BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 97 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yorktown goalie could be the best in the area. Makes tough saves, very strong on low shots. I assume he also plays hockey. Lakeland v Yorktown should be a good game but I think Lakeland is over rated. Who have they played?

both Lakeland(Panas) and Yorktown are overrated. Love the two school combined motto, not! All three schools should be B schools playing each other. Imagine if two LI High schools combined as one team. Smithtown East + West or Sachem East + North. (oh wait there is Middle country Newfield and Centerreach no excuse at close to 1200 kids in each school)

I've never heard the two school combined motto.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown goalie could be the best in the area. Makes tough saves, very strong on low shots. I assume he also plays hockey. Lakeland v Yorktown should be a good game but I think Lakeland is over rated. Who have they played?

both Lakeland(Panas) and Yorktown are overrated. Love the two school combined motto, not! All three schools should be B schools playing each other. Imagine if two LI High schools combined as one team. Smithtown East + West or Sachem East + North. (oh wait there is Middle country Newfield and Centerreach no excuse at close to 1200 kids in each school)

whats the mascot Hornets or Panthers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

I have never heard a rational explanation as to why they have a combined team. Its always been a thriving, winning program, and the youth program appears to be excellent and well attended. In hockey you have issues concerning access to ice time and costs that may cause a district to have a combined team even though interest may be there to have a team at each school (Clarkstown hockey is an example of this). But it doesn't make sense in lacrosse. All other combined teams in all sports seem to only exist when participation and competitiveness is poor. Why not have a Lakeland team and a Panas team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown may not be as good as some of their teams in the past but it unclear who in NY B is materially better this year. They are capable of making a long run into NYS playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

I have never heard a rational explanation as to why they have a combined team. Its always been a thriving, winning program, and the youth program appears to be excellent and well attended. In hockey you have issues concerning access to ice time and costs that may cause a district to have a combined team even though interest may be there to have a team at each school (Clarkstown hockey is an example of this). But it doesn't make sense in lacrosse. All other combined teams in all sports seem to only exist when participation and competitiveness is poor. Why not have a Lakeland team and a Panas team.

wonder if there is a mandate to take kids from a certain amount of kids from one school over another. if talent states it should be 80/20 is it really 60/40. How many on each team v/jv?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown may not be as good as some of their teams in the past but it unclear who in NY B is materially better this year. They are capable of making a long run into NYS playoffs.
I have to agree. And playing a tough out of sectional schedule will only help them in the play-offs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree. And playing a tough out of sectional schedule will only help them in the play-offs.

The main reason it is bull[lacrosse] that LI sections have to play each other to move on in the state playoff picture. A stronger team many times is at home while they should be given the opportunity to play deep into the states.

I guess if you aint first your last!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no combined team. There is Yorktown HS and Lakeland HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course there is a combined team. Lakeland Panas. It's a combination of Lakeland HS and Walter Panas HS. I have never heard a rational explanation as to why each HS can't have their own team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course there is a combined team. Lakeland Panas. It's a combination of Lakeland HS and Walter Panas HS. I have never heard a rational explanation as to why each HS can't have their own team.

Who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

It is done at the option of each school. They elected to have a merged team years ago and have stuck with it. Having another good to very good team to compete against each year is not a bad thing for the other teams in Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice evening of Westchester lacrosse. Yorktown, Pleasantville and Lakeland with good wins. Good luck this Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

It is done at the option of each school. They elected to have a merged team years ago and have stuck with it. Having another good to very good team to compete against each year is not a bad thing for the other teams in Westchester.

Not a bad thing for the other teams in Westchester, I would agree. Just a bad thing for the 40+ (including jv) boys who don't get to play HS lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to Yorktown and Pleasantville in today's NYS semi finals. Its been a great season for both teams, keep it going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great season for both Lakeland Panas and Pleasantville. At least our section didn't get swept by LI, great job Yorktown. Young team coming of age. Could be a 2-3 year dynasty in the making.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great season for both Lakeland Panas and Pleasantville. At least our section didn't get swept by LI, great job Yorktown. Young team coming of age. Could be a 2-3 year dynasty in the making.

Some would argue Yorktown is working on a 2-3 DECADE dynasty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some would argue Yorktown is working on a 2-3 DECADE dynasty.

Yorktown has won two state titles in the last 20+ years. Not a dynasty.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to PT2020? 60 goals against and not competitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can go further 2 wins by 2018, 2019 & 2020 combined. How the mighty have fallen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Express North 2019AA went 1-4. Not a great start to the summer for Westchester "elite" lacrosse teams. Heard Predators 2020 won a lower level fl$ tournament this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can go further 2 wins by 2018, 2019 & 2020 combined. How the mighty have fallen.
I'm sorry, did any other Westchester teams do any better at Adrenaline ? Or maybe it's just the state of the actual talent coming out of Westchester these days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't belong in the Adrenaline Cup, but despite embarrasing results the kids got to see what the top teams in the country look and play like. Although I'm guessing in your mind if your son was on the team it would have made all the difference in the world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't belong in the Adrenaline Cup, but despite embarrasing results the kids got to see what the top teams in the country look and play like. Although I'm guessing in your mind if your son was on the team it would have made all the difference in the world

First tourney of the summer - relax. Surely many teams missing key kids as state playoffs still going on in the area. Primetime and Express North 2018s are both very good and have for a while. Both 2019 squads were competitive (PT way more so than last year) - North made the last two finals last summer. Let's just let the rest of the season play out.

One thing is for sure watching 18s and 19s - the best teams are still the best, but the group of top teams is more tightly bunched than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First tourney of the summer - relax. Surely many teams missing key kids as state playoffs still going on in the area. Primetime and Express North 2018s are both very good and have for a while. Both 2019 squads were competitive (PT way more so than last year) - North made the last two finals last summer. Let's just let the rest of the season play out.

One thing is for sure watching 18s and 19s - the best teams are still the best, but the group of top teams is more tightly bunched than ever.

Does LI Express North have any players from Yorktown? I am assuming they do and they were in the NYS finals on Saturday. These kids probably haven't practiced together since last Fall. Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does LI Express North have any players from Yorktown? I am assuming they do and they were in the NYS finals on Saturday. These kids probably haven't practiced together since last Fall. Relax.

Yes more than a few Yorktown kids, but you knew that!

as far as PT, someone's comment was they were better than LY. Did they get any better from the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as far as PT, someone's comment was they were better than LY. Did they get any better from the fall?

Obviously. My point was made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously. My point was made.

Did PT 2019 get any better than then in the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north went 3 an1 beat HHH , LC national and 3D .lost to crabs. PT lost to 3 d ,HHH ,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express North went 2-2 this past weekend, how did PT 2020 do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Went 4-2. They Beat Edge, BBL, Mesa & LB3 National....lost to Crabs & Crush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing is for sure watching 18s and 19s - the best teams are still the best, but the group of top teams is more tightly bunched than ever. [/quote]

Does LI Express North have any players from Yorktown? I am assuming they do and they were in the NYS finals on Saturday. These kids probably haven't practiced together since last Fall. Relax. [/quote]

as far as PT, someone's comment was they were better than LY. Did they get any better from the fall? [/quote]

Obviously. My point was made. [/quote]

Did PT 2019 get any better than then in the fall? [/quote]

Primetime 2019 looked very mediocre last weekend in PA. They beat one team that I saw. PT lost to 3D tristate and Express North destroyed 3D Tristate. That about sums up the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North 2019 went 3-1, tourney machine has been updated correctly. Won in sudden death overtime over HHH.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The 2-2 comment was for 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice that the Express North teams at LI Laxfest all played in B brackets? All the talk during tryouts about Schreiber pulling together these great teams and they play in B, not the type of competition I would want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North 2019 went 3-1, tourney machine has been updated correctly. Won in sudden death overtime over HHH.

Yes they did, but we were talking about Express North 2020 and PT 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime is in decline. Last really good team was 2018 but they haven't kept up either. It was inevitable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime is in decline. Last really good team was 2018 but they haven't kept up either. It was inevitable.
A reflection of a general decline in Westchester lacrosse, a dilution of talent among more Summer teams and a belief that athletic middies can still go one on two and get the job done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a lot of promise in the younger years. 2024 team got throttled two weekends in a row on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the growth of other teams is definitely hurting Prime time at the younger ages- express north 24 plays PT 2024 Saturday morning

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 97 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard