BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 76 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
im guessing the daddy coaches do t have much say. MC created a toxic situation by not being satisfied with the awesome talent he has. If he didn't add new "talent" each week, there would be no problems. If he was smart, he would put the time in and develop a strong B team like 92 did with United. But that's a lot work.

that is a very good suggestion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im guessing the daddy coaches do t have much say. MC created a toxic situation by not being satisfied with the awesome talent he has. If he didn't add new "talent" each week, there would be no problems. If he was smart, he would put the time in and develop a strong B team like 92 did with United. But that's a lot work.

Yes, and Smash and United are just dominating all around! STOP with your drivel.

Move along, we know you hate MC. Next please...

By 9th grade you will realize "dominating" 6th grade lacrosse is unimportant. Your team will look very different . You will be lucky if 5 kids are on team still once the HS politics kick in. Then recruiting starts and no one , I mean no one (except lunatic parents) care who wins or loses. It's about exposure and competitive games.

Say what you want about other clubs but if you make the team , they will have same kids on team until next year tryout. Express is week to week with players and coaches. That is not a great experience for most, no matter what you say. More kids quit those teams mid season than anyone else out there.

Yes, they will quit, rather than fight through the adversity, work hard and EARN the minutes. Guest players, new recruits, or whatever. It doesn't matter. Kids need to work harder, not quit, if they want to get better. Good riddance to the quitters. Move along MC haters.

Fight through adversity? They are 12 and worked hard and made a team. Now more and more kids keep coming. That is not adversity, its poor business practices and will create a negative impact on the team. I would encourage any kid to find a better environment where the coach cares about them and honors the commitment made in fall when they made the team. They are many options out there. Wouldn't settle for "adversity"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and Smash and United are just dominating all around! STOP with your drivel.

By 9th grade you will realize "dominating" 6th grade lacrosse is unimportant. Your team will look very different . You will be lucky if 5 kids are on team still once the HS politics kick in. Then recruiting starts and no one , I mean no one (except lunatic parents) care who wins or loses. It's about exposure and competitive games.

Say what you want about other clubs but if you make the team , they will have same kids on team until next year tryout. Express is week to week with players and coaches. That is not a great experience for most, no matter what you say. More kids quit those teams mid season than anyone else out there.

Yes, they will quit, rather than fight through the adversity, work hard and EARN the minutes. Guest players, new recruits, or whatever. It doesn't matter. Kids need to work harder, not quit, if they want to get better. Good riddance to the quitters. Move along MC haters.

Fight through adversity? They are 12 and worked hard and made a team. Now more and more kids keep coming. That is not adversity, its poor business practices and will create a negative impact on the team. I would encourage any kid to find a better environment where the coach cares about them and honors the commitment made in fall when they made the team. They are many options out there. Wouldn't settle for "adversity"!

the coaches on Express care about the kids. that's ridiculous to say. practically every parent that asked if their kid could stay on the A team when they didn't make it or if their kid can join after the fact was not refused. maybe the parents should gang up on the other parents instead of going after the coaches. especially the ones who only cheer for three or four kids and remain silent when other kids succeed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we can't coddle our kids forever. there is always going to be someone better than you. it's called good old fashioned competition. the sooner your child realizes that the better off they will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe in quitting, and always say that to my kids. I
have a problem with the sense of entitlement today, but with that being said this is a completely different story. If you want to bring someone into the tryouts every year to compete with my son, I have no problem with that and agree they have to learn to compete. In this case my son made the team, and we paid the fee to be part of a team of 23 players. Now each week a different kid comes in and takes playing time from the rest of the kids. I don't think that is doing the right thing by your players and in the long run is bad business.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe in quitting, and always say that to my kids. I
have a problem with the sense of entitlement today, but with that being said this is a completely different story. If you want to bring someone into the tryouts every year to compete with my son, I have no problem with that and agree they have to learn to compete. In this case my son made the team, and we paid the fee to be part of a team of 23 players. Now each week a different kid comes in and takes playing time from the rest of the kids. I don't think that is doing the right thing by your players and in the long run is bad business.

it remains to be seen. so far Express is very successful. there are many teams to choose from. that's the beauty of sports these days. what's not cool is coming on here and bashing people anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't EVERYONE ripping the Dukes for doing exactly what Express is doing? Its NOT ok to take a gun for hire in order to win plain and simple! Build a team and live with the good and the bad. More Importantly let the kids know it is ok to lose a few games!

WELL SAID!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't EVERYONE ripping the Dukes for doing exactly what Express is doing? Its NOT ok to take a gun for hire in order to win plain and simple! Build a team and live with the good and the bad. More Importantly let the kids know it is ok to lose a few games!

WELL SAID!!!!

Totally different animal. Dukes is an "all star" team. Its a hodge podge of many teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original rosterm for the B team was very strong. What do you suggest he do when dads won't play B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it. To set the record straight - these daddy coaches do more for that team than anybody. And both their kids are a big reason the team has had so much success of late. To suggest anything else is out of line.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for saying what so many parents and coaches are feeling. Express is a VERY talented program with great kids, top coaching and a strong schedule. However, I cannot respect a program that changes rosters from one tourney to the next. What does that teach the kids? Win at any cost, even if you have to bend the rules? Or the kid who shows up to practice, puts the time in and gets bumped for a bruiser (note the different helmets on the Express sideline). My boy plays 2022 and I want him to grow and absorb lessons that extend beyond lacrosse; lessons that are metaphors for life. Juicing a sixth grade line-up against teams that maintain ONE roster all season may rack up the W's but it is not doing the sport, or these kids, any favors in life. I would rather lose with integrity than win with an asterisk, but I seem to be in the minority around here.

I'm just curious why you have to do this anonymously. Maybe this should be said out loud once in a while with conviction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since the original post is no longer visible, let's take a step back and say to ourselves do we really want to be talking about coaches and kids for good or bad reasons on an anonymous site. what are we teaching our kids. you can't take back social media posts people. think before you act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.

it's nice to see someone with integrity. agreed as well. most of the team reads these posts. silence speaks volumes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID!!!!

Totally different animal. Dukes is an "all star" team. Its a hodge podge of many teams.

It may be a hodge podge but same result. Express will keep adding kids until they get the results they want!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're winning everything. What other result do they want?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID!!!!

It may be a hodge podge but same result. Express will keep adding kids until they get the results they want!

Why would they stop when every dad is working a deal for their kid. It works out for some and the results are different for others and those are the complainers and they live on this site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID!!!!

The kids selected at tryouts are the same kids on the field winning. Noboby added has really improved the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're winning everything. What other result do they want?

They are not building character by losing - like deez nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why do it ?? If the kids from tryouts are winning , what is point of adding new kids all year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is $$$$$$$$$$.
It is all about the cash baby!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Outlaws having a great day at NSCLA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Surprise! Great group of boys who battle. Congrats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like it is the MD RoughRiders to lose. LI Outlaws lost to Team Carolina 6-2 who MD RR beat 9-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo and United had some nice off the field antics! The kids are playing some amazing lacrosse in this age group and some of the parents are displaying some pathetic behavior on the sidelines. It would be nice to see the adults make an effort to improve their game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo and United had some nice off the field antics! The kids are playing some amazing lacrosse in this age group and some of the parents are displaying some pathetic behavior on the sidelines. It would be nice to see the adults make an effort to improve their game.

At the Elite Eight in MD a couple of weeks ago, two Igloo dads were kicked off the sidelines because they couldn't stop running their mouths at the refs. Just awful behavior.
And while they represent LI, it is an embarrassment to the majority of the parents who respect the game, the refs, the opponents & coaches.
I'm not sure what can be done, but this behavior has no place in youth sports. Program directors should be more proactive in managing parents antics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the Elite Eight in MD a couple of weeks ago, two Igloo dads were kicked off the sidelines because they couldn't stop running their mouths at the refs. Just awful behavior.
And while they represent LI, it is an embarrassment to the majority of the parents who respect the game, the refs, the opponents & coaches.
I'm not sure what can be done, but this behavior has no place in youth sports. Program directors should be more proactive in managing parents antics.

To the original poster, you are completely wrong. The operative word being "heard". Don't know where you get your info. To the second poster – stop acting like your team has never had a parent that was loud when they didn't agree with the refs calls. Stop acting like your team is so perfect and pure and your parents are all little angels. I'm sure they're not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at that game in Maryland. For better or for worse, there was nothing said at that game beyond what is normally said at lacrosse games. The referee ran into the kid with the ball and the play was whistled dead. He was embarrassed and chased parents to save face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the original poster, you are completely wrong. The operative word being "heard". Don't know where you get your info. To the second poster – stop acting like your team has never had a parent that was loud when they didn't agree with the refs calls. Stop acting like your team is so perfect and pure and your parents are all little angels. I'm sure they're not

Nothing is worse than the LI Express dad that screams "HIT 'EM" a hundred times a game. So obvious he never played lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough riders over outlaws
6-5. Last second goal. Great game. Two real good teams playing real good lax. Congrats to RR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express over Crabs 9-5 in Big4H Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually no parent should "voice their knowledge" to the refs during a game . That's the problem, loud mouths on every team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Great championship game at NSCLA between Outlaws and Roughriders ( yep Outlaws in Championship)
RR pulled it off in the final minute
Great game and great weekend of fun for the boys at Hershey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing is worse than the LI Express dad that screams "HIT 'EM" a hundred times a game. So obvious he never played lacrosse.

Best team, best players and best parents...lonely on the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express over Crabs 9-5 in Big4H Championship.

Great comeback by express from down 4-0.

Most amazing part of the game was the express dad screaming at the top of his lungs for 50 minutes for the express defenders to hit the crabs hard. Well done. Amazing you didn't lose your voice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kjsdrums1
Great championship game at NSCLA between Outlaws and Roughriders ( yep Outlaws in Championship)
RR pulled it off in the final minute
Great game and great weekend of fun for the boys at Hershey

Fun 'B' level tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with Smash and United not playing a championship game today at laxfest? Any reason given?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like that powerhouse tournament express won.
Lol.

Page 58 of 76 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard