BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 73 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You didn't play up 2024 falls in the U11 division Einstein. Rising 5 th and 6th graders.

Pretty funny that you would accuse someone of being dumb, but then show your own ignorance. 2024 also "falls" in the U13 division. But I guess you wouldn't consider that playing "up." When a team of rising 5th graders is in a age bracket with rising 6th graders, most would call that playing up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP,Taz,Brotherly,91 MD,Madlax and Bethesda. Now that's a solid weekend of lax. Set it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of the 4 final teams were from LI. Beat it MD, you cant hang

What about Bethesda and Madlax? Didn't Bethesda beat WP to win NLF? And I think Madlax has beaten Taz 3 or 4 times straight. Guess it is a good thing for LI that the best MD teams weren't even at NXT. It would be awesome if Bethesda, Madlax, Taz, and WP could all play each other this Fall.

9/1 MD has beaten Bethesda and generally the games are one point contests. Someone should set up 5 team event in the Fall. The more you play each other the better all of the teams will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP,Taz,Brotherly,91 MD,Madlax and Bethesda. Now that's a solid weekend of lax. Set it up

Absolutely agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live on LI & weren't approached by Taz or WP coach cuz your team hasn't played at the same tournaments but think your son is a true A player, should you bother sending him to tryouts or is it a waist of time & money. His stick skills, aggressiveness & game IQ is there & size is decent just not huge but is it worth playing for teams like that? Do they already have their team determined? Other club coaches have spoken to us but should I even have him bother trying for them?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Bethesda and Madlax? Didn't Bethesda beat WP to win NLF? And I think Madlax has beaten Taz 3 or 4 times straight. Guess it is a good thing for LI that the best MD teams weren't even at NXT. It would be awesome if Bethesda, Madlax, Taz, and WP could all play each other this Fall.

9/1 MD has beaten Bethesda and generally the games are one point contests. Someone should set up 5 team event in the Fall. The more you play each other the better all of the teams will be.

Amen to that! Better to lose to a top tier team than blow-out a second tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that! Better to lose to a top tier team than blow-out a second tier team.

That's right. Forget all the MD / Long Island competition drama and focus on playing good teams for the purpose of strengthening your squad and developing your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's right. Forget all the MD / Long Island competition drama and focus on playing good teams for the purpose of strengthening your squad and developing your kids.
2022's did that in the spring. Million set it up, I think. Called it the Elite 8. Best teams from Md and LI went head to head. Great idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live on LI & weren't approached by Taz or WP coach cuz your team hasn't played at the same tournaments but think your son is a true A player, should you bother sending him to tryouts or is it a waist of time & money. His stick skills, aggressiveness & game IQ is there & size is decent just not huge but is it worth playing for teams like that? Do they already have their team determined? Other club coaches have spoken to us but should I even have him bother trying for them?

save your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money

If you are looking for great training and not focused on a t-shirt collection you might want to try looking at a team whose name is three letters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to get upset; was just attempting to answer the question that was asked. For the record, my child does not play on the Madlax 2024, but rather a team that lost to them. They had a team of all rising 5th graders. We had a team of rising 5th and 6th graders, as did most other U11 teams this past weekend. Thus I said they were technically playing "up". We have a good team. They had a good team. That's all...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money

If you go, for the 75/100 bucks, you can get an idea for yourself if he is as good as you think. But you have to be very honest with yourself and your boy. The open spots are few, maybe 3 or 4 so its tough, no doubt. But the speed of the tryouts for these teams is an eye opener. It was for me and for my son. His first reaction was, "I better work on my left hand", for the next year. He came back and made a top team. But he really worked a full year to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money
Igloo is not a top team

If you go, for the 75/100 bucks, you can get an idea for yourself if he is as good as you think. But you have to be very honest with yourself and your boy. The open spots are few, maybe 3 or 4 so its tough, no doubt. But the speed of the tryouts for these teams is an eye opener. It was for me and for my son. His first reaction was, "I better work on my left hand", for the next year. He came back and made a top team. But he really worked a full year to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022's did that in the spring. Million set it up, I think. Called it the Elite 8. Best teams from Md and LI went head to head. Great idea.

I'm just a parent, and I know there is a lot of work that goes into making these things happen. But I assume that there are some owners/directors reading this now that can make this happen. I propose that we trust 9/1 MD and LI to set it up. October 29-30, 2016. Quality turf fields in Baltimore at Gilman, RP, or BL. NCAA rules. High school refs. 8 teams. 2 pools of 4. 3 games on Saturday. Everyone makes playoffs. Seeded 1-8. 2 games on Sunday. Pool A: 9/1 MD, Taz, Madlax, Rising Sons/Hawks. Pool B: Bethesda, WP, Brotherly, Igloo. See you there . . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money
Igloo is not a top team

What does Igloo have to do with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money

If you are looking for great training and not focused on a t-shirt collection you might want to try looking at a team whose name is three letters.

True but your kid might not enjoy getting pounded in B tournaments

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I having my son tryout for WP and Taz and see where he is at. He is an excellent athlete but needs better coaching. These teams will give him that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money
Igloo is not a top team

True but they did beat brotherly love. Can't hang with WP or Taz though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

save your money
Igloo is not a top team

Have to give Igloo credit for beating Brotherly Love. You know they were good because the WP boys were excited they got knocked off by Igloo. It was nice to see all the LI teams cheering each other on this weekend.

True but they did beat brotherly love. Can't hang with WP or Taz though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxman9999
I having my son tryout for WP and Taz and see where he is at. He is an excellent athlete but needs better coaching. These teams will give him that.

they aren't taking projects. They already know who they are taking. Better off going to express or igloo to get coaching then try to upgrade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are looking to move to another team - does anyone have any feedback on the outlaws ?

Ps - not looking for the bs comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are looking to move to another team - does anyone have any feedback on the outlaws ?

Good coach at this age. Parent drama but I guess that is everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta make the team to get the coaching...good luck with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express A looking for anout a half dozen kids so they can trim the fat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]We are looking to move to another team - does anyone have any feedback on the outlaws ?

Good coach at this age. Parent drama but I guess that is
everywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they aren't taking projects. They already know who they are taking. Better off going to express or igloo to get coaching then try to upgrade.

They are taking anyone that will make them better. There will be a lot more kids trying out this year. Expect 3-4 spots changing on both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are taking anyone that will make them better. There will be a lot more kids trying out this year. Expect 3-4 spots changing on both teams.

They will most likely be trading bench players unless a parent/player makes a bug splash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the top 2 0r 4 players on other 2024 teams decide to jump, there is no reason for the WP or Taz to take a lower player. They have plenty of solid players on the rosters both on the field and sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting Comment about drama considering there are 2 Outlaw Teams Black and Select. As far as the select team we have been really lucky to be surrounded by great families and a great group of young players who all get along. May not be one of the top teams but most of these boys are multi sport players that can not commit to 90 practices a year like the top tier teams. Burn out is real, ask my older guy. Kids have to be kids. Life goes fast. I Can't answer for the Black team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting Comment about drama considering there are 2 Outlaw Teams Black and Select. As far as the select team we have been really lucky to be surrounded by great families and a great group of young players who all get along. May not be one of the top teams but most of these boys are multi sport players that can not commit to 90 practices a year like the top tier teams. Burn out is real, ask my older guy. Kids have to be kids. Life goes fast. I Can't answer for the Black team.
Select is a solid team but Black has been pretty bad this season. They have been on the wrong side of many blowouts in B brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I can tell you about Black is that the coach is a yeller. He's very intense on the sidelines. I know this from my kid facing his team in PAL and travel. I just mention that because not all kids respond well to it. I can't comment on his coaching ability. He may be a great coach for all I know (which I don't)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I asked about Taz & Wolfpack. How did Igloo get here? Other clubs better than Igloo already spoke to me. I just wanted to know if it's a waist of time/money trying for Taz or Wolfpack. Also if you had to pick one of those, who has the better coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are the best....Other clubs spoke to you.No one cares abt you..Just ur $$$$$ dumbo...and waste not waist I dot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack will have pretty big turnover this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express A decent once they trim that fat, but what about the coaching? Should you stick with Express B for the better coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express A decent once they trim that fat, but what about the coaching? Should you stick with Express B for the better coaching?

Not more of this OReally BS. He is not a better coach than Schwalje. It has to be his wife posting in his defense all the time, because I've never heard so much about any single coach. He gets more air time here than AA or JS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack will have pretty big turnover this year.

Hahaha stop with your BS. As far from the truth as it gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I can tell you about Black is that the coach is a yeller. He's very intense on the sidelines. I know this from my kid facing his team in PAL and travel. I just mention that because not all kids respond well to it. I can't comment on his coaching ability. He may be a great coach for all I know (which I don't)

Are you sure your not talking about the select coach - my son's team played the outlaws last weekend at St Paul's and wow is all I can say - if your ok with that type of style coaching good luck to you, I have a number to a good psychologist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I asked about Taz & Wolfpack. How did Igloo get here? Other clubs better than Igloo already spoke to me. I just wanted to know if it's a waist of time/money trying for Taz or Wolfpack. Also if you had to pick one of those, who has the better coaching?

So you're arrogant and you're cheap. Awesome. Shoot the lock of the wallet if your boy is so good. These teams are in it to win it. If your son is better, they'll make room for him to the unfortunate surprise of some other kid. If not, it won't be because they're "full" - it will be because he wasn't good enough and you'll have to deal with that.

Good luck. Hope it works out.

Page 67 of 73 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard