BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs are mostly too old and can't or won't run in the summer heat - and it hasn't been overwhelmingly hot this year so far. Refs are routinely making calls from 40-50 yards away. There needs to be a greater effort to get younger guys in their. One young guy (I am guessing early 30s) yesterday was excellent. Ran his [lacrosse] off, and was very authoritative and vocal explaining his calls. Always on top of the play, and even when he got something "wrong", parents didn't say anything because the guy was giving it 100% and was getting everything else right.

Its very frustrating for me to see an obvious wrong call (or wrong non-call) when I, on the sideline, are MUCH closer to the play than the ref is. A big one, at the younger levels, is the stick on stick, and then the ball carrier falls. That should never be a push, but from 40 yards away its impossible to tell and often these refs are blowing the whistle. Its confusing to a 10 year old who thinks he made a proper check and made a real effort to stay off the kid's back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The refs are mostly too old and can't or won't run in the summer heat - and it hasn't been overwhelmingly hot this year so far. Refs are routinely making calls from 40-50 yards away. There needs to be a greater effort to get younger guys in their. One young guy (I am guessing early 30s) yesterday was excellent. Ran his [lacrosse] off, and was very authoritative and vocal explaining his calls. Always on top of the play, and even when he got something "wrong", parents didn't say anything because the guy was giving it 100% and was getting everything else right.

Its very frustrating for me to see an obvious wrong call (or wrong non-call) when I, on the sideline, are MUCH closer to the play than the ref is. A big one, at the younger levels, is the stick on stick, and then the ball carrier falls. That should never be a push, but from 40 yards away its impossible to tell and often these refs are blowing the whistle. Its confusing to a 10 year old who thinks he made a proper check and made a real effort to stay off the kid's back.

Does NCLOA / SCLOA encourage teams to rate the officials at their games? This could be a step in the right direction if it doesn't exist today. Give positive feedback for the young guy doing it right & give poor feedback for the guy who is making the call from across the field.

This is probably an issue across all sports, not just lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does NCLOA / SCLOA encourage teams to rate the officials at their games? This could be a step in the right direction if it doesn't exist today. Give positive feedback for the young guy doing it right & give poor feedback for the guy who is making the call from across the field.

This is probably an issue across all sports, not just lacrosse.

But nothing will change, there are not enough referee's as it is. Check the web site, they are always looking for refs. Who has the time to ref a game at 3:00 on a Tuesday during the school year? It is a tough job to fill. You can rank them as poorly as you want they will be there anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen people. Unless we all start putting in complaints to the attorney general of New [lacrosse] the scam will continue to take place. These teams are taking our money without any type of contract and can pretty much bend the rules how they see fit. Would you give a contractor 3k without a contract of the work that would be done? No way. Travel lax has gotten so big on Long Island that there needs to be some regulation or we will continue to be ripped off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen people. Unless we all start putting in complaints to the attorney general of New [lacrosse] the scam will continue to take place. These teams are taking our money without any type of contract and can pretty much bend the rules how they see fit. Would you give a contractor 3k without a contract of the work that would be done? No way. Travel lax has gotten so big on Long Island that there needs to be some regulation or we will continue to be ripped off

This is the stupidest thing ever written.

We need to be protected from the big bad travel lacrosse organizations. "Please Mr. Schneiderman, stop tracking down corrupt politicians and make sure I get the RP3 head that they promised my son with his tuition."

Just so stupid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one forces anyone to participate, if it doesn't work for your son or daughter then don't do it pretty simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the schedule for the Express tournament. They can't even put forth a good effort running a tournament where they make $$$

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Where is the schedule for the Express tournament. They can't even put forth a good effort running a tournament where they make $$$

BOTC can not help you with that. I suggest that you contact Mike C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All for the low low price of $1,700 per team!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All for the low low price of $1,700 per team!!

But everyone will attend
The only thing clubs understand is a hit to the wallet
Sorry but facts are facts

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much worse I am sure then all the other tournaments tha don't rip you off right? You and your checkbook pay to play in all of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We need to be protected from the big bad travel lacrosse organizations. "Please Mr. Schneiderman, stop tracking down corrupt politicians and make sure I get the RP3 head that they promised my son with his tuition."

Just so stupid.

Chanenchuk still owes me a pair of Express shorts from 6 years ago. Is that a State congressman or a county executive that I need to contact?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just so stupid.

Chanenchuk still owes me a pair of Express shorts from 6 years ago. Is that a State congressman or a county executive that I need to contact?

Ah were those the bubble shorts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Really shouldn't be that difficult. Some tourneys have them out weeks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just so stupid.

Travel lacrosse is an OPTION for you and your kid. No one is forcing you to pay the $. If you're not happy don't play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverik schedule????? This is ridiculous. People have more than one kid or event this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverik schedule????? This is ridiculous. People have more than one kid or event this weekend.

They sent it to the directors yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They sent it to the directors yesterday.

They made many errors and will be correcting tonight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just so stupid.

Travel lacrosse is an OPTION for you and your kid. No one is forcing you to pay the $. If you're not happy don't play!

Don't be a tool, if you pay for a service any company should provide what they promised even the crooks in club lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BigtimeSHITOut.
What a bunch of jerkOFFFFFFFFFs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BigtimeSHITOut.

WHAT HAPPEND?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BigtimeSHITOut.

You are completely correct. They have changed the schedule at least 4 times in the last 2 days. Whoever is doing the schedule is completely over his head and keeps making it worse with every change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is playing true blue in 2022 bracket

Absolutely no thought is put into this POS tournament

wth.???? Why pay 1500 to play against a team you
Can play for free?
BigtimeSHITOut.

You are completely correct. They have changed the schedule at least 4 times in the last 2 days. Whoever is doing the schedule is completely over his head and keeps making it worse with every change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can play for free?
BigtimeSHITOut.

Can play for free?
BigtimeSHITOut.

That's the chance you take when your club puts 2 teams in the same tournament there really should be 2 pools though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs at Maverik Big Time Shootout were awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was absolutely the worst run tournament in my 6 years of being involved in travel lacrosse. Maverik should be ashamed of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was absolutely the worst run tournament in my 6 years of being involved in travel lacrosse. Maverik should be ashamed of themselves.
and they made a fortune!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will someone start policing the ages of kids in tournaments. 2025 True Blue played Express this weekend. Beat them in their first game and met them again in the Championship. Only difference was they grabbed 5-7 kids from their 2024 team to beat the 2025 True Blue Team in the Championship..

What kind of BS is this. Start checking birth certificates like Football and Baseball. All organizations like Express care about is winning tournaments even if it means cheating so they can charge more money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will someone start policing the ages of kids in tournaments. 2025 True Blue played Express this weekend. Beat them in their first game and met them again in the Championship. Only difference was they grabbed 5-7 kids from their 2024 team to beat the 2025 True Blue Team in the Championship..

What kind of BS is this. Start checking birth certificates like Football and Baseball. All organizations like Express care about is winning tournaments even if it means cheating so they can charge more money!!!!

Really shouldn't be difficult. Submit a team roster prior to 1st game of tourney. Check the roster prior to start of each game. If kid isn't on the submitted roster, then can't play.

Of course teams will always find ways around that - register more kids than on the team....give kids different jerseys....etc

But at least try to make the game as fair as possible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went from a 6-1 loss to a 10-2 win. Something is fishy there. Anyone else there to confirm the shenanigans? It sure looks funny from the scores on Tourney Machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They used to do it, sick of express cheating, did it a couple of years ago as well. Their motto is sportsmanship, leadership, in what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us lax is gutless and the tournaments and clubs are in it just for the cash. This has been going on for years. kids playing down, holdbacks etc.

Whatever these clubs and tournaments need to do to cash in.

Go like soccer, every kid has a player card with a photo END OF STORY. Change would be easy but the clubs who control the game don't want it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's probably worse are the 2025 parents whose kids sat that championship game without complaint so little Johnny could get his t-shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us lax is gutless and the tournaments and clubs are in it just for the cash. This has been going on for years. kids playing down, holdbacks etc.

Go like soccer, every kid has a player card with a photo END OF STORY. Change would be easy but the clubs who control the game don't want it

Socccer had big issues with cheating, roster changes, , etc years ago...They cleaned it up with a simple player card with photo...So simple and administered by US Soccer.. I have very very rarely ever heard a parent say anything in Soccer close to what is said about players and grades, age in Lacrosse..Lacrosse is out of control in many tournaments and leagues....USL could easily do this??? Why not?? Gutless is all I can tell...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Socccer had big issues with cheating, roster changes, , etc years ago...They cleaned it up with a simple player card with photo...So simple and administered by US Soccer.. I have very very rarely ever heard a parent say anything in Soccer close to what is said about players and grades, age in Lacrosse..Lacrosse is out of control in many tournaments and leagues....USL could easily do this??? Why not?? Gutless is all I can tell...

Roster changing in lacrosse isn't wrong. It isn't a clear league to maintain such a roster there are individual tournaments each week.

The only need for verification is for age range

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster changing in lacrosse isn't wrong. It isn't a clear league to maintain such a roster there are individual tournaments each week.

I think the point is that roster changing shouldn't be allowed. You build a team for the summer season and you should ride that team.

Yes, tournaments are single events but the nature of swapping out half the team each tournament is a little sketchy.

Some sort of guideline/rule/whatever you want to call it..... Teams lock down 1 roster with a max of about 25-30 kids (which would give plenty of room for any necessary guest players) by around April 1. If a kid isn't on that list, they should not be allowed to play in any tournament for that club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point is that roster changing shouldn't be allowed. You build a team for the summer season and you should ride that team.

Yes, tournaments are single events but the nature of swapping out half the team each tournament is a little sketchy.

Some sort of guideline/rule/whatever you want to call it..... Teams lock down 1 roster with a max of about 25-30 kids (which would give plenty of room for any necessary guest players) by around April 1. If a kid isn't on that list, they should not be allowed to play in any tournament for that club.

You here of this practice all of the time with the boys teams. Why on earth would you keep your kid on a team that takes your money but brings in kids whenever they want and add them to the team to win a tournament? If this ever happened on my daughters team we would immediately start looking for another program to play on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The club directors, coaches, and some parents are only concerned with their win loss record. Most college recruiters don't even have an idea what the score is of the game they're watching. If a team pulled in ringers to win tourney games, my son would be long gone from that particular club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guest players happen a lot and for two reasons. One is ok, one is sketchy as [lacrosse].

A team adds a tournament as an extra and needs to have a guest or two to fill out a roster to play because their team wasn't complete. this isn't so bad but it usually isn't in season and certainly isn't the bigger tournaments

They also invite guests to try to improve. If this is the case, and your son loses one minute of time, move on. It is your son that they are trying to upgrade from. You paid the fees but the greener grass is getting the time. go to a program that doesn't invite guests!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
notice how the tryout fees have rocketed up this year?..used to be 25/50 bucks..now that is gonzo..just another way for programs to squeeze folks...

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard