BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 77 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Come on guys dont be so jaded. The kids are all good. These type of events are not about coaching. How much can a coach teach in just a few practices. I get it that some people are pissed their child didnt make the team and they will always bash the selection process. The fact that Long Island has not won it in a while sucks but its not as if the teams they are playing suck. All these teams are good and at any given time one can beat another.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They lost? Wow..... But wait weren't those kids the AA's who couldn't miss the dinner to accept their numerous awards on the first night of tryouts? I'm so shocked they lost. These were the best players in the top 40. I hope you hear the sarcasm

Is it true Joe D was coaching the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Over rated. As predicted, another embarrasment for a LI politically connected squad.

What people need to start understanding is there are other regions with exceptional talent. The players that were sent from Long Island are all and I mean all very gifted and talented players. They were beat by very gifted and talented players. Unless there is a kid that is so far ahead or better than the ones not selected than I would say there was an injustice. To say that this was not a very talented group representing Long Island is just plain silly. I believe every kid on the Highlight team is committed to top programs. The boys played well and did a great job. This goes for all the boys in all divisions

You are very wrong there is a kid who doesn't belong, point to blank is not as good as 20 others, but finds his way on each of these types of teams. He does not belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a middie on top team. Was not good has some of these kids in 9th grade.
Now his better then most of them. He told me he doesn't want to try out, because the team is picked already. That is the problem I am sure he is not alone.@

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over rated. As predicted, another embarrasment for a LI politically connected squad.

What people need to start understanding is there are other regions with exceptional talent. The players that were sent from Long Island are all and I mean all very gifted and talented players. They were beat by very gifted and talented players. Unless there is a kid that is so far ahead or better than the ones not selected than I would say there was an injustice. To say that this was not a very talented group representing Long Island is just plain silly. I believe every kid on the Highlight team is committed to top programs. The boys played well and did a great job. This goes for all the boys in all divisions

You are very wrong there is a kid who doesn't belong, point to blank is not as good as 20 others, but finds his way on each of these types of teams. He does not belong.

No problem with the players, but bad mix when dad's are still coaching 17 and 18 year olds

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

------------------------

What kind of coward are you to hide behind an anonymous post spouting nonsense about a specific student - athlete on the UA LI Team.

Be a man and give YOUR name. Coward.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Long Island beat the two teams that are vying for the title. Its all about match ups. Any one team can beat another. One player does not make or break a team of 22 players at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell, 15 of 22 players on the LI UA team were turtles/Express at one time or another. There may be a couple more but can't verify. There are a couple others who are younger and also play for express. There is no one on the team who doesn't have a connection to at least one of the organizers. Mike Chanenchuk and the so called impartial evaluators would have us all believe that these same kids that everyone has talked about since 4/5th grade as the best on Long Island are still the absolute best. im sorry, but the best kids in our town back then are not nearly the best now. Saying the turtle/express kids are still the best is saying that the rest of Long Island didn't develop over the last 6-7 yrs. Certainly, those kids are good, but it's time for everyone to realize that UA tryouts are a promotional/marketing tool for the Long Island express and Mike Chanenchuk. He has it made because people will continue to attend because it's a great chance for kids to be seen by a lot of coaches, but he can chose whoever he wants because there are no checks and balances or governing bodies to regulate anything. Corrigan sports gives him complete control and no one can call BS. It is what it is. Parents moving forward will have to talk to the kids who aren't connected and explain what to expect. Some will not try out and some will. Our family chose to try out because it gave our son an opportunity to play in front of a lot of coaches and not leave the island. Unfortunately we put money in the pockets of some unethical people, but my kid is the priority. For anyone who is frustrated by this process, it may help a little to know the college coach's know it's a scam. That's why they show up on the first day before all the political BS starts. I have serious concerns for our sport in the future. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell, 15 of 22 players on the LI UA team were turtles/Express at one time or another. There may be a couple more but can't verify. There are a couple others who are younger and also play for express. There is no one on the team who doesn't have a connection to at least one of the organizers. Mike Chanenchuk and the so called impartial evaluators would have us all believe that these same kids that everyone has talked about since 4/5th grade as the best on Long Island are still the absolute best. im sorry, but the best kids in our town back then are not nearly the best now. Saying the turtle/express kids are still the best is saying that the rest of Long Island didn't develop over the last 6-7 yrs. Certainly, those kids are good, but it's time for everyone to realize that UA tryouts are a promotional/marketing tool for the Long Island express and Mike Chanenchuk. He has it made because people will continue to attend because it's a great chance for kids to be seen by a lot of coaches, but he can chose whoever he wants because there are no checks and balances or governing bodies to regulate anything. Corrigan sports gives him complete control and no one can call BS. It is what it is. Parents moving forward will have to talk to the kids who aren't connected and explain what to expect. Some will not try out and some will. Our family chose to try out because it gave our son an opportunity to play in front of a lot of coaches and not leave the island. Unfortunately we put money in the pockets of some unethical people, but my kid is the priority. For anyone who is frustrated by this process, it may help a little to know the college coach's know it's a scam. That's why they show up on the first day before all the political BS starts. I have serious concerns for our sport in the future. Good luck to all.

None of this is new. All star teams are always political, and there is always a whole lot of complaining after the teams are picked (much of this complaining is founded, some is not).

The Empire State Games were the same way. Whatever replaces this UA thing in the future will be the same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are very wrong there is a kid who doesn't belong, point blank is not as good as 20 others, but finds his way on each of these types of teams. He does not belong.

Long Island beat the two teams that are vying for the title. Its all about match ups. Any one team can beat another. One player does not make or break a team of 22 players at this level.

Balt. never played LI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18/22 players on the UA team are or were affiliated with Express at one time or another, I think that pretty much tells you all you need to know about this farce of an event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18/22 players on the UA team are or were affiliated with Express at one time or another, I think that pretty much tells you all you need to know about this farce of an event.

And MANY Express/SA/Cham kids didnt make the team of 22. And of them, many deserved to make the 22. But the 22 picked is not why the team lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And MANY Express/SA/Cham kids didnt make the team of 22. And of them, many deserved to make the 22. But the 22 picked is not why the team lost.

lmao, how about all the non Express/SA/Cham kids that didnt make it and deserved to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lmao, how about all the non Express/SA/Cham kids that didnt make it and deserved to?

Yes I agree but I was responding to someone saying ONLY kids from Express or any player whom ever played for Express (which is a crazy broad statement!) made the 22.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I agree but I was responding to someone saying ONLY kids from Express or any player whom ever played for Express (which is a crazy broad statement!) made the 22.

Umm its not a crazy broad statement at all, FACT: 18 of the 22 kids that made the final roster are or were Express players and who was evaluating and coaching the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure there is an alternative to the MC Express coaching show. Who else wants this? Does UA pay well? I would think other highly qualified
coaches are involved in other higher $$ gigs this time of year. Do you want to deal with crazy parents? Do other club guys want to try this?
I cant wait to see the [lacrosse] show a few years from now when Lizards coach has his guys in this age bracket, should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how is the 22 picked not why the team lost? Please enlighten us. Why did they lose?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm its not a crazy broad statement at all, FACT: 18 of the 22 kids that made the final roster are or were Express players and who was evaluating and coaching the team?

IMO- this comment, "are or were affiliated with Express at one time or another" is a very broad statement because of the amount of players over the years in 2017 class that might've played for Express, its a lot of kids. Thats my only point, I am not a coach or owner of Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to the above! And besides the money grab what is it MC is doing? Continuing to fuel the SA machine. Play for us. Play for me. Whether it's for the Express or even better SA. See all the riches that await you. Don't go to the other private schools. They can't give you what we do. Your public high school team stinks. Our connections will get you on teams you never would have been on if not affiliated with us. The lazy college coaches come to us. You will get exposure. Sure we have 60 kids on the sideline after cuts. Sure you probably won't play any substantial varsity minutes. But you'll be on a winner. We have no interest in the CHSAA league being improved. So what if the championship is predetermined for the next 50 years? Only two teams matter anyway. Don't listen to the talking heads on MSG Varsity. We are the only game in town and somehow I keep ending up evaluating UA teams. Isn't life grand? HAHA. So when people talk about what's good for the game. Don't listen. Come to the Express. Come to SA. And all will be right in the world. Yack!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how is the 22 picked not why the team lost? Please enlighten us. Why did they lose?

Who was controlling the box? Who was calling the plays? Who was handling player match ups? Who was handling the subs? Who was running the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was controlling the box? Who was calling the plays? Who was handling player match ups? Who was handling the subs? Who was running the team?

The same guy who led the team to lose the past several years! Time for someone new!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole system is broken and corrupt. From the selection process to the coaching, it all sucks.

The same guy who led the team to lose the past several years! Time for someone new!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you'll be on a winner. We have no interest in the CHSAA league being improved. So what if the championship is predetermined for the next 50 years? Only two teams matter anyway. Don't listen to the talking heads on MSG Varsity.

Again -- neither Chaminade nor St. Anthony's pushed for the current two team league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta laugh when you hear St. A & Chammy refer to themselves as being state champs. What a crock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta laugh when you hear St. A & Chammy refer to themselves as being state champs. What a crock.

Crock of crap! They have absolutely no idea what it takes to be a real state champ!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody from either school ever does. Every once in a while someone from MSGV will call them "AAA state champs" or something similar, but I've never heard anyone from either school refer to themselves as the state champions of anything.

And complaints from the smaller schools is what led to the current two-team setup. It was not driven by either Chaminade or St. Anthony's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice choke job by the hand picked dream team, what an absolute joke...........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice choke job by the hand picked dream team, what an absolute joke...........

The players or coaches? Is there a official list of coaches from that team somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back to ur red cup.....

Don't drag the players into this. The kids all played hard and are not involved in the selection process.

I'm sure ur kid is best on LI right? If so he should have many opportunities to play in high level events.... UA is one event... Get over it. How was Brine ? Did ur kid make that? Did he try out? Oh and by the way if u think the UA tryouts were unfair on LI u could have tried out for Jersey or upstate squads.... If ur kid is such a stud he would make it... No?

Don't worry, in a few short years you and ur son can belly up to the bar together and [lacrosse] about how unfair life is...

Enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not do a catholic school vs public game in the style of the (Nassau Suffolk game).

I look at it this way. Nassau or Suffolk only plays about 15 kids in that N/S game so combine those 30 boys and make one team, then you say the catholics monopolizes the All-Star event selection process so why not make their political picks another team and have at it.

Do it grade by grade, like N/S game and see who is better; if you think the catholic school teams are all star teams anyway. See what true all-star teams are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you said that no one from either team ever declares themselves state champs? are you kidding? that is a total load of crap. that's all the parents talk about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't drag the players into this. The kids all played hard and are not involved in the selection process.

I'm sure ur kid is best on LI right? If so he should have many opportunities to play in high level events.... UA is one event... Get over it. How was Brine ? Did ur kid make that? Did he try out? Oh and by the way if u think the UA tryouts were unfair on LI u could have tried out for Jersey or upstate squads.... If ur kid is such a stud he would make it... No?

Don't worry, in a few short years you and ur son can belly up to the bar together and [lacrosse] about how unfair life is...

Enjoy!

One thing for sure is if you are a midfielder that doesn't play any defense you have a chance to make UA team..not one of those kids play any defense. You can't tell me the offense is that good. Everyone can't be an offensive midfielder. We're they never taught defense starting at the PAL level. Embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you said that no one from either team ever declares themselves state champs? are you kidding? that is a total load of crap. that's all the parents talk about.

I've certainly never heard it.

Nobody who knows anything about lacrosse would ever call C or SA state champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy!

Why so angry? Was it your kid who was supposedly a stud, but choked in the big games? Tryout process is problematic, everyone knows it. Can be easily fixed by bringing in outside evaluators, which would be easy. After all they do collect about 200$ a kid tryout fee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy!

Lets try and make this simple so you can grasp the concept. No one is questioning the kids who were picked and their talent level or their effort. Im sure they played hard and showed well, no one is debating that the team as it was picked wasnt talented or the kids didnt deserve to be there. Having said that I think everyone can agree that the tryout process was a complete and utter farce, to call it anything different is just being blind or dishonest. If the team was predetermined as it clearly was, why have tryouts at all? The obvious answer is that it was a straight money grab. Compounding the issue was the results of the tournament in which the LI team clearly underachieved and made another early exit. I wasnt there but I have seen posts on here alluding to the fact that one of the dads was coaching the team? Is this accurate? Additionally the fact that a large majority of the kids selected were from one club and the evaluators were from that same club, makes it just that more rotten. Finally to your point about trying out for a different region, the rules clearly state you have to try out for the region you live in. Furthermore why should a kid have to drive to NJ or Upstate when he lives on LI and should have a fair shot at the LI tryout? I agree with you that the kids should not be blamed here but if you cant see why people are angry with this process, you clearly dont get it and it has nothing to do with red cups, just plain common sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody have an all star team that was picked without people going crazy over the process? Empire teams were always stacked with public school kids and the Catholics never had a fair shot, the timing of UA was perfect that they started on LI when the Empires stopped and now that team is stacked with Catholic school and Express kids. People going crazy about the U19 and the college coaches picking there own players.

The problem is that there is no fair way to do it, they are not going to bring in evaluators and coaches from off the Island. I completely believe that if 91 was running the UA show the team would have had an entirely different make up and probably the same results and if WM/SYO/WI and GC coaches where the evaluators and coaches it would have been different from the 91 or Express rosters and also would have had the same results

It is what it is and hopefully the better and deserving kids are on the "fixed" side once in a while and not always on the "screwed" side of the coin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you'll be on a winner. We have no interest in the CHSAA league being improved. So what if the championship is predetermined for the next 50 years? Only two teams matter anyway. Don't listen to the talking heads on MSG Varsity.

Again -- neither Chaminade nor St. Anthony's pushed for the current two team league.

Really? Let your players transfer without penalty. And stop with the its out of our hands crock. Those two schools hold enough clout to get it done. After their freshman year tell those that are not going to play the deal. It's not like new talent isn't coming every year. An 8th grader who is already committed is willing to travel the 15 miles to school every morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their are so many factors to this mess we call high school lacrosse. In no particular order:

1) Politics (always been a problem, going back to the ES games)
2) The travel team money grab. Selling the dream to parents. The argument that you must join or be left behind. That's what got MLB players in trouble with steroids. If you can't beat em, join em.
3) The travel team/ catholic high schools alliance. LIE, nuff said.
4) The domination by older kids at the youth level. Only now do we see the birth dates listed and note kids anywhere from 6 to sometimes 12 months older. I must say a true "A ha" moment. Birth certificates should be used to level the competition in the early grades.
5) Those kids being put together on one club team to dominate a grade for many years. I will get back to this one. I won't mention any club names here. Funny thing is we praised them for playing up, when truthfully they were right where they belonged.
6) Having not made the move pre-kindergarten, the reclassing and PG ing of players. 24 year old college grads is on the horizon.
7) A club team's directors being put in charge of evaluating kids fairly. PU, that one stinks.
8) Putting a majority of their kids on a "prestigious" team like the UA team. Total payback and selling the dream to all those contemplating high schools.
9) And pretty much telling parents- join or club (and our HS) or be left behind.
10) And the vicious cycle continues.

So one must wonder what other 4th grade reptile teams are out there today that will dominate the private HS and UA ranks 7 years from now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a posting anywhere of D3 commits?

Many should have happened July 1st.

Page 70 of 77 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard