BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 77 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is some feedback. don't have high school coaches on sidelines or have any part in this. If you look at kids who made it to second round. most are from 3 schools. seems alittle odd and suspicious

That sounds more like a recommendation than feedback. You do realize this event is a brilliant money maker for the HS coaches. I'm surprised they don't charge much more to tryout. A bargain compared to UA, with pretty much the same level of colleges coaches watching on the sidelines! And if you haven't realized how biased and political Lax is by now, you will be in for a lot more disappointment down the line. Tell your son to keep practicing, hold his head high, Keep seeking opportunities to showcase his skills, and don't blame others, although I know how badly we want to! Hopefully his time will come! Good luck!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cannot be an adult.

Is this a lacrosse site or a cry baby whine fest site? A simple question, perhaps I don't know anything about and was not able to make it there. Give me a break and a simple or not so simple answer like the others instead of your witty banter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having an older son who has gone through the process and played, it is most definitely fixed for about 80% of the roster. The other 8 to 10 spots are awarded on merit or position availability. Initially it was helpful for the towns with less depth to have some representation in the showcase, but now it's become as corrupt as a Russian election. There is no doubt that there are a lot of talented kids who will make the team, but there is no question that the coaches are playing with a stacked deck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarify "no coaches coaching teams playing"

There were a few teams that had no coach coaching them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some feedback. don't have high school coaches on sidelines or have any part in this. If you look at kids who made it to second round. most are from 3 schools. seems alittle odd and suspicious

this event is run by the high school coaches association, not allowing HS coaches on the sideline would be like saying club coaches should not be allowed on sidelines of their own clubs tryout - this is a great event that they put together to make up for losing the empire team tryouts and they get a ton of college coaches to the event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds more like a recommendation than feedback. You do realize this event is a brilliant money maker for the HS coaches. I'm surprised they don't charge much more to tryout. A bargain compared to UA, with pretty much the same level of colleges coaches watching on the sidelines! And if you haven't realized how biased and political Lax is by now, you will be in for a lot more disappointment down the line. Tell your son to keep practicing, hold his head high, Keep seeking opportunities to showcase his skills, and don't blame others, although I know how badly we want to! Hopefully his time will come! Good luck!

You can tell your kid all the cliche stuff"keep working" "do the right thing" etc but if its a fixed event how can you not tell your kid that also. If he plays a position and does everything right and a player who plays the same position and at the same tryout played horrible yet makes the team/next round because his coach is on the sideline campaigning for him. The kids are at an age where its obvious and it is disappointing to them. Its is very obvious that some coaches have more pull than others. There are also the coaches who will be coaching the final game that get to pull along a few of their undeserving players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this event is run by the high school coaches association, not allowing HS coaches on the sideline would be like saying club coaches should not be allowed on sidelines of their own clubs tryout - this is a great event that they put together to make up for losing the empire team tryouts and they get a ton of college coaches to the event.

If the event was unbiased and players made team on actual tryout rather than coaches and team reputation. I am not saying the team wont be good because there are a ton of talented players yet there were too many kids who shouldnt have been on field and too many who made 2nd round based on coaches pushing them through rather than how they played at tryout. It is a great event that should be held more often but without the bs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can tell your kid all the cliche stuff"keep working" "do the right thing" etc but if its a fixed event how can you not tell your kid that also. If he plays a position and does everything right and a player who plays the same position and at the same tryout played horrible yet makes the team/next round because his coach is on the sideline campaigning for him. The kids are at an age where its obvious and it is disappointing to them. Its is very obvious that some coaches have more pull than others. There are also the coaches who will be coaching the final game that get to pull along a few of their undeserving players.

I agree 100%. Been though this. My son was passed over a number of times after clearly playing better than the kids chosen over him. There was always some shenanigans going on with the evaluators. All I can say is cream will rise to the top, and he is doing fantastic now. Headed to a top school with a scholarship much better than some of the kids who were built up by their coaches. Hang in there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarify "no coaches coaching teams playing"

There were a few teams that had no coach coaching them.

If there was coaches coaching them then you would have the people saying the coach was bias and set things up for the kids he wanted to, or gave some kids more playing time. I thought the kids did a decent job being fair. The biggest issue I saw is that they need to rotate the face off middies. My son (an attacker) was on a team with a kid who won 1 faceoff in 2 games. Needless to say the other teams had the ball 75% of the time. there probably should be some 1 v 1 - 4 v 4 drills so that you can see what kids can do. Then scrimmage for half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds more like a recommendation than feedback. You do realize this event is a brilliant money maker for the HS coaches. I'm surprised they don't charge much more to tryout. A bargain compared to UA, with pretty much the same level of colleges coaches watching on the sidelines! And if you haven't realized how biased and political Lax is by now, you will be in for a lot more disappointment down the line. Tell your son to keep
practicing, hold his head high, Keep seeking opportunities to showcase his skills, and don't blame others, although I know how badly we want to! Hopefully his time will come! Good luck!

I agree 100%. Been though this. My son was passed over a number of times after clearly playing better than the kids chosen over him. There was always some shenanigans going on with the evaluators. All I can say is cream will rise to the top, and he is doing fantastic now. Headed to a top school with a scholarship much better than some of the kids who were built up by their coaches. Hang in there!

Hey guys!!?? This event is no more or less fixed than any of the so called elite cub showcases that kids get pushed into by directors. If you don't play for the right club or high enough team you don't get to go. My son has been to prospect days or tournaments where a kid is wearing a maverick showtime helmet he got when he attended that couldn't play 3rd line midfield on his HS team. They are all political. It's what lacrosse has become.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true and I agree . kids know the drill. no need to explain that politics rule. they know a lot more than they are credited in most cases

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice writing skills. is English a second language?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on what a stupid reply. Some kids haven't committed but yours did and he didn't make final cut, but he's committed. I don't want my kid at 14 to commit to any school just yet. He has time to decide where he needs to go to school as long as the school he picks has the academics he is looking for. Yea there's politics in everything. Why would he go if he's committed like you said. Good for your son because he's one of the 14 year old kids that is going to a school of his choice that has what he is looking for right. I'm happy for him and wish him luck. My kid has no idea what he wants to do just yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's because a few big schools had alot of players at the tryouts. I think the kids did a great job. They should all be proud of themselves. We know it works but let's not take anything away from the kids. Great job boys keep up the good work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds more like a recommendation than feedback. You do realize this event is a brilliant money maker for the HS coaches. I'm surprised they don't charge much more to tryout. A bargain compared to UA, with pretty much the same level of colleges coaches watching on the sidelines! And if you haven't realized how biased and political Lax is by now, you will be in for a lot more disappointment down the line. Tell your son to keep
practicing, hold his head high, Keep seeking opportunities to showcase his skills, and don't blame others, although I know how badly we want to! Hopefully his time will come! Good luck!

Hey guys!!?? This event is no more or less fixed than any of the so called elite cub showcases that kids get pushed into by directors. If you don't play for the right club or high enough team you don't get to go. My son has been to prospect days or tournaments where a kid is wearing a maverick showtime helmet he got when he attended that couldn't play 3rd line midfield on his HS team. They are all political. It's what lacrosse has become.

Events like this have always been political. If this site existed back when the Empire team was the be-all-end-all, we'd be complaining about the same stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. I know a few of those kids and a few of them started on their school varsity team so don't knock all the kids. They all did a good job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey no one is knocking the kids, just the process. It can not be denied that a number of kids who made it to the 2nd round were pushed along by their coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any early predictions for Nassau A for 2017?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What process is perfect? It's a bargain compared to the Express and 91 run showcases. For a initial tryout, I was impressed by the number of coaches in attendance. Towns that typically dominate high school lacrosse appear to have more kids make it through - seems like it makes sense to me. I am not naive - I know there are politics involved but not sure if it is any worse then elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not hard to predict a 3 horse race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's ur 3rd horse ? LoL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I predict that Massapequa will be vilified on BOTC for having their houses too close together and one poster will go on and on about watching out for Port because their fifth grade has a pretty good attack and should be starting on varsity while Syosset coach should be tar and feathered and the parents are rude to the clerk in the bagel store-

1) Mass
2) Syo
3)
4)
5)
6)
7) Farm
8)
9) Port
10) everybody else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's ur 3rd horse ? LoL

Port has to be considered up there ..hard to put any goals in against them starting next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no! Quick put a face on WM! That right there spells trouble for them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's ur 3rd horse ? LoL

Port has to be considered up there ..hard to put any goals in against them starting next year

yesDELETED..lol idiot

I see you are taking about yourself again.. Idiot is mild.. I would call you a bonafide [lacrosse]!!!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No references to players allowed!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone really put an individual's name down

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Did someone really put an individual's name down

Basically, yes. Jealous loser. The sad thing is that it was a so called adult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH on fire up in Middletown.

half time 10-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I predict that Massapequa will be vilified on BOTC for having their houses too close together and one poster will go on and on about watching out for Port because their fifth grade has a pretty good attack and should be starting on varsity while Syosset coach should be tar and feathered and the parents are rude to the clerk in the bagel store-

1) Mass
2) Syo
3)
4)
5)
6)
7) Farm
8)
9) Port
10) everybody else

Best post of the month, thanks for the laugh. You pretty much covered it all perfectly but believe you mixed up your Port prediction. It's the deleted this person seems to be going on and on about . They're already at it.... Seems like Young Ones dad can't stop chirping.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If silly posts on BOTC were goals, Port would be NYS Champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was Port's JV Team record this year?

I assume 8-0 and no goals scored against....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If silly posts on BOTC were goals, Port would be NYS Champs.

Over Syosset? Syosset would win if we considered just the Chaminade thread alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 3
Victor 1

Half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Victor wins it 7-5. All club team players for Sweetlax. This is there 43rd consecutive win. Great game and great run for WM!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Victor wins 7-5. Repeat as state champions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no! Quick put a face on WM! That right there spells trouble for them!

Told you.....an omen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor won with incompetent officials. Watch the replay calls were terrible. WM played an awesome game despite the bad officiating holding victor to 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Victor won with incompetent officials. Watch the replay calls were terrible. WM played an awesome game despite the bad officiating holding victor to 7.

Here we go with the excuses! You lost to the better team, be gracious and get over it! After all, you blew a 3-0 lead. You were lucky to get off LI in the first place, as most of your wins were by 1 or against the better teams. Be happy with what you achieved even though it didn't result in any hardware. There's always next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was Port's JV Team record this year?

I assume 8-0 and no goals scored against....

Kid was on Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Victor wins 7-5. Repeat as state champions.

Here we go with the excuses! You lost to the better team, be gracious and get over it! After all, you blew a 3-0 lead. You were lucky to get off LI in the first place, as most of your wins were by 1 or against the better teams. Be happy with what you achieved even though it didn't result in any hardware. There's always next year! [/quote

Tied. In 4th WM face off kid. Clearly gets tripped. Somehow tweed pediment calls possession to victor who commas down to score. Total momentum chaNger. Not makings excuses. Stating the facts. Cower than victor liked but this hey liked but had some help for. She ok men in stripes.

Page 64 of 77 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard