BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai score?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]WI lost two games in there 3 year Final Four run that mattered 15-10 to West Genny in the 2014 State Final and yesterdays dismantling of the defending State Champs where SW did not win a single game that mattered in that same span, I don't know what mirror you want us to look in because all I see is Blue and Gold.Yes we got beat by a better team yesterday and only yesterday during an incredible 3 year run

News flash: you lost the only game that mattered and tried to blame the refs! No hardware for you! Must haven a long bus ride home! As for sw, proud of those girls for playing a great season!

Bus ride home was fine. A few tears shed. Stopped for a great lunch. Watched a movie and took a nap. Third bus ride in 3 consecutive from cortland. How was your bus ride??? Oh yeaaaaaa. You've never had a bus ride to cortland

Wow, a lot of smack talk from a loser!

Yes you should stop talking[/quote

I know you are but what am I

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Garden City and Mt. Sinai! 2/3's of the state championships!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt. Sinai wins 12-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WI lost two games in there 3 year Final Four run that mattered 15-10 to West Genny in the 2014 State Final and yesterdays dismantling of the defending State Champs where SW did not win a single game that mattered in that same span, I don't know what mirror you want us to look in because all I see is Blue and Gold.Yes we got beat by a better team yesterday and only yesterday during an incredible 3 year run

News flash: you lost the only game that mattered and tried to blame the refs! No hardware for you! Must haven a long bus ride home! As for sw, proud of those girls for playing a great season!

Bus ride home was fine. A few tears shed. Stopped for a great lunch. Watched a movie and took a nap. Third bus ride in 3 consecutive from cortland. How was your bus ride??? Oh yeaaaaaa. You've never had a bus ride to cortland

Wow, a lot of smack talk from a loser!

Yes you should stop talking[/quote

I know you are but what am I

you parents sound like idiots. The girls lost and dealt with the loss with more maturity than you people. They were interviewed and said it wasn't their day. And said pittsford was a good team and had a great game. Maybe you should all learn from the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt. Sinai wins 12-3

Congrats MT Sinai! Hard work pays off! Bert, way to build a program! Mt Sinai is lucky to have you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do they announce all americans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they come out out july 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryouts start today. I'm sure they will be interesting.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting to say the least, some of the most talented won't make it and some that do will have you wondering how in the [lacrosse]. It's all who you know and political at best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting to say the least, some of the most talented won't make it and some that do will have you wondering how in the [lacrosse]. It's all who you know and political at best.

That's so true. There is blatant favoritism given to certain clubs/HS teams and then even more favoritism within those teams. And then we have a disproportionate number of evaluators from a certain club with several having daughters of sisters trying out. There's no way they can be unbiased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to those selected as Newsday all Long Island recipients! Looking forward to the second team players, so much talent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which club are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which club team has "several" evaluators with daughters/sisters trying out??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to the players of the year !!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to those selected as Newsday all Long Island recipients! Looking forward to the second team players, so much talent!

Who made all LI team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why CR was on the field with clipboard in hand clearly evaluating and selecting her YJ girls yesterday at the UA tryouts? UA definitely needs to revamp the selection process. There should be no LI club or team coaches evaluating or coaching at this event, and definitely not if they have a child also trying out. Some of these coaches insist on coaching year after year to guarantee their kid deserving or not a spot on the team e.g The highlight coach who also has a kid trying out,Politics at it's best. Several conflicts of interests at this event and the politics are blatantly on display. Corrigan sports needs to do something about the LI process as its turning kids away in droves. So many signed up and decided to skip this event and those that did show up already know the odds are not in their favor as the selections were made way before the tryout. Maybe they should have coaches and evaluators from different regions and maybe more kids will sign up. This is why Maryland has LI beat all the time, same leadership=same results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR was there because all the other clubs where represented too!! UA Head coaches Legacy, Express and Liberty. So she has the right to be there too!! Most LI clubs had someone there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why CR was on the field with clipboard in hand clearly evaluating and selecting her YJ girls yesterday at the UA tryouts? UA definitely needs to revamp the selection process. There should be no LI club or team coaches evaluating or coaching at this event, and definitely not if they have a child also trying out. Some of these coaches insist on coaching year after year to guarantee their kid deserving or not a spot on the team e.g The highlight coach who also has a kid trying out,Politics at it's best. Several conflicts of interests at this event and the politics are blatantly on display. Corrigan sports needs to do something about the LI process as its turning kids away in droves. So many signed up and decided to skip this event and those that did show up already know the odds are not in their favor as the selections were made way before the tryout. Maybe they should have coaches and evaluators from different regions and maybe more kids will sign up. This is why Maryland has LI beat all the time, same leadership=same results.
Too much money and pigs at the feed bin. The way it has always been and will always be

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It has been ever thus. Search on this site and you will see. A few years back, people did contact Corrigan with their concerns, myself included, and you can see it made no difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

It has been ever thus. Search on this site and you will see. A few years back, people did contact Corrigan with their concerns, myself included, and you can see it made no difference.

This was our first experience at the UA tryouts. Let me preface this by saying the young ladies are very talented and there are obviously some outstanding players who truly belong on the team. However, the fact that the email said they will have a great mix of coaches is such a blatant falsity. On field 2 you had CR and the Mt Sinai coach. Some of the other evaluators were walking around with YJ backpacks. I fully understand some of the better players are from that organization but there are others just as deserving. With DG from Liberty there I would guess the team will be 85% YJ, 10% Liberty and 5% other...now I know why so many girls do not show up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was our first experience at the UA tryouts. Let me preface this by saying the young ladies are very talented and there are obviously some outstanding players who truly belong on the team. However, the fact that the email said they will have a great mix of coaches is such a blatant falsity. On field 2 you had CR and the Mt Sinai coach. Some of the other evaluators were walking around with YJ backpacks. I fully understand some of the better players are from that organization but there are others just as deserving. With DG from Liberty there I would guess the team will be 85% YJ, 10% Liberty and 5% other...now I know why so many girls do not show up.

That is why we have never attended this tryout or schoolgirls for that matter. Unfortunately, nothing is just and it is all who you know. The girls selected can play, but so can many others who are passed up because they don't know the right person. Really devalues the process... Bottom line is really is $$ grabber with a lot of PR for Corrigan sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was an evaluator last year. Kids got screwed bc the team was selected by the 3 Coaches who were coaching them down in MD. Whole thing is 100% political . I did not evaluate this year because of the flawed process. It is a shame that this happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened in MD for the middle schoolers with Brine. Don't waste your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened in MD for the middle schoolers with Brine. Don't waste your money

Anyone can make the Brine team as long you're willing to pay for an expensive weekend. It means zero to college coaches. As far as schoolgirls there were girls listed as top players by Newsday that were cut in first round, some exceptional defenders cut after second round. UA selections will be senior YJ players who never made the cut before. Wait for it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately all of these "select" teams are the same, political. This is why so many kids just don't tryout. It's a shame and a huge waste of money! I think Brine is something like $400 not including travel expenses. Use to be when you made a select team, all expenses were paid for! Parents are too caught up in buying the nice pinny they've lost sight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly you people sound pathetic ,stop whining. You are complaining prior to the teams being selected. YJ does not even have anyone coaching the teams yet you come on here acting like they have some crazy control over the process. Let me know any select team/award/ recognition process that is not flawed in some manner, its life get over it.
They changed the AA selection process this year because they said its been purely political and flawed in past years yet the first thing they decide is if you were selected by the biased /flawed process last year you automatically make it this year, how does that make sense. You cant take any of these awards or select teams too serious if you get picked or you don't.
Any college coaches at the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly you people sound pathetic ,stop whining. You are complaining prior to the teams being selected. YJ does not even have anyone coaching the teams yet you come on here acting like they have some crazy control over the process. Let me know any select team/award/ recognition process that is not flawed in some manner, its life get over it.
They changed the AA selection process this year because they said its been purely political and flawed in past years yet the first thing they decide is if you were selected by the biased /flawed process last year you automatically make it this year, how does that make sense. You cant take any of these awards or select teams too serious if you get picked or you don't.
Any college coaches at the tryouts.

I don't think people are worried about who is coaching the teams...their concern is on who is evaluating and picking the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When my daughter went, the first thing she noticed was YJ players with YJ logos evident going up and greeting the evaluators by name, because they knew them all. Some greeting-hugs were even exchanged. It made her feel it was a total set-up, and I don't disagree. Very few non-YJ girls make the cut and it's not just because they have less talent despite what everyone will come on here and say. Politics are a big factor, and that's a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to Lax 2016!

The sport is corrupt and run by big money clubs. US Lax is a gutless worthless governing body. Tournament seedings are rigged by the big guys and everyone breaks rules on roster eligibility.

It is all 100% about getting recruited for players and about making money for everyone else (clubs, camps, all star teams etc etc )and that's it.

If you are a purest you don't have a chance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent coaching so their kid can play beings in grade 2! Huge problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! All of these posts were made prior to the "call-backs" being announced, so it doesn't seem like anyone is giving the process a chance to work.

There were evaluators from YJ, Liberty, Elevate and Igloo that I saw. I couldn't identify the others. It looked like a diverse bunch to me.

My 2020 was not called back, but had a very good experience. Congratulations to the kids who ultimately make the UA team. There was a tremendous amount of talent on the Cantiague Park fields for the last two evenings!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! All of these posts were made prior to the "call-backs" being announced, so it doesn't seem like anyone is giving the process a chance to work.

There were evaluators from YJ, Liberty, Elevate and Igloo that I saw. I couldn't identify the others. It looked like a diverse bunch to me.

My 2020 was not called back, but had a very good experience. Congratulations to the kids who ultimately make the UA team. There was a tremendous amount of talent on the Cantiague Park fields for the last two evenings!

Yeah ok CR niice post. A great experience for your kid? Who are you kidding! You don't have kids you just use others as pawns to make a lot of $. And the one from Liberty is the same way. 2 peas in a pod!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to Lax 2016!

The sport is corrupt and run by big money clubs. US Lax is a gutless worthless governing body. Tournament seedings are rigged by the big guys and everyone breaks rules on roster eligibility.

It is all 100% about getting recruited for players and about making money for everyone else (clubs, camps, all star teams etc etc )and that's it.

If you are a purest you don't have a chance!

CR leads the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Food for thought ---
Why is lax in New [lacrosse] behind the times as far as grade level?
Why do travel teams only attend tournaments?
Why no league established like in soccer or other states for that matter
The large business will continue to grow as so many parents and willing pay
For the sticker to on the back of the car - when kid may be in the 3rd team in the age group
We left a certain high # club. For the simple reason of promises were made and not kept
The $ grab was evident and players were a distant 2nd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls "travel" programs are there on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason is very simple...Travel teams on LI don't like to play each other--thus the desire to travel to hinterlands for tournaments---because if they do poorly against each other, it reflects on the bottom line. And because they all have to sell the product, it is imperative that each is considered the "elite" LI travel program.
Like a pizza guy saying his Sicilian pie is the best around, but not wanting to have a taste test with other shops to prove it. Keep those customers coming into the store, while still pounding your chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iron sharpens iron
If you want to be the best you have to take on any and all teams
And to be frank if you can't beat the teams in your own area
There is no reason to cross a bridge every weekend
Get a clue parents -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls "travel" programs are there on LI?

I come up with 11 but sure there are more:
YJ, TG, Liberty, Express, 91, Legacy, Wave, Elevate, Igloo, Icon, Beach Bums (no particular order)

Page 44 of 46 1 2 42 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard