calvert Hall kids were really fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So uninformed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA beat 3D NE 10-8 in Pool Play. Express beat them 9-5 yesterday. Not saying Express will win. FCA is a much bigger team. We saw both teams play yesterday. Express face off kid is good. Should be a decent game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So uninformed

FCA pulls from schools that are known for kids starting school late and reclassing you do not have to work for the FBI to know they have holdback/older players. Unless a team from this area can produce something that proves its players are all "on-age" everyone will assume they have older players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA won nearly every face off or were awarded it on penalty yesterday. Those Loyola and Calvert Hall kids were really fast.

That is a out lie. FCA won 3 faceoffs. There were 15 faceoffs total. FCA won 3 outright and 4 strategically called bogus violations. Hawks got called for 2 holds and 2 false starts after Kelly started yelling to his ref buddy Jeff. Hawks won the rest. FCA won. FCA isa verrry good team and deserved to win. No need to exaggerate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American League beat the National League last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Holdbacks???? Did the coach know the Ump???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just looking through the 2018 commit list. I counted 55 schools with at least one verbal. But the avg I would say is 8 kids locked up to each of the 55 schools. There is what 70 or 71 D1 schools. The kids on this list have 2 full years of high school left. The point is 55 out of 70 schools in theory have signed up to recruit early. And if you use the math of 70 schools with 12 spots per class that comes to 840 then if you take my quick guess math off this list of 55 schools with a avg. of 8 or 9 kids per school that comes to 440 or 495. So with my bad math that leaves 345 spots left or 400 spots left. The reason I put this out there is to point out why parents feel the need to be so proactive with the early recruiting events. Also I think this proves that more then most of the schools are part of the early verbal scene. I counted 55 schools I bet the last 15 are asking for Verbals just not getting them. I just wanted to give the 2020 dads a heads up. And I am 100% sure these numbers will be higher when these 2020 hit the summer before there Jr. year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA won the majority of the face offs or were awarded a penalty on false starts. They are bigger, faster and older than the most of the teams they play. Holdbacks rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am shocked by the number of head coaches watching 8th graders play. When you have the UNC and MD coach on the sideline watching a bunch of kids who are not even in high school - you know something is way outta wack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just looking through the 2018 commit list. I counted 55 schools with at least one verbal. But the avg I would say is 8 kids locked up to each of the 55 schools. There is what 70 or 71 D1 schools. The kids on this list have 2 full years of high school left. The point is 55 out of 70 schools in theory have signed up to recruit early. And if you use the math of 70 schools with 12 spots per class that comes to 840 then if you take my quick guess math off this list of 55 schools with a avg. of 8 or 9 kids per school that comes to 440 or 495. So with my bad math that leaves 345 spots left or 400 spots left. The reason I put this out there is to point out why parents feel the need to be so proactive with the early recruiting events. Also I think this proves that more then most of the schools are part of the early verbal scene. I counted 55 schools I bet the last 15 are asking for Verbals just not getting them. I just wanted to give the 2020 dads a heads up. And I am 100% sure these numbers will be higher when these 2020 hit the summer before there Jr. year.

It is entirely possible the class of 2020 will be the last ER class if the NCAA changes the rules. This could happen soon (September?). If the club middleman is removed from the contact equation via a rules change (think no coach contact at all until fall of Junior year) then there will be a bombardment of recruiting events right after the contact period opens. Even 2016 fall recruiting events may be instantly obsolete if the rules change in September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA FOGO is without question much more dominant than Hawks but Hawks dad is very vocal on the board that his kids the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA is without question stocked with holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to FCA and Long Island. Let's all hope for a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without question? They have 1 repeat (for academic reasons) and 3 late summer birthdays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without question? They have 1 repeat (for academic reasons) and 3 late summer birthdays.

late summer should be 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Puhleez - come on - they have more than that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in Maryland.

Yes, even in Maryland. However most teams have a couple of kids with summer birthdays, no big deal in my book. Why do you think WSOYL has a 5/1 cutoff? If not too many teams would be excluded. The difference is that these kids are in the grade that they're supposed to be in, none of them have repeated a grade (or two) to gain an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched the Naptown 2020 final: LI Express v. FCA. The LI Express fogo had won over 90% of all his face offs in the tournament until the final when he faced an equal or better fogo from FCA. Just shows you how important the fogo position is. Also shows you that LI Express is just an average team when they don't get a ton of extra possessions. Congrats to FCA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in Maryland.

Yes, even in Maryland. However most teams have a couple of kids with summer birthdays, no big deal in my book. Why do you think WSOYL has a 5/1 cutoff? If not too many teams would be excluded. The difference is that these kids are in the grade that they're supposed to be in, none of them have repeated a grade (or two) to gain an advantage.

Kids born from Sept 1 to Aug 31 ( including summer kids) should be in the same grade in Maryland. Pretty simple...So if you were born in summer and did a prefirst/heldback anytime or your mother just started you later..you will have a advantage over the rest of the children born in summer who did normal progression of school according to the state of MD. Now there are many good reasons to hold your child back..academia, maturity, sports , etc..But these kids have an advantage of being oldest in grade that others in their age dont enjoy.. These summer kids who playdown are not in the grade they are supposed to be according to the state. Lets not act like they are in proper grade just because they are close to Sept 1. Most kids born in Maryland are in their proper grade even the ones born in summer. Pretty simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched the Naptown 2020 final: LI Express v. FCA. The LI Express fogo had won over 90% of all his face offs in the tournament until the final when he faced an equal or better fogo from FCA. Just shows you how important the fogo position is. Also shows you that LI Express is just an average team when they don't get a ton of extra possessions. Congrats to FCA.

Quint said that both the 2018s and 2019s could learn from FCA, impressed with all the assists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am shocked by the number of head coaches watching 8th graders play. When you have the UNC and MD coach on the sideline watching a bunch of kids who are not even in high school - you know something is way outta wack.

They were there as paid speakers for the banquet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks win! 😎

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's like saying," I only stole a little." You either did or you didn't. You either have kids born before the cut off or you don't. Do I think a few days or even a few weeks matter? No, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. In other sports- you make the cut off or you don't- period. In lax- who cares? No rules, play any age you want- be a day before the cut off or 17 months- all allowed, all missing the cut off. It needs to be more black and white- enough of the late summer birthdays excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's like saying," I only stole a little." You either did or you didn't. You either have kids born before the cut off or you don't. Do I think a few days or even a few weeks matter? No, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. In other sports- you make the cut off or you don't- period. In lax- who cares? No rules, play any age you want- be a day before the cut off or 17 months- all allowed, all missing the cut off. It needs to be more black and white- enough of the late summer birthdays excuse.

This was a response to the thread and the quote that FCA was "stocked with holdbacks". In my opinion, having 1 repeat and 3 players with late summer birthdays does not fall under the "stocked" category. However, having 12 holdbacks does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure - the refs fault. You must be the kid's parent. FCA dominated the face offs. Truth hurts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any club team that has kids from BL, Gilmam, McDonough, etc. - virtually any school in the MIAA with exception of the Catholic schools has an ample supply of Holdbacks. You can pretend that's not the case - but it is....

Crabs, FCA, Looneys, etc. all stack the deck with older kids. Everyone knows it, you know, just own it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are officially no longer allowed to whine about holdbacks once your kid is in 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are officially no longer allowed to whine about holdbacks once your kid is in 9th grade.

If my 9th grader is playing against a 13th grader sure I can. Good luck with your holdback kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any club team that has kids from BL, Gilmam, McDonough, etc. - virtually any school in the MIAA with exception of the Catholic schools has an ample supply of Holdbacks. You can pretend that's not the case - but it is....

Crabs, FCA, Looneys, etc. all stack the deck with older kids. Everyone knows it, you know, just own it.

Very True..It was the MIAA's and private schools little secret until the club world went grade base. Most people in Baltimore were completely oblivious to it. MIAA middle school and HS teams all had them so no big deal.
Now that is out in the public lacrosse world , you have exactly the reaction you would expect. When a select group of children get an advantage that others dont get.. Well what do you expect??
One of the lamest excuses is that most are only summer birthdays. If that is ok then let anyone who wants playdown that is summer birthday irregardless of grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer season is winding down does someone want to do a top 10 or 20?

Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard