BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 86 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 is a lot better than BW or VLC--not even close....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Madlax 2018 has lost to teams both BW and VLC have beaten. Helped this weekend from a 2017 who played down because he is think about PGing. More Madlax cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Madlax better than VLC proven just a few days ago by playing the same opponent

Eclipse 7 - VLC 6
Madlax 14 - Eclipse 2

Caveat from other threads to 'explain' why VLC is better:
- the Eclipse FO guy had his illegal stick taken away before the MADLAX game
- VLC's 'marquis' attack VLC player would have stopped the Eclipse from scoring the other 5 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club Blue on verge of folding shop. CB kids should bolster ranks at Madlax NL and BLC.

CB only exists at all to serve the ego of Giblin and used to be a conduit to eventually absorbing kids into Prep. Those days are over and I expect CB to go away as well. That program wasn't about the kids, it was about the ego and control of the owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be thinking about Fall when a lot of Madlax 2018s are playing football. How many times have VLC or BW beaten Crabs recently? Nice try.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
amy son is in a different grade and a different tournament, but that is funny.

Eclipse is a strong club. Looking at the online scores, that team played Madlax at the end of the day in a meaningless game. No shock that they packed it in. Trying to compare scores from one game to another isn't an exact science.

I heard Madlax 2020 got pounded all summer, but no idea if that's true. Either way, I would love to hear how you defend paying money to that jerk. Really teaching great morals to your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse is a strong club. Looking at the online scores, that team played Madlax at the end of the day in a meaningless game. No shock that they packed it in. Trying to compare scores from one game to another isn't an exact science.

I heard Madlax 2020 got pounded all summer, but no idea if that's true. Either way, I would love to hear how you defend paying money to that jerk. Really teaching great morals to your kid.

The irony of a VLC dad or Black Wolf dad talking about teaching morals is the funnest thing I have ever heard. VLC is own by the crabs which is own by KING Fat Crab who is worse or the same as the Madlax owner. And BW is owned by a guy who is most known for killing kids when the make a mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax got pounded some because they only play in elite tournaments with all the college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2018 that has been playing against Madlax 2018's since U13 and they are significantly stronger than VLC or BW. They are consistently a top five team. VLC and BW probably top 15 - 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 used to be a Top 5 team. Fell down, but had a good showing last weekend. No coincidence it was the weekend the 2017 kid started playing with them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Madlax better than VLC proven just a few days ago by playing the same opponent

Eclipse 7 - VLC 6
Madlax 14 - Eclipse 2

Caveat from other threads to 'explain' why VLC is better:
- the Eclipse FO guy had his illegal stick taken away before the MADLAX game
- VLC's 'marquis' attack VLC player would have stopped the Eclipse from scoring the other 5 goals

First off, it's spelled marquee not marquis.

Second, that specific player would obviously make a difference. Whether it be in scoring, possession or rides. Simply put, it's a different team without him.

Third, I find the d*ck measuring contest over which team is better amusing. You think the recruiters care one iota who won the game? All they care about are individual performances for the kids they are there to scout. Period. Parents like yourself apply more value to the W/L column to justify the $$$$ you're shelling out, even more so for MADLAX.

If your kid isn't working hard and getting better, winning every tourney from today till he graduates won't help him much. You're focused on the wrong success metric - but it is the one the club owners want you to focus on ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax got pounded some because they only play in elite tournaments with all the college coaches.

Sorry, I believe you're conflating "elite tournaments" with scheduled play in scrimmages. They got pounded because the other teams they scheduled are AA caliber, and MADLAX is A. Simple as that. Also doubt there were any college coaches at the play in scrimmages. If they were, it wasn't for MADLAX kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PP is right. I laugh at all the parents who get so wound up at these events. Winning is nice, but nobody cares who wins a tournament. The coaches certainly don't.

The three clubs mentioned on this thread all have solid talent. Depending on the grade, some are better than others. Certainly none of the three are a clear cut above the others. There is more than enough talent in the DMV for these teams to field good-great teams at every HS grade.

Chill out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PP is right. I laugh at all the parents who get so wound up at these events. Winning is nice, but nobody cares who wins a tournament. The coaches certainly don't.

The three clubs mentioned on this thread all have solid talent. Depending on the grade, some are better than others. Certainly none of the three are a clear cut above the others. There is more than enough talent in the DMV for these teams to field good-great teams at every HS grade.

Chill out.

Spot on post, and back to my point that some hate to hear over and over again. Play for any or all of these 3 and you are in the correct spot to be seen. We all need to advise the other parents that they are doing it wrong when your AA level player is playing for any other club but these three. Point blank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, I believe you're conflating "elite tournaments" with scheduled play in scrimmages. They got pounded because the other teams they scheduled are AA caliber, and MADLAX is A. Simple as that. Also doubt there were any college coaches at the play in scrimmages. If they were, it wasn't for MADLAX kids.

What parents really fail to understand is that once you get a lacrosse scholarship your are indebted to the team and coach in college. Say your interest turns elsewhere when you mature in college? You lose your Athletic scholarship and they you are up a creek. Keep the grades up, play where you are having fun. Enjoy the recruiting process but remember grades are everything. If you get injured in college your athletic scholarship will be pulled if you can not get back on the field. Your academic scholarship will not. Focus parents. No money in Lacrosse and the average athletic lacrosse scholarship is $4000. Keeping it real. I do enjoy the Jerry Spring banter on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What parents really fail to understand is that once you get a lacrosse scholarship your are indebted to the team and coach in college. Say your interest turns elsewhere when you mature in college? You lose your Athletic scholarship and they you are up a creek. Keep the grades up, play where you are having fun. Enjoy the recruiting process but remember grades are everything. If you get injured in college your athletic scholarship will be pulled if you can not get back on the field. Your academic scholarship will not. Focus parents. No money in Lacrosse and the average athletic lacrosse scholarship is $4000. Keeping it real. I do enjoy the Jerry Spring banter on this site.

This point has been made several times. I think 99% of the people get it. I think what people are saying is if you are going to spend the time and money to do the elite travel lacrosse team thing, you should at least do it correctly. If you spend $1200 to play on a crap team and crap tournaments its a complete waste. If you pay $1600 to play for one of the three we are talking about here at least its somewhere close to worth the time and effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes it worth the time and money invested is the enjoyment a kid gets from doing youth sports. If you find yourself as a parent suddenly not seeing that at all, step back or step away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid should enjoy playing the game no matter the cost. I could may love playing with his buddies on the 1200 team that plays lesser tournaments and wins a few games. Another kid may hate playing on the 1600 team that plays every "Elite" tournament but gets smoked every time. I think the keyboard bandits chasing the $4000 college scholarships at a $1600 a year clip should take a chill pill. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid should enjoy playing the game no matter the cost. I could may love playing with his buddies on the 1200 team that plays lesser tournaments and wins a few games. Another kid may hate playing on the 1600 team that plays every "Elite" tournament but gets smoked every time. I think the keyboard bandits chasing the $4000 college scholarships at a $1600 a year clip should take a chill pill. Just my 2 cents.

Well I think my point was the website/owners of these $1200 clubs sell the same product as these top 3 programs. The crappy tournaments say college coaches will be there to see your son. These crappy teams websites say this team is for kids who want to play college lacrosse. That is my point. If these lower level clubs said what they really are just for fun I would be fine with them. But they say they can and will get you seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 used to be a Top 5 team. Fell down, but had a good showing last weekend. No coincidence it was the weekend the 2017 kid started playing with them.

The 2018 team did have a good showing last week and won the weekend before at Big4HHH as repeat champions from the year before. They're a solid team with or without the attack player who's PG'ing. He's not a leading scorer, does not lead in assists or ground balls and is smaller than the average attack player in field... He's a good player but not a difference maker as you make him out to be...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter if he is a key player or not. He is not in the class of 2018. His school doesn't allow it. He MIGHT PG, he might not.

Playing down in a 2018 tournament is cheating. Madlax has a 2018 who is playing down on their 2019 team. Kid hasn't fully reclassified, either.

See a pattern? That's like saying my 2019 son MIGHT PG 3 years from now, so we are going to go ahead and play him on a 2020 team.

How can you defend that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2017 kid who claims he will PG a year after graduating next spring fell back to play on a 2018 team? That is pretty lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2018 team did have a good showing last week and won the weekend before at Big4HHH as repeat champions from the year before. They're a solid team with or without the attack player who's PG'ing. He's not a leading scorer, does not lead in assists or ground balls and is smaller than the average attack player in field... He's a good player but not a difference maker as you make him out to be...

The kid is a giant compared to that other attackman they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2017 kid who claims he will PG a year after graduating next spring fell back to play on a 2018 team? That is pretty lame.

Ok please let me know what the kid who is planning on doing a PG year gets out of playing back a year if he does not PG? The college scouts are watching a 2018 game with that class in there heads. So if a college wants this player for his 2018 class he fits with this 2018 class coming into his school. If this kid tells the college later he will be coming to his college in 2017 class this kid will most likely not fit and be told he does not have a spot in this colleges 2017 class. And if we have a kid doing a PG year he is most likely behind the curve in some way, size,skill, or grades. So please once again tell me what the kid playing in a elite tournament gets out of playing down if he is not really going to do a PG year? Also can any one name a example of a kid ever planning on doing a PG year and changing his mind at the last second and going to college with his correct year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are going to learn very quickly in the next 1-3 years as ER recruits flow in that it was a mistake to flatter kids who played down to get noticed. It counts for a lot less as kids age into their later teens, but 13-23 months older than kids in the same grade is a huge advantage to kids through their mid teens. When I see a bigger, stronger, faster, more mature and more technically developed 16 year old versus a 14 1/2 year old all I really think is that kid SHOULD be better by a large margin against the younger competition. The spread collapses as they age up. Look at some DMV area prep teams. Gonzaga, PVI, Prep, Landon, yeah they get all the lights out 8th graders to assemble. Then as juniors and seniors a lot of those kids aren't even the 3rd best middie or attackman on their own team. Of course the accolades keep coming if they were early commits, but that just beards the reality that these kids lost their alpha which was to just be older than the herd during the growth phase years for boys. Look at the UVA commits in the 2016 and 2017 classes playing at WCAC and IAC schools. Zero examples of being elite versus high school competition. Yes, those are good prep leagues but high school ball is light years below college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are going to learn very quickly in the next 1-3 years as ER recruits flow in that it was a mistake to flatter kids who played down to get noticed. It counts for a lot less as kids age into their later teens, but 13-23 months older than kids in the same grade is a huge advantage to kids through their mid teens. When I see a bigger, stronger, faster, more mature and more technically developed 16 year old versus a 14 1/2 year old all I really think is that kid SHOULD be better by a large margin against the younger competition. The spread collapses as they age up. Look at some DMV area prep teams. Gonzaga, PVI, Prep, Landon, yeah they get all the lights out 8th graders to assemble. Then as juniors and seniors a lot of those kids aren't even the 3rd best middie or attackman on their own team. Of course the accolades keep coming if they were early commits, but that just beards the reality that these kids lost their alpha which was to just be older than the herd during the growth phase years for boys. Look at the UVA commits in the 2016 and 2017 classes playing at WCAC and IAC schools. Zero examples of being elite versus high school competition. Yes, those are good prep leagues but high school ball is light years below college ball.

This can be said about all college recruits in all sports. The hit to miss ratio is low no matter when they verbal/sign the kids. The point people miss is most teams bring in 12 to 14 recruits. And most schools have somewhere between 2 to 4 full rides to spread out between these 12 to 14 boys. So lets just say for easy math the give 6 kids half rides. That means 6 to 8 of the kids coming in are paying there way into school. So where is the risk the school is taking by picking some or all of them early. The game is played with what 20 to 25 kids playing 99% of the minutes.And most D1 schools carry 40 to 50 kids on the team. So if they hit on 4 to 6 of the 14 kids they are more then good. So my point is ER hurts the school very very little unless all 14 kids are busts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's 2024 Capital Madlax playing next weekend (9th)? Hershey or NXT Cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need depth to win. Can't be a top program and just get through seasons running 4 middies into the ground and count on 2 LSMs, 1 quality FOGO, 1 quality goalie, 4 poles and 4 guys on attack. Injuries, kids dropping a non revenue sport to be a normal college kid / have a better social life / major in something hard like engineering where there are labs, etc. Then you have the laws of 1/2 the can't miss guys miss. The IAC, the WCAC, being a Crab or Madlax or whatever...those are kiddie pools compared to high level D1 sports. I get it that 6-7 kids get a fractional scholarship and then the last 4-6 get no money. I do think the mentality of, well if I can just find 4 kids who can play in every class that makes 16. A roster with 25-30 busts / practice players (assuming they don't quit) doesn't cut it. ER is a disaster. Getting 1 star a year means nothing if the talent and depth around the stars can't play. Look at UVA. They seem to get the unquestioned #1, 2 or 3 kid in each class and they sucked. 25+ kids on their team couldn't start at Tufts or Limestone. Doesn't cut it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need depth to win. Can't be a top program and just get through seasons running 4 middies into the ground and count on 2 LSMs, 1 quality FOGO, 1 quality goalie, 4 poles and 4 guys on attack. Injuries, kids dropping a non revenue sport to be a normal college kid / have a better social life / major in something hard like engineering where there are labs, etc. Then you have the laws of 1/2 the can't miss guys miss. The IAC, the WCAC, being a Crab or Madlax or whatever...those are kiddie pools compared to high level D1 sports. I get it that 6-7 kids get a fractional scholarship and then the last 4-6 get no money. I do think the mentality of, well if I can just find 4 kids who can play in every class that makes 16. A roster with 25-30 busts / practice players (assuming they don't quit) doesn't cut it. ER is a disaster. Getting 1 star a year means nothing if the talent and depth around the stars can't play. Look at UVA. They seem to get the unquestioned #1, 2 or 3 kid in each class and they sucked. 25+ kids on their team couldn't start at Tufts or Limestone. Doesn't cut it.

You can not talk about any team playing college lacrosse last year or before when we are talking about ER in general. All the kids who I would call a ER are still in high school. You can not have a opinion about ERs tell they hit college and graduate college. So I would say you can not call ER bad for another 6 years. Then we can say ER is bad and did not work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's 2024 Capital Madlax playing next weekend (9th)? Hershey or NXT Cup?

Hershey it is. The kids love the park and the parents love the park. The tournament is not bad but not great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok please let me know what the kid who is planning on doing a PG year gets out of playing back a year if he does not PG? The college scouts are watching a 2018 game with that class in there heads. So if a college wants this player for his 2018 class he fits with this 2018 class coming into his school. If this kid tells the college later he will be coming to his college in 2017 class this kid will most likely not fit and be told he does not have a spot in this colleges 2017 class. And if we have a kid doing a PG year he is most likely behind the curve in some way, size,skill, or grades. So please once again tell me what the kid playing in a elite tournament gets out of playing down if he is not really going to do a PG year? Also can any one name a example of a kid ever planning on doing a PG year and changing his mind at the last second and going to college with his correct year?

Having multiple kids playing down because they they may do a PG year down the road.

Having the owner threaten people.

Having more reclassed kids than anyone except Crabs.

Splitting your B teams into two in order to make more money

Pulling kids out of HoCo

Good thing you have an excuse for everything. Maybe that's why kids are going to different clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear the rumor that Long Island Express and Bethesda are merging? If so, how does that help each other? Is this to set up tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you explain UNC then. They are one of the most if not most aggressive early recruiters. I believe they one the Nat'l Championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breschi seems to have a better nose than the other guys. He looks also at the sports legacy...were parents college athletes, are parents and siblings athletic looking or are they nerdy little folks, older siblings athletes? Starsia was a total bozo on this. Tillman is bad at it too. Maryland is bailed out by the fact they have a huge roster size allowance and they are aggressive to take transfers. Several of their top players have been transfers.

ER is a mess. The kids in the 2016 & 2017 classes could be considered among the first. Lots of those kids have failed to separate from high school level competition. It will look like a joke when they get to college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy man. That's the way to wrap it up. We forget they are 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you explain UNC then. They are one of the most if not most aggressive early recruiters. I believe they one the Nat'l Championship!

Do you really think that they "one" the championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you would like. But you still did not answer my question. What do kids get out of playing in a elite tournament and lying about PGing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possibly - still a chance it will be vacated due to classes the kids did not attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the Olympic Trials in swimming it strikes me how great and humble the personalities of the kids are. How does that sport manage to keep the boorish things that lacrosse has out? They didn't interview many parents, but when they flashed to parents like the Ledeckys, those folks seem so supportive and normal. It really makes me embarrassed to ever sit in the stands at a lacrosse event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Brock Turner's dad is a real gem. Not that I don't agree with lax sidelines gone ballistic. But, it's not just lax. It's all sports and it's awful.

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 86 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard