BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You Long Island People are all clueless. Lacrosse is 90% speed and 10% stick skills/field awareness. If a player has the 90% which is speed that player is a much more valuable player. you can train a kid to get the other 10% but let me see most of you train your kids to get even a little speed. it will never happen. You guys have a serious lack of kids with speed and athleticism up there and I would rather a kid with speed than most of your slow kids. Truth is fast or last and I guess that's why you all struggle against teams here in the South. Maryland, UNC, USC, Florida are all teams that recruit solely on speed. so you can cross most of your slow butts off those lists. These Maryland Clubs would love to have her. You all can stay right there, we pass.

Speed is definitely important, but not 90%, sorry. And those programs don't recruit only on speed, that is just flat out ignorant.

LI produces some plodding, hacking, 10 step curl players that stat pad who get recruited every year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team only has one club that can compete with them, M&D black. LI top teams are dead even with southern top teams, B teams with B teams and so on....

in 2020? Since YJ considers themselves the best 2020 team assuming here that your daughter is on that team, yet they have been beaten by 3 Maryland teams already how do you say that, and battled with leg a sea yet M&D is your only competitor? Please.Don't get me wrong, it's a good team, but stop pounding your chest. You aren't as good as you had hoped to be, with or without the TG stud that now carries you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

You Long Island People are all clueless. Lacrosse is 90% speed and 10% stick skills/field awareness. If a player has the 90% which is speed that player is a much more valuable player. you can train a kid to get the other 10% but let me see most of you train your kids to get even a little speed. it will never happen. You guys have a serious lack of kids with speed and athleticism up there and I would rather a kid with speed than most of your slow kids. Truth is fast or last and I guess that's why you all struggle against teams here in the South. Maryland, UNC, USC, Florida are all teams that recruit solely on speed. so you can cross most of your slow butts off those lists. These Maryland Clubs would love to have her. You all can stay right there, we pass.

Speed edge south, IQ north easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team only has one club that can compete with them, M&D black. LI top teams are dead even with southern top teams, B teams with B teams and so on....

in 2020? Since YJ considers themselves the best 2020 team assuming here that your daughter is on that team, yet they have been beaten by 3 Maryland teams already how do you say that, and battled with leg a sea yet M&D is your only competitor? Please.Don't get me wrong, it's a good team, but stop pounding your chest. You aren't as good as you had hoped to be, with or without the TG stud that now carries you.

Might be a little presumptive to hurl this. There are plenty of ages where YJ may consider M&D their only real competition. 2021 for instance. I believe up until this weekend when they lost to Stars, M&D was the only team to have beaten YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speed is huge, but so is the skill, IQ etc....they need to have it all. Agreed, you can't teach speed, and even more important than speed is agility, quickness. Quickness of direction change, foot movement, hand and stick movement and the the ability to use it to benefit their game. So on some level I agree, speed is great but it certainly doesn't make a player great. Here is where you are wrong... many players can not be taught that 10% that you claim so unimportant. All that IQ, situational awareness, field vision, stick skill, and most important of all, HEART.... this stuff perfected, is much more rare to find than speed. Then lastly... who is stuggling against Southern teams? My daughter's team only has one club that can compete with them, M&D black. LI top teams are dead even with southern top teams, B teams with B teams and so on....

Recruited all to where? Syracuse? A school with barely any speed? I am a Maryland coach and I would love to recruit the girl.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahahaha This is the 2020 thread, THERE ARE NO TEAM PLAYERS in lacrosse anymore. Its a bunch of individuals that just look out for themselves, their stats and their recruitment (because that's what their parents tell them to do). Its really a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my take, but I agree, speed AND quickness in ANY girls sport (much more than men's) is the most important aspect to any players game. The girls that runs fastest, has the most stamina and foot quickness, is light years ahead of everyone else on the field. getting to loose balls in Lax, Basketball, or soccer is priority # 1.
obviously skills and heart are top wants in a player, but generally the girl who gets their first, is the one making things happen on the field--lax, soccer, bball. My daughter has awesome stick skills and IQ but, sadly, is lacking the tremendous speed to stand out on the field. we have come to grips with that reality, and no amount of training is going to make her a speedster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heads up. While you ladies were in a doctors office, I was as well, along with mr quiet. You ladies were talking about his daughter right in front of him and he was quiet. I guess you can say this guy is really quiet. I watched him the whole time

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am really frustrated with all the talk about one player.. You all obviously know who she is and talking about her is not fair to her, her parents or her team.

The next idiot that writes about her will be banned UNLESS they name their own daughter so everyone can have at her.. I really don't think you would like that now, would you?

Knock it off. I am tired of cleaning up your garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is a team game, and the better players only get better when they play it that way.

Maybe that is your coaches problem, if she is allowing one or two individuals to go coast to coast, blame shouldn't be put on the kids. Maybe the great and almighty 2020 blue Curcio team doesn't have any feeders.......

2020 Curcio can't win the big game because M&D, Heros and even Skywalkers have figured out how to defend your team; because your coach made it easy. Your defense NEVER doubles the ball or plays a man to man and when they are forced to it leads to easy goals. Opposing teams press and double your defenders who are constantly turning the ball over its like fishing in a barrel. Your coach has gone to a head down coast to coast one kid offense down the middle of the field which isn't cutting it, you now have ten kids inside the 8 hoping for a chance to touch the ball LOL, not easy to score through 14 kids in your path and is making us playing defense against your team easy. I have never seen a team so bunched up, we thank you!

It looks like your assessment was proven again this weekend. I guess the coaching strategy of get the ball to one girl and clear out the 8 isn't winning championships.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2020 Blue beat Slywalkers pretty good, best M&D Black in the pool play pretty good as well, with them giving up with 5 minutes left in the game ( have never seen a team give up playing hard like that ) And lost to same M&D in a short game. Not sure if your assessment is accurate. M£D made more plays and won all the face offs that is why they won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2020 Blue beat Slywalkers pretty good, best M&D Black in the pool play pretty good as well, with them giving up with 5 minutes left in the game ( have never seen a team give up playing hard like that ) And lost to same M&D in a short game. Not sure if your assessment is accurate. M£D made more plays and won all the face offs that is why they won.

College coaches are going to get tired of watching games where the last 7-8 minutes are the stall - shot clock devalues that style of play, but YJ win at all costs mentality in tight games is get a lead and stall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curcio is a team made up of ball hogs and now the hogs have to see how it feels when the ball always has to run through someone else. Sucks doesn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curcio is a team made up of ball hogs and now the hogs have to see how it feels when the ball always has to run through someone else. Sucks doesn't it?

All you hear on the sidelines is take her take her when one of them gets the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is a team game, and the better players only get better when they play it that way.

Maybe that is your coaches problem, if she is allowing one or two individuals to go coast to coast, blame shouldn't be put on the kids. Maybe the great and almighty 2020 blue Curcio team doesn't have any feeders.......

2020 Curcio can't win the big game because M&D, Heros and even Skywalkers have figured out how to defend your team; because your coach made it easy. Your defense NEVER doubles the ball or plays a man to man and when they are forced to it leads to easy goals. Opposing teams press and double your defenders who are constantly turning the ball over its like fishing in a barrel. Your coach has gone to a head down coast to coast one kid offense down the middle of the field which isn't cutting it, you now have ten kids inside the 8 hoping for a chance to touch the ball LOL, not easy to score through 14 kids in your path and is making us playing defense against your team easy. I have never seen a team so bunched up, we thank you!

It looks like your assessment was proven again this weekend. I guess the coaching strategy of get the ball to one girl and clear out the 8 isn't winning championships.

I heard the queen bee herself coached the YJ Curcio 1010's on Sunday, same methodology for championship same result as your regular coach LOL!!!! Now all of you know she is good at following orders from the queen bee and gets the same results.... Team game CR your greedy business woman who makes money but coaching has passed you by, your 1010's are soooooo predicable in the "big games"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the queen bee herself coached the YJ Curcio 1010's on Sunday, same methodology for championship same result as your regular coach LOL!!!! Now all of you know she is good at following orders from the queen bee and gets the same results.... Team game CR your greedy business woman who makes money but coaching has passed you by, your 1010's are soooooo predicable in the "big games"

Is that who that was with the sliver mullet? Thought that was a man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be a little presumptive to hurl this. There are plenty of ages where YJ may consider M&D their only real competition. 2021 for instance. I believe up until this weekend when they lost to Stars, M&D was the only team to have beaten YJ.

There has been at least 3-4 MD teams to beat the YJ 2021 team now, 2 when you made this statement. They also lost to Stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true but in this game, it was no the YJ who stalled, it was M&D just standing there, not moving with their stick on their shoulders. They 100% stopped playing, the YJ girl who had the ball just stood in one spot for 5 minutes. M&D waived the white flag like the french did in WW2. Was not pretty, never in my life have I seen this happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true but in this game, it was no the YJ who stalled, it was M&D just standing there, not moving with their stick on their shoulders. They 100% stopped playing, the YJ girl who had the ball just stood in one spot for 5 minutes. M&D waived the white flag like the french did in WW2. Was not pretty, never in my life have I seen this happen.

CR with her Northport team will waive the white flag & stand back on the 8 and watch the other team pass the ball back n forth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR with her Northport team will waive the white flag & stand back on the 8 and watch the other team pass the ball back n forth.

Thanks for those words of wisdom. Not sure what all the nonsense is about . Yes MD team is very good , so is the YJ team. I believe MD is 3-2 against YJ this year and I would bet both these teams would rather play each other than any other team in the age group because they are always competitive games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly the YJ Curcio 1010's coach got her coaching style from CR, sit back on the 8 and let the opposing offense dictate the game. As CR appeared to do in the "big games" moving middies to Attack which is useless while opposing teams get ball in YJ defensive end work the ball for a quality shot while your defense sits on the 8. How blind are the coaches if they cant that scoring is not the issue and if it is it's because your middies are out of gas. Maybe just maybe your coaches should be running two midfield lines or put some of those athletic midfielders she puts on attack move them to defense and taught how to press the ball in the "big games". Your defense cant make a stop or cause a turnover, your style is doing nothing but exhausting 3 players which leads to shorter possessions, poor shots and more pressure on a sub par defensive mentality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly the YJ Curcio 1010's coach got her coaching style from CR, sit back on the 8 and let the opposing offense dictate the game. As CR appeared to do in the "big games" moving middies to Attack which is useless while opposing teams get ball in YJ defensive end work the ball for a quality shot while your defense sits on the 8. How blind are the coaches if they cant that scoring is not the issue and if it is it's because your middies are out of gas. Maybe just maybe your coaches should be running two midfield lines or put some of those athletic midfielders she puts on attack move them to defense and taught how to press the ball in the "big games". Your defense cant make a stop or cause a turnover, your style is doing nothing but exhausting 3 players which leads to shorter possessions, poor shots and more pressure on a sub par defensive mentality.

Thanks for that ignorant response

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another note, as a parent of a couple of girls playing lacrosse, I feel that the sport is becoming unbearable to watch. I'm starting to agree with all the nay Sayers about how boring it is to watch. The reason is the constant whistles for intentional fouling. I know that the slow pace and constant whistles have been discussed before, but this season has been intolerable. It seems as though more teams are adopting the mantra of "foul,foul, and foul some more!" I now see less and less players playing good clean defense. And why do it if the fouling team gets rewarded on every foul. Whether it's defenders taking extra steps after the whistle, or the ability to organize after slowing a fast break, it all works out better for the fouling team. We need to start keeping track of fouls and carding girls when they reach a certain limit. Or carding a coach when it becomes apparent that it is being done intentionally. I watched my daughters team commit 7 fouls in succession this weekend. It was ridiculous. For the sake of a sport that I grew up with (I played years ago) I think something needs to be done. Thanks for letting me rant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another note, as a parent of a couple of girls playing lacrosse, I feel that the sport is becoming unbearable to watch. I'm starting to agree with all the nay Sayers about how boring it is to watch. The reason is the constant whistles for intentional fouling. I know that the slow pace and constant whistles have been discussed before, but this season has been intolerable. It seems as though more teams are adopting the mantra of "foul,foul, and foul some more!" I now see less and less players playing good clean defense. And why do it if the fouling team gets rewarded on every foul. Whether it's defenders taking extra steps after the whistle, or the ability to organize after slowing a fast break, it all works out better for the fouling team. We need to start keeping track of fouls and carding girls when they reach a certain limit. Or carding a coach when it becomes apparent that it is being done intentionally. I watched my daughters team commit 7 fouls in succession this weekend. It was ridiculous. For the sake of a sport that I grew up with (I played years ago) I think something needs to be done. Thanks for letting me rant.

There are good fouls in any defense--- any one that's played sport like LAX/Hockey/BBall knows that. That said, I agree with you completely. How's about players fouling out!? Will never happen but it would change the game back a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 fouls and you are ejected. Problem fixed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 is too few, but the sentiment is correct. I think I like a team foul count better. Easier to track and doesn't let what is already poor officiating influence the game even more by potentially removing top players from the game on questionable calls. How about every 5 team fouls is a yellow or something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounded pretty reasonable to me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 is too few, but the sentiment is correct. I think I like a team foul count better. Easier to track and doesn't let what is already poor officiating influence the game even more by potentially removing top players from the game on questionable calls. How about every 5 team fouls is a yellow or something.

Why is 4 too few? I would say anyone that gets 4 is fouling on purpose, which is against the rules, dangerous and not what the game needs. We need more speed and creativity and less stall and thugery.

Hockey took out the 2 line pass and clutching and grabbing in the neutral zone and the game has never been faster or more exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]true but in this game, it was no the YJ who stalled, it was M&D just standing there, not moving with their stick on their shoulders. They 100% stopped playing, the YJ girl who had the ball just stood in one spot for 5 minutes. M&D waived the white flag like the french did in WW2. Was not pretty, never in my life have I seen this happen.

Sounded pretty reasonable to me [/quote

Probably because you are ignorant as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]true but in this game, it was no the YJ who stalled, it was M&D just standing there, not moving with their stick on their shoulders. They 100% stopped playing, the YJ girl who had the ball just stood in one spot for 5 minutes. M&D waived the white flag like the french did in WW2. Was not pretty, never in my life have I seen this happen.

5 losses already this year for the greatest team ever, if the poster is wrong lets her your assessment of the teams failures

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is gross is that a douchie troll like you is tracking the losses of 13 year old kids . Here is the issue I have with the non sense you spew , they have lost to some of the best teams in the country , teams they have also beaten. If the coaching and style of play was so bad then how is it possible that they have beaten these teams .Ask the MD parents they will tell you they enjoy playing YJ because it is competitive . Keep up the attacks on YJ but they just keep turning out AA quality ayers while your TG keep turning out kids who end up in Hempstead .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is gross is that a douchie troll like you is tracking the losses of 13 year old kids . Here is the issue I have with the non sense you spew , they have lost to some of the best teams in the country , teams they have also beaten. If the coaching and style of play was so bad then how is it possible that they have beaten these teams .Ask the MD parents they will tell you they enjoy playing YJ because it is competitive . Keep up the attacks on YJ but they just keep turning out AA quality ayers while your TG keep turning out kids who end up in Hempstead .

Actually, us MD parents DO NOT like playing against YJ, for the most part. The YJ parents are awful and the YJ players, although talented, are brutal with their OVERLY aggressive play and mouths. It is not a pleasant experience whether the MD team wins or loses. The parents need to let the players play and the YJ players need to let their talent determine the outcome of a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genius this shows how little you know, the "AA" four to six top players will go to what ever schools they choose with or without YJ. M&D and YJ have enough depth to play competitive games and get even more children into quality schools. This is about money for CR period she does not care and does not help the ones that need it. If you PAY the coach to train you,MONEY,live in Northport or are one of those 4-6 players who would end up in top lax school anyway are the only ones she cares about,so don't let CR fool you she could care less about the others. So stop all the bull sh*t your kid is probably in one of those categories, just take a second and think about if your child was one the kids who are not being looked after. Remember CR and YJ coaches hopefully God will bless you with children or already has, your kids may end up the opposite end one day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, us MD parents DO NOT like playing against YJ, for the most part. The YJ parents are awful and the YJ players, although talented, are brutal with their OVERLY aggressive play and mouths. It is not a pleasant experience whether the MD team wins or loses. The parents need to let the players play and the YJ players need to let their talent determine the outcome of a game.

Well said plus I love the fact that for years the YJ's told everyone that they were the best and everyone else couldn't keep up and that went for weaker teammates and opponents. Now you all have changed your tune giving credit to other teams like normal parents do but its a little late and sounds more like an excuse than a genuine compliment. PS loudmouth parents and loudmouth kids that stick swing are hard to root for regardless of where they come from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of like stalling to win against goals against or screaming at 2019 semi final playoffs. You got nerve throwing jabs at YJ. Don't know who is worse out of the clubs down there M&D Heros MD United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 losses already this year for the greatest team ever, if the poster is wrong lets her your assessment of the teams failures

Sounds like the 2021, 2022 and 2023 teams. Would appear that LI kids are not developing at the same pace as clubs in MD. Maybe the philosophy of gathering the best kids and throwing them on a field and expecting them to win isn't working anymore? Maybe YJ needs an infusion of new coaches who are motivated and actually interested in player development? We left a team with one of the worst nastiest coaches but not one parent would say a word for fear of being demoted. These same parents would never tolerate a teacher or another parent screaming at their 12 year old telling them how bad they suck but that's perfectly acceptable when you join YJ. Knock the other clubs all you want but guess what my kid didn't shed any tears this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is getting into your car and crying after a tournament it is time to seriously think about where she is playing and why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are going to start enforcing rules against fouls then the refs needs to start calling a charge more often. How often have we seen an attacking player taking the ball to the net and running into a double team, only to have that attacking player continue trying to push her way through the defenders? Then the defender pushes back and the ref calls a stick foul on the defender? The refs, and their lack of charging calls, promote the kid that doesn't pass. She just keeps trying to fight through a double and triple team because she knows she'll get the free position call. If the calls are being made correctly then you begin to force that girls to look for her open teammate. You can't have it both ways, you need to let the defenders play defense a little. Especially the refs down in Maryland, they don't let you play D. EVERY touch is whistled, it's nuts. You're rewarding a ball hog by calling everything on the D, make her pass by calling a charge. Full disclosure, I am the father of a defender so I may be a bit biased. But I just think the refs enabling the ball hogs of the game to not pass the ball by not giving out charging calls on the offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. What's worse, is refs let the charges go until the playoff games, and then start to call them. Charge calls are the only thing left to stop girls from shamelessly going to goal and physically pushing through 2 or even 3 defenders. Defense should get the charge call when offense initiates contact and defender(s) has established position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is getting into your car and crying after a tournament it is time to seriously think about where she is playing and why.

THANKS CR

Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard