BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 247 of 327 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was it a couple waste of time watching M&D and Skywalkers win all four divisions? Maybe just a waste of time for YJ parents.

Who cares there were some great games. 2018 M & D stole one from Top Guns in playoffs. Top Guns up by 3 with a few minutes left made a few mistakes and let the game get away from them. Both teams were exceptional.

Yes wouldn't be waste of time if competitve games, but to run through weak brackets in pool play is a complete waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it a couple waste of time watching M&D and Skywalkers win all four divisions? Maybe just a waste of time for YJ parents.

Who cares there were some great games. 2018 M & D stole one from Top Guns in playoffs. Top Guns up by 3 with a few minutes left made a few mistakes and let the game get away from them. Both teams were exceptional.

What's up with TG 17? Obviously most girls left but both teams were lacking basic skills. Seems all of the teams are now much smaller rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Genesis go?
Amusement parks, go karts, mini golf and ice cream. Parents not happy

it was like thousands of cattle being hurded down into the grand canyon. god foresaken dust bowl, nightmarish tourney site.

Lebanon Valley College facility was great with ample parking. The Ridge Road fields were a parking and logistic nightmare. There was a 5 minute window to either get in or out without a massive traffic jam

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Genesis go?
Amusement parks, go karts, mini golf and ice cream. Parents not happy

it was like thousands of cattle being hurded down into the grand canyon. god foresaken dust bowl, nightmarish tourney site.

The thought that came to mind was a picture and lesson way back in school about the plains tribes. One of their methods for hunting buffalo or bison was to direct them over a cliff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes wouldn't be waste of time if competitve games, but to run through weak brackets in pool play is a complete waste of time.

Brackets were very unbalanced. Two really strong & the others very weak. It was clear that whichever team won the skywalkers/M&D game and then next against Top Guns was going to win tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brackets were very unbalanced. Two really strong & the others very weak. It was clear that whichever team won the skywalkers/M&D game and then next against Top Guns was going to win tournament.

that's the problem most of these weekends 3 weak games for every 1 competitive game. Even the bean dip gets old after a while. And the traffic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's up with TG 17? Obviously most girls left but both teams were lacking basic skills. Seems all of the teams are now much smaller rosters

Why do you care this is a YJ thread...get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR was tweeting division champs pictures over the weekend. Were those just pool winners, before playoffs?

Funny if true.

M&D won 2018 and 2020.
SKywalkers won 2017 and 2019

That's all four divisions so not sure what she was tweeting about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR was tweeting division champs pictures over the weekend. Were those just pool winners, before playoffs?

Funny if true.

M&D won 2018 and 2020.

Says "YJ 2020 Curcio Summer Genesis Division Champs!!❤️🐝" then #Semifinalist and "YJ 2020 Jones Summer Genesis Division Champs!!❤️🐝" then #QuarterFinals.

Not sure how you can be Champs if you get bounced in the Semis or Quarters. False advertising?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 2020 green beat them both in the playoffs. beat jones then curcio. must be the pool or bracket final standings. But then they had a playoffs!

Heros 2020 green then lost to MnD 2020 black in the championship game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All i know is CR is laughing all the way to the bank and could prob buy you 10x over. If your happy where you are and YJ people happy, whats the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything runs in cycles. There was massive expansion in club lacrosse a few years ago and now everyone is folding, consolidating, selling or downsizing. Even the YJ's have lost a few teams. Winning also runs in cycles. It was impossible for the YJ's to continue winning at their old rates. Eventually they had to come back to earth. Coaching isn't the best anymore, maybe CR is a bit complacent, maybe its a lot of things. They are still the top LI club by far but that's because of the players not the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything runs in cycles. There was massive expansion in club lacrosse a few years ago and now everyone is folding, consolidating, selling or downsizing. Even the YJ's have lost a few teams. Winning also runs in cycles. It was impossible for the YJ's to continue winning at their old rates. Eventually they had to come back to earth. Coaching isn't the best anymore, maybe CR is a bit complacent, maybe its a lot of things. They are still the top LI club by far but that's because of the players not the coaching.

I think the same is true of the boys as well, maybe worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny if true.

M&D won 2018 and 2020.

Says "YJ 2020 Curcio Summer Genesis Division Champs!!❤️🐝" then #Semifinalist and "YJ 2020 Jones Summer Genesis Division Champs!!❤️🐝" then #QuarterFinals.

Not sure how you can be Champs if you get bounced in the Semis or Quarters. False advertising?

Jones team played nobody and curcio had on game against skywalkers that was way closer than it should have been(9-8)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny if true.

M&D won 2018 and 2020.

Jones team played nobody and curcio had on game against skywalkers that was way closer than it should have been(9-8)

CR brilliant business woman, she knows exactly what brackets to put certain teams to give them enough success to keep them coming back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else getting fed up yet? Maybe its me but its not nearly as fun as it used to be traveling to play more bad games then good. Coaching isn't what it used to be with my older daughter, parents are different and we don't have the same friendly tight group, vibe is different, lots of loners, CR isn't as visible. I know my daughter is going to get the looks she needs if she wants to play in college but its just not the same. Things have changed for the worse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else getting fed up yet? Maybe its me but its not nearly as fun as it used to be traveling to play more bad games then good. Coaching isn't what it used to be with my older daughter, parents are different and we don't have the same friendly tight group, vibe is different, lots of loners, CR isn't as visible. I know my daughter is going to get the looks she needs if she wants to play in college but its just not the same. Things have changed for the worse

Here's my take, daughter is on a top team and we are very happy with the team, parents and coaching. What I have noticed is the gap between top team and 2nd/3rd is huge and in most age groups. Just look at some of the last few tourny results and that's pretty evident. To me it seems they are not able to retain the talent beyond the first team which was not the case a few years back. There's more choices now and new startups popping up every year. The landscape is changing for sure. Maybe YJ needs to go back to a true elite club with focus on two teams but I'm sure that's unlikely as long as there's enough kids to fill out rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make it better, organize the parents, set up a team dinner, try to change the teams culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old daughter played when CR ran only two teams per age group. Younger daughter does not play travel. She is a better lax player and attends college camps only. Saw the writing on the wall. Parents running around crowing about playing YJ when kid is on the 4th or 5th team. Absurd. Lots of venom. No thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make it better, organize the parents, set up a team dinner, try to change the teams culture.

Team has tried, everyone just there for themselves. Too much sniping when anyone but their daughters touch the ball. I must be getting old. The new parents wear you out so we are part of the problem and go sit with 1 other family down under a tree (if we are lucky enough to find one) Not what we were hoping for. Older daughters team was weaker but had a much better group and time as a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team has tried, everyone just there for themselves. Too much sniping when anyone but their daughters touch the ball. I must be getting old. The new parents wear you out so we are part of the problem and go sit with 1 other family down under a tree (if we are lucky enough to find one) Not what we were hoping for. Older daughters team was weaker but had a much better group and time as a team

You were sitting under a tree last weekend? Where did you find a tree at the "valley of death" off of Ridge Road that you could watch the games from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old daughter played when CR ran only two teams per age group. Younger daughter does not play travel. She is a better lax player and attends college camps only. Saw the writing on the wall. Parents running around crowing about playing YJ when kid is on the 4th or 5th team. Absurd. Lots of venom. No thanks!

This is what alot of people are doing now, and many are being recruited to good schools. There are plenty of individual showcases, plus colleges prefer you to do their prospect camps if you are really interested. Keep in touch with college coaches, send highlight film. Plenty of options now besides trecking every weekend of your summer up the NJ Tpke for weak games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches dont mind you spending 500 bucks on their camp either. Highlight films are ok, but nobody puts their kid dropping the ball in them. I still believe coaches want to see you playing some good competition, the college coaches seem to be trecking up the tpke also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches dont mind you spending 500 bucks on their camp either. Highlight films are ok, but nobody puts their kid dropping the ball in them. I still believe coaches want to see you playing some good competition, the college coaches seem to be trecking up the tpke also.

That's part of the college coaches' jobs - to scout and recruit. My regular job - which thankfully enables us to trek up and down the tpke does not involve any driving. Totally true about the highlight films - we've heard from a few coaches that they prefer seeing whole games - they know that anyone can put together 4 minutes of their daughter doing all good things. They want to see everything including the bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To pay the huge chunk of change that yellow jackets charge to play on 3rd team is just absurd
Playing even on the second team is questionable
They are about top team period end of story
Rest are there to fill more 0s in the bank account

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cost of YJ is the same as 2 prospect camps...2nd YJ teams at worst compete with other LI clubs top teams, if not beat them...So your saying if your not the top 50 kids on LI, you should stop playing travel? Parents waste a lot of money on plenty of other stuff...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cost of YJ is the same as 2 prospect camps...2nd YJ teams at worst compete with other LI clubs top teams, if not beat them...So your saying if your not the top 50 kids on LI, you should stop playing travel? Parents waste a lot of money on plenty of other stuff...

I don't disagree and we probably spend more on cable tv but saying 2nd teams compete with other LI clubs top teams might be a stretch. Sorry but I don't see the talent on 2nd teams like it used to be and seems to me that there's a lot more movement on 2nd teams after tryouts with many opting to go elsewhere. Should be interesting with some of the upcoming tourneys and maybe we will actually get to see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. YJ is cheap! I spend at least double on each of my boys! And you have girls on their 3rd teams committed at an early age. It's is, without question, the best club out there for girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. YJ is cheap! I spend at least double on each of my boys! And you have girls on their 3rd teams committed at an early age. It's is, without question, the best club out there for girls.

That's laughable. There are NO YJ 3rd team players committed at an early age. That's just ridiculous. Most 3rd team players don't get committed anywhere. Look at the lists from the last 3 years... Only enough names listed for about the top two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd team early commits
Come on let's stop with YJ cool aid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd team early commits

After the top 10 kids on the A team, there aren't a lot of schools to get excited about either academically of lacrosse wise but if you want to play in college there is no better club to hook you up. Most club parents just want their kids to play In college and YJ's place more than anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd team early commits

After the top 10 kids on the A team, there aren't a lot of schools to get excited about either academically of lacrosse wise but if you want to play in college there is no better club to hook you up. Most club parents just want their kids to play In college and YJ's place more than anyone

I agree, it's worth it for about top 10 girls. After that you don't need YJ for those colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Ridiculous!

But you should be honored to be able to tell all of your friends that your daughter is on Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament did 2023 go to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

You have lots of options out there if your daughter isn't playing at this age its only going to get worse going forward. Have her play for a club that allows her to develop nobody gets better sitting on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Wright team did fine. Only the Thorn team got blown out. Clearly they're not ready for the A bracket yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Ridiculous!

But you should be honored to be able to tell all of your friends that your daughter is on Blue.

When will everybody learn???? You will make the drive and not play and when it means something in a few years they will hand pick who they play and it will be 3 blowout wins and 1 competitive shortened game 6 HOURS AWAY FROM HOME

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Wright team did fine. Only the Thorn team got blown out. Clearly they're not ready for the A bracket yet.

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes to Thorn's team losing won't be tolerated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes to Thorn's team losing won't be tolerated.

Thorn has very few athletic skilled players who have the size and strengh to compete with the Maryland teams. Also too many favors, leads to lack of ability to compete. This team is a mess and will only become worse. Good example of why it's bad to have a daddy coach!

Like Reply Quote
Page 247 of 327 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard