BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So after today, Garden City is officially the top team on the Island! Keep at it GC! Great things to come!
lets see what they can do vs 32

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after today, Garden City is officially the top team on the Island! Keep at it GC! Great things to come!
lets see what they can do vs 32

That seems like it will be the real matchup for the class of this division. It's crazy that they're both town teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who you guys beat yesterday?? And where you play??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to 91 orange. Well done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our boys beat Blast 2x last weekend. Clearly we were the better team. Blast beat Geese 2x. That would put GC over Blast and Geese. Pretty simple.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our boys beat Blast 2x last weekend. Clearly we were the better team. Blast beat Geese 2x. That would put GC over Blast and Geese. Pretty simple.

Manhasset, not GC beat Blast last weekend at Forsberg. Might want to check your facts before pumping up your town that didn't even play Blast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd grade lolololl
#loserDADS Talk about the teams but the "my team is better than your sons is beyond pathetic Just enjoy the years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither Geese or Blast parents are in here rolling in the mud with the pigs. Good to see the top teams conducting themselves with class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I overheard someone this weekend saying that Mike Chanenchuk will be coaching the Express 2025 team next year. Can anyone confirm that to be true or not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I overheard someone this weekend saying that Mike Chanenchuk will be coaching the Express 2025 team next year. Can anyone confirm that to be true or not?

Sure he is. Like schwajle is coaching 2024. Ask them how that's going.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oreilly does an awesome job with the kids. He had kept same group of kids and made them very competitive. They are a few pieces away from being up with the top Of the group. He is a very good instructor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true...same deal as Schwajie. Sounds like they got some of the 32 kids to commit and some O'Reilly kids will move over. Sound familiar?

Buyer beware with Channy actually coaching your 2025. His name will look good on the tryout flyer though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy has to do something because right now they are not very good and that team with the current coach will not attract the talent to win. That means less buzz and 1 team instead of 2 in the age group and less tryout $ and less tuition. It's a business decision, nothing personal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen them play a few times and they're not bad at all. Like most teams in this age group, they just need to trim the fat to be competitive. And like most teams, the club has taken more than they should because that fat is profit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone give an honest opinion of where all of the 2025 teams stand as far as talent level goes. There are so many teams out there now it's hard to know which teams are talented & which teams look good because they play weak competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone give an honest opinion of where all of the 2025 teams stand as far as talent level goes. There are so many teams out there now it's hard to know which teams are talented & which teams look good because they play weak competition.

Yes, I will.

Geese, 32 and Blast are very good

Express, Ducks and Igloo are good and compete very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I will.

Geese, 32 and Blast are very good

Express, Ducks and Igloo are good and compete very well.

I second this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do teams like force, bluefish, outlaws, & true blue fit in the picture ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true...same deal as Schwajie. Sounds like they got some of the 32 kids to commit and some O'Reilly kids will move over. Sound familiar?

Buyer beware with Channy actually coaching your 2025. His name will look good on the tryout flyer though.

30 kids on Channys 2023 team... Nightmare scenario.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do teams like force, bluefish, outlaws, & true blue fit in the picture ?

2nd tier but but always about the coach and how much time they invest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats awful...23 should be the absolute max

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats awful...23 should be the absolute max

Even that is too much. Think about the #s for a second where each kid can get adequate playing time....not equal time.

5 Attack
8 Mids (3 complete lines is too much)
5-6 Def
Very rare for a team of this age to have 2 competent goalies, if so great.

Get on a team with more than 20, be prepared for some to ride the bench nearly the whole game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So those teams would be able to compete with teams like geese, crush, express & igloo ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to stop the exodus . Oreilly does a great job. They were telling people last year that They were going to make another Honey Badgers team for 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to stop the exodus . Oreilly does a great job. They were telling people last year that They were going to make another Honey Badgers team for 2025

If you want equal and fair playing time for kid, fundamental development, and just an all fun experience, then Orielly is your guy. I'll say this from a having experienced it first hand and that just ended yesterday with a fitting end to the season for the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

Just a loser troll. My kid is NOT on OReilly's team but has played them numerous times and they do just fine. Seems like a well coached team, good ball movement and good players. Always a good game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

Just a loser troll. My kid is NOT on OReilly's team but has played them numerous times and they do just fine. Seems like a well coached team, good ball movement and good players. Always a good game to watch.

Next year no one will be on his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

And everyone plays!!! Everyone plays to win, but if it means winning at all cost and having short bench, no thanks. It's should be fun. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GEESE just got SHOT DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

Here's the thing- if you know the coach, you know he plays first to develop the kids and that winning eventually comes along with development. He has a proven record over many years of starting kids off right and teaching them skill and the love of the game. He has many kids that he helped develop in their earlier years that are on D1 teams, as well as a few that are committed and also some that play for the top 2020 teams. He is not for everyone, but if you are looking for a coach that does it right at this age, he is a good choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? They stink!

Here's the thing- if you know the coach, you know he plays first to develop the kids and that winning eventually comes along with development. He has a proven record over many years of starting kids off right and teaching them skill and the love of the game. He has many kids that he helped develop in their earlier years that are on D1 teams, as well as a few that are committed and also some that play for the top 2020 teams. He is not for everyone, but if you are looking for a coach that does it right at this age, he is a good choice.

This is all well and fine, but the results are not satisfactory to the folks back at the home office. They need to win to fill the pockets of MC. That is why the office is floating the name of MC as the new coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GEESE just got SHOT DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

Who did they lose to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a father of a 2022, 2023 and 2025, let me tell you my observations. When my older boys were young, the boys in Orange had the most dominant teams, by a lot. They were the only really good team. As each year went past, things changed. Last weekend, my 2022 guys top orange team lost and the Orange B team won the A bracket. Both teams play second fiddle to express. This was inconceivable a few years ago. Smash was the best and no one else compared. Now they are in the mix with 4 teams. When my 2023 guy started, Bandits were the only good team. They're still the best, but they lost this season and are winning 1 goal games. There are now probably 5 really great teams in 2023. Again, 2 years ago no one would have believed it. Even the 2024 teams; Wolfpack used to be untouchable even last year. This year they've lost far more tourneys than they have won. Right now in our age group, Blast is the best. But, with the dynamic on that team with coaches and kids, that's going to change as more kids start playing travel in the next two years. So my advice is not to chase the top team. Find a coach who your son responds positively to and let the team be built over the next few seasons. If your son is a midfielder and is not top 4 in playing time or a second string attackman, he'll likely be replaced soon anyway. That's just the way it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a father of a 2022, 2023 and 2025, let me tell you my observations. When my older boys were young, the boys in Orange had the most dominant teams, by a lot. They were the only really good team. As each year went past, things changed. Last weekend, my 2022 guys top orange team lost and the Orange B team won the A bracket. Both teams play second fiddle to express. This was inconceivable a few years ago. Smash was the best and no one else compared. Now they are in the mix with 4 teams. When my 2023 guy started, Bandits were the only good team. They're still the best, but they lost this season and are winning 1 goal games. There are now probably 5 really great teams in 2023. Again, 2 years ago no one would have believed it. Even the 2024 teams; Wolfpack used to be untouchable even last year. This year they've lost far more tourneys than they have won. Right now in our age group, Blast is the best. But, with the dynamic on that team with coaches and kids, that's going to change as more kids start playing travel in the next two years. So my advice is not to chase the top team. Find a coach who your son responds positively to and let the team be built over the next few seasons. If your son is a midfielder and is not top 4 in playing time or a second string attackman, he'll likely be replaced soon anyway. That's just the way it works.

That's great advice. And parents this isn't a don't play A message. It's more know what you want for your kid. Every kid and coach is different and finding that match is most important, right now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking for advice on tryouts for next summer. My 2025 has been playing since K and I would classify him as an average player (not a superstar, but knows all the fundamentals and where to be....Good stick skills righty, needs improvement lefty). Got a taste of competition with town tourneys this year but for next season, he wants to play travel ball also.

He is not good enough right now to make a top club - I'm looking for an option that would give him some better coaching, let him continue play and improve.

Selfishly, I'm not looking to trek halfway across LI for practice. We are in southeast nassau

Starting to see tryout info for 24, bluefish, true blue that would be good options from a location standpoint. Any opinions on these or other clubs to consider? I also don't want to pay tryout fees if there is no realistic shot a club will have a team at this age group

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. OReilly is a great coach. Win or lose the Kids play a great game and always have fun. It is too bad there will be 2 teams next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking for advice on tryouts for next summer. My 2025 has been playing since K and I would classify him as an average player (not a superstar, but knows all the fundamentals and where to be....Good stick skills righty, needs improvement lefty). Got a taste of competition with town tourneys this year but for next season, he wants to play travel ball also.

He is not good enough right now to make a top club - I'm looking for an option that would give him some better coaching, let him continue play and improve.

Selfishly, I'm not looking to trek halfway across LI for practice. We are in southeast nassau

Starting to see tryout info for 24, bluefish, true blue that would be good options from a location standpoint. Any opinions on these or other clubs to consider? I also don't want to pay tryout fees if there is no realistic shot a club will have a team at this age group

Thanks
Bluefish and 24 didn't have teams at this age this year sp buyer beware. True Blue is decent but did just get destroyed 10-2 by Express O'Reilly on Sat after beating them a few hours before. Sound like wither program would be good for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. OReilly is a great coach. Win or lose the Kids play a great game and always have fun. It is too bad there will be 2 teams next season.

Channy needs a new boat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express brought up a couple of kids so they could win

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard