BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 144 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then go elsewhere ! No one is holding a gun to your head

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Mike "This is a FOR Profit" team Chanenchuk that question...>Express only participate in tourneys MR Chanenchuck and friends can profit from. Don't listen to "it's all about the kids". LI Express is all about how much can Mike and friends make while making it sound as if there's a scholarship awaiting every LI Express player. If your kid doesn't make the Express A team, run for the hills. Then again, save your $100 ($100 to tryout....talk about being pompous) and go get coached by others who have just as much experience and superior coaching.....its easy to figure out which teams they are...they're listed under Long Island Clubs on this website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe ti's time for the Express and all the other "elite" teams to start telling all parents how many actual sports are open on each team prior to tryouts? Why isn't this happening now? Because at $100/kid x 100 to 200 kids at each age, they're making money hand over fist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go elsewhere. Consumers have choices.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why is the express pompous for charging $100 for two days of tryouts but 91 isn't and they are charging $55 per day??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And while other clubs rent fields, Mr Chanechuk gets his field time for free courtesy of tax payers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real question is not how much the try out cost how much does THE SUMMER COST. Last year he did not tell you wwhat you where paying until you recieved the invite that you made the team. HE CHARGED EVRYONE AN EXTRA $260 DOLLARS. You should just walk off the cliff how do you buy something not knowing what it cost. Stop drinking the coolade and wake up or just mail your check and stay home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out current members of 2016 Orange, that's not a light at the end of the tunnel - it's the Chaminade, St Anthony's and Kellenberg freight train.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And while other clubs rent fields, Mr Chanechuk gets his field time for free courtesy of tax payers

someone please do a freedom of information and find out exactly who has these permits and how much they do and do not pay for them and then lets put this subject to rest for ever. I also never understood why this is all on MC, aren't there 4 directors of LI Express? and don't these other men have more prominent coaching positions in HS coaching? and do they or do they not benefit from the sweetheart deals that may or may not exist between TOB and LI Express and why are these men never called out on this while MC is constantly raked over the coals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ wants 125.00 a tryout. That is absurd!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am amazed by all of this. There is a very simple solution for the people how have a “problem’ with Club Lacrosse Teams.

Don’t play for them, Don’t go to their tryouts and Don’t come on this site and complain about their business.

Follow the three easy steps listed above and your “Problem” will go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont hold your breath. What's the matter your son still sitting on the bench. Take a hike !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont hold your breath. What's the matter your son still sitting on the bench. Take a hike !!

who are you responding to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All spring and summer there were Jesters teams practicing on TOB fields. I also saw 91 teams practicing on them. If Express has the fields "locked up", how does that happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out current members of 2016 Orange, that's not a light at the end of the tunnel - it's the Chaminade, St Anthony's and Kellenberg freight train.

Happens every year freshman year. They see who comimits to St Anthony or Chaminade and then the tie always goes to those kids over a public school kid. There is room for a few exceptions but count on seeing the majority of black and red helmets and even moreso each year that passes. That is the express agenda. There is still time to enroll in Chaminade if youve put your deposit in but it has to be before classes start. St Anthony's will take a kid later. If you are not sure how this will work out get your kid into one of those two schools ASAP to swing the odds in your favor. Either way you cant go wrong with a better education and a less stressful express experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Mike "This is a FOR Profit" team Chanenchuk that question...>Express only participate in tourneys MR Chanenchuck and friends can profit from. Don't listen to "it's all about the kids". LI Express is all about how much can Mike and friends make while making it sound as if there's a scholarship awaiting every LI Express player. If your kid doesn't make the Express A team, run for the hills. Then again, save your $100 ($100 to tryout....talk about being pompous) and go get coached by others who have just as much experience and superior coaching.....its easy to figure out which teams they are...they're listed under Long Island Clubs on this website

I do not believe LI Express has ever pretended they were a "Not-for-Profit". They are a business and as such can and will make money. It's that simple!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happens every year freshman year. They see who comimits to St Anthony or Chaminade and then the tie always goes to those kids over a public school kid. There is room for a few exceptions but count on seeing the majority of black and red helmets and even moreso each year that passes. That is the express agenda. There is still time to enroll in Chaminade if youve put your deposit in but it has to be before classes start. St Anthony's will take a kid later. If you are not sure how this will work out get your kid into one of those two schools ASAP to swing the odds in your favor. Either way you cant go wrong with a better education and a less stressful express experience.

I agree. Worked for my kid. He made Orange and had never played Express before. Some public school kids at his position are now on Blue or left the club. My kid is good but I can't say he's better but he made a very good school choice that is working well academically and on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think so ? Years ago when I ran a softball team there was no such thing as a free field. Taking the current economic state of the county I doubt anyone is getting anything for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Worked for my kid. He made Orange and had never played Express before. Some public school kids at his position are now on Blue or left the club. My kid is good but I can't say he's better but he made a very good school choice that is working well academically and on the field.

You're proud of this? "My kid is good but I can't say he's better" but, because you pay for your child to go to the coaches school he made the team? Jeeze, I'd be embarrassed to admit that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC also gets free fields for his OBLL.
If any club can afford to give some money back in this economy it's the Express. Pretty funny that their address is based in Suffolk county. I live in TOB and find it ridiculous that the fields we so desperately needed because of the large amount of kids in the town are handed over to an organization that is based in not only another township but another county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how difficult is the competition to get a spot on the Express 2016 team assuming that your kid is going to Chaminade or St. Anthony's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any club can afford to give some money back in this economy it's the Express. Pretty funny that their address is based in Suffolk county. I live in TOB and find it ridiculous that the fields we so desperately needed because of the large amount of kids in the town are handed over to an organization that is based in not only another township but another county.

Maybe the District Attorney should examine who is on these rosters and I would bet , I mean I know there will be TOB employees kids names. They probably don't pay tuition and don't belong on the team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
District Attorney??? Maybe we can get her to REALLY find out who shot JR...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the District Attorney should examine who is on these rosters and I would bet , I mean I know there will be TOB employees kids names. They probably don't pay tuition and don't belong on the team.

Hopefully you hold our elected officials to the same scrutiny. Perhaps you should consider a different activity like chess for your kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]MC also gets free fields for his OBLL.

Hopefully you hold our elected officials to the same scrutiny. Perhaps you should consider a different activity like chess for your kid

Maybe things just aren't for free , try and ask MC to coach for free and see his response. It's called profits and expenses and all travel teams should pay for field usage unless it is for that towns not-for- profit / PAL teams. Why is that so hard for people to wrap their heads around that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any law that prohibits for-profit groups using the town of oyster bay fields for free ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any law that prohibits for-profit groups using the town of oyster bay fields for free ?

If I remember correctly, a majority percentage (60% perhaps) of the groups's users need to be TOB residents to use the facilites for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know with 100% certainty that the fields are not being paid for ? Or is this just another bashing of the Express and MC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the TOB website:

FIELD RESERVATIONS

The Permits Division coordinates scheduling for all playing fields, which must be reserved for use during their seasons. Residency requirements must be met. For information, call (516) 797-4120.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only organizations that can apply for field use permits are not for profits but what happens is these not for profits obtain field permits and the powers that be of said not for profits turn over use to these pirates like MC and others. Now here is the tricky part what is the benefit given to the directors of these organizations and why shouldn't this practice be stopped. But yes there is a law that prohibits these guys from using these fields for profit and there is a long standing something for something arrangement that goes along with this , be it Express , 91 or any other big franchises.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anybody know the rules about field usage for SUNY Farmingdale, is 91 paying for these fields? of never mind, I don't really care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anybody know the rules about field usage for SUNY Farmingdale, is 91 paying for these fields? of never mind, I don't really care

If anyone ever wondered what passive aggressive is just read the above post, wowzer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. they do pay for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So i guess its cool that the "for profit" Jesters were allowed to practice on town fields all spring and summer? Does their director get the fields to get all their field time by calling this number?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the 'for profit' LI Jester Directors lives in the TOB. Also many of the players reside in the TOB, so this could be the reason they use the TOB fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw MC at TOBAY beach last night. I wonder who he knew to get that beach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need new material. Joke geting old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all these accusations will come to a head soon enough and the free ride will end for all of these travel programs . There are TOB park commissioners very aware of what has gone on and soon enough the Town board will have these issues in front of them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think all these accusations will come to a head soon enough and the free ride will end for all of these travel programs . There are TOB park commissioners very aware of what has gone on and soon enough the Town board will have these issues in front of them.
While everyone is trying to "stick it" to this program or that program, stop and think for a minute.

If these town fields are no longer available at their current prices, who do you think is going to be picking up the tab?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
While everyone is trying to "stick it" to this program or that program, stop and think for a minute.

If these town fields are no longer available at their current prices, who do you think is going to be picking up the tab?

Well said but even worse what about the kids who want to play. This is a bunch of jealous people that do not understand the hard work these kids put in it is a shame they would suffer

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 144 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard