BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't try to over analyze everything. Great experience for all the boys. It was their 8th game in 3 days. Games were 1 hour long in 90 degree weather. Let's not forget they are 13 yrs old. Tough to keep pushing the ball.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon only lost to legacy taz by 3 it is obvious they should have been competing in the lacrosse world series

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon only lost to legacy taz by 3 it is obvious that they should have competed in the wsyl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, predictions for finals in next weeks on-grade NXT cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. LI dads can shut up now. LI teams are using overage, holdbacks kids to win tournaments.

Bringing 8th graders to a 7th grade tournament? Pathetic.

Why are all you thick skulls having so much trouble understanding the format of this tournament? It was age-based, not grade-based - something different than you are used to. Nobody cheated, get over it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Don't try to over analyze everything. Great experience for all the boys. It was their 8th game in 3 days. Games were 1 hour long in 90 degree weather. Let's not forget they are 13 yrs old. Tough to keep pushing the ball."

And let's not forget the winning Long Island, NY team was made up of 1/2 8th graders in a 7th grade tournament. Winners are like the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Don't try to over analyze everything. Great experience for all the boys. It was their 8th game in 3 days. Games were 1 hour long in 90 degree weather. Let's not forget they are 13 yrs old. Tough to keep pushing the ball."

And let's not forget the winning Long Island, NY team was made up of 1/2 8th graders in a 7th grade tournament. Winners are like the Crabs.

You guys are hysterical, it was not a "7th grade" tournament. It was age based. If you didn't want to play by those rules then your team should have stayed at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually had over 15 kids that were 2020. 7th graders never played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was exclusively an age-based tournament. Grades are irrelevant. The DOBs of every player are listed on the tournament's website. You will see that the non-NY teams were just as "old". The only reason these kids are 7th graders is because they are either holdbacks and/or from states where the age cut off is different, rendering the kids older.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1) All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are NFL players who go to Denver and pass out after a half. I give these kids a lot of credit, especially the low landers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy "Select" team will not play in another game or tournament ever again.
They were a one time apperance so when Taz gets beat in 2020 play this summer it won't affect their World Championship status. Next year the Greyhounds will be the "Select" team with 2 or 3 token 2022s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy "Select" team will not play in another game or tournament ever again.
They were a one time apperance so when Taz gets beat in 2020 play this summer it won't affect their World Championship status. Next year the Greyhounds will be the "Select" team with 2 or 3 token 2022s.

Honestly they is what all the teams are going to do based on this cut off date. I bet you that the clubs will have tryouts for a WSL team going forward. Another way to make $$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

1) All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 7th grader scored the last goal. Zumo let them play the last 1:30.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is this stupid tournament held in Denver? Why not have it on the East Coast, where the vast majority of top tier teams are from? Then you would get a much better tournament.

As last year, there were 2-3 good teams and the rest were terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Cup 2021 will be Igloo vs 91 Blaze in finals...Igloo wins in a good game to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL website shows the highest point makers for Igloo all weekend have fall '02 birthdays. That is a holdback on Long Island - they should be 2020's (8th) and they are playing down in 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You guys are hysterical, it was not a "7th grade" tournament. It was age based. If you didn't want to play by those rules then your team should have stayed at home."

Same goes for you Long Island crybabies. Atlantic Coast tournaments are grade based. If you don't want to play by the stated rules then your team should stay at home. See. It works both ways. But do we ever have to listen to the crying. So now that it fits your narrative it is all perfectly fine. Just this one time right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th grade team facing a 7th grade team on TV. Fun times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo dominates their 2021. Taz can't make the semi finals in either tournament they've played this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, congrats to both teams for making it to the finals. From all I read, the WSYL made the weekend a great experience.

Second, I do think the championship clearly showed that at this age a few months really do matter. My 2021 team's average birthday is around 2/1/03. That's not very young, but they do look tiny compared to teams with 3-7 kids born before 9/1/02. It will all even out, but now is when it seems to matter most (of course, right when it starts to even out, the reclassing will begin, but that's another story.)

Third, why was there so little pushing the ball in transition? Especially when Igloo was behind. Not a criticism, just curious. May be as simple as other team was winning faceoffs and wanted to protect a lead by slowing things down. Still, not as fun as watching Crush attack in transition.

Fourth, I did not understand why both teams extended out so much on off-ball defense. I know both teams are very well coached and have incredible lax IQ's, but it often seemed like there were no #1 and #2 slides because defenders weren't sagging in off ball. Looked like a college-style defense, but without the ND or Denver crease slide sagged in.

An good 8th grade fogo might look like a superstar playing 7th graders. Not even close when going against the better group of 8th graders, lucky to go 50/50. See how a grade can make a huge difference!? And Blaze has one of the better 7th graders. Lots of truth about how great some kids seemed to play will be seen in the coming weeks when they play on grade!

91 went straight to a long pole for FOs against TAZ. Did not work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
f/io kid who looks like a star will be shut down next week vs. crush and looneys. Smoke and mirrors when you are an 8th grader vs. 7th!

Uhh, isn't he a Fall 2003 b-day?

Yes, he is '03 birth date and played incredibly all weekend.

Fall '03 birthday and he plays on a 2020 team, Hmm?

The Taz FO is not 12 years old. Obviously a mistake on the WSYL roster. There were some mistakes on our roster also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, congrats to both teams for making it to the finals. From all I read, the WSYL made the weekend a great experience.

Second, I do think the championship clearly showed that at this age a few months really do matter. My 2021 team's average birthday is around 2/1/03. That's not very young, but they do look tiny compared to teams with 3-7 kids born before 9/1/02. It will all even out, but now is when it seems to matter most (of course, right when it starts to even out, the reclassing will begin, but that's another story.)

Third, why was there so little pushing the ball in transition? Especially when Igloo was behind. Not a criticism, just curious. May be as simple as other team was winning faceoffs and wanted to protect a lead by slowing things down. Still, not as fun as watching Crush attack in transition.

Fourth, I did not understand why both teams extended out so much on off-ball defense. I know both teams are very well coached and have incredible lax IQ's, but it often seemed like there were no #1 and #2 slides because defenders weren't sagging in off ball. Looked like a college-style defense, but without the ND or Denver crease slide sagged in.

An good 8th grade fogo might look like a superstar playing 7th graders. Not even close when going against the better group of 8th graders, lucky to go 50/50. See how a grade can make a huge difference!? And Blaze has one of the better 7th graders. Lots of truth about how great some kids seemed to play will be seen in the coming weeks when they play on grade!

91 went straight to a long pole for FOs against TAZ. Did not work.

Again,you have an 8th grader vs 7th! I could name at least 10 8th grade kids who would have looked the same vs 7th! Not as special as you think!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 was the top team for years. It's a shame that other team in finals has 2002 birth dates. Par for the course in this sport.

I'm sorry but doesn't igloo have kids with 2002 birthdates? Stop whining you're just not used to losing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 was the top team for years. It's a shame that other team in finals has 2002 birth dates. Par for the course in this sport.

I'm sorry but doesn't igloo have kids with 2002 birthdates? Stop whining you're just not used to losing

Lol, Igloo 2021has been playing with kids with '02 birthdays for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand an older kid on Legacy played under his younger brother's name. Any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand an older kid on Legacy played under his younger brother's name. Any truth to that?

Not possible SWR is too small. Btw,SWR had a lot of kids playing in the WSYL. More then 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Cup 2021 will be Igloo vs 91 Blaze in finals...Igloo wins in a good game to watch

No it won't. Igloo will dominate them and keep the blaze parents wondering why they will never beat them. NO chemistry or teamwork!
Lets see how many penalties, out of frustration, the Blaze team collects as they implode.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol no truth to that at all. Amazing the bs people come up with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is all ridiculous and 95+% of all players parents are complete losers...no wonder why I don't speak to any of them...my son plays for the 88+3 program and my hats go off to leg. Someone had to win; so pls let the boys who won, enjoy their moment. Yes majority of the team are taz kids, however they totally played within the rules. At this age (12-15yrs old), the difference of being 3-6 months older does matter and it turned out that leg did have a bit more kids that fit this description. It is all relative and this will always be the case with younger/older players no matter what the cut-off date is. To compare them to other teams is complete nonsense...yes igloo does have a bunch of 2002 birthdays on their roster too, am sure mad dog and others too...the comments about the leg players and how they play against 2020 grade teams doesn't make sense...pls parents get a life...ever think for one second that the teams like crush, loonies, crabs, etc are all older and have 2001 or pre 5/1/2002 birthdays? this makes the 2020 taz team on the younger side vs their 2020 competition...the birth certificates don't lie....88+3 etc would have done the same thing if they could have but it turns out that they only had 3 eligible crushers (excl JS son)...think about that...of the 20+ crushers on that team only 4 were born after 5/1/02 which means the rest are born within 4 months of a true calender/school grade year, but more so, most are born in 2001...if they had 15 kids who were eligible, they would have picked all 15 with no hesitation. Will see how next year plays out...as of now, it looks like igloo and blaze and other top 2021 teams have 5-6 players that can play again...congrats to the winners this year again.

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^ Total nonsense.^^^^^

Legacy = Crabs both play within the written rules but it's ok for Legacy and not ok for Crabs. Please explain.

Oh. That's right. Leg. is from Long Island so it's "within the rules written" but Crabs are from MD so it's not ok to play "within the rules written".

Look up the word integrity because both examples are equally wrong. Not a one way street.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY is the only state that doesn't have 2021 teams that am mainly 2002 birthdates. On my son's 2020 PA team there are only 3 kids that would have been eligible to playing the WSYL. In PA, the VAST MAJORITY of boys that are born in June (or later) are "held back" which means they don't start Kindergarten when they have just turned 5 they wait and start right after they have turned 6. And since the PA school cutoff is 9/1 summer of 2002 birthdays here are mostly 2021 players. So I don't know why everyone is in an uproar abou the Legacy team, it doesn't matter if they are 2020 kids or 2021 kids they are all the same age. And as far as 2020 teams go, Legacy (if it is true that they are a 1020 team) is a VWRY young 2020 team (nation wide)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^ Total nonsense.^^^^^

Legacy = Crabs both play within the written rules but it's ok for Legacy and not ok for Crabs. Please explain.

Oh. That's right. Leg. is from Long Island so it's "within the rules written" but Crabs are from MD so it's not ok to play "within the rules written".

Look up the word integrity because both examples are equally wrong. Not a one way street.

You say "please explain". I already did in the 7th grade forum. I will cut and paste below:

This is a completely illogical argument. The only reason MD teams went to the tournament with "on age" 7th graders is because all (or nearly all) of their 8th graders are too old. Their "on age" 7th graders are the same age as the younger half of 8th graders in NY. DOBs for all players are on the website for all to see. I selected one MD team at random and noted that more than 2/3rds of their roster would be 8th graders in NY. They are almost certainly all 7th graders in MD. This is why the "8th graders beating up on 7th graders" argument is lame and false. Due to differences in school cut off dates, and the prevalence in MD for holdbacks, MD kids are older than suburban NY kids grade v. grade.

What Leg did was take younger 8th graders, mixed with 7th graders, and won an age-based tournament. So what? This mix of kids is the exact same age, on average, as a MD 7th grade team.

Age is a fixed variable that can not be changed. And it has a very high correlation to quality of player (the older a kid gets, the better he plays). Grade, on the other hand, is an artificial, man-made variable that can be changed on a whim. Most importantly, it has ABSOLUTELY NO correlation to a kid's performance on the lacrosse field. I can take my rising 6th grader and enroll him in 7th grade next year. This will not make him any better at lacrosse.

Thus, when Crabs or other non-NY teams take older kids and put an artificial "7th grade" label on them, and then compete against younger NY kids who have the same artificial "7th grade" label, the former has an unfair systemic advantage over the later. But when NY "8th graders" play against non-NY "7th graders" WHO ARE THE SAME AGE, than no such advantage exists. In short, crying about 8th graders playing against 7th graders is only worthwhile if the 8th graders are actually older. But if they are the same age, than it does not matter what grade they are in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs do not play by the rules. Crabs game the system...that is how they roll. Their 2020 team has 16 year kids in the lineup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo dominates their 2021. Taz can't make the semi finals in either tournament they've played this year

Igloo's best middie is an '02 birthday aka holdback...younger my a$$ lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo's best middie is an '02 birthday aka holdback...younger my a$$ lol

Igloo did a great job overcoming a loss and making the final. They are a good team and played well.

Taz was not at the WSYL, but many of the Taz players were. Taz will struggle in elite 2020 events because they are so young. Moreover, they do not move the ball well at the midfield. Saw the same thing at laxfest. Talented one on one players, but need to learn to move the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs do not play by the rules. Crabs game the system...that is how they roll. Their 2020 team has 16 year kids in the lineup.

AGREED and I am MD parent!!!! That being said they do play within the written rules like Crabs Long Island did July 4th. The diffreance is it's ok now cause it's Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what you are saying is you can't wait to see how a TRUE 2020 kid stacks up against looneys and 91 fogo HOLDBACKS? Wait aren't you contradicting yourself? Those kids are supposed to be rising 10th graders and you want them to go against a TRUE rising 9th grader. You sound like a fool. Get your fact straight before you choke on your own ignorant words. Those fogos from Looneys and Crush are A FULL YEAR OLDER than the Fogo on TAZ! Sooo what is your point?? Are you trying to say He went against kids his own age and WON? Unless that's your point you have no idea what you are talking about. Look at the proof!! He went against kids more than a whole head taller, that weighed more, and we're the same age if not OLDER, and he beat them. Too bad you weren't there to see it because if you were you wouldn't be spewing nonsense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you find some sort of equivalency between a team playing in an AGE based tourney with ALL of age kids and a team playing in an 2020 tourney with 15-16 year olds who look absolutely comical against legit 8th graders your either an idiot, crab parent, or just a s*hit stirrer. Either way, keep it up because its hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard