BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 77 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that WM coach is trying to blame the loss on F/Os. WM has been smoked at the x by other teams including SE, SW still managed to win, F/O was never a strong point for this team. Now blame it on F/O? Please, what happened to the defense I ask you?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to both teams, esp. to Victor. They are a powerhouse and deserve it. Great to see the sport expand beyond the traditional areas. LI will always produce greatness. Great to see Rochester doing the same!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I see that WM coach is trying to blame the loss on F/Os. WM has been smoked at the x by other teams including SE, SW still managed to win, F/O was never a strong point for this team. Now blame it on F/O? Please, what happened to the defense I ask you? [/quote

Defense held a team scoring an average of 16 goals to 7. One goal on man up, after a questionable call by ref. Think defense did pretty well. F/O kid from victor was outstanding and WM could not find a fix. But you have to make the call when WM face off kid gets one and kid took his feet out from under him. SE and SW great face off kids, but didn't play this game...guess you forgot you were still on LI. See you next year!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the outlook for Syosset. Do they graduate a lot this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I see that WM coach is trying to blame the loss on F/Os. WM has been smoked at the x by other teams including SE, SW still managed to win, F/O was never a strong point for this team. Now blame it on F/O? Please, what happened to the defense I ask you? [/quote

Defense held a team scoring an average of 16 goals to 7. One goal on man up, after a questionable call by ref. Think defense did pretty well. F/O kid from victor was outstanding and WM could not find a fix. But you have to make the call when WM face off kid gets one and kid took his feet out from under him. SE and SW great face off kids, but didn't play this game...guess you forgot you were still on LI. See you next year!!

Sounds like a trip to me! Could have been a game changer! Even worse when ref gets in the way! Anyhow great run, was a little disappointed in the defense, not the way they have been playing the majority of the season which is why I don't blame the f/o , they were never that strong. Next year the young WM team gets bigger and stronger and should be a real force despite graduation. Should be a great 2017, good luck to all this summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island ends up with one state championship. Sorry all you Ninety One Flids, Long Island isnt the end all be all of lacrosse. Good job Victor.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to both teams, esp. to Victor. They are a powerhouse and deserve it. Great to see the sport expand beyond the traditional areas. LI will always produce greatness. Great to see Rochester doing the same!

Umm Upstate NY has always had great lacrosse, you FLID. One State title for LI, relax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a trip to me! Could have been a game changer! Even worse when ref gets in the way! Anyhow great run, was a little disappointed in the defense, not the way they have been playing the majority of the season which is why I don't blame the f/o , they were never that strong. Next year the young WM team gets bigger and stronger and should be a real force despite graduation. Should be a great 2017, good luck to all this summer!

Really...defense not strong. What a tool. Your not winning half your games without them and today could have been a lot worse with f/o guy from victor winning 13/16. Sounds like defense did just fine and played as well as they did all season. Victor played a great game and forced Melville to play a lot of defense but defense can't do it all. P

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm Upstate NY has always had great lacrosse, you FLID. One State title for LI, relax
lighten up you redneck upstate hick! Make sure the propane is hooked up to your trailer and get the chickens in the pen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol wat

frown

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Victor was the more balanced team period. They exposed Wm weak points,
attack & f/o. WM fogo's were overmatched. WM lost 80% at the X....just like the 21 other teams Victor beat this year....tip your cap to this kid, he is awesome. For WM to win this game, they had to play an almost perfect game. Too many unforced TO's. These TO's are magnified when you
are on the wrong end of the 80% FO battle. Victor D was too strong/athletic for the WM attack. WM couldn't win their matchups.
The better team won.
Good news is WM brings back a ton of talent in 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being from Long Island and being around the sport for a long time I need to apologize for the ignorance of my fellow FLIDS. Upstairs has always produced great lacrosse. Yorktown, Victor etc. Congratulations to the upstaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you actuarially see the game live? Cause thats not how WM played. the first half WM dominated Victors offense. Victor had won F/O in which WM turned into their possessions. Victor had multiple unforced turnovers in the first half of the game.It wasn't till the second half of the game when the tables turned, Victor figured something out and WM didn't.

WM was ahead for more than 50% of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FLIDs can have the weak "C", we're happy with the big boy lacrosse "A" and "B" champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
attack & f/o. WM fogo's were overmatched. WM lost 80% at the X....just like the 21 other teams Victor beat this year....tip your cap to this kid, he is awesome. For WM to win this game, they had to play an almost perfect game. Too many unforced TO's. These TO's are magnified when you
are on the wrong end of the 80% FO battle. Victor D was too strong/athletic for the WM attack. WM couldn't win their matchups.
The better team won.

Agreed, WM has been in the position of losing 80 present at x in a few other games, but managed to win the game. WM had a great start in this game but seemed to start slowing down and making mistakes the second half. Defense had a tough time controlling Victor, they just couldn't keep up. Next year They are losing two key players, and need to get stronger at X. Will see how they adjust. Next year the strong teams will be:
WM
SmithE
SmithW
SachemN
HillsW

Any others I'm forgetting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being ahead 50% of the game is nice mommy. But its the team that is ahead at the final whistle that counts. No shame for the Pats in coming up short in this game, enjoy being the best Class A team on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better team won.

Agreed, WM has been in the position of losing 80 present at x in a few other games, but managed to win the game. WM had a great start in this game but seemed to start slowing down and making mistakes the second half. Defense had a tough time controlling Victor, they just couldn't keep up. Next year They are losing two key players, and need to get stronger at X. Will see how they adjust. Next year the strong teams will be:
WM
SmithE
SmithW
SachemN
HillsW

What about WI? Are they bringing back a lot of players? You can never count them out in my book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is WM coach blaming DELETED on loss, WM has not been strong at x all year losing at a higher % down on the Island. I don't believe even resulted in fast break scoring opportunities as the kid had no assists or goals. Place the blame where it belongs, defense in the second half. Coach needed to pull those tired and frustrated kids out and make some adjustments. Thats why they lost.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players you [****] stirrer
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better team won.

WM
SmithE
SmithW
SachemN
HillsW

What about WI? Are they bringing back a lot of players? You can never count them out in my book.

This was supposed to be the year for WI, they graduated a lot of talent, gonna be a tough year for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure your fellow upstate New Yorkers really appreciate you bashing their "C" programs. The only reason they are "C" programs is because of the size of their school. Meanwhile, Our "weak" C program has scheduled some out of conference games vs your "elite" A and B programs and I don't see you posting those results with comments. . You are grossly underestimating the talent in your/our C conference. It's actually more impressive considering the number of student athletes we have to select from.

Please don't make yourself feel better by knocking other programs. The C upstate lacrosse is awesome and deserve as much praise for what they do every year as the A and B programs. Why bash... because LI took the C class. So that must mean the C class must be week.

Don't be an elitest just because you have 1000 kids in a class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better team won.

Already looking for next year?? How bout enjoy the summer lax dad/mom . I'm sure your kids wish the same.

WM
SmithE
SmithW
SachemN
HillsW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is WM coach blaming DELETED on loss, WM has not been strong at x all year losing at a higher % down on the Island. I don't believe the deletedeven resulted in fast break scoring opportunities as the kid had no assists or goals. Place the blame where it belongs, defense in the second half. Coach needed to pull those tired and frustrated kids out and make some adjustments. Thats why they lost.

Just stop already, shame on you! Remember karma is a [lacrosse]! No one placing blame on deleted kid, bottom line is they didn't have possession. When you don't win face offs it is hard to get possession. WM winning with 5:00 min left in game, when they had the ball they didn't capitalize. When Victor had the ball they did capitalize. You CAN NOT blame this game on defense. They kept WM in game to begin with by stopping them after lost possessions. Grow up already and stop. They will come back next year, hopefully be there and bring it home. The end.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better team won.

Already looking for next year?? How bout enjoy the summer lax dad/mom . I'm sure your kids wish the same.

WM
SmithE
SmithW
SachemN
HillsW

Hills West? Lmao........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is WM coach blaming DELETED on loss, WM has not been strong at x all year losing at a higher % down on the Island. I don't believe the deletedeven resulted in fast break scoring opportunities as the kid had no assists or goals. Place the blame where it belongs, defense in the second half. Coach needed to pull those tired and frustrated kids out and make some adjustments. Thats why they lost.

Just stop already, shame on you! Remember karma is a [lacrosse]! No one placing blame on deleted kid, bottom line is they didn't have possession. When you don't win face offs it is hard to get possession. WM winning with 5:00 min left in game, when they had the ball they didn't capitalize. When Victor had the ball they did capitalize. You CAN NOT blame this game on defense. They kept WM in game to begin with by stopping them after lost possessions. Grow up already and stop. They will come back next year, hopefully be there and bring it home. The end.

Well said. Also, for all the upstate D bags or s**t stirrers from LI with negative comments: Victors fans, parents, players and coaches handled themselves with class. Why don't you do the same if your appointing yourself as spokesman for the region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What was Port's JV Team record this year?

I assume 8-0 and no goals scored against....

Played in games against easy teams and blowouts

Port Jv team not good at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was Port's JV Team record this year?

Played in games against easy teams and blowouts.

-----

I assume you mean games where Port got blown out.. Right?

I mean that would make sense.

I do have to give Port credit. Ports Crew Team is top notch. I mean Girls Crew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is port JV team being mentioned here with states going on? we get it you don't like port Washington, now move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played in games against easy teams and blowouts.

-----

I assume you mean games where Port got blown out.. Right?

I mean that would make sense.

I do have to give Port credit. Ports Crew Team is top notch. I mean Girls Crew.

Ok Port's Varsity lost to Syosset and Massapequa by large margins. I would say they were two very good teams. Played a tight 1 to 2 goal game loss to Farmingdale another good team. So I would say they were pretty good. Didn't they also make it to the semi finals in Nassau County big school division losing to the inevitable Nassau Champs Syosset. I would say that's a good season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Port's Varsity lost to Syosset and Massapequa by large margins. I would say they were two very good teams. Played a tight 1 to 2 goal game loss to Farmingdale another good team. So I would say they were pretty good. Didn't they also make it to the semi finals in Nassau County big school division losing to the inevitable Nassau Champs Syosset. I would say that's a good season.

-----------

Port was 8-7 for the season and 4-4 in conference...

Is that ur definition of a good season?

Did you distribute the participation trophies for this stellar season?

I suggest save money on the trophies and get some summer training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they have someone who can DELETED JV kids will be good for years to come on Varsity..everyone will see

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they have someone who can DELETED JV kids will be good for years to come on Varsity..everyone will see

Ok so it seems like you know everything about Port. The JV team went 10-4. That's not bad. Despite horrible nonexistent coaching on JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok so it seems like you know everything about Port. The JV team went 10-4. That's not bad. Despite horrible nonexistent coaching on JV.

--------

Horrible nonexistent coaching... wow!

As you seem to know so much perhaps you should get your whistle out...er I mean ur shine box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American awards up this week, who you got?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't name players LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Horrible nonexistent coaching... !

wouldn't horrible and nonexistent be a contradiction? would they not need to exist to be horrible? you need to write a detailed letter to the AD at Port outlining your complaints and I am sure they will confirm that the coaches do in fact exist and that you sir/madam are a tool -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will they post LI All Americans this week. I thought it didn't come out till July?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will they post LI All Americans this week. I thought it didn't come out till July?

Suffolk awards go out tomorrow night, I believe Nassau as well. It' is at the all county dinner.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Don't name players LOL

Names are listed but if listed on here there will be the faceless attacks on the players . Thats why we prefer names not be listed. If people could just be happy for the kids rather than attack them it would be so much easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL...
1) Hill Academy (Ont.), 11-0

2) McDonogh (Md.), 18-1

3) Bullis (Md.), 21-2

4) Victor (N.Y.), 22-0

5) Darien (Conn.), 23-0

6) Boys’ Latin (Md.), 14-4

7) Gonzaga (D.C.), 19-2

8) Deerfield (Mass.), 15-1

9) Culver Academy (Ind.), 20-3

10) St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Va.), 21-4

11) Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.), 18-1

12) Delbarton (N.J.), 22-2

13) St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), 14-2

14) Ward Melville (N.Y.), 18-4

15) Haverford School (Pa.) 20-5

16) Syosset (N.Y.), 16-3

17) New Canaan (Conn.), 19-4

18) Connetquot (N.Y.), 16-3

19) Smithtown East (N.Y.), 14-3

20) Bridgewater Raritan (N.J.), 19-1

21) Landon (Md.), 17-4

22) Malvern Prep (Pa.), 18-5

23) Calvert Hall (Md.), 14-5

24) Jamesville DeWitt (N.Y.), 21-2

25) IMG National (Fla.), 12-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except that most towns move any decent underclassman to varsity except the better programs. And those are the ones you lost to. Do the math. Average program.

Page 65 of 77 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard