BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 128 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice article in SI that talks about lackluster results of early recruiting. NCAA will eventually establish rules about it and attach penalties but colleges will continue to do it because it's a no lose for them. Most of these early recruits don't pan out based on the numbers. Main take away is that it puts an incredible amount of pressure on 14 year old kids. Imagine hearing this from your freshmen year in high school until Senior year. " Remember, your scholarship depends on your performance and u have to show up every game. " It will weigh most of these early recruits down.

Well the college guys see this as a good thing if they could not handle it they would of never been able to handle big time college sports. So to the college guys they see it as a weeding out process.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid and his father are going to hem and haw about running over younger kids they get what they deserve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not a good thing because many of these kids develop at ages 17-20 years of age. Don't want pressure to beat them down early. They looked at this in NCAA Championship game for football. Looked at starting 44 players. 1 player was a rivals 5 Star recruit. Stay hungry,stay humble, and keep working hard. Top players now aren't star players in college in many cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His father is a loudmouth - the big guy - run through that - turn and rip. All the critiques are valid - big - mediocre player that has trouble beating younger kids. Yawn.

Don't know the kid or father. I do know that you are anonymously posting negative stuff about a kid. You are chicken sh$t

I didn't post what you are referring to but again, no one is saying anything negative, just stating what they see, how he plays/performs. I do not see anything wrong with that, no one is name calling/belittling him or being an [lacrosse] about it. But I do know one thing that is true, his father is a real piece of work, yep, a load mouth and post really stupid crap on Facebook. Crabs will no longer have to deal with him, FCA will. Even though he has committed to UNC there is no guarantee that he will get any solid worthwhile offer come signing time. UNC coach has time to revisit his decision and who knows what can happen. If I were the UNC coach I would have backed away, just because of his father. Lot of coaches don't want to put up with parents like that.

If the player does leave crabs and plays for FCA he will get coached for the first time in a long time. I would bet on the player who has athletic ability and gets coached instead of what I have seen with the crabs. Not sure what to call it.

Of course he is leaving Crabs for FCA, he is going to Calvert Hall after all....when are people going to learn that the FCA program hides behind the religious BS but is really a recruiting effort for Calvert Hall that only serves to fuel the over inflated egos of the family that started FCA and coaches Calvert Hall. The huddles are garbage, the religion is a front and the head coach will promise anything to help win a championship for his sons and nephews. The above referenced kid is a good player, I don't know the father, but ultimately, the child is a pawn for the Calvert Hall coach. They might as well change FCA to Cardinals Lacrosse Club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His father is a loudmouth - the big guy - run through that - turn and rip. All the critiques are valid - big - mediocre player that has trouble beating younger kids. Yawn.

Don't know the kid or father. I do know that you are anonymously posting negative stuff about a kid. You are chicken sh$t

I didn't post what you are referring to but again, no one is saying anything negative, just stating what they see, how he plays/performs. I do not see anything wrong with that, no one is name calling/belittling him or being an [lacrosse] about it. But I do know one thing that is true, his father is a real piece of work, yep, a load mouth and post really stupid crap on Facebook. Crabs will no longer have to deal with him, FCA will. Even though he has committed to UNC there is no guarantee that he will get any solid worthwhile offer come signing time. UNC coach has time to revisit his decision and who knows what can happen. If I were the UNC coach I would have backed away, just because of his father. Lot of coaches don't want to put up with parents like that.

If the player does leave crabs and plays for FCA he will get coached for the first time in a long time. I would bet on the player who has athletic ability and gets coached instead of what I have seen with the crabs. Not sure what to call it.

Of course he is leaving Crabs for FCA, he is going to Calvert Hall after all....when are people going to learn that the FCA program hides behind the religious BS but is really a recruiting effort for Calvert Hall that only serves to fuel the over inflated egos of the family that started FCA and coaches Calvert Hall. The huddles are garbage, the religion is a front and the head coach will promise anything to help win a championship for his sons and nephews. The above referenced kid is a good player, I don't know the father, but ultimately, the child is a pawn for the Calvert Hall coach. They might as well change FCA to Cardinals Lacrosse Club

Wow..That is a strong statement!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not a good thing because many of these kids develop at ages 17-20 years of age. Don't want pressure to beat them down early. They looked at this in NCAA Championship game for football. Looked at starting 44 players. 1 player was a rivals 5 Star recruit. Stay hungry,stay humble, and keep working hard. Top players now aren't star players in college in many cases.

Can someone fact check this please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 4/5-stars 2/3-stars
Alabama starters 16 8
Clemson starters 12 12
Alabama 2-deep 36 12
Clemson 2-deep 23 25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many were 5 STARS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 47% of Clemson team are ranked (blue chip) recruits. More facts that support late bloomers. Now in lacrosse, UNC was loaded with UA All Americans. they were not great team throughout season but pulled it all together for NCAAs. But looking at Brown and Navy they were stacked with " unknown "kids. Simply put...who cares about 8th grade Club lacrosse. Most of these kids aren't playing at next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 47% of Clemson team are ranked (blue chip) recruits. More facts that support late bloomers. Now in lacrosse, UNC was loaded with UA All Americans. they were not great team throughout season but pulled it all together for NCAAs. But looking at Brown and Navy they were stacked with " unknown "kids. Simply put...who cares about 8th grade Club lacrosse. Most of these kids aren't playing at next level.

But what this does say that in a sport like football where they overall do not recruit early they still do not hit on all the Kids. Recruiting is not a fool proof science. Its like picking stocks. You have to hedge your bets by adding up all the current details and hope it works out. But what I think lacrosse does that hurts them the most is they over value kids from the top private high schools. Kids playing at these schools do correctly have a higher lacrosse IQ. Which in turn makes them look better then what there body can really do. If lacrosse coaches switch to a more football mind set and recruit to a body type and look at the parents for a possible growth pattern they would be better off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed...lots of non athletes playing high level lacrosse because they possess stick skills and IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the Crabs get shut out of the NapTown lacrosse challenge? What other clubs should of been invite beside the Crabs? Did you see the finals for all three Div. will be on CSN HD TV. What did the Crabs do to make the Hawks owner mad to not let them in his big fancy TV tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the Crabs get shut out of the NapTown lacrosse challenge? What other clubs should of been invite beside the Crabs? Did you see the finals for all three Div. will be on CSN HD TV. What did the Crabs do to make the Hawks owner mad to not let them in his big fancy TV tournament?

Sorry this is not a Hawks tournament they are not even in it. I just assumed because it was in Annapolis Maryland the Hawks where part of it. LOL. So what club is behind this tournament. I see a Sweetlax team in each Div?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For one thing...PRICE WAS SILLY!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't imagine any reason they would voluntarily not do this tournament. Perhaps there were some age cutoffs they could not meet? I've got my DVR set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry this is not a Hawks tournament they are not even in it. I just assumed because it was in Annapolis Maryland the Hawks where part of it. LOL. So what club is behind this tournament. I see a Sweetlax team in each Div?

Hawks are in it per schedule. Matt Hogan and Dave Cottle are behind it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok sorry again I just checked more closely the Hawks are playing in all 3 divs. So back to the original question? What did the crabs do to make the Hawks owner mad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok sorry again I just checked more closely the Hawks are playing in all 3 divs. So back to the original question? What did the crabs do to make the Hawks owner mad?

The amount of money grabs is becoming sickening....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because nobody wants to pay 10.00 to watch youth lacrosse? Taking money maker to a whole new level. The best teams are not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because nobody wants to pay 10.00 to watch youth lacrosse? Taking money maker to a whole new level. The best teams are not there.

Someone has to pay to rent out Navy Marine Corps Stadium

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No good teams? 2020 - 91 NY, FCA, Hawks, LI Express, Next Level...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No good teams? 2020 - 91 NY, FCA, Hawks, LI Express, Next Level...

There are lots of good teams in all three grades. Maybe he can tell us what better teams where left off. I already said Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. There are 4 good teams at Naptown. Hawks/Next Level/FCA/Sweetlax. Team 90 plus 1 is not Crush, and LI Express A team is playing at Inside Lacrosse with Looneys, 90 plus 1 MD, NH Tomahawks, and Legacy Taz.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are a 2018/19 team - not even worth discussing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. There are 4 good teams at Naptown. Hawks/Next Level/FCA/Sweetlax. Team 90 plus 1 is not Crush, and LI Express A team is playing at Inside Lacrosse with Looneys, 90 plus 1 MD, NH Tomahawks, and Legacy Taz.

LI Express A team is in Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all know some great teams where left off this tournament. But the real question was who and why? Was it owners egos, price, or what. But you would assume a tournament that is going to be on real TV, would attract the best of the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all know some great teams where left off this tournament. But the real question was who and why? Was it owners egos, price, or what. But you would assume a tournament that is going to be on real TV, would attract the best of the best

Sounds more like a failed attempt at another money grab. Maybe parents and club coaches are wising up. I have a Crabs kid and Im glad were not playing in this. Would rather have the weekend off at this point in the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 kids having driving school during the week. They couldn't swing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close to 50 teams in three grade brackets and championships on TV at USNA stadium. Yeah - sounds like a total failure.

Thank God the Crabs aren't it - I've seen enough of their loudmouth owner and parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 91 NY team is it? I just looked at the Inside Lacrosse schedule and Crush isn't playing there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps organizers want to ensure their teams make it to the televised games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone has to pay to rent out Navy Marine Corps Stadium

all the best teams were invited! Including Crabs , might want to ask your club owners why they are not in the biggest event for these kids to date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds more like a failed attempt at another money grab. Maybe parents and club coaches are wising up. I have a Crabs kid and Im glad were not playing in this. Would rather have the weekend off at this point in the season.

Is that a joke? Ask your son and I'm sure he his pissed that his team is not playing in this great event . Best event for these age groups in Maryland this year. Instead of bashing a good event that is just starting in this area for the exposure of your boy and every other high schooler, ask your director why he failed your kid . Don't come on here talking about money grabbing either when your sons club is notorious for such acts.

I hope everyone sees all the great lacrosse teachers and community of lacrosse that is behind this event . Great exposure for these kids and their clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps organizers want to ensure their teams make it to the televised games?

perhaps organizers invited all and those that did not come have some explaining to their teams and parents. Or maybe they simply are at another event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight but reading some of these entries verifies just how many of you people are true [lacrosse] bags. The tournament will allow 6 teams to play at Navy Marine (this is where some turd will bag on the Academy) and have the novel opportunity to play on TV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight but reading some of these entries verifies just how many of you people are true [lacrosse] bags. The tournament will allow 6 teams to play at Navy Marine (this is where some turd will bag on the Academy) and have the novel opportunity to play on TV.

I agree I never thought when I brought this tournament up anyone would talk bad about it. But of course some did. I thought people would be mad because they where told no or not ask to play in it. But this tournament and its perks are as good as high school travel tournaments can be. Thats why I wanted to talk about who is not there and how come they where not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree I never thought when I brought this tournament up anyone would talk bad about it. But of course some did. I thought people would be mad because they where told no or not ask to play in it. But this tournament and its perks are as good as high school travel tournaments can be. Thats why I wanted to talk about who is not there and how come they where not.

$10 gate fee says it all. #itsnotaboutthekidsitsaboutourpockets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no $10 gate fee, I have no idea what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait. you have to pay to see a club game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a silly statement, that stadium doesn't rent it itself. the banquet for all players with seedings announced was a nice touch. having d1 coaches address the players another ice touch. the crabby patties deciding not to show, the icing on the cake

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 128 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard