BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 24 of 220 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team. [/quote]

Really....why does that YJ goalie play up? 2014 team. Amongst others. [/quote]That Goalie plays up because daddy is a varsity assistant coach on her high school team, where she has also played varsity since the 7th grade. Though a good goalie, she has more of an advantage because of her father. In any other school she maybe makes varsity as a freshman, but because of her dad and being in such a small district she has taken advantage of a good opportunity as we all would have. Truth be told she doesn't live up to the hype against bigger stronger schools, or in tournament. there are better goalies than her that don't have the same backing or name recognition, but are far better goalies. [/quote]
First of all,She is a great goalie and a better kid. Don't diminish her accomplishments for your own agenda! Next, I have only seen goalies play up in YJ's and it is pretty common. [/quote]No one said she was a bad girl or a bad goalie , just that her father is an A.C. for her school and therefore has a better P.R. machine, There are other goalies just as good and better at the same age in some peoples opinion, only those girls don't have the same advantage. Stop being so sensitive. It's actually stated that shes a good goalie, and it was in response to your question if I'm not mistaken Powder

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

Really....why does that YJ goalie play up? 2014 team. Amongst others. [/quote]That Goalie plays up because daddy is a varsity assistant coach on her high school team, where she has also played varsity since the 7th grade. Though a good goalie, she has more of an advantage because of her father. In any other school she maybe makes varsity as a freshman, but because of her dad and being in such a small district she has taken advantage of a good opportunity as we all would have. Truth be told she doesn't live up to the hype against bigger stronger schools, or in tournament. there are better goalies than her that don't have the same backing or name recognition, but are far better goalies. [/quote]
First of all,She is a great goalie and a better kid. Don't diminish her accomplishments for your own agenda! Next, I have only seen goalies play up in YJ's and it is pretty common. [/quote]No one said she was a bad girl or a bad goalie , just that her father is an A.C. for her school and therefore has a better P.R. machine, There are other goalies just as good and better at the same age in some peoples opinion, only those girls don't have the same advantage. Stop being so sensitive. It's actually stated that shes a good goalie, and it was in response to your question if I'm not mistaken Powder [/quote]

it's a poor attempt at a backhanded compliment. with or without her father she would be a successful goalie and athlete. One of the nicest families I have ever met also.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Well, okay, I guess you did cite an example of an older player playing up. And we've all agreed she's a good player, political connections aside.

So that's one instance of an older girl playing up. I still don't think it's rampant. All in all, I still don't think you see girls playing up *in any great numbers* in the older ages. It's the exception, not the rule, IMO. If I"m mistaken, I expect to hear about it here. laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

First of all,She is a great goalie and a better kid. Don't diminish her accomplishments for your own agenda! Next, I have only seen goalies play up in YJ's and it is pretty common. [/quote]No one said she was a bad girl or a bad goalie , just that her father is an A.C. for her school and therefore has a better P.R. machine, There are other goalies just as good and better at the same age in some peoples opinion, only those girls don't have the same advantage. Stop being so sensitive. It's actually stated that shes a good goalie, and it was in response to your question if I'm not mistaken Powder [/quote]
PR machine? come on this is HS lax. The only goalie in her class from the 2015's is the Shoreham goalie. and I am a YJ parent. They are both great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie is the one position that playing up is understandable. Other positions have many girls and subs to mix and match, and positions are easier to fill. Face it there are only so many goalies out there, if a younger team has enough goalies to cover and one is brought up to fill a need that is acceptable. If she is brought up and is displacing an older goalie and/or leaving the younger team compromised, then it is not right. Not familiar with this instance but if nobody was displaced and the teams are better off, then it makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

In the end, all girls end up playing with their age group.

thats false.

So, if your not happy that your 2019 black team has 2020 players on it speak up to your coaches/directors or go to another club. Nobody is forcing you to write that check to Top Guns or anybody else for that matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is iy everything on a thread about TG gets turned to be about YJ.Maye the crazies out there saying we are obsessed with YJ aren't so crazy after all.Let's try to keep the discussion about things pertaining to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is iy everything on a thread about TG gets turned to be about YJ.Maye the crazies out there saying we are obsessed with YJ aren't so crazy after all.Let's try to keep the discussion about things pertaining to TG.

Good idea! Let's stick to TG here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed - maybe it's YJ parents fighting amongst themselves on the TG thread? They should go fight on their own thread!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed - maybe it's YJ parents fighting amongst themselves on the TG thread? They should go fight on their own thread!

You have to be joking, again making the conversation about that other team,stop obsessing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol cant help ourselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to be joking, again making the conversation about that other team,stop obsessing.

Nope, not joking!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, not joking!!

You like to use the word obsess often huh? Lol. Oh yeah and you spend lots of time on here for a YJ. Who doesn't stop to look at and talk about a car wreck like your YJ thread. Lol. YOU'RE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, not joking!!

You like to use the word obsess often huh? Lol. Oh yeah and you spend lots of time on here for a YJ. Who doesn't stop to look at and talk about a car wreck like your YJ thread. Lol. YOU'RE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

You like to use Lol often huh? It's good you like to laugh. It was the first time I have used the word obsess as I have rarely posted on here but it seems you feel I am someone else.Would like to see the TG thread be about TG but some of you feel otherwise.I think you need to go back to your linguistics studies teacher at your online csi course because you are truly mistaken on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try outs are tomorrow! any thoughts??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that Shannon will not be able to coach the girls once they reach 8th grade because of NCAA recruiting violations? Anyone please. Cage, little help maybw.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is it true that Shannon will not be able to coach the girls once they reach 8th grade because of NCAA recruiting violations? Anyone please. Cage, little help maybw.
This topic was already discussed on our College Forum at the following location :

NCAA By-Laws Covering Local Club Coaching

Bottom line : There will be no issues associated with coaching in the local programs for most cases. The only issue relates to players who are communiting to play for the local club with a home residence at a distance of more than 50 miles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the girls trying out this weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 5th grader that would like to tryout for Top Guns. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the younger teams for this club? Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You like to use Lol often huh? It's good you like to laugh. It was the first time I have used the word obsess as I have rarely posted on here but it seems you feel I am someone else.Would like to see the TG thread be about TG but some of you feel otherwise.I think you need to go back to your linguistics studies teacher at your online csi course because you are truly mistaken on this one."

Actually a digital forensic analyst. Go to your own car wreck of a thread. The YJs miss their village idiot!......hurry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You like to use Lol often huh? It's good you like to laugh. It was the first time I have used the word obsess as I have rarely posted on here but it seems you feel I am someone else.Would like to see the TG thread be about TG but some of you feel otherwise.I think you need to go back to your linguistics studies teacher at your online csi course because you are truly mistaken on this one."

Actually a digital forensic analyst. Go to your own car wreck of a thread. The YJs miss their village idiot!......hurry!

Yes I am sure you are a digital forensic analyst and the best you can come up with is the use of the word obsess.You may want to call apex tech and ask for your money back,lol.Once again you are so obsessed you cannot keep the conversation about TG.You should seriously bring your kid back to YJ again she may be able to make the yellow team now that they have 2 so called blue teams at every age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems your obsession with the Yellow Jackets continues.Keep using exclamation points while you are trying to stir the pot on the YJ thread.So funny that now even your own TG posters are tired of your constant YJ obsession.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback from today's TG tryouts yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 5th grader that would like to tryout for Top Guns. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the younger teams for this club? Thanks!

The 5th grade black team should be very competitive. They have some girls that played up last year and it sounds like there should be alot of girls at tryout. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems your obsession with the Yellow Jackets continues.Keep using exclamation points while you are trying to stir the pot on the YJ thread.So funny that now even your own TG posters are tired of your constant YJ obsession.

No they aren't. Talk about obsessed!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, who is the real TG parent in this argument? The analyst or the one saying obsessed all the time? Any other voters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, who is the real TG parent in this argument? The analyst or the one saying obsessed all the time? Any other voters?

My vote is you are the fake analyst who needs to go back to your online course and complete your GED ASAP. Try to keep the conversation about TG lacrosse and stop with the nonsense.Saturday tryouts had a good turnout seemed to be enough talent for 2 quality teams in each age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 5th grade black team should be very competitive. They have some girls that played up last year and it sounds like there should be alot of girls at tryout. Good Luck.

Thanks for your input! It's appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out on Sat and we will find out this week. Make it or not, TG's is a fine org. The tryout was one of teh best (if not the best) i've ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out on Sat and we will find out this week. Make it or not, TG's is a fine org. The tryout was one of teh best (if not the best) i've ever seen.

My daughter tried out on Sunday, and I thought the tryout was well done also. only problem was that they ran short on time, and her group didn't get to the shooting station, which I think is pretty important. I think we have to wait until NEXT Monday for the results, which is kind of a long time. Otherwise, no complaints. Seems like a great organization, from what I've seen so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there as well. Very organized and well run tryout. Plenty of talented girls. Good luck to all!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there as well. Very organized and well run tryout. Plenty of talented girls. Good luck to all!!!

Anybody have any feedback or opinions on the 2017 Purple team from this past summer? Coaches, practice quality, tournaments, etc.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of talent at Sundays tryout in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 group. Over 75 kids per age group, will be tough for a newcomer but there s room for improvement on every team so it will be interesting to see if the organization makes any changes. Hope they get the roster out quickly so those who did not make the cut will attend other tryouts. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the numbers at the various age groups ,2019 seemed to have about mid forties .Enough for 2 teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of talent at Sundays tryout in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 group. Over 75 kids per age group, will be tough for a newcomer but there s room for improvement on every team so it will be interesting to see if the organization makes any changes. Hope they get the roster out quickly so those who did not make the cut will attend other tryouts. Good luck to all.

Shannon said the girls will here something by Monday 9/3, but hoping it comes out this week...my daughter's a newcomer, hoping to break in on the 2017 group. There were a lot of talented players there, like you said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75 kids 2019?? Not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75 kids 2019?? Not even close

I'm not sure about 2019, or where that "Over 75 kids" came from, but I know there were about 60-65 for 2017. Definitely not over 75, but still a big turnout, I thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the 19 tryout I counted 55 girls. I also counted 6 goalies which in itself is amazing. Wonder if each team will carry 2 goalies??????
But you never know who is on vacation, etc.
Heard they hold private tryous in cases of vacations, but don't know if thats true or not.
By the way there were no 2020 girls present for the poster who said there would be one with the powerful dad
Alot of talent
There seemed to be double that # at the 18 tryout and smaller amount for the 2020 that I could see.
Ran very professionally and very organized. One of the better tryout operations that I have seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the 2018 tryout and I could be wrong but I would say close to 100 young ladies...and I was quite impressed with the level of talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the 19 tryout I counted 55 girls. I also counted 6 goalies which in itself is amazing. Wonder if each team will carry 2 goalies??????
But you never know who is on vacation, etc.
Heard they hold private tryous in cases of vacations, but don't know if thats true or not.
By the way there were no 2020 girls present for the poster who said there would be one with the powerful dad
Alot of talent
There seemed to be double that # at the 18 tryout and smaller amount for the 2020 that I could see.
Ran very professionally and very organized. One of the better tryout operations that I have seen.

Maybe extra private tryouts are the reason they said we won't hear antything until next Monday...last year,we found out in one day!

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 220 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard