BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The answer is Section 8 or Section 11 websites. School ball in Nassau is regulated by Section 8. But I don't think that's what OP wants to hear. They definatley will not tell him what he wants to hear. The school itself would be the organization that would submit a complaint. The school would probably also be disciplined for the fight. But its not the kid's fault.

First the fight is definitely the kids fault, the parents fault (not not teaching kids how to conduct themselves properly and then the coaches fault for not controlling his team. Not the ref's fault.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer is Section 8 or Section 11 websites. School ball in Nassau is regulated by Section 8. But I don't think that's what OP wants to hear. They definatley will not tell him what he wants to hear. The school itself would be the organization that would submit a complaint. The school would probably also be disciplined for the fight. But its not the kid's fault.

First the fight is definitely the kids fault, the parents fault (not not teaching kids how to conduct themselves properly and then the coaches fault for not controlling his team. Not the ref's fault.

were you there???

were you there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone needed to be in attendence to attempt to justify that a physical fight between players is the fault of the officials. It's called discipline and self control. It is coached from PAL to college. I may never have the most talented team on the field but I will strive to have the most disciplined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a money grab; My son went to the Igloo Penguin clinic (k-3)yesterday. First off, i thought kids would be separated by age, they weren't and that is a broad range of age/skill maturity. 25+ kids ONE COACH, plus a 4th grader helping out. That's not right.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Outlaws Start clinic Next mon K-3rd
Over 70 Kids signed up
Will be split up
have High school coaches and College players instructing
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA is all abt money for himself..He could care less abt ur son

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Talk about a money grab; My son went to the Igloo Penguin clinic (k-3)yesterday. First off, i thought kids would be separated by age, they weren't and that is a broad range of age/skill maturity. 25+ kids ONE COACH, plus a 4th grader helping out. That's not right.

You should go to the ones listed on BOTC. Tried and true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money, especially at that age. If you have even decent athletic ability, you can do a better job of training your kid. The key is taking the time. For the price of an hour with a trainer you can buy two good skill buiding DVD's. There a endless free videos on You Tube, etc. Put the money into a bucket of balls, some cones and a portable cage.
I learned the hard way that most of these clinics and trainers aren't providing anything I couldn't do myself, and I never played the game. I wouldn't include specialized training for goalies or FOGO's in this, but that can wait until
he is 12 or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I appreciate the advice and agree with you 100%. That being said, I'm also his coach and i'd like him to hear another voice telling him what i do and to reinforce. There is also a competitive aspect involv ed when competeing/playing with other kids. Appreciate your non-sarcastic input though. Aslo, thank you Larry for recommendation.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I appreciate the advice and agree with you 100%. That being said, I'm also his coach and i'd like him to hear another voice telling him what i do and to reinforce. There is also a competitive aspect involv ed when competeing/playing with other kids. Appreciate your non-sarcastic input though. Aslo, thank you Larry for recommendation.

I trained my son when he was small.. we couldn't do it as he grew older, I knew nothing. He did whatever the trainer said to do and he worked hard with him.. Just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been there done that. I have done a lot the past 10 years with 3 boys and 2 girls.

Most of the stuff I have brought my kids to were never publicized though, it was always word of mouth. Sometimes at those you know the coaches are coaching or watching and the players want to get better or be the best they can.

I will also say don't just stick to one organization for clinics and camps especially at the early ages. There is so much movement and regional things you will hear when exposing your son or daughter to the clinics of the differing teams. And they learn more.

all that said, you need to try and go expose your son or daughter to all different clinics. If you go to a clinic before a camp you will see how they treat your son/daughter there then you know how a team or camp will work out. there are some others out there that were miserable and frankly I don't remember (unless the names are brought up), there were some that at the time I didn't think it was worth it, as a paying parent, until I saw the benefits afterwards... sometime the results take time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Double A is the Enforcer and a Horseman. And Horseman are for life! Woooo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does your cryptic statement mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha....Horseman vs. Legion of Doom....classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the same AA who saw thw weather report today and moved his teams practice indoor and ate the cost. How many others do that. Truth is they are the most organized and well run to the benefit of the kids and families who are there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha....Horseman vs. Legion of Doom....classic.

Whether you like it or not, learn to love it cause it's the best thing going, Wooo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back in your hole

Not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All right, I'm the guy that posted how bad the igloo k-3 clinic was. Well, My K son went to Outlaws k-3 clinc last night and it was great. kids split by grade, at least 2 coaches per group-it was very good. I've read all the negatives about outlaws on here, but at least at that age it was a good clinic. For the record, my older son is affiliated with a different program. just posting some honest feedback, no bash or propaganda intended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because he has all your money already and he is giving you a little back so you dont feel violated near your wallet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All right, I'm the guy that posted how bad the igloo k-3 clinic was. Well, My K son went to Outlaws k-3 clinc last night and it was great. kids split by grade, at least 2 coaches per group-it was very good. I've read all the negatives about outlaws on here, but at least at that age it was a good clinic. For the record, my older son is affiliated with a different program. just posting some honest feedback, no bash or propaganda intended.

Brought my little guy too. Thought it was great. He had a blast and had a lot of reps overall. And no I'm not affiliated with the organization at all

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Don't "read" too much into any of the negatives that you see.. As far as I am concerned, this organization is top notch and honorable..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Don't "read" too much into any of the negatives that you see.. As far as I am concerned, this organization is top notch and honorable..

What happened to the free clinic? It is a fair question.

A fair question to ask Blatant. The clinic is not a LI Outlaw event. I do know that Blatant is working on getting the trainers back in.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
New date coming very soon. Locking in locations and staff!!

Any questions give us a call.

@blatantlacrosse
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw some of the worst officiating this weekend in Maryland. Completely biased, inconsistent, and sometimes outright wrong interpretations of the rules. For such a hot bed of lacrosse, you would think they could come up with better officials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw some of the worst officiating this weekend in Maryland. Completely biased, inconsistent, and sometimes outright wrong interpretations of the rules. For such a hot bed of lacrosse, you would think they could come up with better officials.

Yea. Long Island officials are great. They aren't biased. Stand on midline and don't move for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

When I get the chance I'll log in, PM you. We'll connect and I'll tell you my story. Perhaps then, you will believe otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea. Long Island officials are great. They aren't biased. Stand on midline and don't move for anyone.

The officiating at the youth lacrosse level is just atrocious no matter where its played. Not much better at the high school level either. Seems to get marginally better at the NCAA level but still pretty bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are parents going to wake up and see what these bigger elite clubs really are? These clubs are there not to develop our kids.They are there to make as much money as possible and in most cases inflate the directors and coaches Egos.They make a ton of money at tryouts and select a team.You as a parent make a decision to join this particular team based on where your kid falls in the pecking order of the other boys on the team .But if a big tournament comes up and another really good kid is available to play ,it's become the norm for a coach to grab that kid while your kid sits!...how is that ok? You paid money to be there ! When are these teams going to be held accountable for this ? Is it your job to make kids better or to search high and low during a season for a kid that's better than a kid you selected. Really sad we as parents are still flocking to these tryouts for this crazy pipe dream they are selling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are parents going to wake up and see what these bigger elite clubs really are? These clubs are there not to develop our kids.They are there to make as much money as possible and in most cases inflate the directors and coaches Egos.They make a ton of money at tryouts and select a team.You as a parent make a decision to join this particular team based on where your kid falls in the pecking order of the other boys on the team .But if a big tournament comes up and another really good kid is available to play ,it's become the norm for a coach to grab that kid while your kid sits!...how is that ok? You paid money to be there ! When are these teams going to be held accountable for this ? Is it your job to make kids better or to search high and low during a season for a kid that's better than a kid you selected. Really sad we as parents are still flocking to these tryouts for this crazy pipe dream they are selling

this does not happen on the girls side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The officiating at the youth lacrosse level is just atrocious no matter where its played. Not much better at the high school level either. Seems to get marginally better at the NCAA level but still pretty bad
. There's been an obvious explosive level of growth in lacrosse, from summer travel tournaments, etc. to just generally speaking, and unfortunately the quantity and quality of officiating hasn't kept up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2018 travel team was beating the 2019/2020 town team by 12, 2018 sent the goalie to score late in the game. goalie gets leveled by a middie injured out for weeks with a shoulder injury. middie gets a 2 min penelty. the questions are who is to blame? who is in the wrong? discuss. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2018 travel team was beating the 2019/2020 town team by 12, 2018 sent the goalie to score late in the game. goalie gets leveled by a middie injured out for weeks with a shoulder injury. middie gets a 2 min penelty. the questions are who is to blame? who is in the wrong? discuss. thanks

Up by 12 vs kids 2 years younger late in the game....call off the dogs. No justifiable reason that the goalie should be running length of the field. Result sucks for the kid that he is out for weeks, but sounds like the team will be weaker moving forward cause they had to pile on.

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch -- I'm not saying anyone targetted the goalie, or he deserved it individually. Coach should know better. Bring in the backups and drain the clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up by 12 vs kids 2 years younger late in the game....call off the dogs. No justifiable reason that the goalie should be running length of the field. Result sucks for the kid that he is out for weeks, but sounds like the team will be weaker moving forward cause they had to pile on.

Tournament that allows that matchup should be subject to a lawsuit for stupidity and the coach who sends the goalie should recall Mark Sanchez and Jason Seahorn stupidity!
And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch -- I'm not saying anyone targetted the goalie, or he deserved it individually. Coach should know better. Bring in the backups and drain the clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else have issues with Waze coming home this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound like lots of stupidity to go around. Feel bad for the kid that got hurt, but really call the dogs off. No goalie should be running the length trying to score (ESPECIALLY in a blow out vs younger kids)
BTW, what tournament had a matchup like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to blame WAZE when there is no way to avoid the traffic on a beautiful beach day and with Father's Day on top of that? She saved me by driving me around back off route 110 Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never approve of dangerous play but this goalie got hurt because he was playing for a TOOL of a coach.

On the girls side its worse, up by 10 and 1 girl has 8 goals and still going to the cage (because that's what her dad keeps yelling) and they wonder why girls are swinging sticks at her ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound like lots of stupidity to go around. Feel bad for the kid that got hurt, but really call the dogs off. No goalie should be running the length trying to score (ESPECIALLY in a blow out vs younger kids)

Majority of the blame goes to HC of travel team who was overwhelming a younger town squad in a one sided affair

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Majority of the blame goes to HC of travel team who was overwhelming a younger town squad in a one sided affair

Why does there have to be any blame?
The goalie saw an opportunity and took it. They were on the field playing a game and they were playing it as they should.
Unfortunate injury but it sometimes happens.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard