BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Boys 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Score I read was 11-4. Sounds like a lot more than poor officiating to me...

Bitmore deserved to win....poor officiating was the reason they lost...this team deserved better. [/quote] [/quote] How can you even think that comment is real...You are as dumb as the original poster...Clearly someone trying to start something and has issue with Bitmore

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seemed like Lax Factory had some help this weekend at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seemed like Lax Factory had some help this weekend at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament....
How does their 2021AA team absolutely embarrass the Hawks 2012 Elite team??? Something fishy going on....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They used their World Series of Youth Lacrosse team in this tourney. WSOYL had a 5/1 age cutoff and they had a few really good 2020 players drop to their 2021 team for the qualifier and this tourney. Probably about 5 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They used their World Series of Youth Lacrosse team in this tourney. WSOYL had a 5/1 age cutoff and they had a few really good 2020 players drop to their 2021 team for the qualifier and this tourney. Probably about 5 kids.

Uhhh, no we didn't... just a great group of on-age kids (no holdbacks) that have bought into what the coaches have been selling, have worked really hard this spring and early summer, and are peaking at the right time.

For WSYL, yes... a few 2020 kids that are age-eligible for that tournament (that number is probably about right). But not this past weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that OK for them to put these kids in a 7th grade bracket? Complete nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no rules to this game anymore. Teams play with whoever they want. It doesn't matter their age or grade. You now have several 8th and 9th graders who say they are going to do a PG year AFTER hs graduation so they play down a year. Literally it is like the Wild West.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big asterisk on Lax Factories win at the Maryland Lacrosse tournament. Shame on them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised any Maryland 2020 teams would have any kids born after 5/1/02 . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kids are tiny and have been playing up on the lax factory 2020

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those tiny 8th grade kids were definitely a factor in this weekends games.....I believe at one point you guys were beating the Hawks 2021 Elite team 6-0...That does not just happen overnight...You guys cheated and brought in some players from your 2020 team....Very dishonest LaX Factory...How can you be a parent on that team and be OK with that????I hope word gets out about your shady organization

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those tiny 8th grade kids were definitely a factor in this weekends games.....I believe at one point you guys were beating the Hawks 2021 Elite team 6-0...That does not just happen overnight...You guys cheated and brought in some players from your 2020 team....Very dishonest LaX Factory...How can you be a parent on that team and be OK with that????I hope word gets out about your shady organization

The Lax Factory 2020 team was at Crabfeast this weekend so I dont think they had a bunch of 8th graders with the 2021s this weekend. The kids on the 2021 have played together for many years are good players and are hitting their growth spurt. The Hawks just got schooled by a better team. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either way, most teams have a few holdbacks so it was probably an even playing field. Kudos to LF, good to have more quality competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 lax factory 7th graders (2021's) playing up on the weak 2020 team. Two are twins. None of the 4 are big or dominant. They are playing with the 2021's on age for the World Series of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Lax Factory 2020 team was at Crabfeast this weekend so I dont think they had a bunch of 8th graders with the 2021s this weekend. The kids on the 2021 have played together for many years are good players and are hitting their growth spurt. The Hawks just got schooled by a better team. Deal with it.

Speaks the truth. 8th graders were at Crabfeast, so sorry, these were all 7th graders. WSYL will have those age-eligible 2020 kids.

The Hawks made a game of it once they realized they had a game. They just got too deep in a hole and couldn't climb out.

LF came on strong towards the end of spring and convincingly won the HoCo 2021AA tournament, so they should be competitive with the middle of the Elite division. And I think they demonstrated that this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a 1 goal game at the end.

Shame on the Hawks for not taking Lax Fax seriously.

Although I still don't believe that "all the sudden" L.F. found their inner zin. I get a slow transformation but to show up one weekend and beat elite teams......nope.

JMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Although I still don't believe that "all the sudden" L.F. found their inner zin. I get a slow transformation but to show up one weekend and beat elite teams......nope.

JMO

Sorry but it is a ....Yes they did..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JMO

Add to it that they didn't even win the 'B' division at Beach Lax and it seems really hard to imagine there wasn't a little help this past weekend

The next excuse will be that players were hurt or missing from Beach Lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah....Not believing that Lax Fact all of a sudden had this "growth spurt" this week and beating the Hawks and Bitmore. They are not the strongest Elite teams but in the middle of the pack. Lax Fact did not blow either of these teams out but had 3 really good kids on that team that seemed to be out of place. There was a B bracket for 2021's as well. Lax Fact competed B all Spring and Summer. Why all of a sudden compete and win at A?...Not buying the Lax Fact parent arguments.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's unfortunate when youth sports teams cheat to win games. Almost always it's the adults involved.

What is also a pervasive problem is adults not allowing the kids to have accountability for losing. Time and time I hear at tournaments and read on this anonymous forum unfounded accusations of guest players, too old etc. Sometimes your kids don't play well and lose to a team not as talented. It happens to all team in all sports in all levels. I have no direct knowledge of or connection to the teams being discussed. But I can tell that it's all just speculation and to do so w/o putting your name to it just weak. Congrats Lax Factory 2021! When you get trashed on Back of the Cage it means your team is making a move in the right direction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Fac 2021 got 4 kids from 2020. Those 4 are 7th graders and were playing up to a very marginal 2020 team that needed help even tho they are actually 2021's. 2 of the 4 are twins and look like 2021's (i.e. They are small) but have good skills. I see nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Fac 2021 got 4 kids from 2020. Those 4 are 7th graders and were playing up to a very marginal 2020 team that needed help even tho they are actually 2021's. 2 of the 4 are twins and look like 2021's (i.e. They are small) but have good skills. I see nothing wrong with that.

Playing UP!!! Come on!! That is not the Maryland Lacrosse way. We play down here with our holdbacks! You obviously are not a private school parent or have any interest in an MIAA school. Holdbacka are the rule of law in the MIAA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not quite true... those four kids are 8th graders (though they're on the young side and meet the WSYL age cutoff).

Those four kids did NOT play with 2021 at MD Invitational... they were playing with 2020 at Crab Feast. And there were no other new players or other ringers. Same team that played together in the HoCo 2021AA regular season, same team that won 2021AA HoCo tournament. And, yes, same team that lost in the Beach Lax A semis. Whether people want to believe it or not, that's the truth. 100%. Anything you hear to the contrary is probably the grumbling of bitter parents or coaches.

For those of you that think LF was cheating because they apparently made a "sudden transformation" and didn't do well at Beach Lax, let me remind you... these are kids. Sometimes they can really pull it together, and sometimes they completely lose it. It has been a steady trajectory up through the spring, with a few hitches now and then. This past weekend they really pulled it together.

They lost in the Beach Lax semis because they didn't play very well that game. No excuse. Particularly in one area of the game the other team was able to exploit a matchup weakness. Plain and simple. Happens from time to time.

Quite honestly I think some of what happened this weekend is Hawks and Bitmore underestimated them. Not saying they'd win every time against teams of that caliber, but they're more competitive than given credit for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not quite true... those four kids are 8th graders (though they're on the young side and meet the WSYL age cutoff).

Those four kids did NOT play with 2021 at MD Invitational... they were playing with 2020 at Crab Feast. And there were no other new players or other ringers. Same team that played together in the HoCo 2021AA regular season, same team that won 2021AA HoCo tournament. And, yes, same team that lost in the Beach Lax A semis. Whether people want to believe it or not, that's the truth. 100%. Anything you hear to the contrary is probably the grumbling of bitter parents or coaches.

For those of you that think LF was cheating because they apparently made a "sudden transformation" and didn't do well at Beach Lax, let me remind you... these are kids. Sometimes they can really pull it together, and sometimes they completely lose it. It has been a steady trajectory up through the spring, with a few hitches now and then. This past weekend they really pulled it together.

They lost in the Beach Lax semis because they didn't play very well that game. No excuse. Particularly in one area of the game the other team was able to exploit a matchup weakness. Plain and simple. Happens from time to time.

Quite honestly I think some of what happened this weekend is Hawks and Bitmore underestimated them. Not saying they'd win every time against teams of that caliber, but they're more competitive than given credit for.

My kid's team (which I think has actually played LF in a close game a few years ago) once got blown out - I mean just wiped out - at an 8am Saturday morning game. The kids pulled it together, advanced to the championship for a rematch and actually got a lead in the championship. Parents of teams they had beaten to advance and parents of the (host program's) team in the championship just went haywire accusing my kid's team of cheating by bringing in older players after the 8am game to a point -and this is absolutely true - that the tournament director came over and during gameplay accused the team of cheating and adding older kids. You could see him red-faced across the field yelling 10 feet from the kids. The host team scored 4 goals during this tirade before he walked away.

Anyway, these are kids and parents need to realize that sometimes one team will have a bad game and another team will have a great game, without thinking the referees are out to get their team or the other team is cheating. Come one, this is kids sports.* (*This is literally what the parent statskeeper said to that tournament director during his tirade, for which he was kicked off the sideline by him. Lacrosse - you can't make this stuff up!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Epic novel you wrote...cheaters gotta cheat..keep writing your lies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young gunz 2021 AA ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa over Icon in final 5-4. Icon at half had lead 2-1. Mesa has some very nice players face off/attackman/pole. They beat Hawks and Madlax national to get to the ship. Icon is very small but what an impressive group moving the ball. Their speed was to much for Crabs in semis. Crabs got frustrated in the end and lost focus a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Area teams looked pretty good at the World Series - Surprising that Crabs and Hawks did not make a run at it.

Greene Turtle
3-2 – lost to T91 Blaze and Team Carolina

Bethesda
4-2 – Lost to Eclipse and Mad Dog

Koopers
4-1 – Lost to Bethesda

Lax Factory
2-3 – Lost to Leading Edge, Igloo, Mad Dog

3D Mid Atlantic
1-4 – Lost to Mad Dog, Igloo, Lax Factory, Leading Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa over Icon in final 5-4. Icon at half had lead 2-1. Mesa has some very nice players face off/attackman/pole. They beat Hawks and Madlax national to get to the ship. Icon is very small but what an impressive group moving the ball. Their speed was to much for Crabs in semis. Crabs got frustrated in the end and lost focus a bit.

Also making playoffs: express, freedom, Hawks, Madlax and true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find game results for WSYL? Looked all over last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope your a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1.Type in World Series youth lacrosse

2 go to event info

3. Championship schedule will give you all results

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament.

Crab parent here and Icon played faster and harder than us and were impressive.

Funny thing happened on the field before our game against Icon. There was a 2021 lower division game between API and VLC. API had two teams at Young Guns, and we crushed their AA team in our division. But in the game before us, some of their API AA kids were playing on their A team. We already knew some of the kids and recognized a few others from our game the day before.

That's pretty weak to move kids down to win a game. I looked it up and the API A team lost by 10 goals on the first day and then won this game because of the help of those kids.

Add API to the list of clubs that cheat to win a meaningless summer game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament."

Comical. God forbid a L.I. Team lost. Humility. Look it up you clown. Mesa played the same amount of games as Icon. Icon deserved 2nd place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that at last week's Bay Bridge Brawl, there was a bench clearing fight between FCA 2021 and Wolfpack 2021...Anyone have the details?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon parent here, Mesa won. Congrats. Our LI boys are legit 2003 kids and we are proud of our boys. We often play vs. whatever age these tournaments throw at us. No sour grapes. Can't win them all , but when age, puberty , size = level field. I think the people who have played us know what's coming. Good luck to all the rest of the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon parent here, Mesa won. Congrats. Our LI boys are legit 2003 kids and we are proud of our boys. We often play vs. whatever age these tournaments throw at us. No sour grapes. Can't win them all , but when age, puberty , size = level field. I think the people who have played us know what's coming. Good luck to all the rest of the summer.

I think the WSYL championship showed that a few months matter. Sounds like, though, ICON had a great win over Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crab parent here and Icon played faster and harder than us and were impressive.

Funny thing happened on the field before our game against Icon. There was a 2021 lower division game between API and VLC. API had two teams at Young Guns, and we crushed their AA team in our division. But in the game before us, some of their API AA kids were playing on their A team. We already knew some of the kids and recognized a few others from our game the day before.

That's pretty weak to move kids down to win a game. I looked it up and the API A team lost by 10 goals on the first day and then won this game because of the help of those kids.

Add API to the list of clubs that cheat to win a meaningless summer game.
. Hey Crab dad, what are you talking about. CrBs cheats all season including summit tournaments. Your 2020 and 2021 teams are loaded with holdbacks, you know it and so does everyone else in youth lacrosse. Stop pointing fingers and take a long look at your leader Ryan M and all the Crab parents/fans and how disgraceful and pathetic the Crabs organization is.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard