BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 77 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So, what's the outlook for Manhasset and Syosset next year? I know Manhasset has their two best attack from this year coming back and only a couple of losses at middie. Defense I think loses two Senior starters but all else is in tact. Can they make a big run next year? Braves bringing back a lot?

Sets run will be determined by how well they run "the system". Which was a bit easier to crack than the secret formula for Coca Cola, When Horses>coaching=Good run, when "horses= or<coaching=early exit. When they win coaches take credit and talk up then"system", when they lose blame kids and club lax, unless of course the kids played for 32 and same coaches all summer as well, then blame early recruiting and the committed kids.

Are you from Manhasset? Why the dislike for coaches

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, what's the outlook for Manhasset and Syosset next year? I know Manhasset has their two best attack from this year coming back and only a couple of losses at middie. Defense I think loses two Senior starters but all else is in tact. Can they make a big run next year? Braves bringing back a lot?

Sets run will be determined by how well they run "the system". Which was a bit easier to crack than the secret formula for Coca Cola, When Horses>coaching=Good run, when "horses= or<coaching=early exit. When they win coaches take credit and talk up then"system", when they lose blame kids and club lax, unless of course the kids played for 32 and same coaches all summer as well, then blame early recruiting and the committed kids.

Please do not tell me that coaches are still carrying on about club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see...I REST MY CASE. ENjoy your summer break GC UBER DAD...

"Originally Posted By: Anonymous
The comment about how nice the GC parents are was written by a GC parent. Its obvious...please...

Why, because your a jerkoff who cant understand that in the end it's only a game, or are so tarnished and negative that you simply can't get it. Your kids must be so happy living under your roof of negativity and anger, see someone about it and save them please."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MANHASSET has No leadership for the team because the players don't respect the coach who cared about one thing: PROMOTING FAMILY AND FRIENDS ONLY and not about the rest of the hard working highly skilled players who HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES. Even though this was well known and exhibited, the extreme nature is shocking. If you really need to promote only friends and family that badly mix them in!

Unless they are star players, they should not be playing every game 98%+ of the time with negligible production

they should not be receiving athletic awards with financial benefits

they should not be walking at practice while their teammates vomit

and they should not be missing practice for side jobs

The degree of hatred and disgust about Manhasset town, team and players is unbelievable. Supporters of this coach are far and few between but the posters here that are either him or supporters of him make it clear that they despise the town, the parents and the players. What does that say? Time to resign!

If the supporters of this coach/and the coach feel that the players are:

"self centered over hyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up"

and

"punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen"

and

" Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot"

MANHASSET NEEDS A NEW COACH WHO LOVES THE TOWN AND THE PLAYERS

NO MORE BULLYING and VERBAL ABUSE

NO MORE HATRED

NO MORE NEPOTISM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see...I REST MY CASE. ENjoy your summer break GC UBER DAD...

"Originally Posted By: Anonymous
The comment about how nice the GC parents are was written by a GC parent. Its obvious...please...

Why, because your a jerkoff who cant understand that in the end it's only a game, or are so tarnished and negative that you simply can't get it. Your kids must be so happy living under your roof of negativity and anger, see someone about it and save them please."

\Enjoy the anger management classes with your son psycho Manhasset dad. Hey on a high note maybe you'll have Charlie Sheen as your counselor.....I REST MY CASE!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MANHASSET has No leadership for the team because the players don't respect the coach who cared about one thing: PROMOTING FAMILY AND FRIENDS ONLY and not about the rest of the hard working highly skilled players who HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES. Even though this was well known and exhibited, the extreme nature is shocking. If you really need to promote only friends and family that badly mix them in!

Unless they are star players, they should not be playing every game 98%+ of the time with negligible production

The degree of hatred and disgust about Manhasset town, team and players is unbelievable. Supporters of this coach are far and few between but the posters here that are either him or supporters of him make it clear that they despise the town, the parents and the players. What does that say? Time to resign!

"self centered over hyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up"

and

"punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen"

and

" Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot"

NO MORE HATRED

NO MORE NEPOTISM

very compelling reading....i looked it up. 4 players with 250+ points...no other meaningful production. takes a team to win. Coach can't get it done with those boys? me thinks you need a new coach. wish our town had those 4 players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and

and

NO MORE HATRED

NO MORE NEPOTISM

Pretty sure BOTC anonymous postings are NOT going to have the desired result. But you could present your arguments to the school board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and

and

NO MORE HATRED

NO MORE NEPOTISM

very compelling reading....i looked it up. 4 players with 250+ points...no other meaningful production. takes a team to win. Coach can't get it done with those boys? me thinks you need a new coach. wish our town had those 4 players

The great majority of those points against terrible competition. Those 4 came up small in the biggest moments in the toughest games against Darien, CSH and GC twice. Coach can't win without the kids producing in the biggest spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could the moderator enlighten us to how many people are ranting against the Manhasset coach? My guess is one little man/boy with whistle envy that keeps quoting himself to make it seem like others are joining in. I only say this because I have done the same thing a few times, actually had an argument with myself that I lost, but I really tried to capture the spirit of the thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about Lakeland? Is WM going to breeze past them or could this be a tight game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
could the moderator enlighten us to how many people are ranting against the Manhasset coach? My guess is one little man/boy with whistle envy that keeps quoting himself to make it seem like others are joining in. I only say this because I have done the same thing a few times, actually had an argument with myself that I lost, but I really tried to capture the spirit of the thing

Doing a quick check, it is confirmed that a lot of the posts are from the same poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's amazing!! What a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and

and

NO MORE HATRED

NO MORE NEPOTISM

The great majority of those points against terrible competition. Those 4 came up small in the biggest moments in the toughest games against Darien, CSH and GC twice. Coach can't win without the kids producing in the biggest spots.

Just to clarify, this post is actually a defense of the coach suggesting that the players he depended on most did not come up big for him and that's why he didn't win. Not that he wasn't a good coach. In fact, I think he's one of the best but he needs his best players to step up in the biggest spots, which they did not this year. His best players only rang up the points against the weakest competition. That's not the coach's fault in my opinion. It's a failure of the players not getting it done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about a game. everyone can guess who it is on here? when warm moderator says so...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The pessimist loses arguments against himself.
The optimist wins arguments against himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's pretty safe to say that just about every high school team in the nation has at least one parent that would love to anonymously rail against their coach. And while they can argue about coaching style, X's and O's, temperament or any other topic, it usually boils down to one thing. Playing time. And when their child doesn't get much, we here about the weather, playing conditions, lack of developing players or any other nonsense a parent can come up with. Like I always say, grab a whistle and throw your hat in the ring. Then we would see just how many anonymous comments people make about you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's pretty safe to say that just about every high school team in the nation has at least one parent that would love to anonymously rail against their coach. And while they can argue about coaching style, X's and O's, temperament or any other topic, it usually boils down to one thing. Playing time. And when their child doesn't get much, we here about the weather, playing conditions, lack of developing players or any other nonsense a parent can come up with. Like I always say, grab a whistle and throw your hat in the ring. Then we would see just how many anonymous comments people make about you.

Not always true, some complain because the team doesn't get better and their kid starts it is a team sport you know. Or are only as strong as your weakest link.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calabria is not a good coach he wins when he has more talent period. He is an nut on sidelines. I think he got flagged for being too far on the field in Massapequa game. Not only does he belittle his own players he scream at opposing players which is totally unacceptable.
He is a tool- who uses his power in unacceptable ways. He should not be coaching.

Are you from Syo ? If so don't hide behind anonymity and if not mind your business.

Says the guy posting anonymously

I'm not bashing or defending just saying if you are negative speak up , be heard ! Don't sit at the parent meetings like a church mouse but instead get on here and spew poison. If you are a Syo parent whats's up otherwise stay in your own town.

J C is a great guy and a tremendous coach. We don't live in Syo and in the past he has invited my son to his Fall workouts. He didn't have to but did and I won't forget !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was tailgating with some friends last night waiting for the class A game to start. The SWR lax team had finished celebrating with their parents and friends and were ready to head home. They walked past the Garden City tailgate and the GC parents started to clap, congratulate them and wish them luck. With all the negative comments posted on here about Towns, parents, coaches, teams etc., I thought it was worth mentioning something positive. Nice job Garden City and good luck to all the LI teams moving on.

Garden City parents tailgating at a High School game w red cups. Wonder where the kids get this behavior and think it's ok. Drinking in parking lots before a HS game? Can't you just have a soda with your kids and a hot dog and go watch? Who drives home?

Lighten up. Little tailgate never hurt anyone. GC parents are the last ones you have to worry about behaving poorly! And uber!

If we as parents can't enjoy our son's experience (including a little tailgating) then this is all just a burden. I want to enjoy the experience and spending time with other parents, sharing some laughs is part of it.

Chill out. Grab your flip flops and come join us next time you see us tailgating. You may enjoy yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the above poster's points have any merit? Nepotism?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

The pessimist loses arguments against himself.
The optimist wins arguments against himself.

I only lost the argument because I was able to convince myself that I was wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the above poster's points have any merit? Nepotism?

Nepotism? redundancy? we get it, you think that your kid didn't play because of nepotism - can we move on? could it be that he didn't play because he bought his frickin' toys with him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did everyone think of the tryouts for the Nassau Suffolk game teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't the semis upstate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did everyone think of the tryouts for the Nassau Suffolk game teams.

as always too many kids, as DD would say "I have been to street fights that are better organized" but it is open to anybody that wants to pay so it is what it is, I think the first round is usually by reputation as much as by play at the actual tryout and the event gets better in the final 40's and then it is all worth it if you make the actual game which is an awesome event for the kids ......IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Semi's for downstate region. Then move to Middleton after tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard if the game times have been changed at Hofstra today for NYS semi-finals?

first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

first game 4-4 at half SWR V Yorktown from the tweets it sounds like it started about a half an hour late

Thank you, sounds like great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Semi's for downstate region. Then move to Middleton after tonight.

The games tonight are the semi final games. The finals are Saturday in Middletown. The other semis are being held in Cicero up near Syracuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

final Yorktown 7 - SWR 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

final Yorktown 7 - SWR 6

Was a good and close game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to be happy about it.
SWR out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to be happy about it.
SWR out!

No, wouldn't say that. People just don't realize what else is out there and tend to get a little too cocky! I did enjoy the heart of that team, all for a great cause! A great run!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program.

Give it a rest already. Maybe have your son switch to bowling and avoid all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

..... and that's why I don't live in Manhasset. Not because of the coach, because of you!

Page 62 of 77 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard