BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I have 2 sons at way different skill levels. Both enjoy the game. How would they get up early for schoolball weekend workouts in this monsoon weather unless they loved the game. That's what PAL creates.

P.s. SCPAL posts records and scores. Some real gem coaches out there. I would be embarrassed if I was routing teams in the "C" division.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City

PAL programs are run by parents. If you have a town with parents who played the sport themselves, the PAL program will be strong. What town PAL has input from the Varsity coach?

Massapequa

Nope, not true, Massapequa PAL has no input from the Varsity coach. Great guy, he lives in the town but does not voice an opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I have 2 sons at way different skill levels. Both enjoy the game. How would they get up early for schoolball weekend workouts in this monsoon weather unless they loved the game. That's what PAL creates.

P.s. SCPAL posts records and scores. Some real gem coaches out there. I would be embarrassed if I was routing teams in the "C" division.

You mean you would be embarrassed like the Oyster Bay coach playing in the 5th grade 4th division 5 Outlaw A players and 4 91 players. No nothing to be embarrassed about there. It's all about winning the 5th grade championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oyster Bay isn't the only one who does it... But when the league is notified, they make up excuses as to why they are there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, its acts like that that totally screw up the competitive landscape of the divisions making for a miserable experience for the teams that are truly D4 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 5th grade PAL championship will be held out in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 5th grade PAL championship will be held out in Denver.

Do you know if the ticket are on sale already. I hear it's the game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A & B divisions will be on ESPNU. C & D are on the Ocho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL programs are run by parents. If you have a town with parents who played the sport themselves, the PAL program will be strong. What town PAL has input from the Varsity coach?

Massapequa

That is completely false. Massapequa PAL has been run by the same guy for a long time. The varsity coach coaches one of his team's now because his kid is on it. That's the extent of his "input".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa is fortunate to have an exceptional group of men who run the lax program across all grades. Many played college lacrosse. They are extraordinary coaches and have the right approach -- first and foremost the kids should have fun. And yes-- learn the game and develop as players at reasonable pace From that simple premise they have developed a successful program and developed some exceptional players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa is fortunate to have an exceptional group of men who run the lax program across all grades. Many played college lacrosse. They are extraordinary coaches and have the right approach -- first and foremost the kids should have fun. And yes-- learn the game and develop as players at reasonable pace From that simple premise they have developed a successful program and developed some exceptional players.
Maybe they can help out the 3V program. That program seems to be circling the drain with the exception of the 5th grade. They should see what they're doing. Why reinvent the wheel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyway to find out the final standings? curious to where the programs stand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's PAL, all the kids are winners!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We finally got the last Tauntaun remains off the field. PAL season is over!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournament season is what you should keep track of. PAL standings, even though they don't exist, would not give you an accurate picture where programs stand.

All programs have different philosophies on how to run PAL. Some put emphasis on development, some put emphasis on challenging the team in a stronger division, some place themselves in weaker divisions to win. I'm sure I can find you a team that ran thru their PAL schedule but would lose to a sub .500 PAL team in a different division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when the 2017 PAL schedule comes out? Last year we were playing at the end of March. Like most of you, trying to plan out our schedules. Thanks guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Farmingdale we just got an email regarding our 1st this week. I heard permits were not being issued until early April in an attempt to preserve the fields. I could be wrong but that is what I heard from several people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL asked for final rosters earlier this year than in past - late February - but I don't believe any schedules have come out yet. Also, last year, they put out the first week's schedule, and delayed providing the remaining season schedule until the week prior to the second game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"We finally got the last Tauntaun remains off the field. PAL season is over!"

Love it! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems every year they are less organized. Although the tourney machine schedule is great. too bad they don't update it. id like to know if the divisions are the same too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL will not exist in 5 years there are too many choices for people to play lacrosse and PAL is just BAD lacrosse y4mexR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/2/2017 Sunday First Weekend of Games
4/9/2017 Sunday Second Weekend of Games
4/16/2017 Sunday Holiday Weekend
4/23/2017 Sunday Third Weekend of Games
4/30/2017 Sunday Fourth Weekend of Games
5/7/2017 Sunday Fifth Weekend of Games
5/14/2017 Sunday Sixth Weekend of Games
5/21/2017 Sunday Seventh Weekend of Games
5/28/2017 Sunday Memorial Day Weekend
6/4/2017 Sunday Eighth Weekend of Games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL will not exist in 5 years there are too many choices for people to play lacrosse and PAL is just BAD lacrosse y4mexR

Disagree for a number of reasons, key ones being that it is really the only recreational lacrosse option available and there are plenty of boys that continue to play at that level of commitment only. The boys that play club also will not swap 2 - 3 local practices per week in PAL for comparable club practices: the clubs may not have the manpower to do it, the boys now would have to be driven to how ever far away their team practices and logistically that is way harder for many, the cost is not in line between PAL versus club. What you are projecting is a sport that is dying as opposed to one that is growing. You cannot expect a sport to continue where only elite players play at all. The only way PAL goes away is if it is replaced with something that is likely comparable to PAL in many ways - so then what has been achieved other than a different organization running it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree for a number of reasons, key ones being that it is really the only recreational lacrosse option available and there are plenty of boys that continue to play at that level of commitment only. The boys that play club also will not swap 2 - 3 local practices per week in PAL for comparable club practices: the clubs may not have the manpower to do it, the boys now would have to be driven to how ever far away their team practices and logistically that is way harder for many, the cost is not in line between PAL versus club. What you are projecting is a sport that is dying as opposed to one that is growing. You cannot expect a sport to continue where only elite players play at all. The only way PAL goes away is if it is replaced with something that is likely comparable to PAL in many ways - so then what has been achieved other than a different organization running it?

agreed. Getting rid of PAL will help the top school programs and kill the lower programs. The top programs will have there players play club instead the lower programs will just not play youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is funded by the government. It is going nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/2/2017 Sunday First Weekend of Games
4/9/2017 Sunday Second Weekend of Games
4/16/2017 Sunday Holiday Weekend
4/23/2017 Sunday Third Weekend of Games
4/30/2017 Sunday Fourth Weekend of Games
5/7/2017 Sunday Fifth Weekend of Games
5/14/2017 Sunday Sixth Weekend of Games
5/21/2017 Sunday Seventh Weekend of Games
5/28/2017 Sunday Memorial Day Weekend
6/4/2017 Sunday Eighth Weekend of Games

Would rather have PAL end before Memorial Day weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL...CYO...Little League....its for the love of the game, its to play with your neighborhood friends, its imperative that it exists for kids today. Whats the rush people? My kid is in 5th grade. I love/d the PAL experience, and I also know it will only last for this year maybe next. Enjoy it fellas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's Nassau... pretty sure Suffolk starts a week earlier and ends prior to Memorial Day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been saying it for 5 years now, put 1 or 2 games in during the week therefore the season could start a littler later without there worry of snow and end before Memorial Day. Nothing worse that the first few weeks where weather is a factor of getting practices in and then being on a field for 2 hours where the temp is 30 and the wind makes it feel like 20, miserable for everyone involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL...CYO...Little League....its for the love of the game, its to play with your neighborhood friends, its imperative that it exists for kids today. Whats the rush people? My kid is in 5th grade. I love/d the PAL experience, and I also know it will only last for this year maybe next. Enjoy it fellas

Agreed...it's great for the 2nd through 6th graders. All the travel kids love playing with their school buddies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Massapequa PAL program is a joke. The Varsity boys coach has no input & the guy running it doesn't allow anyone else to give their input. Most of the coaches within the Massapequa PAL program only coach care about their own kids and their friends. If you think Massapequa has a well run youth program you are sadly mistaken.
I would love to know why most of the people who are are the "Board" for the Massapequa youth program are still involved when they truely don't have the best interest of all the boys & girls in mind. You can never get an honest answer from anyone involved with the Massapequa youth lacrosse program, if you ask 2 different "board " members the same question you will hear 2 completely different answers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should the varsity coach have any input? He has enough on his plate with the Varsity. PAL is the job of parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Massapequa PAL program is a joke. The Varsity boys coach has no input & the guy running it doesn't allow anyone else to give their input. Most of the coaches within the Massapequa PAL program only coach care about their own kids and their friends. If you think Massapequa has a well run youth program you are sadly mistaken.
I would love to know why most of the people who are are the "Board" for the Massapequa youth program are still involved when they truely don't have the best interest of all the boys & girls in mind. You can never get an honest answer from anyone involved with the Massapequa youth lacrosse program, if you ask 2 different "board " members the same question you will hear 2 completely different answers.

I am not from Massapequa, however I do help to run a program and everyone always seem to feel like there is some big conspiracy against them or their kid when most directors would love for others to be involved but like [lacrosse] the gator their hands never quite make it up in time.

So here is big question. Have you volunteered? Have you raised your hand or stepped up to be the person that brings change to the program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say job of parents, you mean volunteer of parents. Jobs pay money, this dosent. People forget that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the guys from Massapequa PAL steal your dog or something? Seem to have some built up hostility.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound a little jaded and probably run to the board to complain about everything. I have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader playing and can gladly say that I have never needed to contact the Board directly for anything. While I don't coach, i have zero issue with the program and am very happy with all of the coaches that have been involved with both my boys.

The group that my 4th grader has been with has been consistent since kindergarten.....and have the best interests for the boys. And my 2nd grader is excited to start playing games this year.

Any coach that is volunteering their time is usually going to show favoritism towards his son and close friends, but i would bet that is because he may know those kids better. As long as the coach isn't flat out ignoring others and hindering their development or joy for playing, there should be no issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from Massapequa, however I do help to run a program and everyone always seem to feel like there is some big conspiracy against them or their kid when most directors would love for others to be involved but like [lacrosse] the gator their hands never quite make it up in time.

So here is big question. Have you volunteered? Have you raised your hand or stepped up to be the person that brings change to the program?

So typical. This is not just a 'Pequa thing. All of these clowns complain about PAL. It's a "good old boys" club or it's "Daddy Ball" or it's "My kid doesn't get a fair shot". Give it a rest. I coach a PAL team and guess what? It's not all good times. Parents don't bring their kids to practice. They blow off games without letting the coaches know. Parents [lacrosse] that their kid doesn't play the position he wants. Parents complain about playing time. I'm rushing home from work 3 days a week and then practicing for a few hours just to wait an extra 30 minutes for people to pick up their kids. I have to buy a bucket of balls to start every season along with extra mouthpieces. I'm constantly fixing/adjusting equipment because parents are not interested in taking the time to do so. I have to collect all of the equipment and water bottles that kids leave around and drop it back to their houses. It's a thankless job, but coaches do it for their kids. If things don't sit right with you, volunteer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been saying it for 5 years now, put 1 or 2 games in during the week therefore the season could start a littler later without there worry of snow and end before Memorial Day. Nothing worse that the first few weeks where weather is a factor of getting practices in and then being on a field for 2 hours where the temp is 30 and the wind makes it feel like 20, miserable for everyone involved.

What fields would they play games on when school teams are practicing and playing on most of them during the week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should the varsity coach have any input? He has enough on his plate with the Varsity. PAL is the job of parents.

If your local school's Varsity coach and/or AD are not involved even a small amount with your community program, then your program is not what it could be. No one is saying they need to commit hours upon hours of involvement by the school, but some interaction is necessary - it's mutually beneficial!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is always fields open somewhere, to get in one or 2 games in during a 8 week season would not be a problem. if people worked together for a better experience for everyone. How do travel teams practice 2x a week from march to august?

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard