BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I belive most of Igloo's team will be eligible to play again next year.

Lol, silly Rabbit you think the rules will remain the same which would give Igloo an advantage. I am sure that idea should be SMASHED.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unlikely the best programs will want to invest the time and resources to build, manage, and coach a "special" blended 7th and 8th grade team for one tournament in the middle of the club season. It is not practical and unrealistic. I believe WSYL will change again before the clubs reformat their programs. Easier for one event to change a line in their rules than every major club program changing how they operate and build and coach teams for 6 months just for one event. That is my prediction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy (Long Island) same as Crabs (Baltimore) = Cheaters

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

What a complete joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2019 son and 2018 nephew were laughing at how much bigger the white team was. The blue team goalie played his rear end off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I belive most of Igloo's team will be eligible to play again next year.

Yeah, no they won't.

If they were, they wouldn't have played this year. And it's age based, no complaints.
Igloo is an awesome team and deserving of the final 2

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I belive most of Igloo's team will be eligible to play again next year. [/quote

Not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy (Long Island) same as Crabs (Baltimore) = Cheaters

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

What a complete joke

Did they have kids with forged birth certificates? If not they did not cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such jealous haters out there! Once again, the tournament was age based - not grade based. All the teams had boys in the same age range. Grade does not matter. They had to prove age with birth certificates and school records.

Congratulations to Igloo and Legacy! Great job representing Long Island!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such jealous haters out there! Once again, the tournament was age based - not grade based. All the teams had boys in the same age range. Grade does not matter. They had to prove age with birth certificates and school records.

Congratulations to Igloo and Legacy! Great job representing Long Island!

Congrats to the 8th graders, you did a great job beating 7th graders. Let's see how you look next week!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They def did not cheat but there is not one person who watched the game from their living room that thought the game or match up was "fair" because of the laughable difference in size. Yes, legacy was a skilled team but we all know the reason they won was because they were older and bigger not necessarily a better "lacrosse" team. Did you see the last minute when the true 2021 players were given a chance to play how they were the same size as Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
f/io kid who looks like a star will be shut down next week vs. crush and looneys. Smoke and mirrors when you are an 8th grader vs. 7th!

Uhh, isn't he a Fall 2003 b-day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I belive most of Igloo's team will be eligible to play again next year. [/quote

Not true.

Funny how all of the '02 birthdays on Igloo are November & December, meaning they are actually holdbacks and should be 2020 in the Long Island school system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the championship truly showed that a few months really matter around this age.

Also, although I coach 9/1 legal 2021 team (like Igloo), the reality is that I understand that 5/1 is not a bad breakpoint for what was/is normal for private school kids to start/delay kindergarten. In other words, that may split up LI teams and it may split up a small portion of public school (mostly) teams, but it's the new normal in many cities.

I was definitely rooting for Igloo, but they simply looked like boys against young men, which is simply a matter of puberty. All that said, I thought the winners looked well coach.

PS - I was surprised how much both team pressed out on defense. Made the slides very hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
f/io kid who looks like a star will be shut down next week vs. crush and looneys. Smoke and mirrors when you are an 8th grader vs. 7th!

Yes, he is '03 birth date and played incredibly all weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me if that L Taz team plays in tournaments beside the WSYL? If most tournaments are grade base and they are a mix raising 9th and 8th graders, what tournaments do they play in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They def did not cheat but there is not one person who watched the game from their living room that thought the game or match up was "fair" because of the laughable difference in size. Yes, legacy was a skilled team but we all know the reason they won was because they were older and bigger not necessarily a better "lacrosse" team. Did you see the last minute when the true 2021 players were given a chance to play how they were the same size as Igloo.

I thought the game was terrible lacrosse. No ball movement, nothing in transition, no real offense played. It looked like my 3rd grades team, where one kid dodges to the goal. Anybody count how many times they could have made one extra pass to a guy open in the corner instead of cranking it from the restrainingline? And igloo, how about running some two man game, or trying to attack/dump at angles? Somebody said they were very well coached????

And that farce of a trophy presentation at the end???? Stein berg makes me want to take a shower he is such a slime ball. Parents, this "tournament" is a sick money grab and a disgrace to youth sports.

The "international" Team Israel is full of kids with Jewish last names that live in Scarsdale, boca raton, Baltimore......is that some kind of a joke????

The quality of lacrosse was terrible, the kids that won showed ZERO emotion, and Steinberg almost forgot to hand them the trophy because he had to name all the sponsors and shove donuts in everybody's mouth.

Ridiculous and the more we buy into this money grab the more culpable we are for polluting the basic joys of youth sports by trying to turn in into some forced, poorly produced spectacle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bitter igloo dad, you will eventually get over it. Just to review it was an AGE based not a 2021 tourney, correct??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not surprised by Igloo only going one on one like third grade lax. That is what they do. They also like to get the ball to middies to shoot. How about the Igloo defense who got beat one on one and did not slide the entire game. A lot of ball watching too. The defense just stayed back and did nothing when they needed the ball. The announcer saying kids this age are just learning to slide was a joke too. Very disapointing. However Igloo is still the best 2021 team by far and the legacy team was older. I think legacy was going one on one because they knew they could and it worked. They did not need to be creative when they could beat the defense at will. Can't fault them for that. Igloo needed to be more creative but seemed lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
December 1 is the cut off for Long Island so those kids are real 2021 graduates and not holdbacks. As for the others they are all born after Sept 1 2002. So they really are legal. The other team was legal for this tournament. They were an older team and it showed. How do the champs do against Crush?

Not true.

Funny how all of the '02 birthdays on Igloo are November & December, meaning they are actually holdbacks and should be 2020 in the Long Island school system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bitter igloo dad, you will eventually get over it. Just to review it was an AGE based not a 2021 tourney, correct??

Maybe I am a little bitter but funny question is wonder why you didn't go last year ? Hmm it's ok you beat our boys but in the big picture on Each grade level one of us is tops and one of us finds loop holes. Proof is that this will probably be the last tournament Legacy wins rest of summer. Heads up Igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. Since there are SIX "2021" hold backs on Igloo. So let me get this straight. Since now having held back your son born in 2002 isn't working in your favor you are going to complain it isn't fair? Hmm so it's fair to put your kid who should really be a 2020 graduate against REAL 2021 kids because you held him back so he would have an advantage by playing younger kids? The way I see it, you can hold your kid back 10 Times and change their grade to whatever you like but the fact of the matter is you CAN'T CHANGE THEIR AGE! Cry and whine all you want but YOU parents that hold back your kids to give the illusion they are younger than they are are the REAL cheaters. Igloo has SIX 2002 kids on their team so why don't you all figure the math on that one! Take a look at ALL of the "2021" teams that participated. Then look up IGNORANT in the dictionary. This tournament provided transparency. Birth Certificates were MANDATORY. Every team was AGE appropriate. So stop with the my POOR 13 year old 7th grader was taken advantage of by a bigger 13 year old 8th grader. No one seemed bothered by the big 7th graders on certain teams that were looking to take heads off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the game was terrible lacrosse. No ball movement, nothing in transition, no real offense played. It looked like my 3rd grades team, where one kid dodges to the goal. Anybody count how many times they could have made one extra pass to a guy open in the corner instead of cranking it from the restrainingline? And igloo, how about running some two man game, or trying to attack/dump at angles? Somebody said they were very well coached????

And that farce of a trophy presentation at the end???? Stein berg makes me want to take a shower he is such a slime ball. Parents, this "tournament" is a sick money grab and a disgrace to youth sports.

The "international" Team Israel is full of kids with Jewish last names that live in Scarsdale, boca raton, Baltimore......is that some kind of a joke????

The quality of lacrosse was terrible, the kids that won showed ZERO emotion, and Steinberg almost forgot to hand them the trophy because he had to name all the sponsors and shove donuts in everybody's mouth.

Ridiculous and the more we buy into this money grab the more culpable we are for polluting the basic joys of youth sports by trying to turn in into some forced, poorly produced spectacle.

100 % true. On all points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How funny is it that when a team wins automatically people overlook facts and go straight to fiction . Age based tournament clearly is just that! For the long islanders you all know through the years team long island played the U brackets having two grades of players on the majority of teams . Never really heard anyone bitching about that , but what's more ironic how quickly the heat gets pulled away from blaze who harbored 3 - 8th grade - rising 9th graders and the focus goes to Zummo . It would have been the same circumstance if it was Blaze who won the championship. None of these team did any wrong doing, just because AA didn't pull any age appropriate 2020 players doesn't make him the angel . He although did have older players through the years but got his act together in recent .
Now more focus starts up about Zummo getting pounced this upcoming weekend against other grade appropriate teams , all to justify ones self esteem. So you now think your team could beat the championship team. Wow you need a life. Let your son have those goals , not the egotistical parent that most of you are. When JR is done with this all , your home life is going to really suck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The announcer said it best, they are bigger, faster, and stronger. Igloo has a middie who is 4-8". Taz was obviously older and it looked like boys vs men. Igloo dominates againsed it's own age based kids. I know Taz was within the rules. It's the rules that are the problem. The winning team did have 6 kids from the 2021 team that played in mop up time. This winning team will not play together again as there are no tournaments that will allow it. Meanwhile igloo plays this week at NXT. They will dominate because it is againsed kids their age.
Taz core will now play 2020 tournies. They will do well but if they should play againsed crush, doubt that Taz even keeps it close
You can't take anything away from the Taz kids. Especially the mids and FOGo. Very talented. But they beat younger boys. And they look like men. And to the poster who said the final was not a good example of quality lax, depends on your point of view. Taz defense was phenomenal. Igloo kids couldn't even move ball as the D was on their hands constantly. I was less impressed w Taz offense. They could have moved the ball but the one on one battles were all they had. Not impressed w them offensively.
Hats off to Zumo. Your Taz teams, 2024 and 2020 are very good. Too bad the rest of your program isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Legacy played grade based at LI Laxfest they lost to Igloo 2020 and tied 88+1 Maryland team. So looks like the only way they can really dominate is play the younger boys. Shame and really discredits the sport over all. What could have/should have been a great competitive game became a farce. Hopefully Warrior changes the rules for next year or this World Championship will lose its appeal quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No where on the WSYL website does it mention 2021, 13, or 7th grade. The rules are to be born after 5/1//02.

If you have paid attention to your own son and his friends, I'm sure you've noticed difference in size at this age group. My own son was 5'7 at 13. He has friends who are older than him that were a full head shorter than him. Welcome to puberty. Some of these smaller boys will be small until 10th, 11th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heads up igloo!! Proud of you boys low budget Taz but probably why they are ***** on this board !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 game was televised. There were 24 teams from around the "world" that played a minimum of 6-7 games and all were mixed with 02 and 03 birth dates. All with a mix of size. The Mad Dog team from California had 2 middies that were over 6 feet tall and 165 pounds. That's the same size as my husband.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your criticism is not just. The Champs did not need to move the ball. They were winning the one on ones and Igloo's defense did not slide so they kept doing it and Igloo never stopped them. There was no reason to change it up. Also Igloo dominates the 2021 year because they are an older 2021 team. Look at the roster. Almost all kids born early 2003 and many born in January, February 2003 and in 2002. In fact the same age advantage the Champs had yesterday Igloo holds over most of the other 2021 teams. Igloo's defense is actually very old. Mostly 2002s and a January and a February 2003. This older 2021 defense got beat by kids of similar age kids and did not slide. As for the time the champs put in the true 2021s to play Igloo in a mop up role did you notice that the Champs won that battle as well? The Champs 2021s scored against Igloo and Igloo could not take the be ball away because they stayed back. So Igloo also lost to the 2021s 1-0. Bottom line Igloo wins in 2021 because they are older. The fact that they could not do anything on offense or defense against kids similar age or maybe a little older only shows that these kids have not developed over the years and have been relying on the age, size and strength advantage they have over 2021 kids. The fact that they did nothing yesterday against kids of the same age or a little older should be more alarming to parents and coaches rather than who won or lost. But wining seems to be all that matters.

The announcer said it best, they are bigger, faster, and stronger. Igloo has a middie who is 4-8". Taz was obviously older and it looked like boys vs men. Igloo dominates againsed it's own age based kids. I know Taz was within the rules. It's the rules that are the problem. The winning team did have 6 kids from the 2021 team that played in mop up time. This winning team will not play together again as there are no tournaments that will allow it. Meanwhile igloo plays this week at NXT. They will dominate because it is againsed kids their age.
Taz core will now play 2020 tournies. They will do well but if they should play againsed crush, doubt that Taz even keeps it close
You can't take anything away from the Taz kids. Especially the mids and FOGo. Very talented. But they beat younger boys. And they look like men. And to the poster who said the final was not a good example of quality lax, depends on your point of view. Taz defense was phenomenal. Igloo kids couldn't even move ball as the D was on their hands constantly. I was less impressed w Taz offense. They could have moved the ball but the one on one battles were all they had. Not impressed w them offensively.
Hats off to Zumo. Your Taz teams, 2024 and 2020 are very good. Too bad the rest of your program isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 game was televised. There were 24 teams from around the "world" that played a minimum of 6-7 games and all were mixed with 02 and 03 birth dates. All with a mix of size. The Mad Dog team from California had 2 middies that were over 6 feet tall and 165 pounds. That's the same size as my husband.

Your husband needs to eat a sandwich once in a while - or hit the gym.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Legacy played grade based at LI Laxfest they lost to Igloo 2020 and tied 88+1 Maryland team. So looks like the only way they can really dominate is play the younger boys. Shame and really discredits the sport over all. What could have/should have been a great competitive game became a farce. Hopefully Warrior changes the rules for next year or this World Championship will lose its appeal quickly.

While Igloo dominates age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, he is '03 birth date and played incredibly all weekend.

Fall '03 birthday and he plays on a 2020 team, Hmm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did BS from 91 collect poaching info on some new recruites this year before the summer travel season is over to try to re- evaluate and form a new team before tryouts ? How many igloo kids got approached this past weekend ? I would bet that Igloo's little goalie would be sought after . He def was the most standout on igloo in that championship game. I believe that kid played on express team a few years back and kept a B team afloat in an A bracket, 91 may want to grab that goalie to help them out... That says a lot about that kids capabilities. Let's see the rotisserie of players making grass is greener on the other side decisions once again.

Your criticism is not just. The Champs did not need to move the ball. They were winning the one on ones and Igloo's defense did not slide so they kept doing it and Igloo never stopped them. There was no reason to change it up. Also Igloo dominates the 2021 year because they are an older 2021 team. Look at the roster. Almost all kids born early 2003 and many born in January, February 2003 and in 2002. In fact the same age advantage the Champs had yesterday Igloo holds over most of the other 2021 teams. Igloo's defense is actually very old. Mostly 2002s and a January and a February 2003. This older 2021 defense got beat by kids of similar age kids and did not slide. As for the time the champs put in the true 2021s to play Igloo in a mop up role did you notice that the Champs won that battle as well? The Champs 2021s scored against Igloo and Igloo could not take the be ball away because they stayed back. So Igloo also lost to the 2021s 1-0. Bottom line Igloo wins in 2021 because they are older. The fact that they could not do anything on offense or defense against kids similar age or maybe a little older only shows that these kids have not developed over the years and have been relying on the age, size and strength advantage they have over 2021 kids. The fact that they did nothing yesterday against kids of the same age or a little older should be more alarming to parents and coaches rather than who won or lost. But wining seems to be all that matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids from champ team are on 2020 team? One dad at the tournament said 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is all ridiculous and 95+% of all players parents are complete losers...no wonder why I don't speak to any of them...my son plays for the 88+3 program and my hats go off to leg. Someone had to win; so pls let the boys who won, enjoy their moment. Yes majority of the team are taz kids, however they totally played within the rules. At this age (12-15yrs old), the difference of being 3-6 months older does matter and it turned out that leg did have a bit more kids that fit this description. It is all relative and this will always be the case with younger/older players no matter what the cut-off date is. To compare them to other teams is complete nonsense...yes igloo does have a bunch of 2002 birthdays on their roster too, am sure mad dog and others too...the comments about the leg players and how they play against 2020 grade teams doesn't make sense...pls parents get a life...ever think for one second that the teams like crush, loonies, crabs, etc are all older and have 2001 or pre 5/1/2002 birthdays? this makes the 2020 taz team on the younger side vs their 2020 competition...the birth certificates don't lie....88+3 etc would have done the same thing if they could have but it turns out that they only had 3 eligible crushers (excl JS son)...think about that...of the 20+ crushers on that team only 4 were born after 5/1/02 which means the rest are born within 4 months of a true calender/school grade year, but more so, most are born in 2001...if they had 15 kids who were eligible, they would have picked all 15 with no hesitation. Will see how next year plays out...as of now, it looks like igloo and blaze and other top 2021 teams have 5-6 players that can play again...congrats to the winners this year again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall 03 and plays on a 2020 means the kid is playing up a grade. Good for him!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, congrats to both teams for making it to the finals. From all I read, the WSYL made the weekend a great experience.

Second, I do think the championship clearly showed that at this age a few months really do matter. My 2021 team's average birthday is around 2/1/03. That's not very young, but they do look tiny compared to teams with 3-7 kids born before 9/1/02. It will all even out, but now is when it seems to matter most (of course, right when it starts to even out, the reclassing will begin, but that's another story.)

Third, why was there so little pushing the ball in transition? Especially when Igloo was behind. Not a criticism, just curious. May be as simple as other team was winning faceoffs and wanted to protect a lead by slowing things down. Still, not as fun as watching Crush attack in transition.

Fourth, I did not understand why both teams extended out so much on off-ball defense. I know both teams are very well coached and have incredible lax IQ's, but it often seemed like there were no #1 and #2 slides because defenders weren't sagging in off ball. Looked like a college-style defense, but without the ND or Denver crease slide sagged in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep reading that Legacy played within the rules written. Well. Yes they did. Just like the Maryland Holdbacks you people cry and sniffle about every year. So what is it then? Ok to play within the rules written or just when you Long Island parents want to enforce the written rules. Same thing. No different.

Laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. LI dads can shut up now. LI teams are using overage, holdbacks kids to win tournaments.

Bringing 8th graders to a 7th grade tournament? Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, congrats to both teams for making it to the finals. From all I read, the WSYL made the weekend a great experience.

Second, I do think the championship clearly showed that at this age a few months really do matter. My 2021 team's average birthday is around 2/1/03. That's not very young, but they do look tiny compared to teams with 3-7 kids born before 9/1/02. It will all even out, but now is when it seems to matter most (of course, right when it starts to even out, the reclassing will begin, but that's another story.)

Third, why was there so little pushing the ball in transition? Especially when Igloo was behind. Not a criticism, just curious. May be as simple as other team was winning faceoffs and wanted to protect a lead by slowing things down. Still, not as fun as watching Crush attack in transition.

Fourth, I did not understand why both teams extended out so much on off-ball defense. I know both teams are very well coached and have incredible lax IQ's, but it often seemed like there were no #1 and #2 slides because defenders weren't sagging in off ball. Looked like a college-style defense, but without the ND or Denver crease slide sagged in.

An good 8th grade fogo might look like a superstar playing 7th graders. Not even close when going against the better group of 8th graders, lucky to go 50/50. See how a grade can make a huge difference!? And Blaze has one of the better 7th graders. Lots of truth about how great some kids seemed to play will be seen in the coming weeks when they play on grade!

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard