BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2019
TLaxOne Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Now that the HS season is over and kids are playing on grade level...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok the first big tournament of the year just happen this weekend. The 2019 Crabs beat Madlax by one in the finals. But looking at the scores Madlax beat them by 4 or 5 on Sat. So are Madlax and Crabs the clear top two teams at 2019 this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the UA 2019/2020 tryout last night at GP - feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, wow! Every kid who ever played lacrosse near DC was there. Lots of college coaches in attendance. How they select teams from that size a pool of players is beyond me. Tons of me-ball happening. Great facility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, wow! Every kid who ever played lacrosse near DC was there. Lots of college coaches in attendance. How they select teams from that size a pool of players is beyond me. Tons of me-ball happening. Great facility.

Any analysis of the selections for the Watch List?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put a link to the website. Are you talking about Ty Xanders list or another list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put a link to the website. Are you talking about Ty Xanders list or another list?

I am talking about the Washington DC UA Command Team selection last night at Georgetown Prep. There is a group of 50-75 players identified as being on the watch list for a final game. That group is the pool for the national tournament just before 4th of July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No online list. Maybe someone took a photo?

I am talking about the Washington DC UA Command Team selection last night at Georgetown Prep. There is a group of 50-75 players identified as being on the watch list for a final game. That group is the pool for the national tournament just before 4th of July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the number was 40?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the number was 40?

I will go out on a and predict there are plenty of GPrep, Gonzaga, and Blackwolf kids selected. Given the evaluators...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any analysis of the selections for the Watch List? [/quote]
Put a link to the website. Are you talking about Ty Xanders list or another list? [/quote]

I am talking about the Washington DC UA Command Team selection last night at Georgetown Prep. There is a group of 50-75 players identified as being on the watch list for a final game. That group is the pool for the national tournament just before 4th of July. [/quote][/quote]
I thought the number was 40?[/quote]
I will go out on a and predict there are plenty of GPrep, Gonzaga, and Blackwolf kids selected. Given the evaluators... [/quote]
Yes, many of the best players in DC left off rosters if outside this group. Can you say Money Grab??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
400 kids, crazy teams. 9 attack on a team for a 27 min game? Save your money unless your hs or club coach is there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find this list. Hence why I asked for a link so I can join the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 fields * 8 start times * 24 players/team * $185 = $142,000, give or take a little. Do this 11 times and you could grab approximately $1.5mill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the final 44 politics prevailed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the final 44 politics prevailed.

So when we say politics prevailed. I really do not see it. I just read this list and have a 2019 son. The names on this list have been stars on there teams at every level for the last 5 years. They are all Blackwolf,VLC and Madlax players. This group has tryout and been picked over all the local 2019 class kids for the last 4 years. These boys have been the best players on the field from NVYLL to high school for the last 4 years. They have been asked to play at and for these top high schools. I would love for you to name the kids that should be on this list that are not on this list. Name the players high school position and number that might get through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you really can't please everyone - especially lax parents!

The cost is reasonable for what it is. Is it a money grab if your son wants to get recruited and the coach was in attendance? No. I stood next to coach Tillman and Petro and watched the 2020/2019 games. Plenty of coaches roaming the sidelines. My son is a 2020 and got to experience competition against top level talent, to date kids he's never played against (all the 2019 kids in particular).

As for the final roster, the previous poster was spot on - these are the same kids who win spots at the top clubs in the area, and are often the best players from the team. For kids that got passed over, they have a whole summer to grind and work on impressing. Some kids simply didn't play to their potential, some kids got stuck on teams that couldn't win possession and others got stuck with me ball players. All to be expected.

Congrats to the kids that made the team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will go out on a and predict there are plenty of GPrep, Gonzaga, and Blackwolf kids selected. Given the evaluators...

Looked like it to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you really can't please everyone - especially lax parents!

The cost is reasonable for what it is. Is it a money grab if your son wants to get recruited and the coach was in attendance? No. I stood next to coach Tillman and Petro and watched the 2020/2019 games. Plenty of coaches roaming the sidelines. My son is a 2020 and got to experience competition against top level talent, to date kids he's never played against (all the 2019 kids in particular).

As for the final roster, the previous poster was spot on - these are the same kids who win spots at the top clubs in the area, and are often the best players from the team. For kids that got passed over, they have a whole summer to grind and work on impressing. Some kids simply didn't play to their potential, some kids got stuck on teams that couldn't win possession and others got stuck with me ball players. All to be expected.

Congrats to the kids that made the team!

My son had a great time as well. It was legit. Not a bad price for the experience. Of course it was a capitalist exercise - I mean a money grab - but the value was there. Helped,f course, that he was a long stick and they seemed to get plenty of PT and suffer less from "showcase ball".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok 2 weekends of tournaments over with. Top five 2019 team in USA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No particular order except alphabetical
Crabs
Edge
Laxachusettes
Madlax
Team 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No particular order except alphabetical
Crabs
Edge
Laxachusettes
Madlax
Team 91

Madlax just won the Crab feast this weekend. That should move them up some I would say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top 5 is too difficult, there's really a top 10 that have separated themselves.

Add Sweetlax, FCA, LI Express, HHH/Big4, and possibly LI Express North to your Top 5 list to get best 2019 teams

Since last summer, Madlax 2019 has won more premier events than anyone, but on any given weekend any of these teams can win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add Sweetlax, FCA, LI Express, HHH/Big4, and possibly LI Express North to your Top 5 list to get best 2019 teams

Since last summer, Madlax 2019 has won more premier events than anyone, but on any given weekend any of these teams can win

Man it most kill you to say the Madlax 2019 part I bet your fingers wanted to hit delete. But if a team wins the most premier tournaments that makes them #1. Go by the international soccer rules if you must they are #1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man it most kill you to say the Madlax 2019 part I bet your fingers wanted to hit delete. But if a team wins the most premier tournaments that makes them #1. Go by the international soccer rules if you must they are #1.

Does MadLax lead in older kids or does that still belong to Crabs???.Just asking

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lead by a wide margin. In fact, it is very rare to have an on age Crabs kid. Madlax 2019 has a few, but mostly on age kids who have played together since 5ht grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lead by a wide margin. In fact, it is very rare to have an on age Crabs kid. Madlax 2019 has a few, but mostly on age kids who have played together since 5ht grade.

A few ..do you mean 2 or 3? What are they one goalie one midfield one attack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 5 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 5 kids

Plus a 2018 that plays 2019 because he plans to PG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 5 kids

Plus a 2018 that plays 2019 because he plans to PG.

What a joke. In glad my son can handle it but is it fair to these other teams and kids .i always wanted my son to play up in competition. Lacrosse always seems to be backwards.Better to be a hero then challenge yourself I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on the UA website and look at the rosters of teams playing. All birth dates listed. It's a joke how many 2019 players have 1999 birth dates. I would be embarrassed at having my son play down. How did the conversation go ? Son you can't compete with boys your age so Daddy is going to have you play with the younger boys so you will do better. And yes my son is a 2001 birthday and plays on a top team so no need to comeback at me. Just my observation of the sad state of some parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on the UA website and look at the rosters of teams playing. All birth dates listed. It's a joke how many 2019 players have 1999 birth dates. I would be embarrassed at having my son play down. How did the conversation go ? Son you can't compete with boys your age so Daddy is going to have you play with the younger boys so you will do better. And yes my son is a 2001 birthday and plays on a top team so no need to comeback at me. Just my observation of the sad state of some parents.

One 1999 listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 or 5 on New England

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crab players are holdbacks. Look at the DOB. 2000 for most. My son is a 2001 birth year. That means he is a true riding sophomore, 15 yrs old.

Crab players are physically bigger and more mature re: lax IQ.

Not fair that the cheating holdbacks are playing in 2019 showcase events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange vs . Hawks on CSN tomorrow at 6pm at Navy Stadium for Naptown championship,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange vs . Hawks on CSN tomorrow at 6pm at Navy Stadium for Naptown championship,

I am well aware this sounds like sour grapes but can someone else look at the pool play results and tell me how the hawks got the number one seed in the brackets? They had a higher G.A. and less G.F. then at least one other team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crab players are holdbacks. Look at the DOB. 2000 for most. My son is a 2001 birth year. That means he is a true riding sophomore, 15 yrs old.

Crab players are physically bigger and more mature re: lax IQ.

Not fair that the cheating holdbacks are playing in 2019 showcase events.

It happens...deal with it, not going to change

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I am well aware this sounds like sour grapes but can someone else look at the pool play results and tell me how the hawks got the number one seed in the brackets? They had a higher G.A. and less G.F. then at least one other team?"

The D1 coaches who spoke at the banquet the 1st night watched the day 1 games and they set the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I am well aware this sounds like sour grapes but can someone else look at the pool play results and tell me how the hawks got the number one seed in the brackets? They had a higher G.A. and less G.F. then at least one other team?"

The D1 coaches who spoke at the banquet the 1st night watched the day 1 games and they set the rankings.

Ok well i guess that is a answer and I can not argue with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 over Hawks in Naptown championship. Great game to watch on TV.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard