BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
LONG ISLAND - GIrls Only YJ/TG free discussion
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Possible to have a forum for Girls LAX that is not just for pissing matches regarding YJ and TG?

I'm looking to find out thoughts on other teams as my daughter is looking for a new team in the next try out season.

Teams she is looking at so far will be I**N, Le****y, El****e, perhaps Li****y. Probably TG just to take on that try out environment.

She's a rising 9th grader.

Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: LONG ISLAND - GIrls Only YJ/TG free discussion
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So you honestly think this thread can be serious and/or civil? Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
Possible to have a forum for Girls LAX that is not just for pissing matches regarding YJ and TG?

I'm looking to find out thoughts on other teams as my daughter is looking for a new team in the next try out season.

Teams she is looking at so far will be I**N, Le****y, El****e, perhaps Li****y. Probably TG just to take on that try out environment.

Thanks in advance

You broke your own rule by mentioning TG in your first post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks in advance

Would you mind saying where she's leaving? I assume YJ but which team, and why you're leaving? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Thanks in advance

Would you mind saying where she's leaving? I assume YJ but which team, and why you're leaving? Thanks.

You can't mention that club read the banner !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
She's leaving neither of those teams... I don't want to disparage where she's leaving (yet, althought they deserve it), I really just hope to get some thoughts on other teams (positive or negative).

Larry, I hear you. I don't care if it is civil, but I was (perhaps foolishly) looking for some thoughts either way... Just trying to have a discussion that's not about such and such a coach or player on either YJ or TG teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
She's leaving neither of those teams... I don't want to disparage where she's leaving (yet, althought they deserve it), I really just hope to get some thoughts on other teams (positive or negative).

Larry, I hear you. I don't care if it is civil, but I was (perhaps foolishly) looking for some thoughts either way... Just trying to have a discussion that's not about such and such a coach or player on either YJ or TG teams.

Should be a reasonable thought/ idea, right? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks in advance

Curious, why are those other teams not able to be typed in this forum, everyone knows what they refer to ??? If you can say TG, YJ, M&D, Skywalkers, heroes etc I'm not sure what's wrong with those others. Having said that, my daughter plays for one of the two programs you don't want to hear about, and she is quite happy. there is a place for everyone, and I wish you the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take her to every try out that your daughter would like to attend
And let her decide what team she would like to play on

As parents we can guide our kids but ultimately the decision should be and needs to be hers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Take her to every try out that your daughter would like to attend
And let her decide what team she would like to play on

As parents we can guide our kids but ultimately the decision should be and needs to be hers [/quote

I would also suggest you go to one of the teams practices and see how the team interacts

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks in advance

Curious, why are those other teams not able to be typed in this forum, everyone knows what they refer to ??? If you can say TG, YJ, M&D, Skywalkers, heroes etc I'm not sure what's wrong with those others. Having said that, my daughter plays for one of the two programs you don't want to hear about, and she is quite happy. there is a place for everyone, and I wish you the best.

It has been explained so many times. Once more.. They are not programs that BOTC is comfortable promoting to parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you looking to break into a top team or would you be happy with a 2nd or 3rd team? Where do her friends play and are they happy? You obviously have been around and read the 2020 forums. I would not expect any meaningful dialogue here without knowing more about your daughters ability, why you are unhappy and what you/she is looking for and hoping to find. There are some new startups and might be worth a chance. If you stay with the name brands it's just more of the same.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
She's too good to play on a C team, a VERY solid B player, and can hang with some A players but isn't really that type. She and (we) doesn't want to try to get on an A team where she stands on the sidelines... she loves playing the game not just being at games.

The other part of the equation that we've seen over the years is that organizations with Boys and Girls generally seem to dump all the time/effort into the boys and the girls are an afterthought. There may be exceptions to that rule but we've seen it ourselves and heard lots more similar stories. Girls teams are marketed pre tryout season but then not supported.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any programs that her friends play for that are not TG or YJ? What is their feedback? Sometimes it is easier, especially when they are a little older to know someone on the team they are going to. There is no right answer to the club question. We have friends who's daughters are happy on YJ (a, b and c teams), TG (a and b teams), fl$, Liberty (depending where you live (this one has often been underestimated for the level of coaching you get there) and a few others out there depending on what their goals are. From watching them play it also seems that Elevate has some need for quality players and you may be able to position your daughter in a good spot there at her age group. We have heard many negatives about Beach B, as of late. It used to be a better option a few years ago, but seems to be loosely organized as of now. Talk to people, find out which program matches with your families goals and financial commitment. Pick a few and go to tryouts. You will get a feeling from tryouts on how you like the organization and how the fit is in many instance. Our daughter plays for a new club that was started as a boys club. But they are run completely separate, and most people on the girls side of our club forget or don't even realize there is a boys side. Our girls director, has total control and is extremely involved in all the teams and player development. The oldest age group is your daughter's age and there are two teams. I am sure you can figure out the program.

I think the coaching models that utilize adult coaches are the best for player development. Not to say having a college student as a coach along side an adult is a bad thing to the contrary it is a good thing, good role model, up to date on latest techniques, the girls usually look to them as role model. But adults are usually better equipped to develop long term learning and development plans for teams and individuals. There is nothing wrong with YJ, TG or the club we are at as long as it fits for your daughter and you are comfortable with the families on the team she is on. That in many instances is the "X" factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's too good to play on a C team, a VERY solid B player, and can hang with some A players but isn't really that type. She and (we) doesn't want to try to get on an A team where she stands on the sidelines... she loves playing the game not just being at games.

The other part of the equation that we've seen over the years is that organizations with Boys and Girls generally seem to dump all the time/effort into the boys and the girls are an afterthought. There may be exceptions to that rule but we've seen it ourselves and heard lots more similar stories. Girls teams are marketed pre tryout season but then not supported.

You should give LI Wave a look. Director will not take more than one team per age group and I'd very dedicated to the game having been involved both as a coach as well as head of officials. Once you make the team you don't ever have to try out again. Unlike other organizations he works with you directly on getting your daughter into a good college and is well respected by recruiters. Remember it's not all about winning tournaments, it's about development and contacts. Best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter played for Liberty, and though everyone not affiliated with them will tell you that It's all Manhasset, that is not true. Yes, a lot of girls in that club are from their, but what els do you expect, No one says anything about all the N.P, Daler, or Mt.S girls that play for Y.J. She only Carries 2 teams and if your daughter is good enough for an age group she will be placed on a team, there are cuts. Again many girls are from 'set but there a very good H.S. program so they want to stay with their coach. She has added the coach from Wantaugh, but that happened after my daughter graduated, I can't see that as a bad thing having the head coaches from 2 top 10 schools. The parents a were very nice to us and believe me we are not from 'set. Team dinners at every tournament, snacks at games and an all around good vibe, we were very happy. Do not believe what the haters will say after this post, go see for yourself. It's just my experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks in advance

Nobody talks about TG anymore anyway, so you just needed to make it YJ free zone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks in advance

Nobody talks about TG anymore anyway, so you just needed to make it YJ free zone
that's exactly the kind of stupidity this person was looking to avoid. You sir, are an idiot. Whatever grudge you have, get over it. So transparent. As for the original poster, not really sure the answer is going to be found here. There are people who are happy and unhappy about any program. Tryout for a few you believe your daughter may like and see what happens. Everyone's experience differs within a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter played for Liberty, and though everyone not affiliated with them will tell you that It's all Manhasset, that is not true. Yes, a lot of girls in that club are from their, but what els do you expect, No one says anything about all the N.P, Daler, or Mt.S girls that play for Y.J. She only Carries 2 teams and if your daughter is good enough for an age group she will be placed on a team, there are cuts. Again many girls are from 'set but there a very good H.S. program so they want to stay with their coach. She has added the coach from Wantaugh, but that happened after my daughter graduated, I can't see that as a bad thing having the head coaches from 2 top 10 schools. The parents a were very nice to us and believe me we are not from 'set. Team dinners at every tournament, snacks at games and an all around good vibe, we were very happy. Do not believe what the haters will say after this post, go see for yourself. It's just my experience

So you have been out of the program for at least 3 years? Team dinners and snacks make it a good program? The lady who runs it is more political then maybe CR. If you don't play for her and try to go to set you are done. And she looks out for the set kids much more then any outside kid. Much better programs without that BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have been out of the program for at least 3 years? Team dinners and snacks make it a good program? The lady who runs it is more political then maybe CR. If you don't play for her and try to go to set you are done. And she looks out for the set kids much more then any outside kid. Much better programs without that BS.

You are completely wrong about that. My daughter plays for liberty and we are not from Manhasset and Danielle has always looked out for my daughter. We have never been treated any differently than the Manhasset girls or any other of her teammates based on where we live. And no way is DG imore political than CR,. That actually made me laugh out loud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like a bitter Y.J. parent. First off you don't try to go to 'set, You'er either in the district or not. There was 1 parent complaining about that (probably you) but she is full of crap. There was at least 1 '15 that played outside of Liberty and still got playing time (major contributor) so thats a lie. The one mother that loudly complained, and sued (And lost by the way) complained that her daughter didn't get playing time over the #1 recruit in the country. And by the way how many Dalers, mustangs or tigers dare play outside of Y.J.? It's all lies spread by a single source that was proven wrong. And yes team dinners do make for a better club, as opposed to the toxic environment of the me first crowd in gold and blue. Every girl got time on the field (not evenly but played in every game, unlike the gold and blue you don't pay to sit on a bench) and at least my kid was taught by one of the best coaches in the game today. yes there are college players as coaches, but they all went through the system and are pretty attentive. to address the political comment by the above poster, one of the rules is that a coach can not coach a team if there is a sibling or daughter on that team, can the gold and blue make that statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely wrong about that. My daughter plays for liberty and we are not from Manhasset and Danielle has always looked out for my daughter. We have never been treated any differently than the Manhasset girls or any other of her teammates based on where we live. And no way is DG imore political than CR,. That actually made me laugh out loud.

Agree - had a very good experience at liberty and am not from Manhasset either. Very good coaches and environment. There are 2 teams in each age group so your daughter may be on the 2nd team. Go to their tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like a bitter Y.J. parent. First off you don't try to go to 'set, You'er either in the district or not. There was 1 parent complaining about that (probably you) but she is full of crap. There was at least 1 '15 that played outside of Liberty and still got playing time (major contributor) so thats a lie. The one mother that loudly complained, and sued (And lost by the way) complained that her daughter didn't get playing time over the #1 recruit in the country. And by the way how many Dalers, mustangs or tigers dare play outside of Y.J.? It's all lies spread by a single source that was proven wrong. And yes team dinners do make for a better club, as opposed to the toxic environment of the me first crowd in gold and blue. Every girl got time on the field (not evenly but played in every game, unlike the gold and blue you don't pay to sit on a bench) and at least my kid was taught by one of the best coaches in the game today. yes there are college players as coaches, but they all went through the system and are pretty attentive. to address the political comment by the above poster, one of the rules is that a coach can not coach a team if there is a sibling or daughter on that team, can the gold and blue make that statement.

Funny that as soon as someone disagrees they are labeled bitter! I got news for you, this program is all about the top team now. If you make a B team or are offered a spot after tryouts run like the wind as you might as well throw your money away. Make no mistake, this is a Manhasset based program first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Funny that as soon as someone disagrees they are labeled bitter! I got news for you, this program is all about the top team now. If you make a B team or are offered a spot after tryouts run like the wind as you might as well throw your money away. Make no mistake, this is a Manhasset based program first.

Sorry but I am not buying it. Manhasset kids on both A and B teams. Manahasset kids are not getting any special treatment. Both teams get equal treatment in terms of number of practices, tournaments, etc. DG makes a point to be at as many practices regardless of age or team. Also makes a point to watch and coach a game for all her teams at a tournament.

As many posters said previously each club has pros and cons. Find what works best for your daughter and family.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
See- everyone can generally get along if it doesn't spiral into a YJ/TG/MD circle jerk.

Thanks for the advise all... All the input is helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the "rules" that a coach from Liberty cannot coach a team if there is a daughter on team is waaaay off base. Both coaches from the 2019 team have their daughters on that team so how they get around those rules? I guess it makes sense as one of these players is the niece of DG so nepotism seemed obvious. This same player also made the UA team - guess who was one of the coaches/evaluators? Yep, DG. Same thing fir the varsity team at Manhasset. Bit of a joke. Make no mistake, Liberty is a Manhasset team and nepotism certainly exists. I would avoid this program especially one with this type of culture and dynamic. Not healthy for you or your daughter. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG coaches a 2019 team @ Liberty. Pretty sure she has no daughter on the team.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her niece is on that team though. I think they are related! DG sister also on the sidelines and at practice so not sure who is coaching but it's obvious the rules mentioned above don't apply. That is the point!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is one "parent" coach I know of at Liberty. She played college lacrosse and an IWLCA Division 2 First Team All-America. I think her credentials speak for themselves. Maybe this thread needs to go to Liberty free discussion since there is clearly someone out there with an axe to grind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the "rules" that a coach from Liberty cannot coach a team if there is a daughter on team is waaaay off base. Both coaches from the 2019 team have their daughters on that team so how they get around those rules? I guess it makes sense as one of these players is the niece of DG so nepotism seemed obvious. This same player also made the UA team - guess who was one of the coaches/evaluators? Yep, DG. Same thing fir the varsity team at Manhasset. Bit of a joke. Make no mistake, Liberty is a Manhasset team and nepotism certainly exists. I would avoid this program especially one with this type of culture and dynamic. Not healthy for you or your daughter. Good luck.
The fact that you know so much about a team you hate is kind of creepy. I was affiliated with this club for 7 years ending in '15 and never heard of a parent coaching a daughter, I'm not saying it's not true, it probably is, but is certainly not the norm as it is in other clubs (see Yellow Jackets) D.G. helping her niece is to be expected, she is the owner and director, that has it's privileges, are you saying the girl is undersizing of her spot, and if you are can you explain the gaggle of players pushed onto the U.A. roster because of there direct relationship with a host of Y.J. coaches throughout the years? Your GURU is the queen of dirty nepotism so please don't try to sully the reputation of a great player, college coach, high school coach, and club director with your minimal argument, especially when you worship at the altar of hypocrisy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the rule that a coach cannot coach a team if there is a daughter of the team does not apply. Got it. Thanks for clarifying. DG can help her niece all she wants but it should be at the expense of the other players who pay good money to play on the same program. The point is nepotism exists in this program and if you aren't on the inside or related to a director or coach then you are not going to get the same looks. It really is too bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please, is coaching a first cousin ok? Politics are everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you know so much about a team you hate is kind of creepy. I was affiliated with this club for 7 years ending in '15 and never heard of a parent coaching a daughter, I'm not saying it's not true, it probably is, but is certainly not the norm as it is in other clubs (see Yellow Jackets) D.G. helping her niece is to be expected, she is the owner and director, that has it's privileges, are you saying the girl is undersizing of her spot, and if you are can you explain the gaggle of players pushed onto the U.A. roster because of there direct relationship with a host of Y.J. coaches throughout the years? Your GURU is the queen of dirty nepotism so please don't try to sully the reputation of a great player, college coach, high school coach, and club director with your minimal argument, especially when you worship at the altar of hypocrisy.

Your daughter was a 2015 Liberty , they sucked just like the rest of the teams . What's so funny is you could not keep the discussion free from those two teams you were asked to keep out of the discussion . Someone points out that your no mommy / daddy coaching rule is absolute bs and you make up excuses . Yes there are a few non manhasset kids but ultimately it's a town team you just get to pay more . Was funny when your kids team lost to a younger team from one of those unmentionables .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter was a 2015 Liberty , they sucked just like the rest of the teams . What's so funny is you could not keep the discussion free from those two teams you were asked to keep out of the discussion . Someone points out that your no mommy / daddy coaching rule is absolute bs and you make up excuses . Yes there are a few non manhasset kids but ultimately it's a town team you just get to pay more . Was funny when your kids team lost to a younger team from one of those unmentionables .
why are you so bitter? Sucked Is a little over stating it I think. My daughters team played any Y.J. Team twice, once in a fall ball against the true blue team (coached by 2 fathers)and it was a blowout, the second time was against the gold team at the U-15 that was a one goal loss. That same team also played Skywalkers in Va. And lost by 2, the same team that that Y.j. Blue lost to twice that same year, and M&D back to a 9-9 tie also in Va. So I don't know where you get your info from but it's wrong. All teams have a bit of nepotism involved, but as opposed to Y.J. It's almost nonexistent at Liberty, but apparently it does happen, but please don't come here trying to make it sound like the Y.J. Club doesn't have a rampant problem with nepotism and favoritism. The original topic was a parent wanted options other than y.j and t.g. Sorry if that offends you that a player and her family doesn't want to play at your "Elite" club, or that maybe we parents that actually had a daughter play with Liberty thought it a very good experience, as opposed to your expert analysis of a club your daughter either never played at, or left for your own reasons. Back tone topic. To the original parent, I suggest you go to the tryouts with your daughter, talk with the parents and coaches and see if you like it. I can tell you that the practices are 2 age groups at a time with the top coaches taking time at each team ( remember ther are only 2 teams per age) Danielle was very attentive to my daughter throughout her recruiting, calling both of us many times. She has a good college network and like I said has added the Wantaugh coach. Give it a try the tryout happens pretty early so if you don't like it you could always try another. Good luck to your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will put DG integrity up against any other LI Travel lax director....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are from Manhasset then yes it is the only option if you plan on going to Man HS. If you are not from Manhasset it should not be an option at all. Way to many comparable programs with less BS. DG is great when she gets her way but when she doesn't look out. Her and CR are 2 peas in a pod. DG should have recused herself at UA and probably her nieces team if all the rumors are true. That my friend would be called integrity. (Look up the definition) She didn't do that so she is just like all the rest or worse. She is all about the $$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave K., is that you again? silly boy....I thought you were not going to bash other directors anymore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are from Manhasset then yes it is the only option if you plan on going to Man HS. If you are not from Manhasset it should not be an option at all. Way to many comparable programs with less BS. DG is great when she gets her way but when she doesn't look out. Her and CR are 2 peas in a pod. DG should have recused herself at UA and probably her nieces team if all the rumors are true. That my friend would be called integrity. (Look up the definition) She didn't do that so she is just like all the rest or worse. She is all about the $$$$$

You clearly have a personal grudge with DG and Liberty. Perhaps you had a bad experience for whatever reason but your bitterness and anger seem over the top. Every coach and evaluator has connections to many of the girls selected for UA. If you don't like that process,
I have had many personal dealings with DG. She may be blunt but she's honest and a damn good coach. That's all I need for my daughtwe. And as far as the money, she's offering a service that I chose to pay for. Do you work for free? I don't.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone have anything good/bad to say about 91 and/or Icon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have anything good/bad to say about [****] and/or Icon?

.. great post encouraging and instigating the back and forth BS that goes on on tis site - this site should be taken down and instead we have white trash of America teaching our children to hate! Way to BOTC - you must be so proud of this blog site! BOTC is the only one who can put an end to this disgusting display of humanity!

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard