BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tweet of the year
Gg1j18 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is by far the tweet of the year
read it lax parents
Esp those of you with young ones still time to change
For those of you will kids the age of being recruited
You may very well be hurting your kids chance to get to a school he or she may have a eye on attending

Attached Files image.jpg
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Tweet of the year
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
read it lax parents
You may very well be hurting your kids chance to get to a school he or she may have a eye on attending

True. I knew a super-athlete whose parents ruined her chances. She is playing but got few offers because of parental actions. Sad.

Also saw and heard coaches at a recruiting tournament saying they would never take on the girl whose dad was screaming and yelling about everything on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easier said then done. This would eliminate about 75% of Long Island athletes and quite a few club directors and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how does Mrs. Tucker field teams? I am a Maryland parent. On my son's club team there are 25 kids. Approximately 25 of those families are lunatic parents. My son's prep team has 40 on the varsity and approximately 40 of those families are lunatic parents.

Is lacrosse big enough in California or France to make up for all the LI and MD people eliminated here? Looking at the roster of Hopkins's women I'd have to say Mrs. Tucker either found the only lacrosse families who are normal people in those areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. They say it about the early recruiting also. Talk is cheap.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that's why her team isn't in the top 10. She needs more psycho parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember parents, let them have fun they are just kids!

Even the ones who are getting recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's college coach told me that she goes incognito during the large recruiting events. She'll cover up any logos she might have on, swap out her school's ball cap for a big floppy beach hat, throw on the biggest sunglasses she can find at Century 21 and hang out on the parents side. She laughs that it doesn't take very long to figure out which parents go with which players.
And just like Janine Turner, she says that she is not going to recruit a player who's parents are "sideline terrors". Her view was that she didn't want to have a player with a "coach not on her staff".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter's college coach told me that she goes incognito during the large recruiting events. She'll cover up any logos she might have on, swap out her school's ball cap for a big floppy beach hat, throw on the biggest sunglasses she can find at Century 21 and hang out on the parents side. She laughs that it doesn't take very long to figure out which parents go with which players.
And just like Janine Turner, she says that she is not going to recruit a player who's parents are "sideline terrors". Her view was that she didn't want to have a player with a "coach not on her staff".

And BTW, her team is in the top ten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 2 girls that only play lacrosse so I don't know if it's just lacrosse parents or parents in general at youth events. I've noticed at all games no matter what the level of talent is, that there are parents that yell at every game. The parents know more than the refs. Every call against their team is wrong. They are being picked on for some reason. Every call against the other team should be a yellow card. This is not limited to just Long Island. Go to any tournament and pick a field and you will hear sideline refs from all over the country screaming. It really is pathetic.
Remember they are just kids. It's just a game. Many of the coaches do not get paid. The officials are human and make mistakes. Enjoy the time with your kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have 2 girls that only play lacrosse so I don't know if it's just lacrosse parents or parents in general at youth events. I've noticed at all games no matter what the level of talent is, that there are parents that yell at every game. The parents know more than the refs. Every call against their team is wrong. They are being picked on for some reason. Every call against the other team should be a yellow card. This is not limited to just Long Island. Go to any tournament and pick a field and you will hear sideline refs from all over the country screaming. It really is pathetic.
Remember they are just kids. It's just a game. Many of the coaches do not get paid. The officials are human and make mistakes. Enjoy the time with your kids.

Yep. I prefer to sit off to the side away from the parents and watch my kid and enjoy watching him play. Keeping quiet puts me in the minority for sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
read it lax parents

I am a reformed lunatic. My wife made me see the light. Games are much more enjoyable just watching the kids play and not trying to coach from sidelines and comment to refs. I used to stay away from the parents as a way to keep quiet. Now I can be near them, unless they start chirping. If so, I just find a new place and cheer for the kids. No recovery is ever complete. When safety is issue, a ref will hear it. The early recruiting has made the pressure greater on everyone. I try to forget about it now. My kids didn't start travel to be recruited. They just want to play. Have a great summer!

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard