BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 23 of 220 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The top 2020 YJ was competitive the other 2 teams not so much. It looked like these girls enjoyed themselves and I'm sure most of the will want to play again. This season won't be a waste for the YJ if these girls return and have a little experience under their belts for next season.

kids didnt have a clue, its all about parents egos

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the advantage? They have no teams there age to play, most tournaments start with girls going into 7th grade, so even the 2019's played up more than half of there games, 2020's were sheep to the slaughter when they left LI for a tournament against 2018/2019 teams

The advantage is the girls are hooked earlier into a club. The young teams only go to a couple travel tournaments and mostly play each other anyway. But girls in the 3rd, 4th and even fifth grade are welcomed into the world of pay to play by yj where that is not an option with many other clubs. Parents and kids who are [lacrosse] bent to play will go to yj and likely stay there once they are in, thus the advantage.

This post doesn't even make sense! There were plenty of 2019 teams from all over that they were able to play! Plus the 2019 Black team did VERY well against all the 2018 teams that they played! It was no issue for the 2019 or 2020 girls.

the reference was regarding the yj 2020 teams that were a waste of time and most parents of those kids would agree - they had know idea that they would be traveling to play themselves or get humiliated by 2018 and 2019 teams

Curious , how many tournaments did your 2018 TG team win,for that matter how many tournaments did your self proclaimed greatest team ever assembled 2019 team win.Cannot wait to see the connected few get to pick which age they want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the advantage? They have no teams there age to play, most tournaments start with girls going into 7th grade, so even the 2019's played up more than half of there games, 2020's were sheep to the slaughter when they left LI for a tournament against 2018/2019 teams

The advantage is the girls are hooked earlier into a club. The young teams only go to a couple travel tournaments and mostly play each other anyway. But girls in the 3rd, 4th and even fifth grade are welcomed into the world of pay to play by yj where that is not an option with many other clubs. Parents and kids who are [lacrosse] bent to play will go to yj and likely stay there once they are in, thus the advantage.

This post doesn't even make sense! There were plenty of 2019 teams from all over that they were able to play! Plus the 2019 Black team did VERY well against all the 2018 teams that they played! It was no issue for the 2019 or 2020 girls.

the reference was regarding the yj 2020 teams that were a waste of time and most parents of those kids would agree - they had know idea that they would be traveling to play themselves or get humiliated by 2018 and 2019 teams

Curious , how many tournaments did your 2018 TG team win,for that matter how many tournaments did your self proclaimed greatest team ever assembled 2019 team win.Cannot wait to see the connected few get to pick which age they want to play.

2018? 2019? 12 and 11 year olds right? Don't know exactly about the wins but how does it feel to be known as an obnoxious egotistical parent who concentrates only on winning at all costs for 11 and 12 year olds? The entire lax world sees your club in this light. That must feel great having to make excuses like...that's cause we win and look at our college commit list etc.....no it's because you simply are what everyone says...just listen...from NY to NJ to VA to MD. You are classless. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018? 2019? 12 and 11 year olds right? Don't know exactly about the wins but how does it feel to be known as an obnoxious egotistical parent who concentrates only on winning at all costs for 11 and 12 year olds? The entire lax world sees your club in this light. That must feel great having to make excuses like...that's cause we win and look at our college commit list etc.....no it's because you simply are what everyone says...just listen...from NY to NJ to VA to MD. You are classless.

Funny thing the only people talking about the level of competition of the younger teams in a negative way were your TG parents. To he person going after the younger YJ coaches anytime you feel like comparing bios of your younger TG coaches feel free. I read your youngest teams head coach bio on your website, you could not even make up enough stuff to make it seem they have any business coaching girls lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen both these teams play and they are both very good. Best of the age groups? Who knows who cares. I think I heard 2018 only lost a single, close game all year, and the 2019s only lost a hanful. I also follow this thread and the self proclaimed thing actually came from posts from other people saying the 2019 parents think this and that. Now your spinning it to suit your needs. If that's what you need to do to stir the pot, have fun. Don't you have anything better to do today?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wheres the animosity everyone keeps talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wheres the animosity everyone keeps talking about?

That's over on the YJ thread. It breeds over there! Along with denial and obnoxiousness!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. I believe all the hatred comes from uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018? 2019? 12 and 11 year olds right? Don't know exactly about the wins but how does it feel to be known as an obnoxious egotistical parent who concentrates only on winning at all costs for 11 and 12 year olds? The entire lax world sees your club in this light. That must feel great having to make excuses like...that's cause we win and look at our college commit list etc.....no it's because you simply are what everyone says...just listen...from NY to NJ to VA to MD. You are classless.

Funny thing the only people talking about the level of competition of the younger teams in a negative way were your TG parents. To he person going after the younger YJ coaches anytime you feel like comparing bios of your younger TG coaches feel free. I read your youngest teams head coach bio on your website, you could not even make up enough stuff to make it seem they have any business coaching girls lacrosse.

Go look on your own thread parents are throwing YJ coaches under the bus left and right - 2020's, 2017's, 2015's and on and on - more complaints then I can count. The 2019 TG team was 28-2 over the summer, only loses coming to 2018 teams in playoffs, other than that there were three or four other games that were competitive and the rest were all double digit blowouts - it got to the point where the girls played left handed for the second half of most games! All you YJ parents have bought into the mindset of if we put the yj uniform on we will all be great and win every game we play because we're the YJ - guess what it doesn't work like that, but keep writing checks (they would like to have 100 girls registered for each age group) and maybe some day your daughter will be able to catch and throw with the players...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen both these teams play and they are both very good. Best of the age groups? Who knows who cares. I think I heard 2018 only lost a single, close game all year, and the 2019s only lost a hanful. I also follow this thread and the self proclaimed thing actually came from posts from other people saying the 2019 parents think this and that. Now your spinning it to suit your needs. If that's what you need to do to stir the pot, have fun. Don't you have anything better to do today?

The answer to your question is no chance.They have both lost to teams their own age and 2018 has never beaten YJ 2018 and have played multiple times.No YJ 2018 is not the best in this age group either.Actually according to your own 2019 parents they would beat your own 2018 team. MD clearly better then your LI teams in all age groups.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the 2019 would win vs 2018TG, the game would not be very close, the teams have about equal talent for their age and one year is a big difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the 2019 would win vs 2018TG, the game would not be very close, the teams have about equal talent for their age and one year is a big difference

Why don't you all shut up with the who beat who crap. Teach yourselves some sportsmanship and class then pass it to your girls. Don't let he YJ posters bring TGs down to their level. They have their own thread for that. IGNORE THEIR POSTS. That's how you get rid of pests! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you all shut up with the who beat who crap. Teach yourselves some sportsmanship and class then pass it to your girls. Don't let he YJ posters bring TGs down to their level. They have their own thread for that. IGNORE THEIR POSTS. That's how you get rid of pests! Lol

you're kidding, right? get off your high horse, don't pretend for a minute that it's not a tg parent posting on yj thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that the same technique you used for gum disease.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever wrote this post doesn't know what they're talking about. The tg 2018 black has only played the yj 2018 1 time in the the two years the team has been together. At that, they tied the game 2-2 at the National Draw. They are equally talented teams. In addition, tg 2018 also tied Sky walkers blue at the same tournament that Skywalkers beat yj 2018. Furthermore, tg 2018 only lost the MD 2018 black by 1 goal at a tournament this past summer. They are all up there in talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the first time I have been on the BOTC and I am SHOCKED at what I have read! I can not believe this stuff is written by ADULTS! We are supposed to be the mature ones, aren't we?
-Every club has it's positives and negatives no matter where you are
-People knowing people and being "connected" is a part of life, it happens everywhere you go! so deal with it
-We as the parents of these girls choose to have our girls play where they play for a reason - because we feel it's the best place for them to be!
-All of these clubs are businesses and therefore are going to make money- you have a choice if you put your child in travel lacrosse or not. I have yet to find the free one that does it out of the kindness in their hearts!
-So, if your DAUGHTER is happy where she is, if your DAUGHTER has learned something and improved her skills and your DAUGHTER likes the girls she plays with and her coaches then good job mom & dad your daughter is in the right place for HER!!! There is NO need for us as adults to keep bashing other girls and their clubs, regardless of which club they are in.
-There are VERY talented girls on all teams from all clubs let's just be happy for them and celebrate their successes, in an adult way!!
HAPPY LAXING TO ALL THE GIRLS!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the first time I have been on the BOTC and I am SHOCKED at what I have read! I can not believe this stuff is written by ADULTS! We are supposed to be the mature ones, aren't we?
-People knowing people and being "connected" is a part of life, it happens everywhere you go! so deal with it
-We as the parents of these girls choose to have our girls play where they play for a reason - because we feel it's the best place for them to be!
-All of these clubs are businesses and therefore are going to make money- you have a choice if you put your child in travel lacrosse or not. I have yet to find the free one that does it out of the kindness in their hearts!
-So, if your DAUGHTER is happy where she is, if your DAUGHTER has learned something and improved her skills and your DAUGHTER likes the girls she plays with and her coaches then good job mom & dad your daughter is in the right place for HER!!! There is NO need for us as adults to keep bashing other girls and their clubs, regardless of which club they are in.
-There are VERY talented girls on all teams from all clubs let's just be happy for them and celebrate their successes, in an adult way!!
You aren't going to do well here LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You aren't going to do well here LOL

This IS the WRONG place for eloquent cyber SHOUTING!!!!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May not bother you that kids that are connected get to pick what age and team they play on but when their decision keeps your kid off the better team it is unfair.Yes connected people get favored treatment in most aspects of life but it does not make it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By no means do I think this is OK or right! But it does happen in MANY different aspects of life! So, if you are going to continue to play on these types of teams it is something that you will continue to deal with! Right - no but part of life - yes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May not bother you that kids that are connected get to pick what age and team they play on but when their decision keeps your kid off the better team it is unfair.Yes connected people get favored treatment in most aspects of life but it does not make it right.

Let's be real how many kids on a team of 20-24 are really that connected? Probably 4-5 tops and that still leaves plenty of spots available for other kids! If your kid is talented enough they will make the better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be real how many kids on a team of 20-24 are really that connected? Probably 4-5 tops and that still leaves plenty of spots available for other kids! If your kid is talented enough they will make the better team.

Let's use your number of 5 , then 5 kids who should have made the team do not.Playing with better players tends to make you a better player, so the border line top team kids who could use the this opportunity don't get the chance.You had a number of 2020 kids placed on the 2019 top team, a few of them were good enough but most had connections.These kids took the place of several 2019 kids and will now hopefully be placed in their proper age group,Apparently your kid is so good they have no worries or maybe you are one of the connected ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's use your number of 5 , then 5 kids who should have made the team do not.Playing with better players tends to make you a better player, so the border line top team kids who could use the this opportunity don't get the chance.You had a number of 2020 kids placed on the 2019 top team, a few of them were good enough but most had connections.These kids took the place of several 2019 kids and will now hopefully be placed in their proper age group,Apparently your kid is so good they have no worries or maybe you are one of the connected ones.

First of all my kid was not even on the 2019 team. Secondly, my kid is not connected in anyway she tried out and made her team on her own ability. I agree with you 100% that kids should play with there own age group when there is a team for their age- whatever age that is. It was obviously the clubs decision to put 2020 kids with 2019 kids so if you're that unhappy about it you should speak with them regarding how you feel! From what I heard there will be 2021 kids that play up with the 2020 girls next year. It is what it is for that one year and then the girls should play with only their own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We got people whinning and crying and tryouts haven't even been held yet. Wait two weeks and watch how much people come on here and [lacrosse] about unfair this and that, try out fees, politics and on and on. It is what it is and its the same with every club you go, suck it up and deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We got people whinning and crying and tryouts haven't even been held yet. Wait two weeks and watch how much people come on here and [lacrosse] about unfair this and that, try out fees, politics and on and on. It is what it is and its the same with every club you go, suck it up and deal with it.

You are ABSOLUTELY right about that! Stop complaining and play somewhere else if you're not happy but it is the same at all clubs!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are ABSOLUTELY right about that! Stop complaining and play somewhere else if you're not happy but it is the same at all clubs!!
no its not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

In the end, all girls end up playing with their age group.

thats false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

thats false.

I am familiar with most, but not all teams, as far as I know this is true. Other than younger kids playing up for the first year available, where is this happening? What age group/ team are yolu refering to? (Not that it matters anyway)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
thats false.

Are you still talking about 2019? Tell me where girls play up in the upper ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

Are you still talking about 2019? Tell me where girls play up in the upper ages.

I do not think any girls play up except at the youngest group and then it's only for 1 year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connections do help, no matter what league you’re in. I know there are a few girls on a YJ Blue team because their Uncle or their father’s friend coaches one of the older YJ teams. There are girls on the YJ Gold Team that are better than these girls, but don't have the connections to get placed on the Blue team. Unfortunately, that’s just how it is and you have to deal with it. When I was a kid (I'm 40) and played little league, it was always the coaches kid who got to pitch or play quarterback, so I don't think this will ever change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

Really....why does that YJ goalie play up? 2014 team. Amongst others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

Not too familiar with YJ other than they're a solid club we really look forward to playing, just popped onto the thread to look around. We've left clubs because they play kids up...IMO, it's a terrible policy. Hurts the younger teams far more than it helps the older teams as the kids will always be more competitive against younger competition. Encourages "me too" attitude and more parents start asking to have their kids play-up too and finally, the kids who play-up usually leave the club when they try to move them back down to the correct age group because they feel like they're being demoted. Maybe YJ have solved the problems of playing kids up, who knows. My girls play M&D and to my knowledge no kids play-up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

That Goalie plays up because daddy is a varsity assistant coach on her high school team, where she has also played varsity since the 7th grade. Though a good goalie, she has more of an advantage because of her father. In any other school she maybe makes varsity as a freshman, but because of her dad and being in such a small district she has taken advantage of a good opportunity as we all would have. Truth be told she doesn't live up to the hype against bigger stronger schools, or in tournament. there are better goalies than her that don't have the same backing or name recognition, but are far better goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may be the single worst post on here.To single a young girl out on this site for your criticism is disgusting.Such an obvious jealous hateful person, your kid knows what type of person you are and I guarantee she is embarrassed of you.The kid you are talking about is a complete stud and deserves all the accolades she gets.If you were a YJ parent attacking one of our TG players this would make sense to me but it just goes to show even TG has parents who are complete morons.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Eh, no one knows who posted that, we're mostly all anon.

I've seen that goalie play, she's good. No need to dissect her game publicly. It sounds like sour grapes to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

That Goalie plays up because daddy is a varsity assistant coach on her high school team, where she has also played varsity since the 7th grade. Though a good goalie, she has more of an advantage because of her father. In any other school she maybe makes varsity as a freshman, but because of her dad and being in such a small district she has taken advantage of a good opportunity as we all would have. Truth be told she doesn't live up to the hype against bigger stronger schools, or in tournament. there are better goalies than her that don't have the same backing or name recognition, but are far better goalies.

Are you kidding me?! Look at her bio and then you tell me she doesn't deserve to be there. she lives up to the hype and then some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

As a TG parent I can say the above post is NOT from a TG parent. We are not that way I hope. Someone starting trouble I'm sure.
That YJ goalie in question is really good. I have had the opportunity to get to know her Mom a bit while cheering on our goalies this season when playing against each other. I find myself rooting for her throughout the season and I am sure they do the same (as long as they are not playing each other, lol). That is called friendly, respectful competition! No one needs to single out a girl like that...especially a goalie. There is enough pressure playing that position as it is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats false.

First of all,She is a great goalie and a better kid. Don't diminish her accomplishments for your own agenda! Next, I have only seen goalies play up in YJ's and it is pretty common.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 220 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard