BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appeared that the rotations were limited. They even rotated their big middle to defense rather than take her out of the game. Interesting that 4 or 5 girls would not play at all

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like legacy will have another shot at YJ Skak this weekend. Anyone predicting a much closer game this time around?

YJ is a solid team, and Legacy as any team would, hopes to play well against them, but expectations are realistic, but hopeful. The team hopes to improve in areas that they struggled last time. And if you want to measure yourself this is a good team to do it against. Not to be overlooked is the other teams they play. Not much is known of the Igloo team, and no one is expecting them to roll over.

This is the Legacy girls tryout for YJ. There are 2 that will probably playing for Skak next year. Keep an eye on who the top YJ girls are matched up agaisnt and you will know who they want.

Only one who's good enough, and the other's parents think she's good enough but needs stuck work.

They are both coming over its already done. They want their size and speed plus stick work can be improved with practice.

What positions do these girls play?

Didn't see any offensive players who had were even close to good enough to make YJ Skak, maybe a defender or two had skills close to YJ girls, but no one that really stood out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are both coming over its already done. They want their size and speed plus stick work can be improved with practice. [/quote]

What positions do these girls play? [/quote]

Didn't see any offensive players who had were even close to good enough to make YJ Skak, maybe a defender or two had skills close to YJ girls, but no one that really stood out. [/quote]

Keep telling yourself that hoping others believe it. Hopefully your daughter is not of the ones who gets replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D came back from 2 goals down to beat Sky Walkers by a couple in the Club National chamampionship game in Boyds, MD. SW. 21 Blue had 2 field subs, M&D 10. Great game, SW just ran out of gas in the 2nd half. It's going to be fun watching these girls compete next year

Sounds like a great game by two top teams but while you guys were duking it out in MD, Skak was mopping up the competition at the "best" LI tournament. There's no doubt after today which team reigns supreme on LI.

Who are Castellane/Raso ? Was Skak replaced or just not available today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appeared that the rotations were limited. They even rotated their big middle to defense rather than take her out of the game. Interesting that 4 or 5 girls would not play at all

Worry about you own team and the Skywalkers parent that yelled at the M&D girls that "this is the team that's gonna kick your asses". Stay classy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are both coming over its already done. They want their size and speed plus stick work can be improved with practice.

What positions do these girls play? [/quote]

Didn't see any offensive players who had were even close to good enough to make YJ Skak, maybe a defender or two had skills close to YJ girls, but no one that really stood out. [/quote]

Keep telling yourself that hoping others believe it. Hopefully your daughter is not of the ones who gets replaced.

[/quote]
Well if my daughter gets replaced, it won't be by anyone from that team. Our 2nd team has more talent and disaplined players on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes you wonder if it's worth it to play for a club like M&D. Sure it's nice to have that affiliation with what's considered to be the top team in the country, but it certainly can't be much fun for the girls who spend the majority of the game watching. Whether they realize it or not, it establishes a pecking order among the girls. It has to be frustrating for them to know that they could be playing a ton of minutes elsewhere but instead they're stuck on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Well if my daughter gets replaced, it won't be by anyone from that team. Our 2nd team has more talent and disaplined players on it. [/quote]

The only thing your second team has is a great coach. There are no girls on that team that will be moving up if she finds what she needs on the outside. It's no secret they are aggressively looking to fill a few key spots and shake things up. Leg would have spanked this team hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's definitely more worth it: to the parents rather than their daughters. They get to be "someone" for the weekend while their daughters potential is under utilized. God, they are a treat to watch. Not just M and D, but many of the other "name" clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes you wonder if it's worth it to play for a club like M&D. Sure it's nice to have that affiliation with what's considered to be the top team in the country, but it certainly can't be much fun for the girls who spend the majority of the game watching. Whether they realize it or not, it establishes a pecking order among the girls. It has to be frustrating for them to know that they could be playing a ton of minutes elsewhere but instead they're stuck on the sideline.

I agree 100% with the comment about "pecking order among the girls". When a team typically does not play all the girls on a team, with the emphasis on winning every game (like it matters), a pecking order does get established. I've been on many sidelines through the years, and as soon as a usual starter does not start or a player that typically plays almost 100% of a game comes out, the girls start talking. And, even worse, the parents start talking..."Why is Susie Superstar coming out/didn't start? I wonder what she did?" It's a cancerous path to go down, unless the team's emphasis is on winning. What that tells me is that the team admin is only using the "lesser talented" players as a way to pad their pockets with extra $$$.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a very reliable source...the word on the street is the director of MD United is starting a new club in Florida, possibly dumping the MD club. Since she is a business person ony, this is not a surprise. She stopped helping her girls get recruited after thec2015 class.

Who cares?

Lots of delusional parents should care. Here in MD they think that the "director" of Md United really cares for their little Susie Superstar, when in fact, she couldn't care less about them. These delusional parents move their kid from one program or another to go to Md United, after taking the bait of the sell-job that BA gave them. Now,it looks like her total lack of concern for her players has reached a new level. And, by the way, this lack of concern for the players is not unique to her or the Maryland clubs. I know YJ's director's bad reputation reaches far and wide. We should all care.

Who is the one who is delusional? This club basher is delusional and obviously has an agenda. Pretty sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all good until their daughter is bumped off the team by new talent added to the club after tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your concern. First off, there were not 4 or 5 girls that didn't play at all in the championship. There were a couple in that game that did not play. Those girls also started and played most of some of the other games this weekend. M&D makes no secret that they are at every tournament to win and playing time is determined by how you played in practices leading up to that weekend and that playing time in the playoffs is determined by who played the best that weekend. Playing time changes throughout the year for girls based on the work they put in and their development. This is explained from the very beginning when you join. No one is forcing any girl to be on M&D. If they feel like they would be better off playing for someone else and playing more minutes they are free to do so. And as far as pecking order on the team, you have no idea what you are talking about. This is as close a team as you will ever see. And they play like it. The coach wouldn't allow it to be otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a very reliable source...the word on the street is the director of MD United is starting a new club in Florida, possibly dumping the MD club. Since she is a business person ony, this is not a surprise. She stopped helping her girls get recruited after thec2015 class.

Who cares?

Lots of delusional parents should care. Here in MD they think that the "director" of Md United really cares for their little Susie Superstar, when in fact, she couldn't care less about them. These delusional parents move their kid from one program or another to go to Md United, after taking the bait of the sell-job that BA gave them. Now,it looks like her total lack of concern for her players has reached a new level. And, by the way, this lack of concern for the players is not unique to her or the Maryland clubs. I know YJ's director's bad reputation reaches far and wide. We should all care.

Who is the one who is delusional? This club basher is delusional and obviously has an agenda. Pretty sad.

You guys are starting to actually sound worse then LI parents! Don't you have your own MD forum you can post this nonsense to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D came back from 2 goals down to beat Sky Walkers by a couple in the Club National chamampionship game in Boyds, MD. SW. 21 Blue had 2 field subs, M&D 10. Great game, SW just ran out of gas in the 2nd half. It's going to be fun watching these girls compete next year

Sounds like a great game by two top teams but while you guys were duking it out in MD, Skak was mopping up the competition at the "best" LI tournament. There's no doubt after today which team reigns supreme on LI.

It was nice not to pay tolls and sleep in your own bed. The girls had fun and saw some friends from neighboring clubs. Really no need for the" Mopping Up
Comment"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want everybody to know how disappointed and furious I am at one of the M&D parents. In the Skywalker game yesterday, one of the M&D fathers was on the sideline directly across from the Skywalker goalie. He was yelling at the SW goalie telling her that she's awful, she's terrible, and she can't stop any goals. What kind of awful human being would yell that at a 13-year-old girl? Is the win worth it? Are you that type of a bully with all the teams that you play against? I sincerely hope that this is not an example of all M&D parents.
The game was too amazing and exciting to watch for a parent to degrade like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want everybody to know how disappointed and furious I am at one of the M&D parents. In the Skywalker game yesterday, one of the M&D fathers was on the sideline directly across from the Skywalker goalie. He was yelling at the SW goalie telling her that she's awful, she's terrible, and she can't stop any goals. What kind of awful human being would yell that at a 13-year-old girl? Is the win worth it? Are you that type of a bully with all the teams that you play against? I sincerely hope that this is not an example of all M&D parents.
The game was too amazing and exciting to watch for a parent to degrade like that.

That is an absolute lie and you should be ashamed of yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Well if my daughter gets replaced, it won't be by anyone from that team. Our 2nd team has more talent and disaplined players on it. [/quote]

I hate to break it to you but your second team stinks. Of all the girls that got demoted last year the best ones left for other A teams and of the girls that thought they should have been pulled up left for other A teams. So what's left? A few above average girls and a lot of C players. The only reason this team is winning games is because they are playing in the lowest possible brackets against the weakest teams. The gap between the top team and second team is huge. This is what's happening across all clubs because parents can accept being on a b team. same can be sad for M&D and Hereos. Everyone needs to be on an A team nowadays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having watched the Skywalker parents be total low life's and going on the field after the ref (right Mr. And Mrs, FAA, threatening the ref that he'll never fly again, after he told you and your husband to shut up with the nonsense you were spewing, then your tough guy husband went after two ladies who said everyone should calm down and verbally cursed them out, maybe we should dig out the video of your tantrum and post it on YouTube, so the people can see it for themselves). I highly doubt based on credibility alone. Totally laughable group of Cry out loud parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having watched the Skywalker parents be total low life's and going on the field after the ref (right Mr. And Mrs, FAA, threatening the ref that he'll never fly again, after he told you and your husband to shut up with the nonsense you were spewing, then your tough guy husband went after two ladies who said everyone should calm down and verbally cursed them out, maybe we should dig out the video of your tantrum and post it on YouTube, so the people can see it for themselves). I highly doubt based on credibility alone. Totally laughable group of Cry out loud parents.

The parents of this M&D team are very positive towards all the girls they play. Especially opposing goalies. You will here parents yelling good save to the other goalies time and time again. No parent on the team would ever put down an opposing player. If they did and word got back to the coach there would be [lacrosse] to pay.

Maybe the Skywalkers parents should worry about their own that our telling 13 yr old girls that they are going to get their "Asses Kicked" during warm-ups. That actually did happen as opposed to the lie you put on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, can't wait to have my daughter try out for either of your teams. What a disgrace. How old are you??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like legacy will have another shot at YJ Skak this weekend. Anyone predicting a much closer game this time around?

Only if they are flying in the the girls from M&D Black?

YJ is a solid team, and Legacy as any team would, hopes to play well against them, but expectations are realistic, but hopeful. The team hopes to improve in areas that they struggled last time. And if you want to measure yourself this is a good team to do it against. Not to be overlooked is the other teams they play. Not much is known of the Igloo team, and no one is expecting them to roll over.

This is the Legacy girls tryout for YJ. There are 2 that will probably playing for Skak next year. Keep an eye on who the top YJ girls are matched up agaisnt and you will know who they want.

YJ will likely bring in about 4 new players this year. Just like they did last year, just as they will do next year. At least 1 or 2 will be from lower YJ teams, and yes many of those girls are more talented than most other LI clubs top teams. That leaves room for a couple or few from other clubs. The new addition girls are always welcomed, fit right in and mostly do very well. The competition for spots is between the new girls trying out, and I know of many of the very top girls from nearly every team are trying out. Every girl in this age group is a known commodity at this point. If there already was a back room deal for the two that you are talking about, so be it. But I would be surprised because I know of several top girls from several clubs planning on trying out who are way ahead of what I saw on the field. There are extremely fast, high IQ girls already extremely polished that can make an instant impact who will be looking to try out too. Every team Skak played this weekend there was talk of look out for this girl and that, they will be trying out this year. The few best players interested were not even at this tournament this weekend. Who ever makes the team, I'm sure it will make the team better and the girls and parents will look forward to welcoming them in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, can't wait to have my daughter try out for either of your teams. What a disgrace. How old are you??

You'll be missed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like legacy will have another shot at YJ Skak this weekend. Anyone predicting a much closer game this time around?

YJ will likely bring in about 4 new players this year. Just like they did last year, just as they will do next year. At least 1 or 2 will be from lower YJ teams, and yes many of those girls are more talented than most other LI clubs top teams. That leaves room for a couple or few from other clubs. The new addition girls are always welcomed, fit right in and mostly do very well. The competition for spots is between the new girls trying out, and I know of many of the very top girls from nearly every team are trying out. Every girl in this age group is a known commodity at this point. If there already was a back room deal for the two that you are talking about, so be it. But I would be surprised because I know of several top girls from several clubs planning on trying out who are way ahead of what I saw on the field. There are extremely fast, high IQ girls already extremely polished that can make an instant impact who will be looking to try out too. Every team Skak played this weekend there was talk of look out for this girl and that, they will be trying out this year. The few best players interested were not even at this tournament this weekend. Who ever makes the team, I'm sure it will make the team better and the girls and parents will look forward to welcoming them in.

Says the man momma of the elite player thinking she is deserving of a spot on YJ. First you have to show up at tryouts, and I mean do something.......we'll see!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And guess what, this will equal more of the same! Beginning to think CR no longer cares about winning and being elite. Pulling up 2 non impact players and finding 2 on the outside will have no effect. Sorry but just calling it as I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way... How many of those M&D girls will be playing on the older team when US Lacrosse enforces the 9/1/2002 - 8/31/2003 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way... How many of those M&D girls will be playing on the older team when US Lacrosse enforces the 9/1/2002 - 8/31/2003 age group?

Two things. The answer to your question is 1. I assume you are a LI parent that buys the line of crap that you are fed by your club directors as to why you are losing to the teams from MD. Girls don't repeat grades like boys do, so you need to come up with another excuse. Maybe if the LI club directors could get along and start a spring league like MD has it would help. Instead, you guys choose to create and feed into a terrible lacrosse environment that helps no one other than parent egos.

Secondly, US Lacrosse has not power to enforce that. Those are just guidelines. Just like the guidelines were U9, U11, etc up until these new guidelines were released. They can only enforce those ages at tournaments they run and nobody goes to any of those anyway. Other than YJ and TG flying all over the country every year to play each other at the U15s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to TE family on their undefeated win this weekend! Safe travels home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure M&D dad, the unofficial defender of America's Team, will be along with the numbers shortly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about cancelling insurance for any girl that does not meet the age requirement. US Lacrosse can influence the make-up of teams pretty quickly that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about the parents from the M&D and Skywalker's game. Let's just appreciate that it was a fun game to watch and we finally have some competition. It hasn't been exciting without real competition. Hopefully Heros and Yellow Jackets will make some changes in the off-season to catch up with Skywalkers and us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about the parents from the M&D and Skywalker's game. Let's just appreciate that it was a fun game to watch and we finally have some competition. It hasn't been exciting without real competition. Hopefully Heros and Yellow Jackets will make some changes in the off-season to catch up with Skywalkers and us.

Um...Heros just beat Skywalkers at LFTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um...Heros just beat Skywalkers at LFTC

Heros parents replying to Heros parents (pretending to be M&D parenrs). This forum is interesting and slightly psychotic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one change that Heros is fixing to make that will help them for sure. Hint: We can take our earplugd out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Skywalker team that Heros beat at the LFTC was running on fumes by the time Heros played them. Skywalkers had already beaten Yellow Jackets and Stars earlier in the day. They also only had two subs. So how did Heros do against us?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Skywalker team that Heros beat at the LFTC was running on fumes by the time Heros played them. Skywalkers had already beaten Yellow Jackets and Stars earlier in the day. They also only had two subs. So how did Heros do against us?

Us? You're funny. You really think people believe you are an M&D parent? Considering M&D didn't lose a game all year, I guess Heros did the same as everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And guess what, this will equal more of the same! Beginning to think CR no longer cares about winning and being elite. Pulling up 2 non impact players and finding 2 on the outside will have no effect. Sorry but just calling it as I see it.

Would equal more of the same? The team would sign up for that. They don't need to do anything drastic at try outs to create whatever effect you are looking for. Only three teams in the nation have ever beaten this team, they are all top teams and we beat them too. It is an exchange of wins and losses among the top teams. The team plays in all the top brackets at the top tournaments. They play probably 15-20 games against the top 5 teams in the nation through out the summer season. I am surprised they don't have more losses over the years as you would expect an even exchange of wins and losses as the top teams mix it up.

My guess is you are on here crying that the sky is falling because you are either jealous or looking to create waves of change to better your daughters chances of making the roster. You seem to think this team is so far out of contention that only exchanging 4 players isn't enough to save this team. You think that insulting CR, saying CR no longer cares about winning and being elite will spark her into action to make massive roster changes to a team that only needs some small tweaking, just like every team, every year needs small tweaking. If your daughter is trying out, I hope she is good, I hope she does make it and helps improve the team, we are always looking to better the team. There is no need to bash the team, they are not perfect, they have lost a few games, as has all the other top teams. Only one team has lost fewer, M&D, believe me, the sky is not falling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ONLY tweak I could see to Skak would be that their D needs to be bigger. They are consistently outmatched size wise and it's beginning to become an issue. They have several smaller girls on D, one is an absolute bulldog that makes up for her lack of size with insane tenacity. She is a fantastic player. But perhaps it's time to look for some taller, bigger D players on B or C that can move up? Or on one of the outside clubs (Express)? They seem to be having a hard time matching up against the bigger MD clubs. Just a thought. They are still a fantastic team, second best behind M&D. Nothing major needs to be done at all, they're all great players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ONLY tweak I could see to Skak would be that their D needs to be bigger. They are consistently outmatched size wise and it's beginning to become an issue. They have several smaller girls on D, one is an absolute bulldog that makes up for her lack of size with insane tenacity. She is a fantastic player. But perhaps it's time to look for some taller, bigger D players on B or C that can move up? Or on one of the outside clubs (Express)? They seem to be having a hard time matching up against the bigger MD clubs. Just a thought. They are still a fantastic team, second best behind M&D. Nothing major needs to be done at all, they're all great players.

I think you are 100% spot on and Skak should swap out All the D (except your daughter the bulldog) with girls on the B and C team and this team will be rolling along and mowing down the MD teams once again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are 100% spot on and Skak should swap out All the D (except your daughter the bulldog) with girls on the B and C team and this team will be rolling along and mowing down the MD teams once again.

No, but nice try with the sarcasm. My daughter is an attack on Bert's team so I could care less that you're getting manhandled on D by the bigger MD teams. If you can't see that as an "A" team parent then you're not watching close enough. I watched both games at LFTC (M&D and SW) and that stood out. There is a size mismatch in your zone, your D are all fantastic defenders but sometimes you can't do anything when a bigger girls wants the ball. There's a reason that the saying "you can't teach size" fits no matter what sport you're playing.

Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard