BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not easy getting up and out of the car after a 3hr drive and a 5am wake up when your 12yrs old.

maybe the YJ are starting to get warmed up after a 10 month layoff
last Tourn was the first together since last year..

Are you referring to C2 traveling to LI ? Thats why YJ beat them ?

Why such a big discrepancy from 6-6 to 5-0 ? Same team ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not easy getting up and out of the car after a 3hr drive and a 5am wake up when your 12yrs old.

that's funny cause my 13 year old is in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And will be 14 when this year. Most Li 22 are 12 or turning 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14 next school year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14 next school year

So I hate the stay back culture as well. But as long as a 2022 turned 12 after 9/01/15, they are "on age". So I think your comment is misplaced in this case.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you referring to C2 traveling to LI ? Thats why YJ beat them ?

No.. the game were played in NJ..
Why such a big discrepancy from 6-6 to 5-0 ? Same team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
four 40 minute pool play games for C2, semis then finals. i know, YJ did the same, but they had more middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wahhhhhhh!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they C2 play in the same weather and had sticks goggles and mouthpieces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wahhhhhhh!!!!

Hey, LI Dad was just trying to make excuses for why YJ lost when they had to drive 3 hours to Md....cant have it both ways.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wahhhhhhh!!!!

Hey, LI Dad was just trying to make excuses for why YJ lost when they had to drive 3 hours to Md....cant have it both ways.

first.. it takes three hours to get out of NY.. then another 2 to get to Md. from L.I.

for YJ.. the Spring Championship Tourn was their first "live" games in 10 months..they're getting better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wahhhhhhh!!!!

first.. it takes three hours to get out of NY.. then another 2 to get to Md. from L.I.

for YJ.. the Spring Championship Tourn was their first "live" games in 10 months..they're getting better
please L.I. dad don't become "that Guy". It does not take 3 hours to get out of N.Y. from the Island unless you're not smart enough to leave early, and then that is on you. You can't use the excuse that a tourney was there first in 10 months, every one knows that all clubs play year round, the only difference is that in Md. they are better prepared because there doesn't seem to be the petty fighting between clubs and they are smart enough to run a in state club league in the winter. You win or lose because of the strength of your team. If your daughter can't drive for hours,sleep in hotels, or be prepared to play at any time then she will not be able to play in college. stop with excuses it makes you seem juvenal. If you parents in the club seen don't want your kids to fall way behind ( but you have all ready) the Md. clubs then you better get on your club directors, ALL OF THEM, to start an inter cub league in the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, someone asked why the discrepancy. same team, two different results. c2 is not deep in the midfield. after the first three, there is a dropoff. was just providing a contributing factor. not making excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[u]
wahhhhhhh!!!!

please L.I. dad don't become "that Guy". It does not take 3 hours to get out of N.Y. from the Island unless you're not smart enough to leave early, and then that is on you. You can't use the excuse that a tourney was there first in 10 months, every one knows that all clubs play year round, the only difference is that in Md. they are better prepared because there doesn't seem to be the petty fighting between clubs and they are smart enough to run a in state club league in the winter. You win or lose because of the strength of your team. If your daughter can't drive for hours,sleep in hotels, or be prepared to play at any time then she will not be able to play in college. stop with excuses it makes you seem juvenal. If you parents in the club seen don't want your kids to fall way behind ( but you have all ready) the Md. clubs then you better get on your club directors, ALL OF THEM, to start an inter cub league in the winter.

I'm glad you got my exaggeration, your right it doesn't always take 3 hours to get out of NY .. but it can..
It was that teams first game action since last July.. you can choose not to believe it if you want.. they did not play any fall tourn. as a team.. they all played rec league in the spring but for their respective town teams..
I agree with you about a local travel league.. it sounds like a great idea, and it definitely gives the Md. clubs/teams/players a nice advantage.. count me as jealous
as far as the distance traveled and the car rides & Hotels having an effect on the players.. it's Travel Lacrosse.. so the players need to play.. but that doesn't make it easier and it would be nice to be able to sleep in our own beds during these tournaments.
Oh.. and I'm leaving tomorrow at 11:00 am and will be sleeping in a hotel in Md. tomorrow night to play in Md. Saturday & Sunday..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams are together again this weekend. Will see who comes out on top this time.

Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.

Elevate will be there too!

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going?

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj 1-0-1 so far. I doubt they make the playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STFU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're playing YJ Russell again this morning. Hopefully it will be a closer game. Neither side likes to watch a blowou

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2022 Russell came to Maryland. And did well wish
After watching film from the last time they came to Maryland
They could explain all the different players and can we get
An age check 💪

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ROSTER CHECK . 4 NEW PLAYERS FROM LAST WEEK . SAME RESULT. YJ

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MND OVER HEROS BY 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs. [/quote]

Elevate will be there too! [/quote]

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going? [/quote]

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that! [/quote]

Elevate didn't even make the playoffs at National Draw - what are you saying? TG Black won that division!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An age check 💪

That's a good one... You Md folk got a real conspiracy on yer hands...
Run the tape...we all saw the mom with the camcorder ..couldn't miss her or her shouting. Same kids, same #'s.. As stated several times, this is the third weekend of games that this YJ team has played together, and they're just getting better..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're not quite right there Kreskin...YJ actually handled their business today playing their way into the final..which unfortunately had a few extended injury stoppages and they dropped the final 3-2 vs M&D.. Who if asked will tell you they had all the game they could handle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.

Elevate will be there too! [/quote]

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going? [/quote]

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that! [/quote]

Elevate didn't even make the playoffs at National Draw - what are you saying? TG Black won that division! [/quote]

Yeah.... my daughters friend plays on this 2022 team for Elevate. Seem very frustrated. Spent two weekends away, a lot of time in the car, hotels, etc. and after being half way through tournament season this summer they have had 2 competitive games. He asked why Elevate doesn't play more competitive teams like TG Black, M&D, YJ Blue, Skywalkers, etc. Said they breezed through their games this weekend and still didn't make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the MC Elite Team that was at National Draw? They are very good. Beat Top Guns Black and a very good Legacy team pretty bad. Oh yeah to the Elevate parent you didn't even make it out of your pool so not such an easy path to the finals.

Legacy making noise in both tournaments this year so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the MC Elite Team that was at National Draw? They are very good. Beat Top Guns Black and a very good Legacy team pretty bad. Oh yeah to the Elevate parent you didn't even make it out of your pool so not such an easy path to the finals.

Legacy making noise in both tournaments this year so far.

MC Elite is a mediocre MD team from down near DC. It's easy to look impressive at a tournament when all the top teams are somewhere else. Not sure what happened to national draw as it used to be great. The top MD teams other than Skywalkers have chosen to come to jersey for Lax for the Cure instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of us liked how the finals ended regardless of the outcome. It was a tough game. The couple of YJ dad's Ive met have been great. We all want to see tough close games without injuries. It's going to be a long rivalry for the next few years. It doesn't need to be antagonistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those 20 minute playoffs and finals just arent a great way to settle things. I wont say they arent "fair" because both teams share the same risk of a slow start. It would be nice to play a real game with a halftime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black and Elevate where in same bracket but did not play each other. Both went 4-0 .
Same records, beat all same teams. 3rd tiebreaker was goals against which went 6-9 in favor of TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black and Elevate where in same bracket but did not play each other. Both went 4-0 .
Same records, beat all same teams. 3rd tiebreaker was goals against which went 6-9 in favor of TG.

Yes. Elevate and TG played in an easy division in an even easier tournament. I saw Elevate play and it is a PAL team with a PAL coach. This weekend they play M&D and Heros so we will know if they are any better than a PAL team in a few days. After watching them I would say no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Elevate and TG played in an easy division in an even easier tournament. I saw Elevate play and it is a PAL team with a PAL coach. This weekend they play M&D and Heros so we will know if they are any better than a PAL team in a few days. After watching them I would say no.

Same thing happened in 2021 but Elevate won third tie-breaker 7-6. Shame they didn't play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An age check 💪

That's a good one... You Md folk got a real conspiracy on yer hands...
Run the tape...we all saw the mom with the camcorder ..couldn't miss her or her shouting. Same kids, same #'s.. As stated several times, this is the third weekend of games that this YJ team has played together, and they're just getting better..

I think we're thinking of that same mom. Big shouter with the physique to match. She is the only parent I've encountered who cheers when opposing players get hurt. She is incredibly obnoxious. Her daughter played against YJ in the first full length game on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2017 playing her last year of club lacrosse . I can't tell you how quickly each summer season has gone by. She's a talented player who's committed to a top 40 program. We had some struggles along the way, but looking back I wish I had worried less about the nonsense and enjoyed the experience more. Please take a moment to think of this. She has a few tournaments this summer, and I am looking forward to each and every moment. Enjoy all of your daughters moments starting now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no conspiracy. truth. happens all the time in YJ land, happened last year in the upper age brackets. do a roster check. show id's like they do in soccer. that will end all the conspiracy talk. there were 4 or 5 players that were not at the spring club championships at mc donogh then all of a sudden the following week they are on yj 2022. the 2021's that played our 2022 only won by 1. so if your going to stack your team find some other players. dont give me the crap that spring club championship was there first tournament in 10 months and they kids need to gel. maybe the 2021's will have to gel with the 2022's. id hate to be that parent of those kids paying all that money on the 2022 team not to get in because all of sudden we have new players that arrive and need to win a tournament. by the way you didnt win the tournament! a MD team with a legit roster. WON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no conspiracy. truth. happens all the time in YJ land, happened last year in the upper age brackets. do a roster check. show id's like they do in soccer. that will end all the conspiracy talk. there were 4 or 5 players that were not at the spring club championships at mc donogh then all of a sudden the following week they are on yj 2022. the 2021's that played our 2022 only won by 1. so if your going to stack your team find some other players. dont give me the crap that spring club championship was there first tournament in 10 months and they kids need to gel. maybe the 2021's will have to gel with the 2022's. id hate to be that parent of those kids paying all that money on the 2022 team not to get in because all of sudden we have new players that arrive and need to win a tournament. by the way you didnt win the tournament! a MD team with a legit roster. WON!

I'm sorry you feel this way, but you are so far from the truth. The team you played Sunday is the same team you played 3 weeks ago.. Not one single player has been added. ( or left)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if u am wrong but isn't the entire Idea of tourny play to put teams in appropriate div, to get quality games vs some what level completion.
Who wants to go a watch blow outs on either side of the ball
If they were in a easier div so be it - they win It and will move up
So many of you come on here and bag on teams who you don't feel meet your standards
Grow up
Different teams are at different levels - it doesn't make what they accomplished on the field any less rewarding
As pointed out above take a step back and enjoy watching a game
It goes by fast and the fact is some of them will not play in high school and even less will play in college
We are not all raising future all Americans despite what some feel because
Team won a few tournaments and maybe your kid had a hat trick

As far a roster switching it happens and will continue to happen until a card system is put in place - period
Wether a certain team did it - idk with any level of certainty only the coach can answer that question -

YJ (A team)is top team in our age group ( for now)
With many teams closing the gap (in no order)
TG
Elevate
Legacy who plays YJ this weekend
Sorry for the early morning rant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend!

Elevate 2022 team is going to beat M&D this weekend? For real?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you know they are bringing in some 2021's....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard