BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Long Island Jesters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for the 2017 Jesters this past year. Lots of confusion with the coaching and the teams. Friend of mines son played on the Express Korwan team and he was telling me that a good deal of the kids from that team are possibly jumping ship and joining the Jesters to form a AA team with some of the existing Jesters kids. Anyone know anything about this. Interesting idea.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is considering trying out. What tournaments is the 2015 team expected to attend next summer? What tournaments did the current 2014 team attend this past summer and is it expected to be the same for 2015 next summer? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea when tryouts are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing September. Every one is trying to get them done in early.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what i have heard from parents of the boys that play for the jesters they run a good program and the director is a class act. I will say this. The jesters orga nization is desperately trying to have the same name recognition as some of the big name clubs. This was apparent at the nationals in florida last weekend. They ran some of the kids into the ground while others sat on the bench. They played the kids that i guess they assumed gave them the best chance at winning. Recipe for disaster. If you picked them you play them. Dont let winning be your only concern to advance the name of the club. My son does not play for them but i watched them lose a close game in florida that they should have won.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters Tryout information is posted on their site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it when clubs dont advertise fees upfront, or the cost. BOTC should ask for transparency to get the fees list upfront. I do remenber a post as such or am I wrong

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love it when clubs dont advertise fees upfront, or the cost. BOTC should ask for transparency to get the fees list upfront. I do remenber a post as such or am I wrong
You are correct. Last year, BOTC covered tryouts later in the cycle which allowed greater fee disclosure but some parents mentioned to us that they did not have sufficient planning time.

This year, we have started covering tryouts sooner - and all include the tryout details (fees) - but some tournament/cost information is still emerging. So, to help parents with the schedules and planning, we have lost some of the early estimates on full season pricing. BOTC will post the individual tryout information additions once they are available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
You are correct. Last year, BOTC covered tryouts later in the cycle which allowed greater fee disclosure but some parents mentioned to us that they did not have sufficient planning time.

This year, we have started covering tryouts sooner - and all include the tryout details (fees) - but some tournament/cost information is still emerging. So, to help parents with the schedules and planning, we have lost some of the early estimates on full season pricing. BOTC will post the individual tryout information additions once they are available.

WOULD LOVE A CHART or TABLE WITH EVERYONE POSTED. Will really expose some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

WOULD LOVE A CHART or TABLE WITH EVERYONE POSTED. Will really expose some.
What if people just don't sign up for the tryouts until all the 2013 details are available so then when those dates come and go would force these clubs to disclose what they will charge and provide. I think some just wait to determine the final price so they know they have the profits they are looking for. Who buys services like that?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out there new web site its cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree everything should be disclosed its not all about the money its about the kids wake parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a parent ask BOTC to do their homework. If you are interested in a lacrosse organization do your OWN homework and inquire about the fee for the year this way you know for sure. As important as the fee is the quality of the coaching is more important not the pictures on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what ive heard they are a little cheaper than some of the organizations. I think they were 1100 last year. Bottom line is, Rich is a class act and he runs a nice program. Im going to give it a shot this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for the Jesters now for 2 years. We were one of the parents that left the express after Chanenchuk messed around with the selection process to hurt the fl$ program. We could not be happier. The organization really cares about the players, the kids are great, the parents represent a true mix of towns which leads to a great time on the sideline. As far as coaching goes, your son will get much better and valuable experience in a program like this. It is also a true value play, as these guys have not nickel/dimed us at every turn.
As far as quality of teams goes, I'll take a team of very good players over a team of superstars every time. This will lead to the boys learning how to actually play the game the right way as opposed to preparing for their college showcases in 6th grade with the parents telling the kids to forget about passing and go to the hole! Trust me I've seen it. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised by the experience. And it's the experience that matters for the kids. Besides, the Jesters have the coolest uniforms (lol).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
call the director of the club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below are the fees for Summer 2013 posted on the Jesters website. What is included in the 3000.00 fee for the U-15 Black Team?

TRYOUT FEE - $55
U-15 BLACK – PRICE $3,000
2nd – 11th – PRICE $1,400 – Includes U-15 - GREEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1,400.00 dollars. up 450.00 since Jim not there. Rich keep listening to Jim, See how long you last.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what does a U-15 Black player receive for the 1,600.00 difference? A plane ticket to Florida?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are fall recruiting tournament fees ? Are they posted any where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JESTER HAD 4 VARSITY TEAMS THIS YEAR.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Below are the fees for Summer 2013 posted on the Jesters website. What is included in the 3000.00 fee for the U-15 Black Team?

TRYOUT FEE - $55
U-15 BLACK – PRICE $3,000
2nd – 11th – PRICE $1,400 – Includes U-15 - GREEN

2nd and 3rd are NOT $1,400

Like Reply Quote
L
LAXFAN0909
Unregistered
LAXFAN0909
Unregistered
L
I just called, the 2nd and 3rd grade teams are $900 that includes winter, spring and summer. The U-15 Black includes summer - 5 tournaments and the U-15 Nationals in Disney (florida) it includes airfare, hotels, transportation and food (It seems like everything in florida).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any feedback on the Jesters at the 2019 level? Thoughts on coaches, teams (1 or more?), etc? Do they practice in Levittown? Thanks for any info you might have to offer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe its one of the directors great guy coached my older son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes lodging and airfare my son went this year it was great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any feedback on the Jesters at the 2019 level? Thoughts on coaches, teams (1 or more?), etc? Do they practice in Levittown? Thanks for any info you might have to offer!

Website says Jerry Caramelli for 2019, but there's no bio for him...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone wanting to try out for any of these travel teams should really be speaking to those that have played on them already. I have heard good and bad things about all of them. The jesters have truly good people running their organization and it would be difficult to say a bad thing about them. That being said up untilthe u15 disney tournaments the team had great coaching and was playing well. There was a coaching change made and new players were brought to disney which proved to be a disaster. Really feel like the trip there was a waste if money. Dont put too much into that tourney. I dont know if it is optional again this year or it is a must but there are many good clubs out there that may not have the invite to disney so dont rule them out solely on that. My son will be looking for another team this year because of the way the summer season ended and im pretty sure the jesters will have retuning players.l

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was a little skeptical heading down to tryout tonight due to the weather, but they got it in. The 4th graders had some good players. They could have a nice team if picked right. Tryout was well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any body google the name of that 2019 coach. A friend told me to. Are there many Jerry Caramelli's. interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to the 2016 tryouts anyone knonw when the jesters post the rosters? It was well run around 70 kids and good talent. A lot of GC kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they announced there teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails for the Jesters "Black" team started going out!!!! Best of luck to you.....:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Careful what you wish for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does "careful what you wish for" imply......should we try to figure that idiom out??????????????? or would you care to explaing........just curious.....it's almost creepy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did all the emails go out for ALL the teams or are they still deciding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I called about an hour ago. My son has not yet gotten an email, they said they were not fully decided and they were in a meeting about the 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2019 team been picked yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard any news on the results of the 2018 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
picked? they are having another round of tryouts it seems form the emails received!

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard