BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 42 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if you saw the M&D and Heros shorten games, neither one of those 2 teams uses the bench. Except for M&D that subbed one girl. heroes did not sub at all. they all had the " short " bench working as well. 13 girls on their team did not see the field either. It is what it is.

What do you expect in a 20 minute playoff game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

Sounds to me like you are a CR suck [lacrosse]. Legacy is doing fine for a program in their second year. And the Blue team must be doing pretty well if AC had to sit half her team for the game just to beat them by 2. And with all the Legacy girls playing. I think that you should worry more about your "super" team and stop concentrating on other programs. Actually what I see is more and more players and parents checking out their options in the future.

And in case you don't realize, why do you think that YJ rarely plays teams from Long Island? Usually because SHE is the one that uses her power and money to block other quality LI teams from competing in events that she can control or influence. It's not the other way around.

Now back to you....tool bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a reality check, for those of you on the YJ Curcio 1010's nobody ever promised anybody playing time! This is about money and ego for CR period. Ask a single college coach who won the 2020 XYZ Tourney and they will laugh in your face, they don't care. Its not a secret who the top clubs are and the top teams within those teams, coaches will be drawn to those teams regardless of who wins what tourneys. The top teams from those organizations have and will always put out a good product. Winning tourneys for these owners especially CR is about $$$$$$ and ego to flood those lower teams with false hopes of being on the top team and even then being in the upper half so you may get a chance to showcase your ability. So for those of that are posting saying you watched the team or are on the team know the reality it wasn't just the playoffs and championship game of which only half yes half the team played period. playing was not as drastic in pool play but it was cut immensely also. So just come out say we play to win period, its not about recruiting because the top 5-7 players will get recruited to top lax schools weather they play a full game or half. So ego and money end of story

Angry much? My understanding is the 2 earlier tournaments playing time was essentially equal on the Curcio team. Who knows maybe they had a team meeting and the parents were told that they were going to play to win and if you are not good with that don't make the trip.The funny thing is so many of you come onto this site trying to make the kids/parents of the ones who did not get in the game feel like crap saying you cant get recruited from the bench , YJ plays to win , blah blah. Go look at YJ commits , then get back to me .The reason so many coaches go watch YJ play is because they win so they know they have good players and it ends up benefitting all the players on that team. Just look at YJ 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you saw the M&D and Heros shorten games, neither one of those 2 teams uses the bench. Except for M&D that subbed one girl. heroes did not sub at all. they all had the " short " bench working as well. 13 girls on their team did not see the field either. It is what it is.

I beg to differ both M&D and Heroes did sub cant say for sure if all if the children played but I can defiantly say it was more than one! P.S. neither team carries 24 players and the don't shorten there bench in pool play like YJ 1010's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really have no idea."dad is a coach" How can the coaches not know dad is a certified/qualified coach is simply entertaining! Uhmm this guys sits around like he his always scouting for someone. Who really knows what he is up too, don't be surprise of what's to come in the future. As word around town is he training kids to understand the fundamentals and play the game in traditional game format. It's no secret everyone knows except those that have blinders on. Let the kids play teach them well and everyone will have success.

Dad is not scouting anyone from out here... Doesn't look too happy with any of these LI teams

Last time I checked, dad was not coaching anyone else except his daughter. Dad is quiet and will never be scouting anybody.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed, for a 20 minute game only the top 11 will play perhaps 1 sub. its reality

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what game did you watch??? one girl from M&D came in the payoff game and they have 22 girls on the roster, count them next time you see them, Heroes did not sub at all in the championship game, and they have 20 girls on the roster..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree SL needs to get control if both teams are going to be able to compete with other teams A,B, needs just as much attention don't worry about YJ. But I do see coach taking his kid after this season totally unfair I also see the same in practice she rocks and then on the road is neglected the ball at all cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some team from Virginia really go to the US Lacrosse tourney in Ohio and win the Mid-West play-in tourney. That is just pitiful. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Why not have Long Island send their 5th and 6th best teams out west, smh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

Sounds to me like you are a CR suck [lacrosse]. Legacy is doing fine for a program in their second year. And the Blue team must be doing pretty well if AC had to sit half her team for the game just to beat them by 2. And with all the Legacy girls playing. I think that you should worry more about your "super" team and stop concentrating on other programs. Actually what I see is more and more players and parents checking out their options in the future.

And in case you don't realize, why do you think that YJ rarely plays teams from Long Island? Usually because SHE is the one that uses her power and money to block other quality LI teams from competing in events that she can control or influence. It's not the other way around.

Now back to you....tool bag.

Here is the issue with what you are saying. First everyone actually played in the game against legacy. Second they play plenty of teams from LI but would rather play the best teams from other states as the competition is just better. Third you sound exactly like the TG people years ago puffing out their chests with the look how good we have gotten so fast and now look at them. Lastly you look like a complete tool with the nonsense of not naming the club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed, for a 20 minute game only the top 11 will play perhaps 1 sub. its reality

what game did you watch??? one girl from M&D came in the payoff game and they have 22 girls on the roster, count them next time you see them, Heroes did not sub at all in the championship game, and they have 20 girls on the roster..

Thanks East Ender! Your true colors are following you to YJ no different then you acted at TG... you are pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, not sure what the heck your referring with the East End of TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, not sure what the heck your referring with the East End of TG.

Sounds like a West Hampton reference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls 2020 group might just bad enough people to literally destroy the sport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree SL needs to get control if both teams are going to be able to compete with other teams A,B, needs just as much attention don't worry about YJ. But I do see coach taking his kid after this season totally unfair I also see the same in practice she rocks and then on the road is neglected the ball at all cost.

So the teal daddy coach is gonna pack his bag and leave at the end of the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a lot of work to do?
M&D 5 LEGACY 6
NEMS 4 NEMS 5

M&D 8 LEGACY 9
MD UNITED 7

M&D 4 LEGACY 4
YJ C 3 YJ C 6

I guess, but honestly if your goal it to beat B teams by the same margin as an A level team then congrats . Your team is well coached but you already have some real annoying parents . I like the guy running up and down the side line yelling " not bad for B team players". You left YJ , time to move on . Your daughter probably would have made the A team but you are a troll and no one wants that baggage . If your knew coaches see or hear your nonsense they will not want to deal w the baggage either .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the teal daddy coach is gonna pack his bag and leave at the end of the summer?

Why should she not? And why does it matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any reason why she shouldn't leave? Oh okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a lot of work to do?
M&D 5 LEGACY 6
NEMS 4 NEMS 5

M&D 8 LEGACY 9
MD UNITED 7

M&D 4 LEGACY 4
YJ C 3 YJ C 6

I guess, but honestly if your goal it to beat B teams by the same margin as an A level team then congrats . Your team is well coached but you already have some real annoying parents . I like the guy running up and down the side line yelling " not bad for B team players". You left YJ , time to move on . Your daughter probably would have made the A team but you are a troll and no one wants that baggage . If your knew coaches see or hear your nonsense they will not want to deal w the baggage either .

I love that guy. Honest. Sincere and if I know him he was trying to call out the insulting parent on your team who puts everyone down that isn't on YJ blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's two sides to every story. Then there's the truth somewhere in the middle. See you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one said they suck , just not very good . Curious any kid on that team contribute to their high school team other than the hurt kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ over TG twice. Once while they were in the midst of changing coaches and missing players in fall tourney 9-5 The second time was at the national draw 3 - 2 with the only YJ scoring being done by two top gun transfers. So I wouldn't be pumping my chest I'd be at the field with my daughter!! Or you can take it to a Topgun camp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this another age group where the YJ's have imported their best players and the players that have been doing YJ's / Hornets clinics, camps, personal training and team since kindergarten aren't as good?

Seems in many age groups the best have learned their craft elsewhere and then are poached and brought in. Now the YJ's need to start bring in some better coaches because many of these very nice young ladies are overmatched and shouldn't be coaching the best LI has to offer. If they are the best players, they clearly don't have the best coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the two inflated jackasses on this thread - one pounding his chest about his TG kid and one about his kid at YJ - can we move on? The "your team is better than my team" and the "we only lost because..." your back and forth is repulsive. SHUT UP on behalf of the majority of good kids and parents of both programs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people have no clue. Many YJ's made major contributions to their HS teams - some on play-off caliber teams, with some putting up very meaningful points and making All Division or All County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are good players on Top Guns, Legacy and YJ at this age. The top teams (such as YJ, Heroes and M&D) simply have a few more strong players. It is that simple. When you play to win and sub fewer kids it makes a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people have no clue. Many YJ's made major contributions to their HS teams - some on play-off caliber teams, with some putting up very meaningful points and making All Division or All County.

AND HOW MANY MADE MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS IN MARYLAND THIS PAST WEEKEND? 3 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like such a moron so normally i would not attempt to answer such an idiotic question. Depends on what you mean by a major contribution( my guess is you are one of those idiotic people who only goal watch). I would say about 6-8 defenders made major contributions, 2 goalies, 6 middies, 8 attack. Cannot say any one kid scored a lot of goals or had a lot of assists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha, you do realize that there are a lot of kids that suck on blue and black right? Don't drink the kool aid and believe that maybe because your kid is on one of those teams that they belong there. however I'm quite sure the issues these people are talking about have nothing to do with team placement. but overall politics and team/club treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Long Island People are all clueless. Lacrosse is 90% speed and 10% stick skills/field awareness. If a player has the 90% which is speed that player is a much more valuable player. you can train a kid to get the other 10% but let me see most of you train your kids to get even a little speed. it will never happen. You guys have a serious lack of kids with speed and athleticism up there and I would rather a kid with speed than most of your slow kids. Truth is fast or last and I guess that's why you all struggle against teams here in the South. Maryland, UNC, USC, Florida are all teams that recruit solely on speed. so you can cross most of your slow butts off those lists. These Maryland Clubs would love to have her. You all can stay right there, we pass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll be at practice tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like such a moron so normally i would not attempt to answer such an idiotic question. Depends on what you mean by a major contribution( my guess is you are one of those idiotic people who only goal watch). I would say about 6-8 defenders made major contributions, 2 goalies, 6 middies, 8 attack. Cannot say any one kid scored a lot of goals or had a lot of assists.

I think they meant on the field, not to CR bank account

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Long Island People are all clueless. Lacrosse is 90% speed and 10% stick skills/field awareness. If a player has the 90% which is speed that player is a much more valuable player. you can train a kid to get the other 10% but let me see most of you train your kids to get even a little speed. it will never happen. You guys have a serious lack of kids with speed and athleticism up there and I would rather a kid with speed than most of your slow kids. Truth is fast or last and I guess that's why you all struggle against teams here in the South. Maryland, UNC, USC, Florida are all teams that recruit solely on speed. so you can cross most of your slow butts off those lists. These Maryland Clubs would love to have her. You all can stay right there, we pass.

You are really an idiot. Its not even worth showing you just how stupid you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they meant on the field, not to CR bank account

Now that is really funny!!! C'mon yj even you can laugh at that one. Get past the hate because the girls pretty much all get along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The more you speak the more you give yourself away. My guess is a defender who played varsity for a playoff team. Narrowed the field quite bit. I think we all know who it is now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speed is definitely important, but not 90%, sorry. And those programs don't recruit only on speed, that is just flat out ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6-8 defenders that's hilarious, and only 2 subs in playoff game went in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are really an idiot. Its not even worth showing you just how stupid you are.
I'll do it. First the top 2 recruits this past year were both from LI. As far as speed vs. stick speed, if your kid can't catch (obviously yours can't) and she constantly drops the ball, than all the speed in world can't help her. That, coupled with the fact that the ball being passed between two stick skilled players moves much faster than any person can run shows how uneducated about lax you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speed is huge, but so is the skill, IQ etc....they need to have it all. Agreed, you can't teach speed, and even more important than speed is agility, quickness. Quickness of direction change, foot movement, hand and stick movement and the the ability to use it to benefit their game. So on some level I agree, speed is great but it certainly doesn't make a player great. Here is where you are wrong... many players can not be taught that 10% that you claim so unimportant. All that IQ, situational awareness, field vision, stick skill, and most important of all, HEART.... this stuff perfected, is much more rare to find than speed. Then lastly... who is stuggling against Southern teams? My daughter's team only has one club that can compete with them, M&D black. LI top teams are dead even with southern top teams, B teams with B teams and so on....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The more you speak the more you give yourself away. My guess is a defender who played varsity for a playoff team. Narrowed the field quite bit. I think we all know who it is now.

Class A B or C

Page 32 of 42 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard