BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why were more teams added???! Especially rebels...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I said it on the 6th grade thread, and I'll say it here. On the girls side, for the first time I can remember, a L.I. Team didn't reach the finals in school girls because of all the parents and coaches using ther club affiliations to to advance the girls they deem worthy. For any parent to come on here and say that there is no politics involved, is the problem, and are usually the same parents you see screaming on the sideline for their kid to go to goal, and care about nothing but there kids stats. This unfortunately poisons their kid. If instead of coming on here pounding your chest about your kids club, and how your kid is more talented then every other kid, you should be encouraging your daughter to try to make the "weaker" kids stronger, no matter which, if f any club they play for. But because of you parents Long Island girls lacrosse as is slipping into mediocrity, and this age group is a major contributor. Yes the other regions got better, but not because they're better athletes, but because they play better lacrosse, not better me-crosse that we have started playing on the island. I said it before when I was a kid I was proud to play on L.I. Not for some greedy club director. What you people don't get why is if yore kid is really one of the best they need no club to get into school, and if your kid is average then the work it takes to get on a college team is the same no matter what club you play for. Congratulations this age group has started the slide into being the lacrosse footnote

Your whole statement shows what a moron you truly are. First its the politics being the reason these teams did not win then its that other regions are better and play a better brand of lacrosse. Could it be that other regions have more kids playing the game than they used to and are actually getting more competitive. Again another moron claiming politics yet please tell us the group that benefitted from these politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about ? LI Metro team 1 won Schoolgirls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said it on the 6th grade thread, and I'll say it here. On the girls side, for the first time I can remember, a L.I. Team didn't reach the finals in school girls because of all the parents and coaches using ther club affiliations to to advance the girls they deem worthy. For any parent to come on here and say that there is no politics involved, is the problem, and are usually the same parents you see screaming on the sideline for their kid to go to goal, and care about nothing but there kids stats. This unfortunately poisons their kid. If instead of coming on here pounding your chest about your kids club, and how your kid is more talented then every other kid, you should be encouraging your daughter to try to make the "weaker" kids stronger, no matter which, if f any club they play for. But because of you parents Long Island girls lacrosse as is slipping into mediocrity, and this age group is a major contributor. Yes the other regions got better, but not because they're better athletes, but because they play better lacrosse, not better me-crosse that we have started playing on the island. I said it before when I was a kid I was proud to play on L.I. Not for some greedy club director. What you people don't get why is if yore kid is really one of the best they need no club to get into school, and if your kid is average then the work it takes to get on a college team is the same no matter what club you play for. Congratulations this age group has started the slide into being the lacrosse footnote

Your whole statement shows what a moron you truly are. First its the politics being the reason these teams did not win then its that other regions are better and play a better brand of lacrosse. Could it be that other regions have more kids playing the game than they used to and are actually getting more competitive. Again another moron claiming politics yet please tell us the group that benefitted from these politics.
the 2 groups that lost at UA last week. But I he group that loses the most is the island as a whole because of nasty parents as yourself. You are the problem even more that the clubs and coaches, you're just to "moronic" to understand that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about ? LI Metro team 1 won Schoolgirls
sorry I ment UA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regard to the other regions getting better, more kids are playing and they are def getting better every year. That NE command team was very good, with that being said and making no excuses, they had kids from 7 diff states on the team. LI is more concentrated though, like in hs lax, md,va,nj,pa,and li have better teams due to their depth. Not looking to start any fights, lot of good teams and players around the country, and its only going to get better. Enjoy the kids and the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not over-react. LI Command was a stick-check away from winning the entire tournament. There was mixed talent on the team but that is always the case. They played very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not over-react. LI Command was a stick-check away from winning the entire tournament. There was mixed talent on the team but that is always the case. They played very well.

No question. I was surprised by the leap the West made. They were much better in both age groups this year. In 5 years, look out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI lost 3 games. They were inconsistent from game to game; too much me ball on offense (although lots of talent); mids and D didn't slide for each other and the goalies were just mediocre. No telling what would have happened if they hadn't been caught using an illegal stick. So let's not crown them champions but for the use of illegal equipment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. Had no idea how to play together since they only had one practice. Redeemed their first loss in the play-offs against a good DC team and should have redeemed their other loss to NE (eventual winner) when they were up by 2 with less than 2 minutes left. That game should have never gotten to an OT stick check, Do agree that there was mixed talent on the team and that hurts when you pretty much give everyone even playing time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. Had no idea how to play together since they only had one practice. Redeemed their first loss in the play-offs against a good DC team and should have redeemed their other loss to NE (eventual winner) when they were up by 2 with less than 2 minutes left. That game should have never gotten to an OT stick check, Do agree that there was mixed talent on the team and that hurts when you pretty much give everyone even playing time.
"Mixed talent" but let me guess, your kid was the best one, correct? The rest sucked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Mixed talent" but let me guess, your kid was the best one, correct? The rest sucked.

How many YJs on the team? assume they knew how to play together? what teams had more than 1 practice? Why r there ALWAYS excuses? If you lose 3 of 6 games, and the eventual champion goes 7-0, beating you twice including one time that wasn't much of a game 12-6 and wasn't ever really in doubt (yes the semi-final game could have gone either way and yes the NE team came back with only a few minutes to go but don't they deserve some credit for that?) don't you just tip your cap and say at least for this tournament "the better team won"? I think you will find it's cathartic. Very likely, the next tournament a group of LI girls will win, because they are great players and great competitors. It just wasn't this week. It's ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why were more teams added???! Especially rebels...

remember it's always about the money and you won't have to ask so many questions - the answer is always the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Disagree. Had no idea how to play together since they only had one practice. Redeemed their first loss in the play-offs against a good DC team and should have redeemed their other loss to NE (eventual winner) when they were up by 2 with less than 2 minutes left. That game should have never gotten to an OT stick check, Do agree that there was mixed talent on the team and that hurts when you pretty much give everyone even playing time.

BTW, that good DC team that you split with 7-8 & 10-9, played 3 other games. Those scores: 10-9 over NJ, 13-8 over Midwest and 14-8 over Southwest. That team that LI I guess shouldn't have lost too, NE, also played those 3 teams. The scores you ask? 18-9 and then 17-5 against NJ, 17-5 over Midwest and 19-6 over Southwest. I think the NE team was pretty darn good. Going by all the scores, the aberration was actually the tight game between LI and NE the 2nd time. All the other scores, including the 12-6 drubbing earlier in the tournament, point to NE being the best team in the tournament. Watched the DC team play twice, against LI and against Midwest, didn't think they were as good as you say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mitchell took a beating today. 8-1... How's everyone else doing at G8?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass elite not so well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mitchell took a beating today. 8-1... How's everyone else doing at G8?

Give them credit, the G8 has two top brackets in every age group, the Yellowjackets put all the B teams (Mitchell and other age groups) in top brackets. All the other clubs have their B teams in the B bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass elite not so well

How is that possible? I thought after last week at UA this team was going to turn some heads as posted by their biggest fan last week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass Elite a solid team. I saw them at National draw. But still a step behind the 3-5 top club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did take a hit the first game but played very well the rest of the weekend if you wanted the update because you seem concerned enough to to post the result

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They probably had to because they have like 5 teams per age group!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mass elite not so well

How is that possible? I thought after last week at UA this team was going to turn some heads as posted by their biggest fan last week.

Um no. As stated, they were going to have bigger rosters and play everyone and therefore likely wouldn't beat the other top teams. Skywalkers and Heros -- 5 subs apiece and one goalie. Mass Elite, 21 players and 3 goalies. Different model. What happened to Heroes btw? lost to Maryland United and Steps Blue? Two teams Mass Elite beat. Strange. Maybe the top 3-5 teams aren't as good as you think? Anyone care to comment on the Yellow Jackets top team only going 2-1-2? With the only two wins against the Rebels and South Jersey select?

The only team that appears to have actually stood out this weekend was M&D. Kudos to them. The rest of your daughter's teams, not so much. a lot of parity. So I think I might tone down the chest pounding a little.

Hysterical listening to the Heroes parents after they lost handily to Maryland United. Goalie dad actually yelling at his daughter from the sidelines berating her for letting in a "soft" goal. Rather pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not as pathetic as posting at 1:38 am. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you had to take the time to write that? and you r questioning someone else's life? suppose you don't see the irony.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad M&D didn't beat YJ in time to win backpacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do know some people work at night, or work a swing shift at places like hospitals, firemen, police officers, or even as construction workers? Just because someone does not fit into one of your narrow minded little pigeon holes does not make them "pathetic", but your statement definitely makes you ignorant, and pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't BotC designed to talk about ALL ages of travel lax?...because a poster says something about girls lax, he is pathetic?....not the original poster, but cmon'..that's your best retort?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the major teams are at the IWLCA STX Capital Cup in VA this weekend. Whoever comes out of this one with the 'ship is true champion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the major teams are at the IWLCA STX Capital Cup in VA this weekend. Whoever comes out of this one with the 'ship is true champion.

No "'ship" in the Capital Cup. It's a showcase only...for recruitable aged players. LOTS of college coaches who DO NOT care who's winning or what the score is, as it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame has reall accelerated their recruting timeline even compared to last year. For the 2018s, they did not have their first commit by design (wouldn't take commits) before their big recruit weekend the first weekend of September of the girls sophomore year. As of today, they have at least 5 2019 commits that I know of and are published on club websites - 3 from STEPS (one not published yet), 1 from YJs, and one from BBL in NJ. Amazing how things have accelerated. Sure hope the proposed legislation gets passed to push back the timeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame has reall accelerated their recruting timeline even compared to last year. For the 2018s, they did not have their first commit by design (wouldn't take commits) before their big recruit weekend the first weekend of September of the girls sophomore year. As of today, they have at least 5 2019 commits that I know of and are published on club websites - 3 from STEPS (one not published yet), 1 from YJs, and one from BBL in NJ. Amazing how things have accelerated. Sure hope the proposed legislation gets passed to push back the timeline.

Then there is 6 because possibly their best one is from Massachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friend asked me and honestly I don't know as I don't have a daughter in this age group. Her daughter is on TG 2019 and is looking to switch. She said she was watching Liberty Black at Capital Cup and said they beat some good teams (NEMS, STEPS, etc.) and looked very good. How does Liberty Black 19 compare to YJ and other top teams in MD. She said Liberty 2019 is probably the 2nd best team on LI and was considering a move?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way 2nd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Liberty mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any team coached by one of the top 10 HS program coach's is probably a pretty decent travel team, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any team coached by one of the top 10 HS program coach's is probably a pretty decent travel team, no?

Whether any program is right for you is a personal decision based on a lot of factors but Liberty was a great choice for us and our daughter. As far as coaching, DG is absolutely a top coach who is certainly more experienced and on top of the game than many college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having DG as my daughters coach would be a godsend....our coach mailed it in this year...torture..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friend asked me and honestly I don't know as I don't have a daughter in this age group. Her daughter is on TG 2019 and is looking to switch. She said she was watching Liberty Black at Capital Cup and said they beat some good teams (NEMS, STEPS, etc.) and looked very good. How does Liberty Black 19 compare to YJ and other top teams in MD. She said Liberty 2019 is probably the 2nd best team on LI and was considering a move?

Liberty was at capital cup? And what tg team? Black? Purple?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity 10, YJ Gold(?) 6.

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard