BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did not lose to Medusa. Everyone except the Medusa coach knew Liberty won including the parents. Plus it was the worst game the team played this summer, it happens. Kudos to Medusa for a strong effort in the game!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They did not lose to Medusa. Everyone except the Medusa coach knew Liberty won including the parents. Plus it was the worst game the team played this summer, it happens. Kudos to Medusa for a strong effort in the game!!

You have definitely hit bottom even if the game was to close to call. Sorry but I have seen this team play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who the heck is Medusa?? Did Liberty play anywhere where the rest of the teams played or did they spend their summer playing teams no one has ever heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who the heck is Medusa?? Did Liberty play anywhere where the rest of the teams played or did they spend their summer playing teams no one has ever heard of.

It's an elite club team made up of the top girls from Garden City NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send them down to maryland, we have a way of making teams "not elite"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's an elite club team made up of the top girls from Garden City NY

If they're so elite why don't they play in real tournaments. The LI "Elite" Yellowjackets had a rough time against MD teams this summer. If Medusa can't beat Libert I find it hard to believe that they are "Elite"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has some pretty sweet neon green and grey uniforms

That's Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the ref had Liberty losing! Just make up an excuse and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said
It was one game every team has them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LI "Elite" Yellowjackets had a rough time against MD teams this summer

While it would be nice to go undefeated at ever tournament and crow on the internet about, YJ 2022 had some very competitive games against the Md. Teams so far this summer, they won some, lost some and even tied one or two. The big picture is this, the competition, and close games are helping the girls get better. These players have a long way to go. I'm looking forward to more of what I saw this summer.
The college coaches will be on the sidelines soon enough when YJ, M&D, Heros, TLC play

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While it would be nice to go undefeated at ever tournament and crow on the internet about, YJ 2022 had some very competitive games against the Md. Teams so far this summer, they won some, lost some and even tied one or two. The big picture is this, the competition, and close games are helping the girls get better. These players have a long way to go. I'm looking forward to more of what I saw this summer.
The college coaches will be on the sidelines soon enough when YJ, M&D, Heros, TLC play

Are the YJ 2022 the best team on LI like the 2021 Skak or will they be following the same downward spiral?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering what YJ Russell did to Legacy at LFTC, a number 4 ranking seems generous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Are the stop with the college coaches on sideline
Will so girls be recruited yes and will some be recruited early yes
Now I know this fact is going to crush some of the parents who think travel sports = scholarships
But some girls won't even play HS ball let alone college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a L.I. parent I feel the need to speak out here. The Md. teams beat our girls because they are taught from a young age to play a team minded brand of Lacrosse, we on L.I seem to play a me first brand and that is what is causing the our girls to seem like the talent is dropping. We seem to care more for the club than the development of all our girls, wether it's pounding our chest about points scored or how good a club team is, or how much better one club is than another, disparaging whole clubs because you don't belong to it, our girls not being taught to include the whole team in H.S. or rec league because we parents teach our kids to look down there noses at girls that might struggle instead of helping and trying to better them, or only passing to girls that play for the same club without the coaches fixing that problem, or we parents, coaches and players shunning girls and families that may chose to play for a club that isn't predominate in their district. This is why the Y.J. this year are far less dominate then just 2 years ago, and why at school girls we got beat by teams that we used to win against. those teams got better and we got worse because of petty bitter infighting. We are a very small region that used to dominate because we had pride being from Long Island, now we have pride only to club and thats why we're losing. You younger age groups better wake up or we will be a footnote in Lacrosse history

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a L.I. parent I feel the need to speak out here. The Md. teams beat our girls because they are taught from a young age to play a team minded brand of Lacrosse, we on L.I seem to play a me first brand and that is what is causing the our girls to seem like the talent is dropping. We seem to care more for the club than the development of all our girls, wether it's pounding our chest about points scored or how good a club team is, or how much better one club is than another, disparaging whole clubs because you don't belong to it, our girls not being taught to include the whole team in H.S. or rec league because we parents teach our kids to look down there noses at girls that might struggle instead of helping and trying to better them, or only passing to girls that play for the same club without the coaches fixing that problem, or we parents, coaches and players shunning girls and families that may chose to play for a club that isn't predominate in their district. This is why the Y.J. this year are far less dominate then just 2 years ago, and why at school girls we got beat by teams that we used to win against. those teams got better and we got worse because of petty bitter infighting. We are a very small region that used to dominate because we had pride being from Long Island, now we have pride only to club and thats why we're losing. You younger age groups better wake up or we will be a footnote in Lacrosse history

Amen! This is the reality we live in on LI. If you go to any game or even a practice you will hear parents screaming .... GO, TAKE HER, from midfield. This is a beautiful game when played as a team. Please parents take note of how you are behaving on the sideline. Stop worrying about how many points your kid has and start worrying about how many good plays your kid is making. A well rounded player will hustle on every gb & try her hardest to disrupt an 8m shot even if she is on the other side of the 8. Will take a charge and redefend like her life depended on it. She will keep her head up while you are screaming to her to shot and realize she is tripled and dump a beautiful pass to her teammates and get that assist that none of you are looking for. This is just a couple of things that I speak with my daughter about before every game she plays in. Try it you will be supprised how your daughter will respond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it is big business now but sorry travel sports are not for every one
Clubs need to start making cuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the whining.
Who's winning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Are the stop with the college coaches on sideline
Will so girls be recruited yes and will some be recruited early yes
Now I know this fact is going to crush some of the parents who think travel sports = scholarships
But some girls won't even play HS ball let alone college

Wrong! If I can interpret your apparently drunken post,
every girl from any of those 4 teams who wants too, will star in H.S and Play in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all agree that the 20 minute playoff games and championships are a terrible way to decide some great competition ? Shouldnt we have some say with the organizers to change that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all agree that the 20 minute playoff games and championships are a terrible way to decide some great competition ? Shouldnt we have some say with the organizers to change that ?

Tough to fit a tournament into 2 days without short games - maybe play the short ones in pool play when there are more mismatches and outcomes are decided earlier, and then full games for playoffs? Or only play 2 "pool" games as a warm-up / seeding and then start a double elimination tournament with full games? But then people would complain that they don't have a set schedule. Will never be able to make everyone happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough to fit a tournament into 2 days without short games - maybe play the short ones in pool play when there are more mismatches and outcomes are decided earlier, and then full games for playoffs? Or only play 2 "pool" games as a warm-up / seeding and then start a double elimination tournament with full games? But then people would complain that they don't have a set schedule. Will never be able to make everyone happy.

I agree you wont please everyone. I'd be open to shorter pool play games. I also think you could make the playoffs / championships 15 min halves with a 5 min halftime. You would add 15 total minutes to a game / round. If a tournament has a semifinal and championship you are adding 30 minutes total.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pool Standings
2022 (6th Grade)
Team W L T P GA
YJ 2022 RUSSELL 3 0 0 6 3
Legacy 2022 Blue 3 0 0 6 6
Brookhaven Bandits 2022 3 0 0 6 12
Medusa 2022 2 1 0 4 13
YJ 2022 HARNEY 2 1 0 4 17
LI Empire 2023/2022 2 1 0 4 21
Team 91 Tristate 2023/2022 2 1 0 4 29
Igloo 2022 1 2 0 2 20
Planedge 1 2 0 2 23
T9-2022 1 2 0 2 31
Team 91 Girls 2022 Orange 0 2 1 1 21
CT CHARGERS 0 2 1 1 33
YJ 2022 SAL 0 3 0 0 27
Legacy Lax 22/23 0 3 0 0 35
BRACKET

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bracket results

Semi finals

YJ 13 medusa 2

Legacy 8 bandits 6

Finals
YJ 11 legacy 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a very reliable source...the director of Md United is starting a new club in Florida to be named Florida United (duh), and possibly dumping the MD club and moving. This is further proof she is not a true lacrosse person, but a person more into it for then $$$. BA (the "director") makes promises she won't keep and basically black-balls players who don't want to play D1. I wonder what will happen to all of the greener pasture, club-jumping, star chasing parents when they see that the precious Md United is s S**t Show? From a former player, I was told that she quit helping with recruiting after Caroline Steele and Madison Carter from the 2015's went to MD and Penn St, respectively. By the way...neither one coaches at Md United. They are coaches for Integrity Lacrosse. What does that tell ya?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a very reliable source...the director of Md United is starting a new club in Florida to be named Florida United (duh), and possibly dumping the MD club and moving. This is further proof she is not a true lacrosse person, but a person more into it for then $$$. BA (the "director") makes promises she won't keep and basically black-balls players who don't want to play D1. I wonder what will happen to all of the greener pasture, club-jumping, star chasing parents when they see that the precious Md United is s S**t Show? From a former player, I was told that she quit helping with recruiting after Caroline Steele and Madison Carter from the 2015's went to MD and Penn St, respectively. By the way...neither one coaches at Md United. They are coaches for Integrity Lacrosse. What does that tell ya?

It tells us the Florist is in panic mode and paying more that United. That club was started years ago. Crazy you are on here on every thread spreading old information, like it was new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which makes sense, her 22 team lost her best players to M&D last year. She doesn't want a repeat here or with the 21's..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It tells us the Florist is in panic mode and paying more that United. That club was started years ago. Crazy you are on here on every thread spreading old information, like it was new.

I assume you are calling Integrity the florist judging by your previous posts? If so, then I hate to inform you that I have no connection to Integrity, but I do live in MD. Why do you call them the florist? Second, I've never heard of Florida United. Third, the info was told me implying it was new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one gives a flying you know what about MD United. Never mattered, never will. Why are you posting all this crap on every thread? You just come off as a shiner that I'm sure is not missed by the club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity is all about winning tournaments at the expense of developing a cohesive team environment. Watching them play is similar to watching reruns on TV. They have a handful of girls that you know are going to goal every time they touch the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are calling Integrity the florist judging by your previous posts? If so, then I hate to inform you that I have no connection to Integrity, but I do live in MD. Why do you call them the florist? Second, I've never heard of Florida United. Third, the info was told me implying it was new.

Thank you Donald Trump.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stolen for the 2021 thread...

Lets have some healthy, friendly discussion about the state of the 2022 Girls Club Lacrosse.

* Most Improved Team This Year-- legacy

* Best Sportsmanship by Team--

* Best Sportsmanship by Parents-- medusa

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

5-10 was difficult a drop off compared to top 5

Did Liberty play TG black today at the Grind? Did they meet in the playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets have some healthy, friendly discussion about the state of the 2022 Girls Club Lacrosse.

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

TG WON 9-8 over liberty in the finals. Based on that I would move the Liberty 2022 Black team up on this list right behind TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C2 may try to continue but it will be a clear violation of NCAA rules
". Local Sports Clubs
a. Coaches and institutional staff member in sports other than basketball may
be involved in any capacity (e.g. as a participant, administrator or in
instructional or coaching activities) in the same sport for a local sports
club or organization located in the institution’s home community,
provided all prospective student-athletes participating in said activities are
legal residents of the area (within a 50-mile radius of the institution)"

YES, she is aware of the rule. They are taking steps to comply with the rule.

I predict C2 will fold or be sold for a token amount

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

TG WON 9-8 over liberty in the finals. Based on that I would move the Liberty 2022 Black team up on this list right behind TG.

YJ Harney lost to Bandits at lax bash (8-6)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

YJ Harney lost to Bandits at lax bash (8-6)

And?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from Hofstra tourney for this age group? How are the LI teams doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from Hofstra tourney for this age group? How are the LI teams doing?

Most notably in the top division, TG black went 4-0 to win the division, with Sound Crosse coming in 2nd. Elevate didn't make the playoffs and looked like a B team against TG who beat Elevate 11-3. Igloo went 0-4 and didn't have one close game. Elevate Blue needs to step up their game quickly, they are way behind the curve in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with the summer coming to an end any results on which club has the best coaching and experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with the summer coming to an end any results on which club has the best coaching and experience

Avoid YJ unless you come from the right town. Daddy coach and his puppet are the most political in the organization.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard