BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Dangerfield said in "Back to School", the answer is.......4

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kid is good - no surprise. I don't get committing to a school like UNC when he could have gone anywhere (ND, Duke, Ivy, etc.). To each his own ....

This is where guidance by a parent is imperative. This kid is good enough to commit yet picks the school that just happens to be current D1 champs. No one can say how much more he will develop in the next couple of years. Depending on his academic status and projected future potential in the class room; its a parents responsibility to guide the student athlete to the best fit possible. Perhaps in this case; UNC was a good choice if the parameters where all weighed in.

Our early commit was just as good in the classroom as on the field and we thought a shot at IVY was in his best interest as long as he stayed the course wrt both aspects.

We sat as a family and looked at all the pros and cons of each school and what he liked about them and if it fit into what he thought might be a place where he could pursue numerous academic options. He chose IVY and we stressed that at any moment if he thought it was too much pressure; that he could change course. So far so good...one year away from his goal now and more happy with his choice than when he made it.

Perhaps a good choice for your son. However, have you really looked into what's happening at "IVY" schools lately? Are you aware of the extreme radical leftist environment that exists at many of these schools? Are you aware that the freedom of ideas and self expression are only available to those that follow along with the leftist agenda? Are you aware that if your son does not support this agenda within his course work he will be held accountable with poor grades? Are you further aware that the support of any idea other than those approved by the radical left are met with extreme social backlash? Most certainly you are unaware.

An example of said leftist mov't can be found on just about every campus in the USA and have been for decades. Your claims re IVY are absurd and without substantiation. What then, is your agenda?

WRONG. 96% percent of all professors at Cornell support and donate to the left. Fact! Same school has interviews of students who've faced retribution from professors in terms of lower grades for right leaning positions. Fact. Center/right positions on any and all subjects are met with censorship and the cries of racism across all Ivies. Do a little research, you just might become a bit enlightened. My agenda is simple, freedom of expression, freedom of speech and the free and open exchange of ideas. Something the "Ivies" use to embrace. Unfortunately, those ideals are only reserved for the left on your precious ivy campus.

Pretty broad sword your wielding there... (does it come with a Trump MAGA hat?) I take it your child or yourself did not make it into the IVY school of your choice?

Rather predictable response, come on, surely you can do better than that? Right out of the leftist play book. When you can't argue the facts, personally attack the one with the facts. Try sticking to the point, perhaps you have some meaningful bits of information to counter my facts? Prove me wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you attack someone who cites statistics and delivered a well developed observation? to follow your logic a person who who may be critical of IVYs is only a bitter and rejected person who couldn't get in? , your high handed dismissal of that prior poster with a Trump reference is actually a prime example of what he or she was concerned within the post.

because he has an agenda with ivy's and does not discuss the entirety of the issue which is endemic to most universities at this point. (see my above short discourse explaining this whilst not condemning any one type of conference or league of schools). by the way; I am a conservative who can discuss both sides of a topic in a coherent and meaningful manner. that is what one can gain while attending an IVY.

and your meaningful retort is...?

Uhh... Might be time to head back to school, the point is, only one side of any point has become acceptable to discuss at your IVY school. The very discussion of the conservative point of view has now become "offensive". As an alumni, perhaps you should wake up and demand change. Demand the free and open exchange of ideas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you attack someone who cites statistics and delivered a well developed observation? to follow your logic a person who who may be critical of IVYs is only a bitter and rejected person who couldn't get in? , your high handed dismissal of that prior poster with a Trump reference is actually a prime example of what he or she was concerned within the post.

because he has an agenda with ivy's and does not discuss the entirety of the issue which is endemic to most universities at this point. (see my above short discourse explaining this whilst not condemning any one type of conference or league of schools). by the way; I am a conservative who can discuss both sides of a topic in a coherent and meaningful manner. that is what one can gain while attending an IVY.

Uhh... Might be time to head back to school, the point is, only one side of any point has become acceptable to discuss at your IVY school. The very discussion of the conservative point of view has now become "offensive". As an alumni, perhaps you should wake up and demand change. Demand the free and open exchange of ideas.

This whole conservation is a micro-aggression and wants me to seek out my safe space.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you did not have the mental capacity or focus to endure my lengthy discussion above, which actually supported and expanded upon your misguided and narrow assessment of the leftist positions of University today. Its closure comment was meant for your close minded, aggressive position and statements. I went to school for 18 years. perhaps you need a sabbatical yourself. Your myopic position bores me and is quite predictable, thus I will excuse myself from this and my hopes of a fulfilling discussion with you as well.
#nevertrump

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you did not have the mental capacity or focus to endure my lengthy discussion above, which actually supported and expanded upon your misguided and narrow assessment of the leftist positions of University today. Its closure comment was meant for your close minded, aggressive position and statements. I went to school for 18 years. perhaps you need a sabbatical yourself. Your myopic position bores me and is quite predictable, thus I will excuse myself from this and my hopes of a fulfilling discussion with you as well.
#nevertrump

Dude your lengthy dissertation was filled with facts as you see them. I call BS on that, you make the facts and numbers up and we have to accept it? Nope, too boring for me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#nevertrump

Dude your lengthy dissertation was filled with facts as you see them. I call BS on that, you make the facts and numbers up and we have to accept it? Nope, too boring for me.

only one stat noted (18%...). the "dissertation" was obviously too cerebral for you. Of course its too boring for you.
As is oft repeated on this "forum"; put down the red cup, step back from the roach coach gourmet lunch and immerse yourself in some quality research and higher learning prior to making inane statements.

out.

#nevertrump

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Harvard, Princeton and Yale have always been noted as bastions of liberalism. Your a moron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't u mean you're an moron?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously not an English major I assume

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Proves that Education doesn't make you smart just Educated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Harvard, Princeton and Yale have always been noted as bastions of liberalism. Your a moron

Not always, but for the last 50-60 years- absolutely !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an ignorant statement simply cannot qualify for a meaningful comment. In the future; please try not to tax your diminished neural capacity with such learned matters and refrain from interjecting nonsensical drivel.

#nevertrump

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enjoying the give and take of these mutually respectful people who clearly respect each others opinion. I would never send my child to Yale because it is way to conservative for him, and only Princeton if he didn't get into Brown and had to settle for the less liberal Tigers. Having said that Harvard is too liberal even for him. I kid has to have a limit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#nevertrump

only one stat noted (18%...). the "dissertation" was obviously too cerebral for you. Of course its too boring for you.
As is oft repeated on this "forum"; put down the red cup, step back from the roach coach gourmet lunch and immerse yourself in some quality research and higher learning prior to making inane statements.

out.

#nevertrump

ZZZZZZZ....arrogant [lacrosse], do you work on the Bernoulli equation when you have a catch with your egghead son? Wait, you don't have a catch, you might get hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an ignorant statement simply cannot qualify for a meaningful comment. In the future; please try not to tax your diminished neural capacity with such learned matters and refrain from interjecting nonsensical drivel.

#nevertrump

#neverlyingHillary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone help me out. Are lsm's recruited and if so is it a position that college coaches are willing to give a size able scholarship for. Ty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
definitely. they usually get full rides.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sizeable scholarships for lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
usually the best athlete on the field, could be a converted close defender or middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Any insight into the position and how it should be played or what college coaches are looking for at showcases regarding lsm's is appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't be a serious question. why wouldn't you or your LSM ask his h.s. coach , or club coach? you are asking here what college coaches look for at LSM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Any insight into the position and how it should be played or what college coaches are looking for at showcases regarding lsm's is appreciated.

Run like the wind all day, uses his stick like a surgeon, hits like a small truck. Still needs to be able to be an offensive threat. Look for video of Kyle Hartzel on youtube for the pro version prototype. Short stick local pro version is DiNapoli. Fun fact is that Brian Spallina was an LSM All American at Hofstra. Different game back then, but just shows you that the guy has to have a very high level motor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no full scholarships. You are chasing a unicorn. If the kid can play - he can play. If he can't - he can't. You can't tailor his play for a showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you don't know how it should be played but want to know what college coaches look for ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a fraudulent question anyway. another faker playing the naïve card.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no full scholarships. You are chasing a unicorn. If the kid can play - he can play. If he can't - he can't. You can't tailor his play for a showcase.

Roster sizes of 50! You will be lucky to get a .3 scholarship to a $55k school

Full rides my [lacrosse], put down the kool aid your kid like most others will be playing at D3 SUNY school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run like the wind all day, uses his stick like a surgeon, hits like a small truck. Still needs to be able to be an offensive threat. Look for video of Kyle Hartzel on youtube for the pro version prototype. Short stick local pro version is DiNapoli. Fun fact is that Brian Spallina was an LSM All American at Hofstra. Different game back then, but just shows you that the guy has to have a very high level motor.

Missed one key attribute. Vacuum cleaner on ground balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are serious with these LSM questions google this "Speak Softly & Carry a Big Stick LSM"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Full rides my [lacrosse], put down the kool aid your kid like most others will be playing at D3 SUNY school

There are full tuition scholarships and there are kids that go to school for free based on their family's financial situation. Its rare but some kids do get what amounts to a full ride. Probably 1 or 2 kids per team. I would say the average scholarship is between $5000-$10000.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are full tuition scholarships and there are kids that go to school for free based on their family's financial situation. Its rare but some kids do get what amounts to a full ride. Probably 1 or 2 kids per team. I would say the average scholarship is between $5000-$10000.

You can count on one hand kids that play travel lacrosse from LI who will go to college for free based on need. Lacrosse is a rich mans game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
long island is only rich people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on, let me get my valet to type response back to you..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
once i finish this game of polo I am getting a massage and a pedicure then i will respond to your ridiculous post, ok lovey?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can count on one hand kids that play travel lacrosse from LI who will go to college for free based on need. Lacrosse is a rich mans game

There are plenty of kids on Long Island from families that earn less than $150k/year (the rough cutoff for substantial aid at most Ivies). Not every D1 player comes from Manhasset or Garden City.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shhh, don't tell that to GC and Manhasset windbags...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of kids on Long Island from families that earn less than $150k/year (the rough cutoff for substantial aid at most Ivies). Not every D1 player comes from Manhasset or Garden City.

$150? maybe for the ivies but for all other schools its about half of that. Ask anyone you share a sideline with who has kids that went through the FAFSA process except for a staford load most get nothing. They do academic money so tell your kid to study study study!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too late, but thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard