BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
right and the M&D blond haired lady screaming at the top of her lungs " Cheaters " during the finals this weekend I feel so bad for her husband who has to deal with her yelling like a fool the whole game. " Ref, that girl took another step.. Ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great post. What's worse, is refs let the charges go until the playoff games, and then start to call them. Charge calls are the only thing left to stop girls from shamelessly going to goal and physically pushing through 2 or even 3 defenders. Defense should get the charge call when offense initiates contact and defender(s) has established position.

Even worse than that is watching an offense player get doubled or tripled, no where to go and shooting over heads and through defenders. Propelling or dangerous shot fouls are put in place to protect girls. The refs so often miss these calls and many girls are getting hurt because the kids barreling through defense just keep doing it so long as the refs don't call the foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. What's worse, is refs let the charges go until the playoff games, and then start to call them. Charge calls are the only thing left to stop girls from shamelessly going to goal and physically pushing through 2 or even 3 defenders. Defense should get the charge call when offense initiates contact and defender(s) has established position.

Even worse than that is watching an offense player get doubled or tripled, no where to go and shooting over heads and through defenders. Propelling or dangerous shot fouls are put in place to protect girls. The refs so often miss these calls and many girls are getting hurt because the kids barreling through defense just keep doing it so long as the refs don't call the foul.
you just described the Mt. sinai offensive scheme.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
worked well enough to win back to back state championships.. not sure that can be said for your school.. and they will be very strong for a few more years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that's my point from my original post questioning the lack of charging calls and not letting the girls play D. The refs need to be more consistent. I'm telling you, my daughter is a 2021 and we took the trip down the NJTP to Laxin Out Loud at Cedar Lane. The Maryland refs wouldn't let the D touch the offensive player. Free position after free position, it was terrible. All the while watching players try to push their way through double and triple teams. The two tourneys in New Egypt, NJ were almost just as bad. You could be a little more physical but it was all geared toward the non-passing ball hog. They don't let the girls play D and it's tough to watch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is gross is that a douchie troll like you is tracking the losses of 13 year old kids . Here is the issue I have with the non sense you spew , they have lost to some of the best teams in the country , teams they have also beaten. If the coaching and style of play was so bad then how is it possible that they have beaten these teams .Ask the MD parents they will tell you they enjoy playing YJ because it is competitive . Keep up the attacks on YJ but they just keep turning out AA quality ayers while your TG keep turning out kids who end up in Hempstead .

Actually, us MD parents DO NOT like playing against YJ, for the most part. The YJ parents are awful and the YJ players, although talented, are brutal with their OVERLY aggressive play and mouths. It is not a pleasant experience whether the MD team wins or loses. The parents need to let the players play and the YJ players need to let their talent determine the outcome of a game.

Please let us know the number of the kid on YJ with the mouth . You are some complete [lacrosse] to come on here and anoymously say 13 year old kids are being unsportsmanslike . Get a life , I doubt you are from MD probably just another troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't single out one YJ player. I simply stated that the overall approach and style of the typical player is OVERLY aggressive and mouthy. But, the players on the field are not the biggest problem...the YJ Lemming parents are almost unbearable, and difficult to watch a game next to. YJ is not the only team that's like this, just the worst. And, yes...I am a MD parent...not Heros (also bad) and not M&D (some bad) or Skywalkers (some bad).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is gross is that a douchie troll like you is tracking the losses of 13 year old kids . Here is the issue I have with the non sense you spew , they have lost to some of the best teams in the country , teams they have also beaten. If the coaching and style of play was so bad then how is it possible that they have beaten these teams .Ask the MD parents they will tell you they enjoy playing YJ because it is competitive . Keep up the attacks on YJ but they just keep turning out AA quality ayers while your TG keep turning out kids who end up in Hempstead .

Actually, us MD parents DO NOT like playing against YJ, for the most part. The YJ parents are awful and the YJ players, although talented, are brutal with their OVERLY aggressive play and mouths. It is not a pleasant experience whether the MD team wins or loses. The parents need to let the players play and the YJ players need to let their talent determine the outcome of a game.

Please let us know the number of the kid on YJ with the mouth . You are some complete [lacrosse] to come on here and anoymously say 13 year old kids are being unsportsmanslike . Get a life , I doubt you are from MD probably just another troll.

I don't have a dog in this fight but please don't act like there aren't complete squads of 13yo's with sportsmanship problems. It gets worse every year.... even including the 'ball ball ball ball ball ball ball' screaming tactic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

Not to mention how is the coach going to be able to help your kid get recruited?

Well that is unless your kid wants to go to Syracuse...lol not that anything is wrong with CUSE apart from them having 50 plus girls on the roster and no real speed to compete with the better D1 programs. SL or his club just doesn't have the college connections or the talent. All the kids in the 2020 age group have nothing to look forward to recruitment or looks wise with that program. And before he mentions again that he has 3 girls that the colleges are looking at..No one cares about the 3 that got selected for UA. All three have really strong connections to SL and the Bayport head coach who are also UA coaches. Not surprising at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

Not to mention how is the coach going to be able to help your kid get recruited?

Well that is unless your kid wants to go to Syracuse...lol not that anything is wrong with CUSE apart from them having 50 plus girls on the roster and no real speed to compete with the better D1 programs. SL or his club just doesn't have the college connections or the talent. All the kids in the 2020 age group have nothing to look forward to recruitment or looks wise with that program. And before he mentions again that he has 3 girls that the colleges are looking at..No one cares about the 3 that got selected for UA. All three have really strong connections to SL and the Bayport head coach who are also UA coaches. Not surprising at all.

They are 13 you people are nuts. Girls lacrosse, the most hated sideline in all of sports! Enjoy the game and encourage your kids to play as a team because chances are they aren't going to Maryland!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you question the BEE KEEPER.... aka "THE REAL TROLL"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, a few of the stronger girls in this age group did not try-out for UA for various reasons! Things may have been different if they had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so quiet Bee Keeper/Real Troll. They keeping you busy down in Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. It's gone from only Hofstra in your future to only Syracuse, just depends on who you want to attempt to bash. You know what, you're right. The girls have no future. If you look at all the college lacrosse teams across the nation, all the Long Island players are yellow jackets. I wish I realized that sooner.

Obviously you are just an idiot. Plenty of these girls will and are getting looks. It just kills you that we wouldn't lick CR's [lacrosse], like you will, to do it.

Good luck traveling to see your daughter play a total of 10 minutes of lax each weekend. CR will put in a good word for you...eventually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. It's gone from only Hofstra in your future to only Syracuse, just depends on who you want to attempt to bash. You know what, you're right. The girls have no future. If you look at all the college lacrosse teams across the nation, all the Long Island players are yellow jackets. I wish I realized that sooner.

Obviously you are just an idiot. Plenty of these girls will and are getting looks. It just kills you that we wouldn't lick CR's [lacrosse], like you will, to do it.

Good luck traveling to see your daughter play a total of 10 minutes of lax each weekend. CR will put in a good word for you...eventually.

Thanks Mrs L!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so quiet Bee Keeper/Real Troll. They keeping you busy down in Maryland?

Because you can't argue with stupid .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Mrs L??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank god no games this weekend. happy 4th!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she is married to Mr. L

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been hearing a lot of movement coming this tryout season here on LI among various clubs in this age group. Some might be leaving club lax all together and opting to play only for school. when you consider the expense vs what you really get from these Long Island Clubs, makes you really wonder is it all worth it for a $6-7000 scholarship to a $50,000 per year school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been hearing a lot of movement coming this tryout season here on LI among various clubs in this age group. Some might be leaving club lax all together and opting to play only for school. when you consider the expense vs what you really get from these Long Island Clubs, makes you really wonder is it all worth it for a $6-7000 scholarship to a $50,000 per year school.

I just learned that girls going to top schools only get about $5000, and many are miserable. I keep hearing of D1 athletes dropping their sport. Definitely makes you think twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just learned that girls going to top schools have to pay 60k for a 50k school...doesn't make sense to play lax at school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go look at the commitment list from YJ, TG, etc for the past 3-4 age groups and see how many you can find on the roster of the team listed on the website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cycle of leaving clubs for others keeps on.
Having done this for 3+ years now as a 2020 parent, I have to think that our experience is the norm, rather than the exception. We left a program because we thought grass w/b greener at another program because that program limits teams to 2 per age group. What we have found is that the same problems exist--poor, sub-standard coaching, haphazard turnouts at practice, severely lacking communication from both coach and directors, to go along with selfish, "me first" attitudes amongst players and parents.
The idea is that this experience costs upwards of $3k a season after everything factored in (not including days lost from work), seems to be a losing proposition for everyone involved, except the directors.
The fact that college programs have very limited scholarship $$ to distribute among 35-40 players, leads me to think that if the real reason folks are doing travel lax--boys or girls--is to have little Susie or Johnny play college lax and get a windfall in aid, then they will be tremendously disappointed.
While we would love to stay with lax, and daughter seems to enjoy it enough, I have to think that the $12-15k we have spent over the years of travel lax would have better spent on vacations or other family endeavors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid enjoys playing lacrosse and hanging out with her lax friends on the weekend then its worth it. If your kid playing lax gets her into a school she may not have with out it then its worth it. As a parent if you enjoy the time you get to spend with your kid in a hotel room, at the fields etc then its worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go look at the commitment list from YJ, TG, etc for the past 3-4 age groups and see how many you can find on the roster of the team listed on the website

The same parents that love talking about their daughters weekend lacrosse successes on Monday mornings at work will be the same parents that will send their kid to any college as long as they get a couple of bucks and keep playing ( so they can say she got an athletic scholarship). What they will never tell you is many get $5k at a $55k school and many are playing at a school they never heard of growing up because Maryland and Northwestern didn't want her. There is a place for everyone. When its your 3rd or 4th daughter going through this process you will have a very different opinion. You will understand that lacrosse isn't everything and ends after 4 years so why burden yourself with 100's of thousands in debt.

And to the guy who said go check the rosters after 2 years he is right, many except for the ones getting big minutes quit because they don't like giving up 4-6 hours a day to lacrosse year round to ride a bench with 30-40 other girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having done this for 3+ years now as a 2020 parent, I have to think that our experience is the norm, rather than the exception. We left a program because we thought grass w/b greener at another program because that program limits teams to 2 per age group. What we have found is that the same problems exist--poor, sub-standard coaching, haphazard turnouts at practice, severely lacking communication from both coach and directors, to go along with selfish, "me first" attitudes amongst players and parents.
The idea is that this experience costs upwards of $3k a season after everything factored in (not including days lost from work), seems to be a losing proposition for everyone involved, except the directors.
The fact that college programs have very limited scholarship $$ to distribute among 35-40 players, leads me to think that if the real reason folks are doing travel lax--boys or girls--is to have little Susie or Johnny play college lax and get a windfall in aid, then they will be tremendously disappointed.
While we would love to stay with lax, and daughter seems to enjoy it enough, I have to think that the $12-15k we have spent over the years of travel lax would have better spent on vacations or other family endeavors.

Would like to hear where you left and where you went just because we are in the same boat. I'm almost ready to give one of these startups a shot because if anything they will be trying harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're lucky you figured it out early - many never do. Think about what you can do with that $12-15K over the next 3 summers ...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You're lucky you figured it out early - many never do. Think about what you can do with that $12-15K over the next 3 summers ...

I agree on lots of this financially, it's a fools-bet for the vast majority of parents to think they are getting even a fraction of school covered by lax. That said, for some that's not the sole endgame. If your daughter wants to be a competitive HS player and plays for the sake of playing I cannot imagine they'll be able to get enough reps to stay fresh skills-wise if they only play during the HS season. Every sport is more or less like this now--- you cannot be a 1 season per year player of anything above the age of say 12 unless you are just a beast... and even that won't hold up over time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

I agree on lots of this financially, it's a fools-bet for the vast majority of parents to think they are getting even a fraction of school covered by lax. That said, for some that's not the sole endgame. If your daughter wants to be a competitive HS player and plays for the sake of playing I cannot imagine they'll be able to get enough reps to stay fresh skills-wise if they only play during the HS season. Every sport is more or less like this now--- you cannot be a 1 season per year player of anything above the age of say 12 unless you are just a beast... and even that won't hold up over time.

Great post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear UNC has their first commit from this age group , that said its the same kid that was committed to another top program last year . Official announcement to be out soon , good luck as the rest of the parents start to go into panic mode .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Jones team doing this year? Last year they were a pretty solid team but not hearing much about them this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fools-bet has been sold to parents by directors of the programs who will tell parents you MUST be in travel lax to play in college. While a agree with poster about maybe some folks playing to prepare for HS or to stay in lax shape, I still maintain that the overwhelmingly vast majority of parents/players are under the assumption that they will play college lax and get big $$ to do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fools-bet has been sold to parents by directors of the programs who will tell parents you MUST be in travel lax to play in college. While a agree with poster about maybe some folks playing to prepare for HS or to stay in lax shape, I still maintain that the overwhelmingly vast majority of parents/players are under the assumption that they will play college lax and get big $$ to do so.

The first problem with this is everyone, I mean every single kid that wants to play travel lacrosse can. When the top LI program has 4-5 teams in each age you know there are many that aren't "elite". So if travel lacrosse is essentially a walk on, how could you expect that you will get athletic money in college? Any girl that wants to play in college should be able to find a school that will give them a chance even if there isn't a scholarship attached to the offer. Get the academic money and then the athletic money isn't needed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you need to get over the fact that many parents have the financial means to have their kid play travel ball. I have been at this game for a long time and have never met a parent who is banking on a full ride D1 scholarship for girls lax. Sorry but this is no different than Hockey, Baseball and Soccer. Believe me travel lax is cheap compared to some other sports which also require12 month commitment. From your tone I can only infer that you are bitter and have resentment toward kids who play travel ball? AlI can say is too bad and sorry things didn't turn out better for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you need to get over the fact that many parents have the financial means to have their kid play travel ball. I have been at this game for a long time and have never met a parent who is banking on a full ride D1 scholarship for girls lax. Sorry but this is no different than Hockey, Baseball and Soccer. Believe me travel lax is cheap compared to some other sports which also require12 month commitment. From your tone I can only infer that you are bitter and have resentment toward kids who play travel ball? AlI can say is too bad and sorry things didn't turn out better for you.

I agree. The cold, hard reality is that some parents can afford to have their kid play travel lax and not worry about the ROI from the scholarship their kid may get. I think most (but not all) parents know that lax scholly money is small and are okay with that. And, like the previous poster pointed out, travel lax is cheaper than hockey or soccer. The big scholly money is in the academic money a kid may get. Concentrate on that and get as much as you can, play your best lax and get a little financial help it and maybe, just maybe the parents won't have to shell out too much money per semester to send you to college. A 20% athletic scholly is considered about average or good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first problem with this is everyone, I mean every single kid that wants to play travel lacrosse can. When the top LI program has 4-5 teams in each age you know there are many that aren't "elite". So if travel lacrosse is essentially a walk on, how could you expect that you will get athletic money in college? Any girl that wants to play in college should be able to find a school that will give them a chance even if there isn't a scholarship attached to the offer. Get the academic money and then the athletic money isn't needed

Do you honestly believe that anyone on a 3/4/5 team is doing this for big athletic money? Nobody is selling those kids and parents dreams. As you said, essentially anyone who wants to play can find a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow..from my "tone' you infer that I am bitter and have resentment towards travel lax players/parents?..that's what you get from my posting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you honestly believe that anyone on a 3/4/5 team is doing this for big athletic money? Nobody is selling those kids and parents dreams. As you said, essentially anyone who wants to play can find a team.

Do you actually think that any kid on a 2nd or 3rd team is parading up and down the eastern coast all summer with the thought that they won't play in college? All these parents believe their daughters must play in college and they will do anything or send them anywhere to have it become a reality. Get ready for a college education from a $55k, 1,200 student population school that no one has ever heard of

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Re this comment:

". I think most (but not all) parents know that lax scholly money is small and are okay with that"

Have you read these forums??? Do the people posting here with such venom seem like they are not competing (at least in their own minds) for their kid to make it big?

Also to this end, find me a travel team site/literature that doesn't mention scholarships/commitments etc. Those are very few and far between.

I do agree there are some parents that think of this the right way, but I don't think that's most of them (at least the types of trolls on here spitting venom on everyone whilst hiding in the 'anonymous' pulpit).

Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard