BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 08:51 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:54 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:44 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 06:41 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:09 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,057
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 165 of 205 1 2 163 164 165 166 167 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: meco24] #169236
06/08/16 10:37 AM
06/08/16 10:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by meco24
Originally Posted by Anonymous
could the moderator enlighten us to how many people are ranting against the Manhasset coach? My guess is one little man/boy with whistle envy that keeps quoting himself to make it seem like others are joining in. I only say this because I have done the same thing a few times, actually had an argument with myself that I lost, but I really tried to capture the spirit of the thing


The pessimist loses arguments against himself.
The optimist wins arguments against himself.


I only lost the argument because I was able to convince myself that I was wrong

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169240
06/08/16 10:49 AM
06/08/16 10:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it's pretty safe to say that just about every high school team in the nation has at least one parent that would love to anonymously rail against their coach. And while they can argue about coaching style, X's and O's, temperament or any other topic, it usually boils down to one thing. Playing time. And when their child doesn't get much, we here about the weather, playing conditions, lack of developing players or any other nonsense a parent can come up with. Like I always say, grab a whistle and throw your hat in the ring. Then we would see just how many anonymous comments people make about you.
Is the above poster's points have any merit? Nepotism?


Nepotism? redundancy? we get it, you think that your kid didn't play because of nepotism - can we move on? could it be that he didn't play because he bought his frickin' toys with him?


Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #169314
06/08/16 04:19 PM
06/08/16 04:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #169317
06/08/16 04:26 PM
06/08/16 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



So what did everyone think of the tryouts for the Nassau Suffolk game teams.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169319
06/08/16 04:32 PM
06/08/16 04:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Aren't the semis upstate?

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169321
06/08/16 04:38 PM
06/08/16 04:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what did everyone think of the tryouts for the Nassau Suffolk game teams.


as always too many kids, as DD would say "I have been to street fights that are better organized" but it is open to anybody that wants to pay so it is what it is, I think the first round is usually by reputation as much as by play at the actual tryout and the event gets better in the final 40's and then it is all worth it if you make the actual game which is an awesome event for the kids ......IMHO

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169322
06/08/16 04:41 PM
06/08/16 04:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Aren't the semis upstate?


Semi's for downstate region. Then move to Middleton after tonight.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169323
06/08/16 04:45 PM
06/08/16 04:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?


first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169326
06/08/16 04:56 PM
06/08/16 04:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169327
06/08/16 04:58 PM
06/08/16 04:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?


first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late


Thank you, sounds like great game.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169333
06/08/16 05:10 PM
06/08/16 05:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Aren't the semis upstate?


Semi's for downstate region. Then move to Middleton after tonight.


The games tonight are the semi final games. The finals are Saturday in Middletown. The other semis are being held in Cicero up near Syracuse.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169338
06/08/16 05:55 PM
06/08/16 05:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?


first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late


Thank you, sounds like great game.


final Yorktown 7 - SWR 6

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #169339
06/08/16 06:00 PM
06/08/16 06:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



SWR out!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169340
06/08/16 06:00 PM
06/08/16 06:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.


because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #169342
06/08/16 06:07 PM
06/08/16 06:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
NY
T
TommyM Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
NY
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?


first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late


Thank you, sounds like great game.


final Yorktown 7 - SWR 6


Was a good and close game.

Page 165 of 205 1 2 163 164 165 166 167 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1