BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 327 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares!?!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Carol Rose apologized publicly yet for her club's thuggish play at the U15 tournament? Doing so would be a big step in squashing this controversy, as well as rehabilitating the Yellow Jacket's public image.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has Carol Rose apologized publicly yet for her club's thuggish play at the U15 tournament? Doing so would be a big step in squashing this controversy, as well as rehabilitating the Yellow Jacket's public image.

Can't apologize for something that didn't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What purpose does this type nonsense serve

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep sticking your head in the sand. Everyone in the lacrosse world either saw or has heard about your numerous yellow cards and thuggish play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is in the Caymen Islands stashing all this summers cash take!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you apologized for your stupidity? Some of you really need to get a life. If you do not see that other teams have aggressive girls than you are living in lala land. My daughter plays for a younger yj team and has been hit in the hands, face, back of the head and tripped numerous times. Of course you get mad when it happens and you yell like every parent should when their child gets hurt. When the game is over, it is over. You tell your kid that it wasn't right but they have to work harder and play better the next time. Stop giving your kids excuses to fail. Give them knowledge and confidence and they will go far. You are only stopping them from reaching their potential. It's amazing what kids can do when you believe in them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

The 1st problem with the 2015 Blue is they have 2 or 3 girls that play to run over and intimidate the opposing players.
# 2 is that the two coaches seem to ignore the chippy play because it works. The way it will stop it is when an opposing player targets one of the coaches kids or just retaliates and trust me it will end. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

This is the problem. People will actually beleive the BS being posted on here and tell their kids to "Target" another child. It was only a matter of time until someone wrote something this dumb! Exactly why you shouldn't have discussions regarding 14 year old girls in a forum like this. Real productive! Great solution buddy! You should be proud of yourself! and the YJ are thugs! comical

I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence IMNSHO.

I'm going to split hairs and assert that the first poster referenced above did not advocate targeting the girls but stated that perhaps that would be the only thing to stop the cheap shots. I certainly hope no one targets anyone, including YJ's targeting the opposing team when they possess the ball.

It is wrong that the whole YJ club is getting tarred with the same brush as 2015 Blue LM, but I think if that particular team actually addressed what has been going on, or if the YJ org actually addressed it, if anyone actually OWNED the problem, then people would simmer down. Instead we hear a lot of denials and chest-beating from the YJ parents about how we're all just jealous haters. We are not, we are just parents who don't want our kids getting hurt by a team that operates outside the rules of good play.

It has been my experience that no one ever wants to play 2015 Blue LM, not "because they're unbeatable" but because the likelihood of injury is so great. That goes across club lines and outside of LI teams. No other team has that reputation of bringing the hurt. No other team has engendered so much antipathy. People want it addressed and ended. I believe US Lacrosse has been called on to address it, hence the tight calls at the U15 Nationals.

forgive me if i am wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was posting how good and dominant the 2015's were last year in the fall tournament in NJ? No metion of any out of control play! just saying [/quote]

She is a girl- its Ms powderfinger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you apologized for your stupidity? Some of you really need to get a life. If you do not see that other teams have aggressive girls than you are living in lala land. My daughter plays for a younger yj team and has been hit in the hands, face, back of the head and tripped numerous times. Of course you get mad when it happens and you yell like every parent should when their child gets hurt. When the game is over, it is over. You tell your kid that it wasn't right but they have to work harder and play better the next time. Stop giving your kids excuses to fail. Give them knowledge and confidence and they will go far. You are only stopping them from reaching their potential. It's amazing what kids can do when you believe in them.
Unfortunately your daughter and her team are taking the brunt of 2015 L/M's reputation. Now everyone will play the Y.J. in a rougher manner because of what that team has done, and because no one from the organization will address the problem so every other team will protect themselves by playing you harder weather your team does it or not. It is how the entire organization is perceived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

The 1st problem with the 2015 Blue is they have 2 or 3 girls that play to run over and intimidate the opposing players.
# 2 is that the two coaches seem to ignore the chippy play because it works. The way it will stop it is when an opposing player targets one of the coaches kids or just retaliates and trust me it will end. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

This is the problem. People will actually beleive the BS being posted on here and tell their kids to "Target" another child. It was only a matter of time until someone wrote something this dumb! Exactly why you shouldn't have discussions regarding 14 year old girls in a forum like this. Real productive! Great solution buddy! You should be proud of yourself! and the YJ are thugs! comical

I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence IMNSHO.

I'm going to split hairs and assert that the first poster referenced above did not advocate targeting the girls but stated that perhaps that would be the only thing to stop the cheap shots. I certainly hope no one targets anyone, including YJ's targeting the opposing team when they possess the ball.

It is wrong that the whole YJ club is getting tarred with the same brush as 2015 Blue LM, but I think if that particular team actually addressed what has been going on, or if the YJ org actually addressed it, if anyone actually OWNED the problem, then people would simmer down. Instead we hear a lot of denials and chest-beating from the YJ parents about how we're all just jealous haters. We are not, we are just parents who don't want our kids getting hurt by a team that operates outside the rules of good play.

It has been my experience that no one ever wants to play 2015 Blue LM, not "because they're unbeatable" but because the likelihood of injury is so great. That goes across club lines and outside of LI teams. No other team has that reputation of bringing the hurt. No other team has engendered so much antipathy. People want it addressed and ended. I believe US Lacrosse has been called on to address it, hence the tight calls at the U15 Nationals.

forgive me if i am wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was posting how good and dominant the 2015's were last year in the fall tournament in NJ? No metion of any out of control play! just saying

She is a girl- its Ms powderfinger [/quote]I can tell you without question it was not Powdrefinger because it was i that made that post. I was also the person that before this season said that things might change, I also was the person that said every other team has caught up to the Y.J. 2015 L/M this year because that team had a lot of girls on varsity teams while still in Middle School and now that Freshman have made varsity teams they have become equal.
I am now the person stating that your Organization has failed your girls by talking them up at every chance and not teaching them that losing isn't indicative of failure. Your the first to complain that your girls read this blog when something negative is posted, but forget that while you were bragging and pounding your chest about how they have gone 3 years without a loss, and how unbeatable they WERE, they were reading that too, and that must have put tremendous pressure on them, and when the loosing started they didn't know how to handle it with dignity and grace, so to try to not disappoint mommy and daddy, and coaches L/M, they started panicking and played outside the lines to make up for the fact that they are not that dominate any more. SO ..... congratulations your boasting and chest pounding has served your daughters well, Like I have stated before, you parents are as guilty for the injuries as the girls are. Learn some humility, then teach it to your girls

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

forgive me if i am wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was posting how good and dominant the 2015's were last year in the fall tournament in NJ? No metion of any out of control play! just saying

Nope, not me. I've never said that sort of thing on BOTC. I was never at a fall tourn in NJ either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately your daughter and her team are taking the brunt of 2015 L/M's reputation. Now everyone will play the Y.J. in a rougher manner because of what that team has done, and because no one from the organization will address the problem so every other team will protect themselves by playing you harder weather your team does it or not. It is how the entire organization is perceived.

So scary,are you saying your kids do not play as hard as they can every game and will now only save that for YJ teams? Hopefully that is the case because they welcome the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence.

Do not have a dog in this fight, matter of fact not very familiar with women's lacrosse.With that being said are you saying that one team is responsible for all the injuries on the east coast at a certain age group.Seems far fetched to me,I watched the girls NCAA semi finals at Stonybrook and must say the girls were more aggressive then I thought and the refs allowed more body contact then I thought.Does the high school girls game have different rules then the college game, allowing for more aggressive play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So scary,are you saying your kids do not play as hard as they can every game and will now only save that for YJ teams? Hopefully that is the case because they welcome the competition.

YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! it's a game played by young girls get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you're concerned about the image because...
I mean really, what would you complain about next. She makes too much money, thugs, time to move on people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has been a YJ for the past 6 years- 2014. Most of what I have read here is nonsense - no one knows who is posting what so in turns into a thread full of stories. I have seen bits and pieces of a 2015 game- never saw anything that would be considered out of the norm for girls lacrosse. My team has never had a problem with any other team in the travel circuit. Every team we have played against played us hard- they want to win.my daughter has played in dirtier games on the varsity level. Players are smart and when they know the ref is not looking they do dirty stuff- this has been going on for years- nothing new. Let the girls play, let the refs do their job and if a team is as bad as some posters say then I'm sure they would have been banned from tournaments. This has not been the case thus far- not even a player has been banned so that tells me a lot of what is being posted may not be true. If everyone stayed on their own threads it would make for a more pleasant reading experience. All the Yj parents should not even respond to the posts and then the haters will go away. Have a great day and it's on to soccer for now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there was ever any doubt that the YJ program has become of bunch of thugs, you need not look any farther than the pitiful comments posted here by parents of YJ players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I simply don't understand why people think that a parent with a child on Yellow Jackets Gold 2018 (or whoever) should be after the director about something that happened on a 2015 team. If my daughter is on the middle school team should I be going after the Varsity Coach? If my son is playing travel U11 soccer should I be going after the board about something that happened in a U16 girls game? If you ansered yes to the above, I think you're a little too involved. I worry about my daughter's team and all is fine there. No goonery. No lunacy. Just the way we like it. If other teams are going to take it out on them (and let me add that I seriously doubt it) then they have become the thugs you preach about. They will no longer be able to consider themselves to be held to the higher standard that they preach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No what I said is that all teams will play a little rougher against the yellow jackets, You yellow jackets can't seem to separate rough play from playing hard and thats the problem, so you obviously fit into the yellow jacket mold and I'm sure they will be discussing how dirty your daughter is one day soon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence.

Do not have a dog in this fight, matter of fact not very familiar with women's lacrosse.With that being said are you saying that one team is responsible for all the injuries on the east coast at a certain age group.Seems far fetched to me,I watched the girls NCAA semi finals at Stonybrook and must say the girls were more aggressive then I thought and the refs allowed more body contact then I thought.Does the high school girls game have different rules then the college game, allowing for more aggressive play?

If your not familiar with the girls game why are you at the women's championship game. And why are you on this thread all the time. We know this cause you misuse the word "then" when it should be "than" all the time. You DO have a dog in this fight just have the coconuts to admit it. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you're concerned about the image because...
I mean really, what would you complain about next. She makes too much money, thugs, time to move on people

Do you admit ANY of the many stories of their play are true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I simply don't understand why people think that a parent with a child on Yellow Jackets Gold 2018 (or whoever) should be after the director about something that happened on a 2015 team. If my daughter is on the middle school team should I be going after the Varsity Coach? If my son is playing travel U11 soccer should I be going after the board about something that happened in a U16 girls game? If you ansered yes to the above, I think you're a little too involved. I worry about my daughter's team and all is fine there. No goonery. No lunacy. Just the way we like it. If other teams are going to take it out on them (and let me add that I seriously doubt it) then they have become the thugs you preach about. They will no longer be able to consider themselves to be held to the higher standard that they preach.

My daughter's team faced two YJ 2018 teams. Both played very rough, bordering on goonish. So it's not just a 2015 problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there was ever any doubt that the YJ program has become of bunch of thugs, you need not look any farther than the pitiful comments posted here by parents of YJ players.

You have no idea who is even posting it is all anonymous. What makes you think it is YJ parents- could be the same old sh**t stirrers thatwe have on many teams and not just lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your not familiar with the girls game why are you at the women's championship game. And why are you on this thread all the time. We know this cause you misuse the word "then" when it should be "than" all the time. You DO have a dog in this fight just have the coconuts to admit it. Lol

You may want to use question marks at the end of your questions. At NCAA games because we live near the University and have a 2 grader who is starting the game.Not familiar with the game because it is not played in my home country .Anytime you would like to compare education levels I will gladly do so although I will give you the edge in punctuation and grammar if it makes you feel better.I will take a guess that you were picked on a lot in school and now take great pleasure in correcting people on this site from the safety of your anonymity .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to use question marks at the end of your questions. At NCAA games because we live near the University and have a 2 grader who is starting the game.Not familiar with the game because it is not played in my home country .Anytime you would like to compare education levels I will gladly do so although I will give you the edge in punctuation and grammar if it makes you feel better.I will take a guess that you were picked on a lot in school and now take great pleasure in correcting people on this site from the safety of your anonymity .

No I was not picked on but thank you for the concern. And your education level seems to drop throughout your post culminating in your wize guy anonymity comment. I say that as it seems you are posting anonymously as well. Besides I am fairly confident a foreigner from Stony Brook who happens to be an educator is an easily beaten opponent. Now....what sport from your home country are you familiar with so possibly someone can help you understand the rules. That is if your personal description is all BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has been a YJ for the past 6 years- 2014. Most of what I have read here is nonsense - no one knows who is posting what so in turns into a thread full of stories. I have seen bits and pieces of a 2015 game- never saw anything that would be considered out of the norm for girls lacrosse. My team has never had a problem with any other team in the travel circuit. Every team we have played against played us hard- they want to win.my daughter has played in dirtier games on the varsity level. Players are smart and when they know the ref is not looking they do dirty stuff- this has been going on for years- nothing new. Let the girls play, let the refs do their job and if a team is as bad as some posters say then I'm sure they would have been banned from tournaments. This has not been the case thus far- not even a player has been banned so that tells me a lot of what is being posted may not be true. If everyone stayed on their own threads it would make for a more pleasant reading experience. All the Yj parents should not even respond to the posts and then the haters will go away. Have a great day and it's on to soccer for now!

Great post ,YJ parents should take this advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's "you're" not "your" - if you're going to correct someone else's grammar, at least get your own right. "LOL"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just ranted against a non yj parent. You do realize this. I HOPE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's "you're" not "your" - if you're going to correct someone else's grammar, at least get your own right. "LOL"

If you are responding to the guy who is talking about the Stonybrook poster - you ar wrong. No where was the word your used when it should have been you're. I hope you are not educating our kids at a college level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I was not picked on but thank you for the concern. And your education level seems to drop throughout your post culminating in your wize guy anonymity comment. I say that as it seems you are posting anonymously as well. Besides I am fairly confident a foreigner from Stony Brook who happens to be an educator is an easily beaten opponent. Now....what sport from your home country are you familiar with so possibly someone can help you understand the rules. That is if your personal description is all BS.

I may have issues with punctuation etc. but your issues seem to be with comprehension. Why assume I am an educator? I will make the assumption again that you were picked on in school and have a resentment of athletes. I will further make the assumption that you have never had the coconuts to confront these bullies in person.I am sorry you feel so helpless and now feel the need to talk about young athletic girls the way you wished you had when you were picked on.I have some friends that could help with your obsessive compulsive disorder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha....no it's not you moron! You're means you are...as in you are an idiot. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha....no it's not you moron! You're means you are...as in you are an idiot. Lol

Do you see wiy some people can't stand the YJ's? Everything comes down to I'm better than you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If your not familiar with the girls game ..." should be "If you are not familiar ..." or "you're" - that's what I was referring to. Based on the 2 responses, I'm obviously not educating anybody and would rather talk about lax, but it stood out because he was correcting then vs. than.

To lower myself to the level of some of these posts, "he started it!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are as classless on this board as they are on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If your not familiar with the girls game ..." should be "If you are not familiar ..." or "you're" - that's what I was referring to. Based on the 2 responses, I'm obviously not educating anybody and would rather talk about lax, but it stood out because he was correcting then vs. than.

To lower myself to the level of some of these posts, "he started it!"

Awesome,so funny when you make the punctuation police eat crow.Where is Mr.Smarty pants now, got to be embarrassing.Keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I resemble that remark !! Groucho Marxs. Lighten up everyone. These jokers are playing some posters like a piano.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now honestly, This guy is really obnoxious and nasty. Can't I get 1 yellow Jacket parent to agree with me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now honestly, This guy is really obnoxious and nasty. Can't I get 1 yellow Jacket parent to agree with me?

I know you are. Or is that you're! Hahaha aha. Lighten up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I may have issues with punctuation etc. but your issues seem to be with comprehension. Why assume I am an educator? I will make the assumption again that you were picked on in school and have a resentment of athletes. I will further make the assumption that you have never had the coconuts to confront these bullies in person.I am sorry you feel so helpless and now feel the need to talk about young athletic girls the way you wished you had when you were picked on.I have some friends that could help with your obsessive compulsive disorder.

Don't assume because you make an [lacrosse]....you know the rest. Nice try attempting to rank on me. Unfortunately you and your psychologist friend are the geeks needing a whooping. Bring it on Nancy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter's team faced two YJ 2018 teams. Both played very rough, bordering on goonish. So it's not just a 2015 problem.

How are the 2018 teams rough? Are you mad because you lost?

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 327 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard