Rosters Spot Available w/ the LI Outlaws + Legacy Lacrosse Boys & Girls Teams -> Check the Forums/Tryouts Section for More Info!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/20/19 01:22 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Bearded_Kaos. 10/20/19 11:50 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/20/19 09:10 AM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Bearded_Kaos. 10/20/19 09:07 AM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/20/19 09:05 AM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/20/19 08:55 AM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,811
Posts256,977
Members2,139
Most Online6,944
Oct 16th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 174 of 205 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170371
06/14/16 11:18 AM
06/14/16 11:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will they post LI All Americans this week. I thought it didn't come out till July?

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170390
06/14/16 11:48 AM
06/14/16 11:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where will they post LI All Americans this week. I thought it didn't come out till July?

Suffolk awards go out tomorrow night, I believe Nassau as well. It' is at the all county dinner.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170457
06/14/16 02:44 PM
06/14/16 02:44 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

All American awards up this week, who you got?

Don't name players LOL

Names are listed but if listed on here there will be the faceless attacks on the players . Thats why we prefer names not be listed. If people could just be happy for the kids rather than attack them it would be so much easier.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #170675
06/15/16 04:09 PM
06/15/16 04:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IL...
1) Hill Academy (Ont.), 11-0

2) McDonogh (Md.), 18-1

3) Bullis (Md.), 21-2

4) Victor (N.Y.), 22-0

5) Darien (Conn.), 23-0

6) Boys’ Latin (Md.), 14-4

7) Gonzaga (D.C.), 19-2

8) Deerfield (Mass.), 15-1

9) Culver Academy (Ind.), 20-3

10) St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Va.), 21-4

11) Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.), 18-1

12) Delbarton (N.J.), 22-2

13) St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), 14-2

14) Ward Melville (N.Y.), 18-4

15) Haverford School (Pa.) 20-5

16) Syosset (N.Y.), 16-3

17) New Canaan (Conn.), 19-4

18) Connetquot (N.Y.), 16-3

19) Smithtown East (N.Y.), 14-3

20) Bridgewater Raritan (N.J.), 19-1

21) Landon (Md.), 17-4

22) Malvern Prep (Pa.), 18-5

23) Calvert Hall (Md.), 14-5

24) Jamesville DeWitt (N.Y.), 21-2

25) IMG National (Fla.), 12-1

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170747
06/16/16 08:32 AM
06/16/16 08:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]What was Port's JV Team record this year?

I assume 8-0 and no goals scored against....

Played in games against easy teams and blowouts

Port Jv team not good at all.

When they have someone who can DELETED JV kids will be good for years to come on Varsity..everyone will see

Ok so it seems like you know everything about Port. The JV team went 10-4. That's not bad. Despite horrible nonexistent coaching on JV.

Except that most towns move any decent underclassman to varsity except the better programs. And those are the ones you lost to. Do the math. Average program.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170759
06/16/16 09:12 AM
06/16/16 09:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they have someone who can DELETED JV kids will be good for years to come on Varsity..everyone will see

Ok so it seems like you know everything about Port. The JV team went 10-4. That's not bad. Despite horrible nonexistent coaching on JV.

Except that most towns move any decent underclassman to varsity except the better programs. And those are the ones you lost to. Do the math. Average program.

That sounds a bit off. If a town had a good program wouldnt the have enough juniors and seniors to field a varsity program with a few underclassmen sprinkled in. Allowing for the kids to play and develop. A town that needs to bring up 8th 9th and most of their 10th graders sounds as if it has problems with not much depth in the program.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170769
06/16/16 09:37 AM
06/16/16 09:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only play 10 players at a time. So while hopefully your best players are upperclassmen the rest sit on the sidelines. How is that good for development. Game experience rather than bench experience is a bit more important. Coaches bring up underclassmen to Varsity because mommy and daddy complain and are flabbergasted at the fact that their son is on JV. These parents say things like" he plays for this travel team and I pay this much for training. He should be on Varsity " So coaches bring them up and they ride the pine. That's really a good way to develop talent.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170791
06/16/16 10:18 AM
06/16/16 10:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only play 10 players at a time. So while hopefully your best players are upperclassmen the rest sit on the sidelines. How is that good for development. Game experience rather than bench experience is a bit more important. Coaches bring up underclassmen to Varsity because mommy and daddy complain and are flabbergasted at the fact that their son is on JV. These parents say things like" he plays for this travel team and I pay this much for training. He should be on Varsity " So coaches bring them up and they ride the pine. That's really a good way to develop talent.

Stupid is as stupid posts and this was a typical stupid post - lets start with PW where they bought up an 8th grade goalie who started for 5 years and was a big part of them being competitive. Most of the better programs will have 9th and 10th graders contributing to the varsity teams and those are the kids who become the stars and leaders in 11th and 12th grade - the ignorance is the thought process that if you are not brought up by 10th grade you wouldn't be a starter or contributor as an 11th or 12th grader and that is just not the case - every school has 12th grade first year starters. At the end of the day the best players play regardless of grade.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170808
06/16/16 10:56 AM
06/16/16 10:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid is as stupid posts and this was a typical stupid post - lets start with PW where they bought up an 8th grade goalie who started for 5 years and was a big part of them being competitive. Most of the better programs will have 9th and 10th graders contributing to the varsity teams and those are the kids who become the stars and leaders in 11th and 12th grade - the ignorance is the thought process that if you are not brought up by 10th grade you wouldn't be a starter or contributor as an 11th or 12th grader and that is just not the case - every school has 12th grade first year starters. At the end of the day the best players play regardless of grade.

Since you are a child I will make it easy for you. There are exceptions and the goalie you mention is just that. He has been an anchor for the team since 8th grade. That was because there was not a goalie in 9th-12th. He needed to be rushed up. There were no other options.Goalie and faceoff are two specialty positions and skill sets. You can't just put an attackman or a middy in net. Port had no other option. They were very lucky that he was as good as he was. What dont you understand there was noooooo other goalie.

If a program is strong it has enough players in each class that are good and should start. Again that's the norm. Of course teams bring up players even underclassme yet unless an exceptional player they ride the pine during games and are scout team practice players. Please explain to me why my other post was so stupid. We have a difference of opinion. I would love to hear you in a board meeting and if someone disagrees with you you call them stupid. Ohh and why the hard on for Port?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170810
06/16/16 11:03 AM
06/16/16 11:03 AM
NY
T
TommyM Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

NY
I will not have anything bad said about this player or any other.

I am warning you all to keep it civil.

The kid was obviously the BEST option for goalie and that is why he played. The coaches want to win, they do not want to coddle the parents.. Can't wait for these parents to see what happens in college.. lol

Get over it!!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170818
06/16/16 11:33 AM
06/16/16 11:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you are a child I will make it easy for you. There are exceptions and the goalie you mention is just that. He has been an anchor for the team since 8th grade. That was because there was not a goalie in 9th-12th. He needed to be rushed up. There were no other options.Goalie and faceoff are two specialty positions and skill sets. You can't just put an attackman or a middy in net. Port had no other option. They were very lucky that he was as good as he was. What dont you understand there was noooooo other goalie.

If a program is strong it has enough players in each class that are good and should start. Again that's the norm. Of course teams bring up players even underclassme yet unless an exceptional player they ride the pine during games and are scout team practice players. Please explain to me why my other post was so stupid. We have a difference of opinion. I would love to hear you in a board meeting and if someone disagrees with you you call them stupid. Ohh and why the hard on for Port?

Coaches bring up underclassmen to Varsity because mommy and daddy complain and are flabbergasted at the fact that their son is on JV. These parents say things like" he plays for this travel team and I pay this much for training. He should be on Varsity " So coaches bring them up and they ride the pine.

this is the "stupid" that I was talking about - Massapequa and Syosset always bring up 9th graders (and an occasional 8th graders) to varsity to PLAY not ride the bench. A player develops in practice not in games and practicing against older strong players will let them develop faster then being the best player on their JV team and dominating inferior competition on the JV level. The experience of being on the varsity and seeing what it involves is a great experience and a benefit for the future leaders of the team. I didn't mean to imply that you were stupid (although you might be) just the post was stupid to paint with such broad strokes that kids are being bought up because coaches are placating to parents and you are diminishing the kids accomplishments by saying so.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #170819
06/16/16 11:34 AM
06/16/16 11:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

The kid was obviously the BEST option for goalie and that is why he played. The coaches want to win, they do not want to coddle the parents.. Can't wait for these parents to see what happens in college.. lol

Get over it!!

Larry 100% agree. This kid was a great goalie earned a lot of accolades. Never did I say a bad thing about him so don't know where the reference to an attack is coming from.

The issue at hand is a person insists that if a program has 10th graders on JV its a weak program. Really logically explain that to me. How many programs have 10 freshman and 10 sophomores playing up on Varsity. If a program is strong it has enough talented players in each grade to field a good JV and Varsity team. They dont need to rely on underclassmen to make varsity competitive. In the instance that there is a player that is good enough to be moved up they will be as a freshman sophomore even an 8th graders. Most good coaches would prefer to allow players to physically and mentally develop on JV. They are attacking Port JV for having Sophomore players. Not everyone is good enough to play Varsity in 9th or 10th. Some kids have to develop and mature. Yet this asshat keeps attacking Port and it's JV program and Varsity. I give an reasonable answer and they act like a child.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170820
06/16/16 11:38 AM
06/16/16 11:38 AM
NY
T
TommyM Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

NY

Get over it!!

Larry 100% agree. This kid was a great goalie earned a lot of accolades. Never did I say a bad thing about him so don't know where the reference to an attack is coming from.

The issue at hand is a person insists that if a program has 10th graders on JV its a weak program. Really logically explain that to me. How many programs have 10 freshman and 10 sophomores playing up on Varsity. If a program is strong it has enough talented players in each grade to field a good JV and Varsity team. They dont need to rely on underclassmen to make varsity competitive. In the instance that there is a player that is good enough to be moved up they will be as a freshman sophomore even an 8th graders. Most good coaches would prefer to allow players to physically and mentally develop on JV. They are attacking Port JV for having Sophomore players. Not everyone is good enough to play Varsity in 9th or 10th. Some kids have to develop and mature. Yet this asshat keeps attacking Port and it's JV program and Varsity. I give an reasonable answer and they act like a child.

I m just warning the people who will come in to attack him.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170825
06/16/16 11:59 AM
06/16/16 11:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches bring up underclassmen to Varsity because mommy and daddy complain and are flabbergasted at the fact that their son is on JV. These parents say things like" he plays for this travel team and I pay this much for training. He should be on Varsity " So coaches bring them up and they ride the pine.

this is the "stupid" that I was talking about - Massapequa and Syosset always bring up 9th graders (and an occasional 8th graders) to varsity to PLAY not ride the bench. A player develops in practice not in games and practicing against older strong players will let them develop faster then being the best player on their JV team and dominating inferior competition on the JV level. The experience of being on the varsity and seeing what it involves is a great experience and a benefit for the future leaders of the team. I didn't mean to imply that you were stupid (although you might be) just the post was stupid to paint with such broad strokes that kids are being bought up because coaches are placating to parents and you are diminishing the kids accomplishments by saying so.

Ehh Port had 4 or 5 underclassman on Varsity. One earned All County. As for development you said it, it is in practice you get better playing versus better players. I don't know but I am pretty sure Port had JV players practicing with Varsity. Your explanation now is much different than before. You never mentioned any of those programs and never dsaid anything about practice. All you said was having underclassmen on Varsity means a strong program. As for the rare instance a 8th and or 9th grader is a starter and major contributor to a team it doesn't happen that offer. Yes a few 10th graders will always play varsity but it does not mean a program is weak if they have 10th graders on JV.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #170826
06/16/16 12:01 PM
06/16/16 12:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over it!!

You are defending 10th graders playing on PW JV by ridiculing programs that bring up 8th, 9th and 10th graders by saying they are weak programs that is why the have to bring up younger players.

Syosset started 2 10th graders on attack, 1 LSM, 1 SSDM and 1 Close D - they beat PW varsity handily and Syo JV beat PW JV handily, logic says that the JV score could have been much worse if the Syo 9th and 10th graders played JV and not varsity - so please just admit that Syosset is not a weak program and we can be done with this.

Page 174 of 205 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 204 205