BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 47 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's good. I'm against early recruiting. The kids who are getting the commitments now are the physically matured ones. Many kids will catch and or surpass many of these so called studs. Seen it many times in my coaching and playing career. And it sucks my son is one of those late bloomers. Only 5'4" 125lbs at 15. But will get passed over until he grows which might be too late. Dr. Said he should be 5'9" 5'10" but might not get there till he is 17.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not for the watered down version of early recruiting. Many "Selected/Chosen" players are not as good as some on not on the "watch" lists. While there are some rare exception, Penn State in my opinion got the real deal. Some others not even publicized but with "agreements" are head scratchers.

I do see it helping some other schools in the NE. Many want that warmer temp but an opportunity at a good school with the opportunity to put a school on the map with some great young coaching. Manhattan, Fairfield, Hartford, Marist, Providence, Towson, Drexel, Siena and Monmouth come top of mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did anyone else get an email today from their son's future college coach about the summer committed league? I think it is going to be great for him to play with his future teammates rather than spending a bunch of money for him to play his old club. From the email, all the ACC teams and most of the Ivies are in.

Also the quality of play will be so much higher without the younger uncommitted kids out there.

That's the best thing..feed more money into their hands . How stupid can one be. Why keep playing anywhere if they committed. Oh that's right they now have become puppets to the schools 4 years before playing. Some of these are top schools and we would look like dumb parents if we did it. I for one will not fall into this trap. Don't be a fool. You are putting your kids future on the line. If he fails here you will
Quickly lose that verbal somehow. That's why they are doing it. How naive can one be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else get an email today from their son's future college coach about the summer committed league? I think it is going to be great for him to play with his future teammates rather than spending a bunch of money for him to play his old club. From the email, all the ACC teams and most of the Ivies are in.

Also the quality of play will be so much higher without the younger uncommitted kids out there.

That's the best thing..feed more money into their hands . How stupid can one be. Why keep playing anywhere if they committed. Oh that's right they now have become puppets to the schools 4 years before playing. Some of these are top schools and we would look like dumb parents if we did it. I for one will not fall into this trap. Don't be a fool. You are putting your kids future on the line. If he fails here you will
Quickly lose that verbal somehow. That's why they are doing it. How naive can one be.

Obviously you have never played a competitive sport in your life or have any idea how the recruiting process actually works. This has nothing to do with money and Im going to venture a guess that the schools are going to be voiding verbals for kids participating in this based on their performance. Relax and take your meds itll be ok........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you have never played a competitive sport in your life or have any idea how the recruiting process actually works. This has nothing to do with money and Im going to venture a guess that the schools are going to be voiding verbals for kids participating in this based on their performance. Relax and take your meds itll be ok........

Correction: ARENT going to be voiding verbals.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They want to start Coaching the kids. Keep in mind many of these kids come from programs where the HS Coaching is a bit suspect at best. The college coaches want the opportunity to mold the players in their style of play. Teach them how to play the game the right way. Easier to mold a 15-16 year old than it is a College Kid. Why does everyone immediately think there's a sinister motive? Further, if one of these schools starts dropping commits, how many new commits from top players coming up will they get? Believe me, the power is in the players hands once they commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They want to start Coaching the kids. Keep in mind many of these kids come from programs where the HS Coaching is a bit suspect at best. The college coaches want the opportunity to mold the players in their style of play. Teach them how to play the game the right way. Easier to mold a 15-16 year old than it is a College Kid. Why does everyone immediately think there's a sinister motive? Further, if one of these schools starts dropping commits, how many new commits from top players coming up will they get? Believe me, the power is in the players hands once they commit.

So it's free for these kids . Then it's a great idea.. Save the parents all this money why wouldn't you do it. College coaches no charge it's a home run , whoever came up with this idea is a genius and thanks to the college coaches willing to give back for free to help coach their future players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So it's free for these kids . Then it's a great idea.. Save the parents all this money why wouldn't you do it. College coaches no charge it's a home run , whoever came up with this idea is a genius and thanks to the college coaches willing to give back for free to help coach their future players

You think this will be free? Wow, you must have dropped in from another planet.

Where is this? Who coaches, pays for field space, refs, lacrosse balls? Travel there? Hotel? Suddenly does every kid get to the field by teleport? If it is on LI, what does a NJ kid do.

It will cost you, you can bet on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2019 news? Commits? JV news... anything...anywhere....Bueller...anyone...Bueller

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2019 news? Commits? JV news... anything...anywhere....Bueller...anyone...Bueller

its HS lax season and the NCAA lacrosse season is still going on so typically kids arent committing around this time. Summer and fall are usually busy with commits.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its HS lax season and the NCAA lacrosse season is still going on so typically kids arent committing around this time. Summer and fall are usually busy with commits.

2019 that year is so 2015 dude, we are in 2016 and are moving on to 2020.

Better reclass now mom and dad, junior is getting skipped over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 that year is so 2015 dude, we are in 2016 and are moving on to 2020.

Better reclass now mom and dad, junior is getting skipped over.

Well said! Thanks for giving me a chuckle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a ton by end of summer. My prediction is over 200 by September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
more than that...we are approaching 100 now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the top 5 teams for 2019 on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know who top teams are but I can tell you that Team Revolution is no joke and will shock all this weekend.Between them and LI Express second team you will see.You heard it here first.Both teams very good and I would be suprised if they don't meet in the finals on Sunday. Express 2nd team just below their Top team but don't get the credit they deserve nor the exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know who top teams are but I can tell you that Team Revolution is no joke and will shock all this weekend.Between them and LI Express second team you will see.You heard it here first.Both teams very good and I would be suprised if they don't meet in the finals on Sunday. Express 2nd team just below their Top team but don't get the credit they deserve nor the exposure.

No order I would put both orange and white teams, express top 2 teams, Revolution is an up and coming team, then a toss up between For the love of the game and all grays

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u kidding me ? I watched their A team this weekend . I saw too many bad passes over heads , poor dodging , and not so good shooting. FOgO was pretty good. Calm down , you played A- teams and didn't look any better then them. Your about 2 years too late for the " top team on LI " cause nobody cares about that anymore .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No order I would put both orange and white teams, express top 2 teams, Revolution is an up and coming team, then a toss up between For the love of the game and all grays

So how was the game between Revolution and fl$ this weekend?

BTW, no need for who is top 5 anymore guys, we arent in 6th grade anymore. Many of the boys are friends and boys from all those teams maybe picked up in due time. Heck two teams not mentioned will have boys recruited soon. Enjoy the ride for what is left. Have fun Friday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revo and who? fl$? NJLC or 91 Tristate? All games went well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Revolution up and coming team?? What do wait till they are in college and call them
A good club team. 91 Orange is tops. The white is ok but not a top team at all and only one express team .. Let's not go overboard on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u kidding me ? I watched their A team this weekend . I saw too many bad passes over heads , poor dodging , and not so good shooting. FOgO was pretty good. Calm down , you played A- teams and didn't look any better then them. Your about 2 years too late for the " top team on LI " cause nobody cares about that anymore .

Your wrong Revolution is very good ,probably just under 91 Orange. Relax not saying they are there but pretty close to it.You will see what happens this weekend and say I guess you were right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, a lot of great players on some of the other programs that will get recruited before some of the top program players. Its all about the boys developing and gaining confidence.

Revolution won the game 6-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Revolution playing this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revo and who? fl$? NJLC or 91 Tristate? All games went well.

4 Love?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your wrong Revolution is very good ,probably just under 91 Orange. Relax not saying they are there but pretty close to it.You will see what happens this weekend and say I guess you were right

I hate that I bite on tis every time.

Why wake a sleeping dog.

Revolution will not beat 2019 0range 2020 Crush. Will not beat Express top team maybe but I don't think they can beat the 2nd team.

The second tier teams are not so second tier anymore I will agree.

Put together a summer series together on a week day when everyone is home at catiague

Orange xci
White xci
Express i
Express ii
All Greys
Outlaws
Revolution
4 love.
Crush
Express 2020
Legacy 2020

If a team cant make it call Empire, Blue fish or The Ducks as fillers or even Express North and Prime time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with this.stop saying team will beat that team
Like the man said let the dog sleep. Plenty of haters for all teams.
How bout them tar heels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just under Orange ??? Are u kidding ? Orange wins that game by a dozen plus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revolution played well as a team and took advantage of every weakness and mistake Express made...Too many penalties and inability to clear in second half of the game doomed Express...Unselfishness and great teamwork paid off in a nice win for Revolution...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You played B teams that nobody cares about. Calm down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - But they were unselfish and had great teamwork

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you lost to teams nobody cares about so be a grown up and let's us enjoy our success while it lasts. That being said best wishes and good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you lost to teams nobody cares about so be a grown up and let's us enjoy our success while it lasts. That being said best wishes and good luck!

Maybe a lot of these teams have kids who don't want to fall into a trap of trying to buy there way onto a so clalled a AAAA team. I guess that express AAAA team had a tough weekend again. At least they are playing some real good teams but struggling against most and can't get the full roster of kids into games due to score. That's where I want my son to be. In sure some kids sucked up enough H get on the top team, but in games you can see they don't really belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad's money buys a lot!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me , no one is buying their way on a 2019 team anymore. Maybe 2/3 years ago. Not when the sidelines of the AA teams are lined with college coaches. How many did u see at Laxfest ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me , no one is buying their way on a 2019 team anymore. Maybe 2/3 years ago. Not when the sidelines of the AA teams are lined with college coaches. How many did u see at Laxfest ?

Then you didn't see the roster yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking two different things, but if you think people aren't buying there way onto things. Then your naive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking two different things, but if you think people aren't buying there way onto things. Then your naive

You bet they are buying their way on . Without a doubt there are kids on express that don't belong on that team and its the reason they are having so much trouble. It use to be the elite team on LI. Now it's good but no where near what they once were.sorry. It goes on everywhere so don't think your alone. Even at the lower A schools and that is where it is being taken advantage of more so. The better A teams will find the weakness and beat them every time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You bet they are buying their way on . Without a doubt there are kids on express that don't belong on that team and its the reason they are having so much trouble. It use to be the elite team on LI. Now it's good but no where near what they once were.sorry. It goes on everywhere so don't think your alone. Even at the lower A schools and that is where it is being taken advantage of more so. The better A teams will find the weakness and beat them every time

Under Armour tryout had 3 can't miss middies. 2 from SA and 1 from Massapequa then the rest, What happened there? Roster has at least 2 kids that didnt even show up. How?

I am sure we all think our son should have made the team but those that know are sick of it and throw their hands up. You may be able to buy much, but respect dad can't be bought, why do you put a target on your son. I hope the coaches protect him from that pole from Ohio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually 2 kids from Massapequa got screwed. The Attack and the middie.

Page 44 of 47 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard