BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: True Blue Boys 2013 Team Tryouts - September 22nd/23rd, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think their tournaments for this summer were:

JDRF
Lehigh
LI LaxFest
Hofstra
Bitten Tourney in Vermont

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think their tournaments for this summer were:

JDRF
Lehigh
LI LaxFest
Hofstra
Bitten Tourney in Vermont

Sounds challenging. Many MD clubs show their face there in the 2017 and above age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Tryouts for True Blue last year and it was the best by far compared to any of the "established" clubs..I know a couple parents that had a great time this year..as far as being transparent, not sure what you are looking for, price we heard was good and the kids had fun and learned..and not going to ever reach the "established" club prices. Will see this year.

Price posted up $300 from last year plus the costs of winter and spring league - notice gloves aren't part of the package this year like last year. Guess they are going to get up to some of those other "established" clubs. So much for Blue being a grass roots team created originally for being frustrated with Express. They seemed to have bowed to the pressures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Stir the pot on another thread. TB is the best value by far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow another parent who decided to put there 2 cents in and they are still complaining about the price. Take your opionion and go to a team that will give everything for free. GEEZ, I dont understand why it is so important to put teams down. Just stay with your old team if you havent been blackballed for complaining from your existing team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Tryouts for True Blue last year and it was the best by far compared to any of the "established" clubs..I know a couple parents that had a great time this year..as far as being transparent, not sure what you are looking for, price we heard was good and the kids had fun and learned..and not going to ever reach the "established" club prices. Will see this year.

Price posted up $300 from last year plus the costs of winter and spring league - notice gloves aren't part of the package this year like last year. Guess they are going to get up to some of those other "established" clubs. So much for Blue being a grass roots team created originally for being frustrated with Express. They seemed to have bowed to the pressures.

I agree. It was only a matter of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a pot stirrer- I guess the point I'm making is that it feels like we are getting less or just about the same for more money with the additional revenue coming in for tryouts. Why expand so much so fast vs. grow the program organically vs looking to become the next big business team? whats wrong with developing already goods kids who had success vs turning over a team potentially every year to drive more business. Was it ever about developing players with great coaching or is it about developing a brand with the best players who performed well in an evaluation with big named coaches driving players to a club to bring in business? If clubs are always chasing the sexiest tale will they ever become a true club or just a temporary landing place for kids to play and business to grow at their expense. Or am I so niave to think it was every about the kids and lacrosse development with good young players to help them become great young men and women with hopefully opportunity to play at higher levels.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
O.K. so you are upset with TB for doing this! why not just walk away and find another team that has the same beliefs and philosophies. If other parents feel the same way, then you have nothing to worry about. The team will lose all their players and fold, so no worries.

T.B. was started for the good of the kids and that is still the case, you cant hold it against someone who is trying to do the right thing and grow the Team

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
IMPORTANT NOTE

There was an unknown conflict at Hofstra so True Blue will be revising their September 22nd tryout details.

Tryouts for Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 will be changed. BOTC will have the revised details as soon as they are available.

This update will effect the following grades:

Sixth Grade (2019)
Seventh Grade (2018)
Eighth Grade (2017)
Ninth Grade (2016)
Tryout Dates, Times, and Details

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Sixth Grade (2019) : 9:00am - 11:00am
Seventh Grade (2018) : 11:00am - 1:00pm
Eighth Grade (2017) : 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Ninth Grade (2016) 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012
Second Grade (2023) : 6:00pm - 7:30pm, East Field
Third Grade (2022) : 6:00pm - 7:30pm, West Field
Fourth Grade (2021) : 7:30pm - 9:00pm, East Field
Fifth Grade (2020) : 7:30pm - 9:00pm, West Field

Rainout and Conflict Make-Up Date is Sunday, September 30th, 2012

Players who are selected for the upcoming 2013 Season will receive: Helmet, Custom Sublimated Uniform, Custom True Blue Bag and True Blue Sublimated Shooting Shirt. All Summer teams will have a minumum of 12 practices and 5 Tournaments. There will be Winter and Spring programs offered as well. The cost for these additional programs (Winter and Spring) will be based upon each teams participation.

$975 per player Grades 3-9
2nd Grade Prices to be Announced

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I can appreciate your passion for the kids and I agree to a certain degree. Its a catch 22, you want your team to stay together, but you will not stay competitive with the teams that are adding better talent. Remember that teams that keep their teams intact are never going to compete and grow as strong as other teams. that is just how nature works, each year kids develop at different rates. If you had the same team together for a few years and they are successful that is great, it was when the boys were younger. Now parents dont want to be on a team where they know if they replace the bottom 4 kids, they will be more competitive. The best kids on the team will not want to stay on a team that isnt competitve. It sucks but its part of the game. The only thing is to keep kids that want to play together on their town team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a pot stirrer- I guess the point I'm making is that it feels like we are getting less or just about the same for more money with the additional revenue coming in for tryouts. Why expand so much so fast vs. grow the program organically vs looking to become the next big business team? whats wrong with developing already goods kids who had success vs turning over a team potentially every year to drive more business. Was it ever about developing players with great coaching or is it about developing a brand with the best players who performed well in an evaluation with big named coaches driving players to a club to bring in business? If clubs are always chasing the sexiest tale will they ever become a true club or just a temporary landing place for kids to play and business to grow at their expense. Or am I so niave to think it was every about the kids and lacrosse development with good young players to help them become great young men and women with hopefully opportunity to play at higher levels.

I know that you would like to keep your kids together and development them into a great team. Unfortunately thats not the way it works. The bigger, stronger, faster kids always win. Thats life. The PAL is for developing kids and equal play. The travel clubs pick the best kids and play to win. I'm not saying I agree with it or that it's right, it's just the way it is. It's this way with soccer and baseball travel teams also. There are many clubs for your kid to play on. Find one that matches his ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trueblue doing the tryouts weeks later than 91? And you know express is going to do theirs early also. Risky move by Trueblue, you could lose a few of your players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does TB practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does TB practice?

What grade are you referring too, all practiced at different locations - some Nassau some
Suffolk... There was no designated home field. Only fielded 5th 7th and 8th grade last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd and 5th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the 5th grade team will be mostly practicing in Massapequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the various dates for tryouts, how much do you have to say yes before they move on to someone else. For example team "A" is say Sept 15 and team " B" is on Oct 13. How do I manage the tryout differences

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2019 boy on another team and I saw a handful of the True Blue's 2019 team's games this year. They were very well coached. I see that their 2017 team beat Express Orange in the final of the Vermont tourney.
I went on their website and couldn't believe who they were able to get to coach their 2020 team for this year. It looks this group is moving in the right direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great credentials for the True Blue 2020(5th grade) coaches.

Does anyone know who will be coaching their 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great credentials for the True Blue 2020(5th grade) coaches.

Does anyone know who will be coaching their 2021 team?

Where can I find the coach for 2020 true blue? Thx...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truebluelacrosse.com
There is a crawling message on the home page stating who the 5th grade coaches for 2013 are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your calculations are off with tournament pricing. It depends which tournaments you participate in. Tri-State is approximately $2,200 per team, Hofstra Classic $1,600 per team, LI Laxfest $1,200 per team. You're also not accounting for hotels (at the cost of approx. $150 per night) for all coaches for away tournaments, field space cost, insurance and other small overhead costs. For a club with only one team at each level, the directors are not getting rich from running the programs. If they were, they wouldn't have full time day jobs. Costs could be reduced by using "parent coaches" but there would be complaints with that as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 team is a group of Massapequa players and coaches. Of course the are practicing in Massapequa. Are they going to be adding kids from other towns ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the 2020 team will obviously have a handful of the top Massapequa kids come along with their coaches. They will definitely be looking for players from other towns at the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid played against the Massapequa team in a couple tournaments last spring. They were a very good squad. I watched them beat the Smithtown team in the King of the Hill Championship right after they beat my kids team by a bunch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you ask SONY why their TV's are so expensive or do you just shop for a TV that fits your budget? No difference here.

Yes, it's a business. I can tell you from experience that it's a tremendous amount of work to actually run a club. What parents see is only the surface. Like any business, there's a lot to be done behind the scenes. Finding field space, uniform design and ordering, emails, rosters, phone calls, waivers, tournament registrations, hotel reservations. It all adds up to a significant amount of time. So yes, a salary is warranted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful when joining a team whose coach brought a group of kids from his town. Seen it happen before, they are taken care of first because the coaches have to deal with the home town parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me who the 2018 and the 2021 coaches are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so true, for any of these teams. Parents coaching their own boys will always give them the best opportunities regardless of what anyone says. They're looking to build their local program and eventually school teams. Be careful is right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you should really be careful of is paying a crazy amount of money to be on a B or C team of the big groups. Or to be on a random team that has trouble competing all spring and summer, and still charges you what the "big groups" charge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 boys that have played, or are playing on summer teams.
I would rather have someone who has the incentive to put the time in to coach their team properly with their kid on it, than have an outside coach who is only there because he is getting paid. As long as the coach isn't the proverbial frustrated athlete, that is living thru their kid.
Look at the 91 teams that did well last year, all or most of them had a dad as the head or asst. coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 2019 coaches? Are they affiliated with any town program I am only hearing mention of 2018 and 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 coach is a Levittown guy, Bob C. Comes from a great lax family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the interest in this organization seems to be adequate. A large amount of views compared to other recently formed groups. While any positive comments on any group's threads seems to set off all the "haters" to dismiss it, numbers don't lie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the Team 91 2017,18, 19 and 20 all have dads coaching. Express teams have been and continue to be filled with dads coaching. The head coach of St. Anthonys coaches his kid's team for the 2020 Express. Jesters 2019 and 2020 have dads coaching.
It isn't a problem to have a coach with a kid on the team, if it's the guy "gets it". There are obviously guys who don't get it, and are fixated on their own kids.
Throwing out a blanket statement that having a coach with a kid on the team is something to always avoid is ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the Team 91 2017,18, 19 and 20 all have dads coaching. Express teams have been and continue to be filled with dads coaching. The head coach of St. Anthonys coaches his kid's team for the 2020 Express. Jesters 2019 and 2020 have dads coaching.
It isn't a problem to have a coach with a kid on the team, if it's the guy "gets it". There are obviously guys who don't get it, and are fixated on their own kids.
Throwing out a blanket statement that having a coach with a kid on the team is something to always avoid iignorant.
all the e

I couldn't agree more...my sons team last year had 2 parent asst coaches, and even though they have kids on the team they went above an beyond with all the players. A lot of extra practices an off season play. If they were to play their own son more than he should have, the head coach that is a paid coach is there to reign them back to reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need dads involved. You have to get the right dads is the key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need dads involved. You have to get the right dads is the key.

You need to find the right coaches that your kids like and respect. Sometimes they are dads, sometimes not. When you find them, do everyhting you can to stay with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where the 3rd grade team will practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered