BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 77 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did you hear about the kid who commited to john Hopkins 8 years ago
All state in high school never got in the field at Hopkins

You know what they call him now

Doctor

he must've taken a bunch of LAB's in the Summer months, kinda ROUGH to take legit classes at Hop with the lax requirements. Fact.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every kid who made the UA LI Team - Highlight Roster is a D1 verbal Committed player.

JHU - 5 kids
Maryland - 2 kids
Cornell - 2 kids
Michigan - 2 kids
Lehigh - 2 kids
Loyola - 2 kids
PSU - 1 kid
SBU - 1 kid
Duke - 1 kid
UNC - 1 kid
Villanova - 1 kid
Yale - 1 kid
Harvard - 1 kid

The public school kids include 2 All-Americans and virtually all other kids are all county for one or two years.

A bunch of the best D! college coaches and panels of HS coaches in Nassau and Suffolk think highly of these kids independent from UA Evaluators.

it is unfortunate that UA tryouts were on same day as the county awards dinners... this was not the fault of these kids.

Then why bother with a tryout?

This list is the team from LI and its impressive. But several D1 commits from LI weren't added. All VERY STRONG players even if they didnt make it. Truth is from LI, PA & MD it should be 25 man roster due to the mass amount of talent in those areas. What the [lacrosse] a few more $$$ in UA pocket.

Hopkins - 5
Maryland - 2
Loyola - 2
Duke - 1
PSU - 1
Mich - 2
Cornell - 2
Bucknell -1
Yale - 1
Harvard - 1
Nova - 1
Lehigh - 1
SB -1
UNC -1

Who cares where they are going to college! That doesn't make them a great player. Some commit to play at schools that they got no Athletic money to go to and will probably never see the field. This has been a catholic/express driven tryout and everyone knows it! It is what it is. Mike C and company are going to take the kids they are comfortable with. The girls side has the same complaints with the YJ's. The only problem is that The LI boys lose and the girls win! You would think that you might want to step outside your comfort zone and actually try to find some gritty players to add to your silver spoon kids! But That won't happen, it's not good for business!

Such foolish comments. Most of this team is PUBLIC school kids. As far as lax $$$ in college, how the heck do you know what (or what not) 22 kids are getting? Stop being bitter, these kids are all very strong players. I watched the last game and most of these kids played great.

Says the dad whose kid made it. All anyone needs to know is that 18 out of the 22 kids are current or former express players, period. Doesnt actually matter though, theyll get smoked just like last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List is 100% correct..

I guess u either can't read (details are straight from the UA site) or u r delusional.

Tryouts for UA are not mandatory... If u don't like the process or event don't try out... There are many other events available.

Have a nice summer!

Directly from the UA Website:

Selection Process

– At the end of the tryout all evaluators will meet to discuss all players and select the final 22 players.

– A Corrigan Sports representative will lead the discussion and put players ‘on the board’

– No coach (high school or club) may mention one of their own players

– Players will be evaluated on their performance at the tryout

– The final 22 player roster must have two (2) goalies, but can be comprised of any other combination of Attack, Midfield, and Defense. (ex/ 6 Att, 8 Mid, 6 Def)

– Once the final roster is selected the Uncommitted players will be selected

– The final roster will be posted within 48 hours of the team being selected, and invitation emails will be sent out.

– Players selected to the 22 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions.

Im not sure but it looks like it says "players will be evaluated by their performance at the tryout". I guess you cant read, nice try though. Have fun getting your head handed to you down there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that I've read all these posts about UA I'm glad my kid didn't make it. I would never want my son to make it because of politics. I would rather him be a stand up person and a great lacrosse player ( which he is) and go far in life because of hard work. That's what matters in the end anyway. Good luck to that team. I hope life always gets handed to you on a silver platter. If not maybe daddy will push his way for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do I find the names that made it ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two observations about the UA "tryouts." The first is Turtles, Turtles, Turtles. Guess who the evaluators were? I watched one of the ex-Turtles not play very well. But this team was not only picked based on politics, but resume and the colleges they are committed to. Not two late afternoons at Mitchell Field. This team was picked long ago. The other is birth date. I really enjoyed finally seeing their birthdays listed. The majority of players picked were anywhere from 6-12 months older than my son in the same graduating year. If given a do over I would have held my son (August birthday) back. Don't tell me there is no advantage to doing that. It also makes sense when I think back to some players that dominated in the early grades. Age matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the selection process is a lie... I can tell you 5 kids off the top of my head that didn't attend day 1 of tryouts and made it to the final game .. I can also tell you there was indeed a predetermined team before tryouts even started with the exception of a few openings !!!! It's really a shame that there is no such thing as a legit tryout . 2 players I personally know made the final roster that didn't attend day 1 ... Funny UA rules specifically says they must attend Both days to be eligible for final team .. Parents throwing their money around and kissing [lacrosse] to get their kid ahead !!! Kudos to the kids that made it on their own ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ten out of twenty UA players with a 2017 graduation year born in 1998. Only three players born after June 1999. Coincidence? Memo to parents: Want your kid on the A team? Make sure he is older than the all the other kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List is 100% correct..

I guess u either can't read (details are straight from the UA site) or u r delusional.

Tryouts for UA are not mandatory... If u don't like the process or event don't try out... There are many other events available.

Have a nice summer!

Selection Process

– At the end of the tryout all evaluators will meet to discuss all players and select the final 22 players.

– A Corrigan Sports representative will lead the discussion and put players ‘on the board’

– The final 22 player roster must have two (2) goalies, but can be comprised of any other combination of Attack, Midfield, and Defense. (ex/ 6 Att, 8 Mid, 6 Def)

– The final roster will be posted within 48 hours of the team being selected, and invitation emails will be sent out.

– Players selected to the 22 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions.

Im not sure but it looks like it says "players will be evaluated by their performance at the tryout". I guess you cant read, nice try though. Have fun getting your head handed to you down there.

Go to the facts tab. Slide down you will see the note (paraphrasing) if you can't make the first day give a reason and they may grant you a pass to day two.

After all is said and done are you splitting hairs on the selections. Or is there a big miss or obvious selection that will make the parent cringe when the kid enters the game.

Good luck to all the kids selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List is 100% correct..

Have a nice summer!

Selection Process

Go to the facts tab. Slide down you will see the note (paraphrasing) if you can't make the first day give a reason and they may grant you a pass to day two.

After all is said and done are you splitting hairs on the selections. Or is there a big miss or obvious selection that will make the parent cringe when the kid enters the game.

Good luck to all the kids selected.

Youre just not getting it. Nobody is saying the kids that got picked are not good players or there was an obvious snub or omission. The point here is that this was supposed to be an "open" tryout, which it clearly wasnt. The kids that showed up to tryout and legitimately make the team were not given a fair shot to do so because the majority of the team was predetermined. The whole things stinks of cronyism and favoritism plain and simple and quite frankly its the reason most of the lacrosse world dislikes Long Island intensely.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my personal take on this is as follows - My son chose to go to the first night of the tryout instead of the dinner, he does not regret the decision even though he now knows he could have just come the second night. He is uncommitted so playing in front of a lot of good college coaches was well worth the money, He was picked for the final game but not for the final team and that is about correct based on the players that made it over him that are clearly better players. He was picked for the uncommitted game and is going to play in that so while I understand people being upset with the process we were pretty happy and we will return next year to try again.

Congrats - for full disclosure, does he play for Outlaws and or Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the seniors on the team LI team posted in newsday this past sunday did not try out last year. In fact very few showed last year. They knew the fix was in last year and the word is out now. Favortism at its best. Lets check in a few weeks for the results of event and on field performance. Hope we are wrong and LI finally wins one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth in advertising. If 15 spots(just an example) are predetermined, just say it. We all know how showcases go, (which by the way has got to be the biggest detriment to team play/cohesiveness), me ball is disgusting and no way shows who are the better players in game situations. Final results, you get what you get, individual showboating.

My oldest played in college, watching how lacrosse has evolved since 2008 HS level no thanks. My younger 3 have/will finish out HS, 2 of the 3 all conference varsity starters since 9th grade, the process now is UGLY. Nothing much separates the kids who have played since the age of 7/8/9 EXCEPT who you know. Don't be fooled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to break it to you, but there are a lot of committed 2017s - your golden boys are not that special. Did you notice that the kids from the H.S teams who beat your self-proclaimed 'best kids on L.I' didn't bother trying out? Why? Because it is widely known by the coaching community that this is a pre-arranged team based on cronyism not merit. When you're on the inside, it's probably best to keep quiet. You're embarrassing yourself by defending this blantanly corrupt process. No County, LIC, State or Catholic championships for most of the chosen ones ...but at least they get a helmet from LU... I mean UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want a fair "tryout"? Stop involving the St Anthonys/ Express contingent as "evaluators." But with impartial evaluators, the chosen ones might have to actually try as opposed to relying on their resumes. By the way, politics has always played a role in these things going back to the Empire State games of 30 years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want a fair "tryout"? Stop involving the St Anthonys/ Express contingent as "evaluators." But with impartial evaluators, the chosen ones might have to actually try as opposed to relying on their resumes. By the way, politics has always played a role in these things going back to the Empire State games of 30 years ago.

It will never be fair. It is bad business. It is one of the selling points to play Express. The only way to get them out is for the tryout numbers to plummet. Unfortunately people still think they have a chance and with a good amount of coaches there, they will get numbers. Under Armour doesn't care if Long Island loses, in fact they would rather the Maryland teams win. It is a shame because with the talent on LI we should be in the championship every year just like the LI girls. If you are going to load up the teams with one clubs kids at least win! If you say all the kids are great then the coaching must suck! Either way if you don't play Express or have a connection to Express stay home and save your money! If enough kids do that you will see how fast UA gets rid of Mike C!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all you middle aged haters... Go cry into your red cups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is hating? Just stating the obvious! If LI is a hot bed for lax and they pick a team supposedly that is the best, we should win! or at least be close. That has not been the case because it is not a choice of the best kids on LI, it is a choice of the best kids who play at 1 club with a few token outsiders. It is what it is. I have a daughter who played YJ and was on the UA team. It is political to a point w them too, but not nearly as bad as the boys. The difference is that they win and the boys don't! so at least they have an argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a chosen one,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brother Gary should only know what goes on with SA lax and Express and how badly the "unfavored" kids are treated. It's disgusting!! If youre smart and your thinking of coming to SA DONT! you will be sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather cry in it than pee in it like you do, then drink it. STFU butthead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see u have already started...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather cry in it than pee in it like you do, then drink it. STFU butthead.

Spoken like a true Long Islander. Impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my personal take on this is as follows - My son chose to go to the first night of the tryout instead of the dinner, he does not regret the decision even though he now knows he could have just come the second night. He is uncommitted so playing in front of a lot of good college coaches was well worth the money, He was picked for the final game but not for the final team and that is about correct based on the players that made it over him that are clearly better players. He was picked for the uncommitted game and is going to play in that so while I understand people being upset with the process we were pretty happy and we will return next year to try again.

Congrats - for full disclosure, does he play for Outlaws and or Chaminade?

neither, he plays for his HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
town is filled with D-bags. Its a bad place. Good lax team, but it ends there. "Gimmie, I'll take." Never hear the word please or thank you when in syosset or Woodbury at the gym, bagel store...wherever...

Hate to lump entire town into a one category
But
I have to agree
to say the sports parents I have dealt with
In soccer - wrestling and lacrosse are rude
Would be a huge understatement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brother Gary should only know what goes on with SA lax and Express and how badly the "unfavored" kids are treated. It's disgusting!! If youre smart and your thinking of coming to SA DONT! you will be sorry

If you're smart and thinking of coming to Chaminade - DON'T! You will be sorry...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
town is filled with D-bags. Its a bad place. Good lax team, but it ends there. "Gimmie, I'll take." Never hear the word please or thank you when in syosset or Woodbury at the gym, bagel store...wherever...

But
I have to agree

Am I just too sensitive or are there anti-semitic undertones in the original post? are the Syosset inhabitants more polite in the Pizzerias or Home Depot? and just the "Gimmie, I'll take." lacrosse parents only in the bagel establishments?

Why did the second poster needed to reply and confirm the first post about a month after it was originally posted?

I would suggest you build that wall around your town (and make us Jews pay for it) and stay out of our Kibbutz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But
I have to agree

Am I just too sensitive or are there anti-semitic undertones in the original post? are the Syosset inhabitants more polite in the Pizzerias or Home Depot? and just the "Gimmie, I'll take." lacrosse parents only in the bagel establishments?

Why did the second poster needed to reply and confirm the first post about a month after it was originally posted?

I would suggest you build that wall around your town (and make us Jews pay for it) and stay out of our Kibbutz.

please let not go there, this post or similar has been floated around a few times, here and there. lets keep it above board as much as you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But
I have to agree

Says the over sensitive, politically correct liberal Dbag!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---------------------------

For someone who seems to have a problem with Syosset / Woodbury you seem to spend a lot of time at the "gym, bagelstore...whereever..."

I guess you must like Syosset / Woodbury or you wouldn't keep going to these places.

Or, maybe the rock you live under does have good bagels nearby. No gyms in your town? Probably has a bunch of good bars though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll endure the slight trip to the west for Arata Sushi and the croissants across the street and I'm alsways sure to emphsasize "please" when ordering and "thank you" upon completion hoping maybe it might rub off on the locals...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll endure the slight trip to the west for Arata Sushi and the croissants across the street and I'm alsways sure to emphsasize "please" when ordering and "thank you" upon completion hoping maybe it might rub off on the locals...

Don't throw stones what glass house do you live in? Or are you scared to say???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scared? I live in Huntington. Yes, maybe late at night south of the train station I would be a little scared--but I rarely find myself there at that hour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scared? I live in Huntington. Yes, maybe late at night south of the train station I would be a little scared--but I rarely find myself there at that hour.

Yes, you only go there (South Huntington) to buy the crack you are obviously on...

I guess they don't have sushi in Huntington...? Please... You are definitely a wannabe...

Do us all a favor... Stay in Suffolk County.

Now go get ur shine box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the moderator should stop posting moronic statements from people that have nothing to do with lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But
I have to agree

so how was your day going before you decided you needed to tell the whole world that you anonymously agreed with a month old stupid post and stir things up on BOTC?

woke up, brushed your tooth, kick your dog, pee in the sink and then on your way out the door you stop and think to your self "hmmmm, I wonder if everybody on the internet wants to know my feelings about the manners of sports parents in Syosset?" so you turn around, kick the dog again and reply to a month old post.....now you can grab you lunch pail and go to the coal mines knowing that god forbid anything happens to me today, at least the world will know I didn't like a few sports parents in Syosset or Woodbury. Thank you Olgie

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe the moderator should stop posting moronic statements from people that have nothing to do with lacrosse.

I take it that you are not amused. Well... I am so sorry for you, feel free to stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, you only go there (South Huntington) to buy the crack you are obviously on...

I guess they don't have sushi in Huntington...? Please... You are definitely a wannabe...

Now go get ur shine box.

Give the guy a break he's stressing over paying for private school..... Huntington guy is just angry that no one told him you can't send your kids to public school no matter what part of Huntington you live in. Sounds like he has to take his anger and jealously out on an entire town by stereotyping the people that live there. And by the way who's to say that the "rude" people you are coming into contact with in the syo/Woodbury establishments aren't just like you and not from Syosset but just there from outside town patronizing these establishments . Then your whole theory is shot to [lacrosse] . Obnoxious ppl r all over the place

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now go get ur shine box.

Give the guy a break he's stressing over paying for private school..... Huntington guy is just angry that no one told him you can't send your kids to public school no matter what part of Huntington you live in. Sounds like he has to take his anger and jealously out on an entire town by stereotyping the people that live there. And by the way who's to say that the "rude" people you are coming into contact with in the syo/Woodbury establishments aren't just like you and not from Syosset but just there from outside town patronizing these establishments . Then your whole theory is shot to [lacrosse] . Obnoxious ppl r all over the place

From the NY Times: say no more
The number of Hispanics living in the Town of Huntington, about 45 miles east of Manhattan, has risen to 22,207, from 12,837 a decade ago, according to the United States Census Bureau. But Hispanics from Central America have been flocking to the area for decades, eager for jobs, cutting lawns or dishwashing in the wealthy ZIP codes nearby.

By now, many of them are homeowners themselves, taxpayers and businesses owners.

“They are our football players and our cheerleaders and they eat lunch with our children,” said Jennifer LaVertu, 43, a neighborhood activist, of the children of immigrants who fill the town’s schools and athletic fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's ok, under Trump, Huntington gets the first wall....

Page 68 of 77 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard