BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

Sorry about the A team though

I'm sorry about the A team too. I have had several go through the travel gauntlet and all well past this age group. On every A team there are 6-8 players who flat out belong there. I feel very lucky to be viewing from that perspective, but believe it or not, the politics and shuffle is frustrating to watch as it does effect the entire team. I'm sure it is even more frustrating being a player whose placement is directly effected by the politics. Regardless, this is the age where all those political placed players jump off the page and frustrate people, including those who flat out belong. Consider it a public service announcement.

YJs 2022 top team's performance this weekend reminded me of this post/ series of posts. Last year this team lost three games all season, this year they have lost three in one weekend. This will be the most competitive tournament of the year, team will feel better about themselves after winning a couple weak, watered down tournaments, but now you got a good idea where this team stands. Time to put politics aside at tryouts.

What politics are you referring to? some players moved down and some moved up after this years tryouts..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

I'm sorry about the A team too. I have had several go through the travel gauntlet and all well past this age group. On every A team there are 6-8 players who flat out belong there. I feel very lucky to be viewing from that perspective, but believe it or not, the politics and shuffle is frustrating to watch as it does effect the entire team. I'm sure it is even more frustrating being a player whose placement is directly effected by the politics. Regardless, this is the age where all those political placed players jump off the page and frustrate people, including those who flat out belong. Consider it a public service announcement.

YJs 2022 top team's performance this weekend reminded me of this post/ series of posts. Last year this team lost three games all season, this year they have lost three in one weekend. This will be the most competitive tournament of the year, team will feel better about themselves after winning a couple weak, watered down tournaments, but now you got a good idea where this team stands. Time to put politics aside at tryouts.

What politics are you referring to? some players moved down and some moved up after this years tryouts..

Only one moved up. "Tryouts" is a bit of a stretch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one moved up. "Tryouts" is a bit of a stretch.

They always move one up... Gotta dangle the carrot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe you'll get the carrot this year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking for any sarcasm back, but this seems like a very "weak" thread compared to other age groups. Only 6 pages of comments and don't see much activity.

I also don't see many programs with a team at this age group. Besides YJ, TG, Legacy and Elevate.....what teams out there will be competitive, even at the next level down?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ most clubs should have at least one team at this age group, if they are to be considered legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't expect much activity after the YJ 2022 flopped in their first tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't expect much activity after the YJ 2022 flopped in their first tournament.

It's not where you start, but where you finish..Right?

YJ will be just fine..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't C2 at the top of those MD 2022 teams listed (i.e., M&D, TLC & Hero's)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C2 is going to fold. Courtney Connor is trying to build ASU's program. Casey and the kids are moving to AZ this summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Casey will become the director and run administratively from AZ. They have coaches in place and will get a coach for the 2022 team. The Connors are spending summers in Bmore.

C2 isn't clearly at the top. They are one of the top 4. One isn't clearly and consistently better than the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any experience with this Brine national tryouts or team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant money maker for the organizers. They accept way more players at first open tryout to come play in qualifiers, to the go to a camp to then play on a team. Complete waste of money as the players at the end of it all from all the different regions are not very high caliber. It is a ton of time and money to be on an unimpressive list in the end. Go to a college camp of interest instead, money much better spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant money maker for the organizers. They accept way more players at first open tryout to come play in qualifiers, to the go to a camp to then play on a team. Complete waste of money as the players at the end of it all from all the different regions are not very high caliber. It is a ton of time and money to be on an unimpressive list in the end. Go to a college camp of interest instead, money much better spent.

Me first parents love saying their kid was on team so they could charge whatever they want and still sell out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter has talent and wants to play lacrosse after HS, college coaches will find her. The previous poster was correct: don't waste your time and money on this. Attend a summer camp or clinic of schools your daughter might have some interest in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Me first parents love saying their kid was on team so they could charge whatever they want and still sell out

Isn't it new to this age?

Stick to camps not this. The idea is to move forward getting better. This promotes just games as there isn't supposed to be practices before hand. That is counter to everything at this age practice is more important.

I saw the value for rising freshman, but nothing below, having a rising 7th or 8th grader on a team looks silly. Then I believe they just created the age bracket for that age... Be wary....and wise. I'd say skip it for 22/23. They added that group just to see a% increase over last years model.

As a business smart move but for the sport and players I don't see the benefit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C2 may try to continue but it will be a clear violation of NCAA rules
". Local Sports Clubs
a. Coaches and institutional staff member in sports other than basketball may
be involved in any capacity (e.g. as a participant, administrator or in
instructional or coaching activities) in the same sport for a local sports
club or organization located in the institution’s home community,
provided all prospective student-athletes participating in said activities are
legal residents of the area (within a 50-mile radius of the institution)"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C2 may try to continue but it will be a clear violation of NCAA rules
". Local Sports Clubs
a. Coaches and institutional staff member in sports other than basketball may
be involved in any capacity (e.g. as a participant, administrator or in
instructional or coaching activities) in the same sport for a local sports
club or organization located in the institution’s home community,
provided all prospective student-athletes participating in said activities are
legal residents of the area (within a 50-mile radius of the institution)"

YES, she is aware of the rule. They are taking steps to comply with the rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your insight . Appreciate the feed back . As long as I can convince the other half .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for all your input ,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did the teams do this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams

Those are the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams

Those are the top teams

Have any of those teams won a tournament that both M&D or YJ have participated in? Last year those two and Redshirts won everything. Redshirts broke up, but I still don't think anyone other than those 3 have won a tournament in the last two years unless they all weren't present.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams.

Other than Yellow Jackets....who else is there from LI, or anywhere else for that matter ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams are together again this weekend. Will see who comes out on top this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams are together again this weekend. Will see who comes out on top this time.

Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last Year Bitmore 2022 Blue beat M&D 22 Black in the finals of the Spring Club Championship. Bitmore had a change of leadership this year and most of the kids went to Heros 22 Green, which may explain why Hero's has improved this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ACTUALLY HEROS 22 green WAS PRETTY GOOD LAST YEAR. LOST MAYBE 2-3 GAMES ... BEFORE THE OPEN TRYOUT AND THE CHANGE OF PLAYERS. NOW THEY ALL ARE ON THE SAME TEAM (MEAN GREEN) is TOUGH TO BEAT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Past/current college players I have talked to, as well as some high school coaches, have said the opposite. Felt it isn't a waste of time or money, rather a great experience any way you look at it. It is not designed for recruiting at the Youth level. It is designed for the experience and exposure. Those knocking it so hard, I question if their player was cut and there are hard feelings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Past/current college players I have talked to, as well as some high school coaches, have said the opposite. Felt it isn't a waste of time or money, rather a great experience any way you look at it. It is not designed for recruiting at the Youth level. It is designed for the experience and exposure. Those knocking it so hard, I question if their player was cut and there are hard feelings.

What are we talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.

Elevate will be there too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they any good ? LI ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United will be there too. They won championship last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United will be there too. They won championship last weekend.

The B Division Championship ? I dont think we are talking about that level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going?

Laxin Out Loud in Maryland , formerly Rock the Fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets beat C2 Black last weekend ? 5-0 in championship, but tied 6-6 in opening round ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not easy getting up and out of the car after a 3hr drive and a 5am wake up when your 12yrs old.

maybe the YJ are starting to get warmed up after a 10 month layoff
last Tourn was the first together since last year..

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard