BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 77 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program.

..... and that's why I don't live in Manhasset. Not because of the coach, because of you!

Really? That's the only reason?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program.

..... and that's why I don't live in Manhasset. Not because of the coach, because of you!
I wish I had the chance to live in 'set and have my kid coached by the hand picked successor of the guru. Why would you want your kid coached by anyone els? I could only imagine it's because you over estimate the ability of your son. And that goes for th girls program also. One thing I deduct from the oppositions posts, none of them are from, or know the history of the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4-3 WM end of 1st

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7-4 half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16-6 WM to the final

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7-4 half

Any update?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7-4 half

Congtats to Ward Melville. Make Long Island Proud!!!! Good luck in States

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I had the chance to live in 'set and have my kid coached by the hand picked successor of the guru. Why would you want your kid coached by anyone els? I could only imagine it's because you over estimate the ability of your son. And that goes for th girls program also. One thing I deduct from the oppositions posts, none of them are from, or know the history of the program.

I lived in Manhasset and was always laughing internally at the crap that floated around periphery of the lacrosse programs. Some of the biggest sideline geniuses, and critics of coaching decisions, never saw a lacrosse stick before they moved into the town. Guys who couldn't catch and throw with a lacrosse stick were more than willing to share them opinions on how the man-up offense should be run, or the need to go to two poles on the wings to make up for a weak FOGO......
And on the girls side it was even funnier. Their coach is in every Hall of Fame she has been eligible for (HS, College, Long Island, US National). She's played on something like 4 World Cup teams. She's coach at the collegiate level. But half the town ran around saying she doesn't know what she's doing. Granted this was a few years ago, and maybe it's changed, but Gallagher was in the crosshairs of a whole bunch of people who didn't like the fact that she didn't quite see the greatness in their bratty kid who hated to practice. And just like the men, it was often coming from women who maybe never participated in an athletic contest other than a tennis match. But, noooooo, they knew as much about lacrosse as D. Gallagher.
Funny stuff.

So, as to the guy who keeps complaining about the coaching at Manhasset I say this........send your kid to Chaminade and see if he gets any playing time there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a 'Back of the Alley' for him to complain about the bowling coach?

Give it a rest already. Maybe have your son switch to bowling and avoid all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest already. Maybe have your son switch to bowling and avoid all this.

Obviously you haven't seen how the bowling coach rolls! Spare me!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

any more bowling puns and I am going to have to split - this whole thread is in the gutter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE [/quote]

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program. [/quote]

[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

any more bowling puns and I am going to have to split - this whole thread is in the gutter [/quote]

You gonna go on strike?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in Manhasset and do not have a son on the varsity team. It is easy to sit back and be critical of coaching and second guess every move that doesn't work. Some of the criticism of the coach is probably valid but a lot of it is unfair. It is likely that most of it is coming from people who never coached a meaningful game in their life. The coach probably overplayed his son and a couple of his son's close friends but if you are not at practice every day then you are not in a position to discuss who should be playing. The spot where he really went wrong was bringing his 9th grade son (who did not start on JV) up to varsity for the playoffs and then actually playing him in the first playoff game. That decision took playing time away from juniors and seniors who practiced and worked all year. That moves makes you question his judgment and makes you wonder about the other playing time accusations. It makes me think that those accusations are probably accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would never be my approach you Turkey!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about manhasset lacrosse enough is enough. Let's talk sec11 Suffolk best Lax in the country hands down !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about manhasset lacrosse enough is enough. Let's talk sec11 Suffolk best Lax in the country hands down !!

Ok relax with that, plenty of great lacrosse other places. Good lacrosse to be sure, but lets not get crazy with the best in the country nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, you may not want or like to hear it but that guy is right. From top to bottom Sect 11 Suffolk is very good. There are a few teams bunched together but they end up playing alot outside there leagues and sometimes out of state. Where as Sec 11 plays 2 non- conference games and the rest in sec 11.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to join this Section 11 BRO-FEST so I will make it brief. My son plays class A Nassau and wish we played in that conference. There are 3 or 4 really good teams However, a lot of soft games that don't help anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very rarely do the teams in Section 11 go off Long Island so its hard to gauge where they really stack up against the rest of the country. Yes there are 4-5 good teams in Suffolk A, but thats about it after that its mediocrity. However if you take Long Island as a whole it probably is the most competitive lacrosse in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is WM good enough to beat Victor? Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Victor is good yet has not seen the consistent competition that WM has played. WM battle tested and have the edge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A- victor
B- Yorktown
C- cold spring

no brainers...nassau only LI team to come out with anything.
Everyone is all hung up on big boy suffolk....well they haven't showed up in the states in a couple of years and won't this year either. Smithtown east ??? talk of them as best team in country before season. stop already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not say best in country. However WM will beat Victor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way 2007 West islip,2008 West Gen,2009 West Islip,2010 West Islip, 2011 Farmingdale almost Suffolk,2012 West Islip,2013 Ward Melville,2014 Massapequa, 2015 Niskayuna. The " no brainer" is a knuckle-head like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk big boys....2013 is a couple of years from 2016....your the knuckle head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any feedback on the all Nassau/all Suffolk tryouts going on for 2017, 2018 & 2019? Thoughts/pros and cons?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cannot be an adult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no dog in the fight, but WM defense seems too tough for anyone to deny that team. i would be surprised if they dont win it all, again not a WM parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any feedback on the all Nassau/all Suffolk tryouts going on for 2017, 2018 & 2019? Thoughts/pros and cons?

Joke. Too many kids, too many kids who shouldn't have been on field. No coaches coaching teams playing. Kids are moved to next round because of their coaches not their play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect to see coaches from every college in the Country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no dog in the fight, but WM defense seems too tough for anyone to deny that team. i would be surprised if they dont win it all, again not a WM parent

Ward Melville has changed and improved dramatically throughout the season and they are playing very well right now. Not sure if they had players come back from injuries or just switched up some of the players. In any event they are a very different team than the one that lost to Connetquat, Smithtown West and West Ialip during the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke. Too many kids, too many kids who shouldn't have been on field. No coaches coaching teams playing. Kids are moved to next round because of their coaches not their play.

That is a very good recap and absolutely accurate. It's a shame the coaches ousted some of those kids through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarify "no coaches coaching teams playing"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son made it to second round last year on skill. Could not make final team. Did not have any political pull. Funny thing though, most of the kids that made it at his position last year are still not committed, yet he is... That should tell you everything you need to know. BTW, he blew it off this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarify "no coaches coaching teams playing"

I didn't see much coaching, only them asking if everyone got in.. As well as telling the kids, make sure you rotate in.. Didn't see much "team play", only kids trying to drive through 3 people to get a shot off, except for the team made up of kids with the same travel team helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have the right helmet on to advance. "Evaluators" push their players to the next round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some feedback. don't have high school coaches on sidelines or have any part in this. If you look at kids who made it to second round. most are from 3 schools. seems alittle odd and suspicious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some feedback. don't have high school coaches on sidelines or have any part in this. If you look at kids who made it to second round. most are from 3 schools. seems alittle odd and suspicious

And all the other coaches got one or two kids to advance. None will make team.

Top 20 will look pretty good playing against B players !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have the right helmet on to advance. "Evaluators" push their players to the next round.

I definitely agree with that statement. I think each evaluator was allowed to "hold" a position for one of their own players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville has changed and improved dramatically throughout the season and they are playing very well right now. Not sure if they had players come back from injuries or just switched up some of the players. In any event they are a very different team than the one that lost to Connetquat, Smithtown West and West Ialip during the year.

Full disclosure, I am biased as mine plays for WM. They are definitely playing at a different level than they did on a cold day in April against Quot and WI. SMW game was just a total fluke as I cant even remember a lax game ever with a score of 3-1.

The biggest difference is that the offensive shots are on cage a much higher percentage of the time.

If our keeper plays to the same level and our FO guys go better than 50%, WM by three... But, Victor apparently has their fair share of studs at multiple positions including keeper and FO.

time will tell, should be fun in any event...

Today, WM just looks strong and confident.

Page 63 of 77 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard