BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the typo . . . 100-Elevate

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monster beat MD United head-to-head last weekend at Lax for the Cure. I think it's fair to say they should be included in the conversation. Integrity just isn't a top ten team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Monster beat MD United head-to-head last weekend at Lax for the Cure. I think it's fair to say they should be included in the conversation. Integrity just isn't a top ten team.

Monster also beat Heros and TLC in the fall. Problem is, they only show up twice a year. Where are they the rest of the time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the typo . . . 100-Elevate

That's almost as funny as Skak not making playoffs last weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard CR will be scouting the LI 3 Lax tourny for some fresh talent? Rumor has it she is fed up with this teams performance this summer and only a handful are guaranteed a spot next year. Major changes are coming.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. I have no problem putting Md United out of the top ten, but Integrity is at least in the top 10 conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Skak should be considered nothing higher than 7-10. Skak is probably barely the best team on Long Island at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Skak goes 2-2 at LFTC you bet your bottom dollar they shouldn't be any higher than 7-8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most Improved: Skywalkers
Best Uniform:
Best Run Tournament: Lax for the Cure
Team Ranks:
1. M&D
2. Skywalkers
3. Heros
4. YJ Skak
5. Stars
6. Monster
7. NEMS
8. MD United
9. Pure
10.TLC

TLC lost two more starters. Still have talent and have not had a quality win since Spring 2014.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Uniform:
Team Ranks:
1. M&D
2. Skywalkers
3. Heros
4. YJ Skak
5. Monster
6. Stars
7. NEMS
8. MD United
9. Pure
10.TLC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard CR will be scouting the LI 3 Lax tourny for some fresh talent? Rumor has it she is fed up with this teams performance this summer and only a handful are guaranteed a spot next year. Major changes are coming.

Nothing wrong with being challenged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Skak goes 2-2 at LFTC you bet your bottom dollar they shouldn't be any higher than 7-8.

The losses were by 1 goal to Skywalkers and also lost to M&D who hasn't lost in over a year. Not exactly something to be ashamed of.

YJ Skak is certainly not in the 7-8 range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Uniform:
Team Ranks:
1. M&D
2. Skywalkers
3. Heros
4. YJ Skak
5. Monster
6. Stars
7. NEMS
8. MD United
9. Pure
10.TLC

Why do you people keep putting Md United on this list? My guess is that you think they're as good as they were a few years ago. The reality is that today they are no longer pretty good...they're more like mediocre now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be significant changes to the Baltimore teams over the coming weeks. Too many mediocre teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The losses were by 1 goal to Skywalkers and also lost to M&D who hasn't lost in over a year. Not exactly something to be ashamed of.

YJ Skak is certainly not in the 7-8 range.

Get over YJ mom and face it this team year over year has gone backwards! Way too many friends and family and connected kids that can't get it done. Girls that may have stood out last summer are now above average at best.. The MD teams are just more physical and stronger. Very sad if this is the best LI has to offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be significant changes to the Baltimore teams over the coming weeks. Too many mediocre teams.

Are Skywalkers, Heros and TLC all going to merge to try and beat M&D?

And there are a lot more good teams in MD then on LI. YJ is by far the best in the island and they lost 4 games to MD teams in 3 tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the boys side there are so many holdbacks with you Maryland people. I was at lax for the cure and your girls are bigger so I'm thinking most part you guys do the same with your girls. My daughter is 2021 and born oct 03. She would be a 2022 with your rules and she would dominate a year younger. All about the athletic advantage with Maryland. It all comes out in the wash come college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no question that some Maryland girls are older at these age groups. All you have to do is look closely. Some of these girls have 6-8 inches on their Long Island counter parts. Enjoy your early advantage. Funny how they don't enter into the U15 championships. I wonder why??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there are a lot more good teams in MD then on LI. YJ is by far the best in the island and they lost 4 games to MD teams in 3 tournaments

There is enough talent in central Maryland to field two teams as good as M+D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no question that some Maryland girls are older at these age groups. All you have to do is look closely. Some of these girls have 6-8 inches on their Long Island counter parts. Enjoy your early advantage. Funny how they don't enter into the U15 championships. I wonder why??

Skak parents you are embarrassing yourselves! You have been playing these same teams since the 4th grade now you want to pull the age card. Maybe CR should ask, where's the beef and do a better job recruiting bigger girls. YJ might just have to start to actually develop girls instead of just turning them loose on a field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be something in the crab cakes down there. Or they are just older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skak parents you are embarrassing yourselves! You have been playing these same teams since the 4th grade now you want to pull the age card. Maybe CR should ask, where's the beef and do a better job recruiting bigger girls. YJ might just have to start to actually develop girls instead of just turning them loose on a field.

I agree. Quit embarrassing yourselves. Be a grown-up and admit defeat. Quit with the excuses. The Md girls are not older. We do have teams at the U15, and those teams are made up of many of these same players. Maybe CR and her cronies should quit worrying so much about the $$$ and start coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age excuse is just that with the girls. With the boys you would have a point, but the girls don't hold back and repeat grades like the girls do. The girl private schools don't allow it. It's an excuse passed down to LI parents from LI club directors. If the few girls born in September- November make that much difference that's a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is enough talent in central Maryland to field two teams as good as M+D.

If you say so. I'm sure they are just waiting until High School to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age excuse is just that with the girls. With the boys you would have a point, but the girls don't hold back and repeat grades like the girls do. The girl private schools don't allow it. It's an excuse passed down to LI parents from LI club directors. If the few girls born in September- November make that much difference that's a shame.

BINGO! Here in MD, girls do not "hold back" like some of the boys do. That's why it gets under the skin of the LI clubs so much...because they cannot fathom losing fair and square. If they get beaten by a MD team you can bet your right testicle that the excuses will come, fast and furious; star was sick, two girls were at a camp, the MD girls are really too old, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes you just lose. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the boys side there are so many holdbacks with you Maryland people. I was at lax for the cure and your girls are bigger so I'm thinking most part you guys do the same with your girls. My daughter is 2021 and born oct 03. She would be a 2022 with your rules and she would dominate a year younger. All about the athletic advantage with Maryland. It all comes out in the wash come college.

Thanks Mom - can't wait to watch your daughter dominate when she gets to high school and plays younger girls. Tell us her name and school so we can watch for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Quit embarrassing yourselves. Be a grown-up and admit defeat. Quit with the excuses. The Md girls are not older. We do have teams at the U15, and those teams are made up of many of these same players. Maybe CR and her cronies should quit worrying so much about the $$$ and start coaching.

Good point, how much coaching vs poaching goes on at YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would appear not enough of either based on this summers 2021 and below performance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ 2021 top team did not meet expectations. Having said that I am quite certain the changes that need to be made will not escape the Director. With a renewed commitment from these young ladies I am certain they will be back competing at the top. Time to meet your competitions commitment level from coaches to each and every player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would appear not enough of either based on this summers 2021 and below performance.

Yeah, YJ 2021 should be embarrassed about losing in the finals of Mid-Atlantic and the Semis of Laxin Out Loud. And I don't know how those girls slept at night after the one goal loss to Skywalkers at LFTC kept them out of the playoffs. Those 13 year old girls should be ashamed of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Skak parents you are embarrassing yourselves! You have been playing these same teams since the 4th grade now you want to pull the age card. Maybe CR should ask, where's the beef and do a better job recruiting bigger girls. YJ might just have to start to actually develop girls instead of just turning them loose on a field. [/quote]

I agree. Quit embarrassing yourselves. Be a grown-up and admit defeat. Quit with the excuses. The Md girls are not older. We do have teams at the U15, and those teams are made up of many of these same players. Maybe CR and her cronies should quit worrying so much about the $$$ and start coaching. [/quote]
Good point, how much coaching vs poaching goes on at YJ. [/quote]

It would appear not enough of either based on this summers 2021 and below performance. [/quote]

Yeah, YJ 2021 should be embarrassed about losing in the finals of Mid-Atlantic and the Semis of Laxin Out Loud. And I don't know how those girls slept at night after the one goal loss to Skywalkers at LFTC kept them out of the playoffs. Those 13 year old girls should be ashamed of themselves. [/quote]

I bet the girls slept fine, the parents of the girls who will be moving down probably not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ 2021 top team did not meet expectations. Having said that I am quite certain the changes that need to be made will not escape the Director. With a renewed commitment from these young ladies I am certain they will be back competing at the top. Time to meet your competitions commitment level from coaches to each and every player.

I'm quite certain that as long as the club director puts $$$$ first the changes that need to be made won't be made. Sure she will drop a few down maybe pull one or two up but the wholesale change that needs to be made won't happen. Bye the way, the best girls on LI as you like to say dont appear to be responding to this coach. Do the girls still seem to be happier and play better when she's not around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm quite certain that as long as the club director puts $$$$ first the changes that need to be made won't be made. Sure she will drop a few down maybe pull one or two up but the wholesale change that needs to be made won't happen. Bye the way, the best girls on LI as you like to say dont appear to be responding to this coach. Do the girls still seem to be happier and play better when she's not around?

What exactly is the concern? It's not like they lost games to some crappy teams. They lost 4 games this summer to 3 or the best teams in MD. 2 of them to probably the best team in America at this age. Another was in a short playoff game and the other was by a goal. As a Maryland parent, I just don't see that this team is the disaster you guys make it out to be. Are your expectations that they never lose a game? At this point, it's going to be hard for any team to win a tournament when M&D is there. Things may change next year and that won't be the case but YJ is certainly still one of the top teams at the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly is the concern? It's not like they lost games to some crappy teams. They lost 4 games this summer to 3 or the best teams in MD. 2 of them to probably the best team in America at this age. Another was in a short playoff game and the other was by a goal. As a Maryland parent, I just don't see that this team is the disaster you guys make it out to be. Are your expectations that they never lose a game? At this point, it's going to be hard for any team to win a tournament when M&D is there. Things may change next year and that won't be the case but YJ is certainly still one of the top teams at the grade.

So that would make Skak the third best team in America in addition to the best team on LI? Maybe things aren't so bad when you put it that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that would make Skak the third best team in America in addition to the best team on LI? Maybe things aren't so bad when you put it that way.

That was exactly my point. Not to mention they are the only team to have beaten M&D in the last 2 years. Why do LI parents act like the sky is falling because they lost a few games? Is it really arrogance that YJ should always be the best team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's going to be even tougher to beat M &D next season as other top players from neighboring clubs are set to try out. If you think they pounded teams this year, watch what they do when they add another piece here and another piece there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see very little, if any, turnover on the current roster of this M&D team. They are a very cohesive unit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj has been and will be the top team on LI , in the past there were no top guns/elevate/legacy to name a few, yj was elite as well outside of LI.
Many of these other LI girl programs have a small core that take awAy from making yj elite. Many yj affiliates know this and are shopping around to get those girls they need to take down M&D. It's just a matter of time and probable will see many new faces next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's going to be even tougher to beat M &D next season as other top players from neighboring clubs are set to try out. If you think they pounded teams this year, watch what they do when they add another piece here and another piece there.

Wanting to come to M&D and making the team are two different things. Pretty tight group right now and can't see a lot of turnover on a team that didn't lose a game all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj has been and will be the top team on LI , in the past there were no top guns/elevate/legacy to name a few, yj was elite as well outside of LI.
Many of these other LI girl programs have a small core that take awAy from making yj elite. Many yj affiliates know this and are shopping around to get those girls they need to take down M&D. It's just a matter of time and probable will see many new faces next year.

Yes, CR just ordered a dozen of those Groucho Marx glasses for her affiliates. They will be out scouring the LI tourney scene over the next few weeks.

Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard